Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Bigmac612 @ 08/19/12 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut88
Probably not. But crazier things have happened.
True True

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

# 122 Humdinger80 @ 08/19/12 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlackGoku
Well, the Dolphins JUST drafted a QB in the top 10 (Ryan Tannehill) and they already have one of the best LT in the NFL (Jake Long). They just so happened to have the 2nd overall pick, and since they probably didn't get any real trade offers, they decided to get what they NEEDED. Where's the problem in that? Remember dude, it's still a game, in real life someone would have taken the 2nd pick from the Dolphins....but this isn't real life is it?
True, alot of this sh*t isn't what I see on sundays either. What am I thinking!?! haha

# 123 Randyfnrocks @ 08/19/12 02:17 PM
I understand wanting the game to be realistic but I think some of you are taking this a little too seriously

# 124 JimmyT85 @ 08/19/12 02:18 PM
I wonder if some decent players will go undrafted, like in real life (Kellen Moore, Chris Polk, Vontaze Burfict)

# 125 Chrisksaint @ 08/19/12 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyT85
I wonder if some decent players will go undrafted, like in real life (Kellen Moore, Chris Polk, Vontaze Burfict)
Yeah i'm interested in seeing the draft in the later rounds, in regards to story lines,et.

# 126 SteboSSK @ 08/19/12 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Yeah because Dez Bryant has proved to be such an elite WR to this point.

Ok.
Not to make this a football topic but Dez can and has shown in small spurts he can be a #1 guy. The ball is spread around alot with the Cowboys but he had nearly 1k yards and 9 tds. Im sure he is due for a breakout year barring any injury. He's looked pretty good against some of the top CBs in the league.

# 127 Humdinger80 @ 08/19/12 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevdawg0909
It looks cool, but with what I see as a major problem: the commentary keeps referring to FAKE NFL players!!!
In the video, Miami drafted TE - Marion Marks #2 overall and Trey Wingo said "Do any of you remember former NFL player Azriel Marks? If not you should. Marion Marks is his son." There never was a player named Azriel Marks in the NFL.
A few picks later, an OG named Kendrick Rose is drafted and Wingo says "Kendrick is the cousin of current NFL safety Keyon Rose." Well if you're playing a franchise, you'd be playing it with the real NFL players in the game. It's ridiculous to have the commentator refer to a made up player who's not even in the game as a "current NFL safety." The other issue with this is that the photo used for Kendrick Rose is of a white player. Not to be prejudiced or anything but wouldn't Kendrick and Keyon be most likely names of black players and not white?
On that same note, the #1 overall pick was Treon Martin - WR. (also shown as a white dude.) Names aside, how realistic is it that a white WR would be the #1 overall pick? Just saying....

Now a lot of you may think these are stupid complaints and that it shouldn't detract from the overall game at all. But the point is that EA has always touted their Madden franchise as realistic and their motto was "IF IT'S IN THE GAME, IT'S IN THE GAME!" Well all this fake stuff just doesn't cut it for me. I don't want to play a game where the commentator refers to players who aren't even in the league and never existed. It detracts from the overall experience. I'm not alone here.
If EA wants to put this fake stuff in there for the casual audience, fine. But at least leave the option for the rest of us to keep things a bit more realistic. Or at the very least, allow us to edit the players ourselves if we want and the only reason they took that option out of the game is so that they could add in this superficial connected careers mode that allowed commentators to talk about players.

Seriously, there was nothing more enjoyable in past Maddens for me (and many others) then to import draft classes from NCAA and have these real rookies enter the NFL. At the end of my first season in Madden 12, Andrew Luck went #1 overall. Matt Kalil went #2 overall. Quinton Coples went #3 overall. It was awesome.
This year, I'd want to play a Madden franchise where Matt Barkley goes #1 overall. Maybe Barkavious Mingo goes #2 overall. Then maybe Mantei Teo goes #3.

Nope. Instead I get a white WR named Treon Martin going #1 overall. A TE who is the son of a former fake NFL legend going #2 overall. And a HB named Xavier Waters (who fake USC coach Devin Gilberry says is the best player he's ever seen) going #3 overall.

No thank you. I'll stick with Madden 12 for another year I guess.
Don't bother man haha they don't care about the details. What they care about is the white WR named Treon with 96 SPD and 83 CTH rating they can draft with the #1 ovr pick they screwed over a team that actually needed it but who cares? the cpu will end up drafting a punter in the first round anyway. These people don't want the NFL, they want John Madden football 2013 the video game.

# 128 SuperNoVa27 @ 08/19/12 02:45 PM
I don't really see the problem here. Tony Romo is a very consistent QB and adding a 3rd wide out for him to toss to could put the Cowboys back in the playoffs.

Who were the Dolphins supposed to draft at number 2? It's obvious they believe in Ryan Tannehill and their O-Line is pretty young for the most part. Kellen Winslow 3.0 is a good pick for them in my opinion. Who is to say they won't improve through the off-season?

A LT went number 5.

I think Azure drafted a TE himself so that must say something about their levels of talent they come in with.

Chargers picked a Cornerback, which they are in dire need of with Jammer being so old.

Xavier Waters is a smart pick for the Bills, C.J Spiller isn't a guarantee for 16 games and Fred Jackson probably retired. Drafting a second running-back is always a good thing. Just look at the success of the Panthers rushing attack. Will the CPU utilize a duel-headed attack correctly? Maybe, maybe not. The logic however, is fine.

Redskins got a FS which they need. They lost Atogwe and LaRon Landry but gained Brandon Merriweather who is playing opposite of the FS position.

Zach Richmond dropping to number 20. He may not be a fit for some of these teams schemes, he may be a bust, he may have a low durability rating, there a too many variables to complain about the number one player dropping to 20. He could be the next JaMarcus Russel for all we know and teams knew that.

# 129 packerbacker12 @ 08/19/12 03:00 PM
White Treon goes number one and the Vikings use their first pick on a QB two years after drafting Ponder. Hmm.

# 130 TajDeni @ 08/19/12 03:10 PM
i gotta say that im on the side of the ppl who dont trust the cpu draft logic. i know alot has been made about the WR & TE going 1-2, but i saw some other things that bother me.

the most obvious........

so nobody had a problem with the Vikings drafting a QB in the 1st round?

it would never ever happen at this point in Ponder's development. i dont wanna hear from ppl that it could happen because it wouldnt happen. not with the 1st round pick of a guy that supposedly according to Stink was the obvious choice to go number 1.

dont try to say he fell into their lap because it just wouldnt happen. Guys like Ponder, Locker, and Tannehill will be given every reasonable chance to succeed in the NFL; and that means drafting them more weapons not drafting their replacement or competition with a 1st round pick.

so overall i think it seems well implimented, but i really think the lack of 32 team control is gonna hurt in the end. i just dont trust the cpu.

edit: i didnt see the above post, but obviously i agree.

i give you the perfect example, irl if the Dolphins have the worst record in the NFL this yr and Matt Barkley wins the Heisman, how many ppl think the dolphins would draft Barkley #1 overall. But on Madden that seems highly likely and it also seems that a significant amount of folks wouldnt see this as a major flaw in the draft logic.

# 131 CWood2 @ 08/19/12 03:26 PM
They nearly lost me when import draft class was left out ... and then I saw this video. Really, really immersive and so much better from a gameplay standpoint. I'll miss drafting Justin Hunter and co. ... but still. This is quite good.

# 132 JimmyT85 @ 08/19/12 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TajDeni
i gotta say that im on the side of the ppl who dont trust the cpu draft logic. i know alot has been made about the WR & TE going 1-2, but i saw some other things that bother me.

the most obvious........

so nobody had a problem with the Vikings drafting a QB in the 1st round?

it would never ever happen at this point in Ponder's development. i dont wanna hear from ppl that it could happen because it wouldnt happen. not with the 1st round pick of a guy that supposedly according to Stink was the obvious choice to go number 1.

dont try to say he fell into their lap because it just wouldnt happen. Guys like Ponder, Locker, and Tannehill will be given every reasonable chance to succeed in the NFL; and that means drafting them more weapons not drafting their replacement or competition with a 1st round pick.

so overall i think it seems well implimented, but i really think the lack of 32 team control is gonna hurt in the end. i just dont trust the cpu.

edit: i didnt see the above post, but obviously i agree.

i give you the perfect example, irl if the Dolphins have the worst record in the NFL this yr and Matt Barkley wins the Heisman, how many ppl think the dolphins would draft Barkley #1 overall. But on Madden that seems highly likely and it also seems that a significant amount of folks wouldnt see this as a major flaw in the draft logic.
Ponder might have had a career-ending injury for all we know?

I'm not defending anything, all I mean is, we don't know what has happened in that league, so we cannot possibly even begin to try and pull things apart on something we know very little about.

# 133 Brandwin @ 08/19/12 03:45 PM
People are really complaining not just about a receiver going first overall, but he is white and named Treon. Wow!

# 134 TajDeni @ 08/19/12 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyT85
Ponder might have had a career-ending injury for all we know?

I'm not defending anything, all I mean is, we don't know what has happened in that league, so we cannot possibly even begin to try and pull things apart on something we know very little about.
fair enough statement and ill concede that point, but what will/would the response be if Ponder is not hurt and if this type of thing happens in the very 1st offseason?

edit: i would hope that the tweeting would handle something this important as the Vikings being on the clock and Ponder being seriously hurt. i mean wouldnt the tweeting be trivial if it didnt handle something as newsworthy as a season or career ending injury. but again ill concede the point for now.

# 135 DaBlackGoku @ 08/19/12 03:49 PM
All this complaint over a white WR named Treon, smdh. I'm pretty sure the CPU doesn't know what color he is, and the generated class is probably randomized in terms of race.

# 136 JimmyT85 @ 08/19/12 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TajDeni
fair enough statement and ill concede that point, but what will/would the response be if Ponder is not hurt and if this type of thing happens in the very 1st offseason?

edit: i would hope that the tweeting would handle something this important as the Vikings being on the clock and Ponder being seriously hurt. i mean wouldnt the tweeting be trivial if it didnt handle something as newsworthy as a season or career ending injury. but again ill concede the point for now.
I would like to have thought the tweeting would cover that too.

I'm not going to panic just yet. I'll reserve any panicking/hesitations until I've played myself.

We must remember, these guys are testing this right now, so anything odd they see will be reported, then possibly fixed with a patch etc

# 137 illwill10 @ 08/19/12 04:11 PM
Even though I am the type to build right through the draft opposed to FA, I get OL straight through FA. I dont know why, but I dont like drafting OL.

I cant wait to get this game in get into CCM. I plan on getting players that "fit" my scheme.

# 138 outtamyway24 @ 08/19/12 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNoVa27
Zach Richmond dropping to number 20. He may not be a fit for some of these teams schemes, he may be a bust, he may have a low durability rating, there a too many variables to complain about the number one player dropping to 20. He could be the next JaMarcus Russel for all we know and teams knew that.
The issue I have with this whole thing was if 19 other teams knew he was a bust, why was Schlereth so clear that he was the obvious first overall pick. IF there was a possibility that 19 teams considered him a bust, Schlereth should have said "Richmond has the ability to be 1st overall, but we'll see." Again, this may or may not have been intentional by EA. Perhaps they purposely made the "experts" get some stuff wrong, maybe they didn't. We don't really know, but what we do know is it's odd, to say the least, that the obvious first overall pick went 20th. Odd, not necessarily broken.

# 139 illwill10 @ 08/19/12 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Plz tell me you can fast forward picks. I would have no desire to sit through that after round 3-4. So slow.
Yes you can.

# 140 JimmyT85 @ 08/19/12 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outtamyway24
The issue I have with this whole thing was if 19 other teams knew he was a bust, why was Schlereth so clear that he was the obvious first overall pick. IF there was a possibility that 19 teams considered him a bust, Schlereth should have said "Richmond has the ability to be 1st overall, but we'll see." Again, this may or may not have been intentional by EA. Perhaps they purposely made the "experts" get some stuff wrong, maybe they didn't. We don't really know, but what we do know is it's odd, to say the least, that the obvious first overall pick went 20th. Odd, not necessarily broken.
I honestly think it was intentional. It was one guys analysis. If it was all the "experts" saying he was the obvious #1 choice, I think then we can say it's truly broken. These analyst people do get things wrong, they're not 100% right, 100% of the time.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.