Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Randyfnrocks @ 08/19/12 12:39 PM
Im pretty new here I've been reading these forums for about the past month or so but I had to make an account to comment on this. It looks way too easy to trade up with CPU teams. I mean I admit it's hard to tell without knowing what those teams traded but just looking at the trade with the packers where he only gave up mark Ingram and a 3rd and a 5th didn't seem like enough to get the 11th pick he didn't even give up his 1st. Also how did the Ravens get 3 top 5 picks they had the 1st 2nd 5th and 15th picks. It's just that user teams traded up about 10 times in that draft so it doesn't seem like it would be fair online unless you're in a 32 team league

# 102 splff3000 @ 08/19/12 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyfnrocks
Im pretty new here I've been reading these forums for about the past month or so but I had to make an account to comment on this. It looks way too easy to trade up with CPU teams. I mean I admit it's hard to tell without knowing what those teams traded but just looking at the trade with the packers where he only gave up mark Ingram and a 3rd and a 5th didn't seem like enough to get the 11th pick he didn't even give up his 1st. Also how did the Ravens get 3 top 5 picks they had the 1st 2nd 5th and 15th picks. It's just that user teams traded up about 10 times in that draft so it doesn't seem like it would be fair online unless you're in a 32 team league
It's always been easy to trade to with the cpu. That's why our league doesn't allow user/cpu trades.

# 103 bucknut88 @ 08/19/12 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyfnrocks
I agree it wasn't completely fair. But Ingram is still just 23 has a LOT of upside. People forget how good he can be because he's in a weird system where they really don't run the ball much. Maybe he's a bust. But I think he still has solid potential. And I'm assuming the game takes that into consideration as well.

# 104 moneal2001 @ 08/19/12 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut88
I agree it wasn't completely fair. But Ingram is still just 23 has a LOT of upside. People forget how good he can be because he's in a weird system where they really don't run the ball much. Maybe he's a bust. But I think he still has solid potential. And I'm assuming the game takes that into consideration as well.
and we dont know how he was rated by the packers. based on their system he could be a 80 or even higher ovr. they usually like more workhorse type backs, and he fits that mold pretty well.

# 105 gzenius @ 08/19/12 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Sick video!!!

LMAO at you people complaining about the picks. You have absolutely no idea of the context of this draft. Hell, this could be year 20 of CCM for all you know. You have no idea about anything regarding the season/seasons before this. You people are tripping. One guy said that a WR has only been taken first overall twice in NFL history, yet you people are still saying it's unrealistic. How is it unrealistic and it's happened already?!!! Twice!!!

I have a quick story for yall. In my OF last year, in one draft, we had a WR go #1 overall and in that same draft a TE went 3rd overall. Both were drafted by humans to fill team needs. The WR going #1 overall was kinda controversial to us, not because it was a WR, but because their seemed to be better WR's out there, but no one questioned the TE pick. He was a beast with like 91 spd and good receiving ratings. I think he was like a 86 overall or something when he came out.

That could be the case here. Both of these players could be straight up beasts, but you guys don't know that. You don't know anything. What you guys are doing is akin to judging a talent show by just looking at the contestants and not the acts themselves. Chill out!! This looks awesome. Let's just be happy that it looks like EA did something right for a change.
yall be comin up with all these crazy scenarios to try to justify the hsit.. it says 2012 offseason in the right corner

and of course in a human controlled league nobody questioned the pick.. height and spd at wr/te is the most valued thing to users but the cpu doesnt use those targets like users do.. and real teams dont value players like that.. if there was a 6'8 95 spd te 60ovr he'd be a #1 pick to users

its just in 2/3 drafts (and in one the top 3-4 picks were user controlled so really cpu drafting 2/2) we've seen, a te has gone #2 and wr and cb #1.. wr 1 has been takin 1st overall in the last 40 years or somethin and that was like 20 years ago.. a cb has never been takin #1..

nothin to do with madden but somebody did make a good point about rookie salary cap opening up the top 5 for any position and thats actually a good point i could see it happenin soon..

# 106 gzenius @ 08/19/12 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
and we dont know how he was rated by the packers. based on their system he could be a 80 or even higher ovr. they usually like more workhorse type backs, and he fits that mold pretty well.
in the trade screen it said ingram was a 1-cut rb and the manual says gb looks for a balanced rb.. but the manual says gb is a west coast offense and i might be wrong but i think ingram has good catch so maybe that factors more into his overall..

ingram is still young tho and gb doesnt really have a #1 rb.. its hard to determine value for players for high picks because we rarely see it happen

# 107 fireworkfan @ 08/19/12 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outtamyway24
Literally just watched this video before coming here. I like how they give the picks personality. It finally feels like a real draft, not just about the stats. Some oddities though are WR going 1st overall, TE going second. Plus Mark Schlereth's tweet saying "Pretty obvious Z. Richmond will be going first overall." yet he gets drafted 20th Overall to Minnesota. Nonetheless, I like what I see.
agreed I like what I see too

# 108 Humdinger80 @ 08/19/12 01:41 PM
So you mean to tell me the defenders in here would gamble their teams future on a a white dude named "Treon" at WR? And your 2nd overall pick should he not be picked before the 2nd coming of...Wes Welker, would be a TE!?! Not a protector of your franchise QB at LT? Or a pass rushing gamechanger DE? Shutdown CB? No. A TE. Ok then, all I know is NFL teams would never let your dumb a$$es anywhere near their board on draft day.

# 109 Humdinger80 @ 08/19/12 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
If I saw a white dude named Treon I would trade my entire next season's draft for him.
hahaha I actually lol'ed at that, thanks.

# 110 trevdawg0909 @ 08/19/12 01:52 PM
It looks cool, but with what I see as a major problem: the commentary keeps referring to FAKE NFL players!!!
In the video, Miami drafted TE - Marion Marks #2 overall and Trey Wingo said "Do any of you remember former NFL player Azriel Marks? If not you should. Marion Marks is his son." There never was a player named Azriel Marks in the NFL.
A few picks later, an OG named Kendrick Rose is drafted and Wingo says "Kendrick is the cousin of current NFL safety Keyon Rose." Well if you're playing a franchise, you'd be playing it with the real NFL players in the game. It's ridiculous to have the commentator refer to a made up player who's not even in the game as a "current NFL safety." The other issue with this is that the photo used for Kendrick Rose is of a white player. Not to be prejudiced or anything but wouldn't Kendrick and Keyon be most likely names of black players and not white?
On that same note, the #1 overall pick was Treon Martin - WR. (also shown as a white dude.) Names aside, how realistic is it that a white WR would be the #1 overall pick? Just saying....

Now a lot of you may think these are stupid complaints and that it shouldn't detract from the overall game at all. But the point is that EA has always touted their Madden franchise as realistic and their motto was "IF IT'S IN THE GAME, IT'S IN THE GAME!" Well all this fake stuff just doesn't cut it for me. I don't want to play a game where the commentator refers to players who aren't even in the league and never existed. It detracts from the overall experience. I'm not alone here.
If EA wants to put this fake stuff in there for the casual audience, fine. But at least leave the option for the rest of us to keep things a bit more realistic. Or at the very least, allow us to edit the players ourselves if we want and the only reason they took that option out of the game is so that they could add in this superficial connected careers mode that allowed commentators to talk about players.

Seriously, there was nothing more enjoyable in past Maddens for me (and many others) then to import draft classes from NCAA and have these real rookies enter the NFL. At the end of my first season in Madden 12, Andrew Luck went #1 overall. Matt Kalil went #2 overall. Quinton Coples went #3 overall. It was awesome.
This year, I'd want to play a Madden franchise where Matt Barkley goes #1 overall. Maybe Barkavious Mingo goes #2 overall. Then maybe Mantei Teo goes #3.

Nope. Instead I get a white WR named Treon Martin going #1 overall. A TE who is the son of a former fake NFL legend going #2 overall. And a HB named Xavier Waters (who fake USC coach Devin Gilberry says is the best player he's ever seen) going #3 overall.

No thank you. I'll stick with Madden 12 for another year I guess.

# 111 DaBlackGoku @ 08/19/12 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdinger80
So you mean to tell me the defenders in here would gamble their teams future on a a white dude named "Treon" at WR? And your 2nd overall pick should he not be picked before the 2nd coming of...Wes Welker, would be a TE!?! Not a protector of your franchise QB at LT? Or a pass rushing gamechanger DE? Shutdown CB? No. A TE. Ok then, all I know is NFL teams would never let your dumb a$$es anywhere near their board on draft day.
Well, the Dolphins JUST drafted a QB in the top 10 (Ryan Tannehill) and they already have one of the best LT in the NFL (Jake Long). They just so happened to have the 2nd overall pick, and since they probably didn't get any real trade offers, they decided to get what they NEEDED. Where's the problem in that? Remember dude, it's still a game, in real life someone would have taken the 2nd pick from the Dolphins....but this isn't real life is it?

# 112 DaBlackGoku @ 08/19/12 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevdawg0909
It looks cool, but with what I see as a major problem: the commentary keeps referring to FAKE NFL players!!!
In the video, Miami drafted TE - Marion Marks #2 overall and Trey Wingo said "Do any of you remember former NFL player Azriel Marks? If not you should. Marion Marks is his son." There never was a player named Azriel Marks in the NFL.
A few picks later, an OG named Kendrick Rose is drafted and Wingo says "Kendrick is the cousin of current NFL safety Keyon Rose." Well if you're playing a franchise, you'd be playing it with the real NFL players in the game. It's ridiculous to have the commentator refer to a made up player who's not even in the game as a "current NFL safety." The other issue with this is that the photo used for Kendrick Rose is of a white player. Not to be prejudiced or anything but wouldn't Kendrick and Keyon be most likely names of black players and not white?
On that same note, the #1 overall pick was Treon Martin - WR. (also shown as a white dude.) Names aside, how realistic is it that a white WR would be the #1 overall pick? Just saying....

Now a lot of you may think these are stupid complaints and that it shouldn't detract from the overall game at all. But the point is that EA has always touted their Madden franchise as realistic and their motto was "IF IT'S IN THE GAME, IT'S IN THE GAME!" Well all this fake stuff just doesn't cut it for me. I don't want to play a game where the commentator refers to players who aren't even in the league and never existed. It detracts from the overall experience. I'm not alone here.
If EA wants to put this fake stuff in there for the casual audience, fine. But at least leave the option for the rest of us to keep things a bit more realistic. Or at the very least, allow us to edit the players ourselves if we want and the only reason they took that option out of the game is so that they could add in this superficial connected careers mode that allowed commentators to talk about players.

Seriously, there was nothing more enjoyable in past Maddens for me (and many others) then to import draft classes from NCAA and have these real rookies enter the NFL. At the end of my first season in Madden 12, Andrew Luck went #1 overall. Matt Kalil went #2 overall. Quinton Coples went #3 overall. It was awesome.
This year, I'd want to play a Madden franchise where Matt Barkley goes #1 overall. Maybe Barkavious Mingo goes #2 overall. Then maybe Mantei Teo goes #3.

Nope. Instead I get a white WR named Treon Martin going #1 overall. A TE who is the son of a former fake NFL legend going #2 overall. And a HB named Xavier Waters (who fake USC coach Devin Gilberry says is the best player he's ever seen) going #3 overall.

No thank you. I'll stick with Madden 12 for another year I guess.
You're right, these ARE stupid complaints. You wanna play Madden 12 with that broken import draft class? Be my guest. All you're really doing is beating a dead horse right now. Smdh.....

# 113 Bigmac612 @ 08/19/12 01:57 PM
This kinda reminds me of last yr..when everybody was soo pumped for cut days, generated "nobodies" thats tryin to make your team, expanded rosters etc....then game comes out and after bout yr 2 of your franchise...you see how everything is truly screwed up..and all the people who were praising and defended EA for those additions just based off videos n here say...where the first ones coming for their heads and crying about a patch lolll

Im fairly optimistic that everything is polished this year..especially with the omission of editing...but plz dont get mad at ppl who are not impressed or criticizing...EA has set up us for the "okie doke" time and time again...some has just refused to be fooled this time around...
╮( ╯_╰ )╭

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

# 114 Chrisksaint @ 08/19/12 01:57 PM
Quote:
If he's the best rated player on your board, who cares where you pick him. Also when it comes to Madden, i'd easily pick a TE/WR over an OT/DE.

No good teams at least in the NFL are going to shy away from a player because you're supposedly not supposed to draft that position that high

# 115 jfsolo @ 08/19/12 02:00 PM
I don't doubt that the Draft A.I. needs work, it always needs work in every sports game every year. If that team has a need for a superstar player at that position then it doesn't bother me if the CPU picks that player.

I know that most people want the game to mimic NFL conventional wisdom/dogma that says that position X can't be drafted here, so they must trade down get some more picks, and pay that player less money.

I don't mind if the game eschews that line of thinking and has other players besides QB's, DE's, and LT's go number one.

Even though the CPU teams don't actually "know" it, it's probably better for them to just take the player who they really, really want no matter what their pick is. Since the other CPU teams aren't going to be following the traditional NFL blueprint, any player may be taken at any time. I bet Users are going to be losing out on players they really want over and over again because they will keep expecting the CPU to behave like NFL zombies.

# 116 bucknut88 @ 08/19/12 02:02 PM
Quote:
You realize this is a video game right? Does it matter if the guy is white in a video game? Maybe he has better ratings than every other receiver....I don't know....just maybe....lol

And as somebody already said, the Dolphins don't need a LT or QB. You know what they do need? Weapons for Tannehill. Looks to me like they added one in that draft...

# 117 Bigmac612 @ 08/19/12 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut88
You realize this is a video game right? Does it matter if the guy is white in a video game? Maybe he has better ratings than every other receiver....I don't know....just maybe....lol

And as somebody already said, the Dolphins don't need a LT or QB. You know what they do need? Weapons for Tannehill. Looks to me like they added one in that draft...
The problem is you will prob wont find a white guy named "Treon"...thats all

# 118 Instant C1a55ic @ 08/19/12 02:05 PM
Broncos took a DT at #19...FINALLY!!

# 119 bucknut88 @ 08/19/12 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmac612
The problem is you will prob wont find a white guy named "Treon"...thats all

Probably not. But crazier things have happened.

# 120 JimmyT85 @ 08/19/12 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I don't doubt that the Draft A.I. needs work, it always needs work in every sports game every year. If that team has a need for a superstar player at that position then it doesn't bother me if the CPU picks that player.

I know that most people want the game to mimic NFL conventional wisdom/dogma that says that position X can't be drafted here, so they must trade down get some more picks, and pay that player less money.

I don't mind if the game eschews that line of thinking and has other players besides QB's, DE's, and LT's go number one.

Even though the CPU teams don't actually "know" it, it's probably better for them to just take the player who they really, really want no matter what their pick is. Since the other CPU teams aren't going to be following the traditional NFL blueprint, any player may be taken at any time. I bet Users are going to be losing out on players they really want over and over again because they will keep expecting the CPU to behave like NFL zombies.
I think that's a good thing. In the real world draft nowadays, no-one can truly predict what is going to happen. Look at this years draft. Washington taking Cousins when there was seemingly no need and the Jags taking Anger so early. I don't feel it's such a bad thing. It means we have to be smarter with our scouting and drafting.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.