Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 noshun @ 08/20/12 11:01 PM
Just for you wg1.
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/7548/pitriley.gif

gif too big to upload here.

viewing vid...thanks

# 2 wrestlinggod1 @ 08/20/12 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
Oh yeah... figured i get in on this gif nonsense.. viewing vid now.
Can you like, edit that out before you get my thread closed? Kthx.

# 3 youALREADYknow @ 08/20/12 11:26 PM
Contested Shot Sliders = GREAT news.

2K12 still isn't the same after they destroyed contested 3PT shooting offline in response to a very simple problem in online games. Now practically every contest on a 3PT shot results in an airball.

# 4 blues rocker @ 08/20/12 11:52 PM
contested shot sliders! excellent. i have been asking for these for a while now - glad they finally added them. this will change the game for me. no longer will i have to rely on the game to determine what is a "good shot."

# 5 mymannemcee @ 08/20/12 11:55 PM
Contested shot sliders seem cool. Maybe we can choose the defense we would like in unranked matches like how we choose Default or Sim.

And I'm very happy they made the P&R system better. 2K12's P&R was trash.

# 6 mymannemcee @ 08/20/12 11:56 PM
Contested shot sliders seem cool. Maybe we can choose the defense we would like in unranked matches like how we choose Default or Sim.

And I'm very happy they made the P&R system better. 2K12's P&R was trash.

# 7 rspencer86 @ 08/21/12 12:01 AM
This is why I love 2K. They continue to add more sliders (and they actually work!) to fine tune the game to our liking. I'll just say that this philosophy isn't embraced by all other sports videogame developers.

# 8 Eman5805 @ 08/21/12 12:15 AM
Some good pieces of info in that. I REALLY like being able to follow shots. I hope this means we'll see long rebounds on 3pters. Very unrealistic how all long shots are short boards when they're dead breaks. If it rattles a bit, sure, But clanging off the back iron and floating in the air a bit? Not how things roll.

Being able to body up on players the moment they catch the rock? That's gonna be REAL nice when going against players you want to keep from shooting 3s. Allows you more on ball options and adds extra incentive to play on ball D.

# 9 illwill10 @ 08/21/12 12:47 AM
I cant wait to try out the new PNR. With the way how he said Perkins set picks, I will want to have a big man with the Brick Wall skill.

Glad to see more Sliders and smarter AI.

# 10 MR Anderson310 @ 08/21/12 02:39 AM
nice to hear more good news about 2k13 ..its funny tho all these good things that we are hearing about the game ...it makes the 2k12 thats playing in the back ground look that much more worst ... i cant even play 2k12 anymore ...

# 11 Khaos_Kiwi @ 08/21/12 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR Anderson310
nice to hear more good news about 2k13 ..its funny tho all these good things that we are hearing about the game ...it makes the 2k12 thats playing in the back ground look that much more worst ... i cant even play 2k12 anymore ...
Hahaha I'm starting to feel that way too. I just hope they allow us to use these sliders in My Player.

# 12 LeBronJames6 @ 08/21/12 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos_Kiwi
Hahaha I'm starting to feel that way too. I just hope they allow us to use these sliders in My Player.
Totally agree! The game play in my player was the worst and they didn't allow us to adjust it. In my player no matter what difficulty you play it on, the CPU doesn't miss any open looks. Can't stand that! The up and unders they do? Don't even get me started in that. Game sliders in my player will be genius! Good call. Hopefully this time sliders are available in my player too.

# 13 2_headedmonster @ 08/21/12 11:44 AM
"Kevin Garnett is going to have the illegal screen ability"

# 14 vannwolfhawk @ 08/21/12 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
"three new sliders". LOL. Let's be serious. The sliders they already have don't work like they should. All you need to do is go to the sliders forum in 2K to see some dedicated guys there ADMITTING that this slider doesn't work right, or that there is confusion as to what that slider is supposed to do. The biggest issue that isn't being addressed (probably for good reason) is the AI's ability to run plays. I don't think the guy who did this video even talked about it. He did say that the AI doesn't wait until the last second to throw up a shot like last year's version, but he wasn't correct in his statement. The issue with last year's (and every year before that, and probably this year, too) was that the AI DOESN'T RUN PLAYS, so all you have to do is constantly switch your defender to the AI player with the ball, and there won't be a shot attempt (until the last second). It wasn't that the AI was "trying" to shoot the ball at the last second, it was that it couldn't "find" a shot (because it doesn't run plays to create a shot) until the last second when it threw up a prayer. That's not realistic. In real life, offense doesn't work like that. You run plays to SET UP a shot. You don't just stand there and pass it around the perimeter (or even a little in and out) to play keep away. In watching this video I also notice that the animation of a player posting up isn't very good. It's like the player pivots on a dime, from facing his basket to facing the opposite one. What is up with the excitement over the ability to "follow your own shot"? Following your own shot is just something you try (if you're not lazy or completely out of shape) in real life in basketball. Getting hyped over such a "feature"is silly. It is like saying "now you have the ability to just run the other way up the court instead of fighting for the rebound." In other words, why a basketball game NOT allow someone to follow their own shot?
There are 2 big things as I have stated before that will eliminate these issues this year.

1- the CPU now has an option b,c,d, and e if option a is not open or available. That was lacking last year except for the few option plays that we're within the game.

2- AI now has ability to read how it is being played on and off ball meaning if you are taking away something they will take what you are giving them.

# 15 kmiree16 @ 08/21/12 12:30 PM
Good video. I am kind of shocked that the devs don't think shot clock cheese exists though lol. But with that said, I still have a few questions about A.I. as it relates to running plays:

• When running plays that require an off ball screen to be set do big men still stand there in the "set screen stance" if the guy he was supposed to be screening is already past him?

• Also with screening, sometimes guys won't set screens in the right place when running plays that require an off ball screen to be set (A prime example of this is SAS Triple Curl; The initial screen never connects because the screener sets the screen where the guy is standing when the play initiates rather than where the play calls for the screen to be set).

And new sliders are cool. I just hope we get sliders in My Player.

# 16 vannwolfhawk @ 08/21/12 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmiree16
Good video. I am kind of shocked that the devs don't think shot clock cheese exists though lol. But with that said, I still have a few questions about A.I. as it relates to running plays:

• When running plays that require an off ball screen to be set do big men still stand there in the "set screen stance" if the guy he was supposed to be screening is already past him?

• Also with screening, sometimes guys won't set screens in the right place when running plays that require an off ball screen to be set (A prime example of this is SAS Triple Curl; The initial screen never connects because the screener sets the screen where the guy is standing when the play initiates rather than where the play calls for the screen to be set).

And new sliders are cool. I just hope we get sliders in My Player.
Great questions! Pet peaves of mine as well from 12!

# 17 Mintsa @ 08/21/12 12:46 PM
vanwolfhawk....

Did you guys only play 360 builds of 2k13 ??

Any ps3 ?

# 18 vannwolfhawk @ 08/21/12 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
vanwolfhawk....

Did you guys only play 360 builds of 2k13 ??

Any ps3 ?
Yes just the 360

# 19 Chris Smoove @ 08/21/12 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
"Kevin Garnett is going to have the illegal screen ability"
that was just a joke lol

# 20 magicman32 @ 08/21/12 04:22 PM
Sounds lovely!!!! Good commentary

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.