Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 2k10Fonzarelli @ 08/21/12 09:21 AM
new to me, the guy playing seems pretty apt at 2k. You can tell when he gets the Turnover with LeBron that having r-stick as dribble is strange at first as he crosses over instead of finishing.

Thanks

# 2 Dfita @ 08/21/12 09:25 AM
This is probably the best gameplay video i have seen.
I wish the people playing them would try out the new features though.

# 3 Vni @ 08/21/12 09:26 AM
New gameplay to me too. Best quality so far.

LBJ does a wierd teleportation move at 0.43

I don't wana sound like I'am only pointing negatives, the gameplay looks pretty good, but isn't the AI magically recovering and using full speed burst at 1.28 to stay on Battier after the pumpfake?

# 4 2k10Fonzarelli @ 08/21/12 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni

I don't wana sound like I'am only pointing negatives, the gameplay looks pretty good, but isn't the AI magically recovering and using full speed burst at 1.28 to stay on Battier after the pumpfake?

When a game could be this good, and looks as close to a real nba game as we've seen so far its hard to NOT notice things like LeBron at :43.
I think this is a result of a physics miscalculation( of which i expect there to be quite a few for 2k's first foray into Real time Physics).

The defense you pointed out at 1:28 seemed mostly legit to me, Ibaka is not off balance when he steps up to Battier and if you freeze it when Ibaka puts his right hand up you can see Ibakas foot planted in such a manner that he expects/is forcing Bats to the baseline. The step he takes is very quick however, but its not really quicker than in 2k12 holding LT and flicking the R-stick for a cut off gamble move. Perhaps this time the AI just 'guessed' correctly.

What do you think after seeing it a second or third time?

EDIT: i did want to expand on my RTP comment and why i expect to see some odd flubs here and there.
Simple really, the only RTP based sports game to get RTP right on its very first attempt was made by a company who built the game around a RTP engine(NaturalMotion's Euphoria engine on BackBreaker Football, shoutouts to the UK for that). Fifa 11 had hilarious videos, NBA Elite had embarassing videos, even NHL 11 or 12(whichever did it first) had some interesting reactions to hipchecks when it was first released.

But all of the aforementioned were patched quite well with the obvious exception. So im not really worried.

EDIT 2: just prior to 1:28 when lebron is sizing up, watch the off ball movement. Gorgeous!

# 5 Vni @ 08/21/12 09:55 AM
Not really sure. Battier doesn't explode at all so he might be quite slow in the game wich is good. I still think durant's first side step is a little fast but it's definately not as wierd as I thought it was at first look.

Btw keep in mind it's not RTP in nba 2K13. Some gaming journalist have made the mistake of saying it was but it's been confirmed it's not.

# 6 jayman504 @ 08/21/12 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni

Yeah I seen that too....hopefully just an early build glitch that wont be in the retail version

# 7 iLLosophy @ 08/21/12 10:06 AM
I know it's the camera it was recorded with, but Shane Battier looks like the alien that got awakened out of his sleeping chamber in Prometheus lol

# 8 strobox88 @ 08/21/12 10:09 AM
lol @ 0:43.

Is it me or do the player models look fat as hell. Look at LeBron's calves and notice his height at 1:00.

Hopefully in 2k14, they'll change their player models to make them more authentic. Every other aspect seems to be getting there except for this.

# 9 JerzeyReign @ 08/21/12 10:09 AM
@2k10Fonz -- 2k13 doesn't have RTP. They have something that helps identify what animations should play out in certain contact situations. Hopefully, LD2K will come gif and confirm in this thread.

# 10 Goffs @ 08/21/12 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
I know it's the camera it was recorded with, but Shane Battier looks like the alien that got awakened out of his sleeping chamber in Prometheus lol
They really need to update him....

# 11 jayman504 @ 08/21/12 10:41 AM
Quote:
ROTFLMAO....

# 12 jayman504 @ 08/21/12 10:44 AM
Quote:
BTW love the profile pic.....he wont be floppin after that hit..

# 13 Vni @ 08/21/12 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strobox88
lol @ 0:43.

Is it me or do the player models look fat as hell. Look at LeBron's calves and notice his height at 1:00.
Everything is 'flattened' (if that word make sense) because of the recording.

# 14 Kaanyr Vhok @ 08/21/12 11:16 AM
Ewww didnt like that out of momentum catch by Durant. Besides that es cool

# 15 LD2k @ 08/21/12 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
@2k10Fonz -- 2k13 doesn't have RTP. They have something that helps identify what animations should play out in certain contact situations. Hopefully, LD2K will come gif and confirm in this thread.
Here is a quote from Rob Jones on the matter:

Quote:
A 2K Sports representative clarified that NBA 2K13 doesn't have real-time physics per se. Instead, said Jones, "Our engine takes into consideration where people are hit from, speeds, and size.")

# 16 JerzeyReign @ 08/21/12 11:28 AM
Where is that excerpt from? I'd like to read the entire thing. Just want to make sure I'm keeping up on everything. Stalking your Twitter can only do so much -- btw, I tempted to grab 2k13 for my 360 this year just to drag your Lakers with my Sixers

# 17 Eman5805 @ 08/21/12 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Everything is 'flattened' (if that word make sense) because of the recording.
Yeah, the aspect ratio looks a bit off.

# 18 PartyBoiRD @ 08/21/12 12:02 PM
Looks pretty fluid and honestly the best video quality I've seen thus far:

# 19 Norris_Cole @ 08/21/12 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k10Fonzarelli
I think this is a result of a physics miscalculation( of which i expect there to be quite a few for 2k's first foray into Real time Physics).
The game isn't using real time physics, it was confirmed by the dev team

# 20 Jakeness23 @ 08/21/12 12:56 PM
Anyone else notice Bosh travel at 1:25? It may be something that can't be fixed, but it has always bugged me, when they go to dribble, take a step, don't actually take the dribble and pass. Same thing happens when you go for a layup, dunk, or jumpshot, the ball magically morphs back to your hand, even if you are mid-dribble.

I'd like to seem them actually finish the dribble, then go up for the shot. It looks particularly bad on dunks, when it looks like the just shoot up into the air with no gather step at all.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.