Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

NBA 2K13 Signature Skills for Derrick Rose: Closer, Acrobat, Floor General, Shot Creator and Ankle Breaker.

NBA 2K13 Signature Skills for Blake Griffin: Highlight Film, Posterizer and Hustle Points.

NBA 2K13 Signature Skills for Michael Jordan: Shot Creator, Lockdown Defender, Acrobat, Finisher and Closer.

Signature Skills for Kevin Durant were released yesterday.

2K Sports and the NBA 2K13 developers will have an article detailing everything you need to know about Signature Skills tomorrow.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 iLLosophy @ 09/01/12 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Ronnie described Floor General to be an attribute that raises the level of ones teammates when that player is on the floor. From that aspect, I agree that Rose should have this.
There's a difference between a player who consciously looks for their players (thus making them better) versus someone who kicks the ball out because of the play he's told to run, or because his scoring options are no longer available due to double teams (e.g Russell Westbrook, or even Dwight Howard).

Rose is somewhere in between the two. We all know he started out as the latter category, but he has gotten better at being more aware of guys on the court. But good enough to be called Floor General? I dunno....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBreezeNY
Closer?
HOWEVER - I can say without a doubt he does deserve the closer attribute. The Man is definitely Clutch.

2010-2011 season clutch stats by 82 games:
http://www.82games.com/1011/CSORT11.HTM

# 22 mlp111 @ 09/01/12 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Meh, don't really agree with that. As evidenced by last season, the team played pretty much as well with him off the court as they did with him on the court. And truth be told, they move the ball better and play more team ball when he's out than when he's in. He doesn't have the impact on his teammates that a guy like CP3 or Nash does.
totally disagree, rose present in playoffs bulls were tough, he made the team better and their players looked up to him, he got injured, the roster fell apart, they look and played horrible....

# 23 Scramz718 @ 09/01/12 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Finisher would fit him more than floor general.
Yeah I agree D rose should definitely have the finisher sig skill, but its a toss up between closer and floor general.

# 24 sa1nts @ 09/01/12 03:15 PM
wow, D Rose's signature skills and overall are awesome ) i'm happy ) i can't wait, i want to play NBA 2K13 ))

# 25 Hassan Darkside @ 09/01/12 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
totally disagree, rose present in playoffs bulls were tough, he made the team better and their players looked up to him, he got injured, the roster fell apart, they look and played horrible....
Noah going down had a bigger impact on the team falling apart in the playoffs than Rose's injury.

# 26 iLLosophy @ 09/01/12 03:23 PM
Quote:
Noah going down had a bigger impact on the team falling apart in the playoffs than Rose's injury.
lol maybe Noah should get the Floor General special ability

# 27 Hassan Darkside @ 09/01/12 03:26 PM
^^He'll probably get the defensive equivalent.

# 28 stillfeelme @ 09/01/12 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111

Rose overall makes them better but you are missing the part that they also lost Noah with the ankle injury. The mental aspect of losing their star made them sort of fall apart. Chicago's main problem is they have very few people on their roster that can create their own shot off the dribble. Rose must be PG and SG but his impact is more on penetrating and attacking, dishing. Even if he misses he causes them your team to collapse and then Noah and the rest end up with easy offensive boards. They still have elite level defense

# 29 yungsta404 @ 09/01/12 03:30 PM
I wouldnt argue about the floor general sig Im sure a bunch of PGs have it who you wouldnt consider exactly a "floor general".

# 30 Scramz718 @ 09/01/12 03:49 PM
D rose is a scoring PG, yeah he makes his teammates better but that doesn't mean he should get the floor general sig skill. Especially when there's a finisher sig skill which makes more sense for him to have. IMO CP3, Rondo, and Nash should be the only ones with it...........maybe Lebron

# 31 Hassan Darkside @ 09/01/12 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoGotti
Plz tell me you're not that dumb....Rose is there everything.
And your point is?

# 32 rockchisler @ 09/01/12 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
the ankle breaker sig sounds wack and cheesy. On a team up member vid (forgot which) he said he got that DJ Augstine ankle breaker animation when he was guarding someone and he didnt even move the joystick.

I believe he was guarding westbrook who has that sig too.
As long as players are not falling every time im cool, maybe if they get caught leaning one way and cant recover quick enough is cool with me.

# 33 JasonMartin @ 09/01/12 04:12 PM
Quote:
Are you joking? Rose does so much for this team, he draws all the attention towards him so players like Korver/Deng/Hamilton are able to get wide open 3's. He makes other players play better or score because there aren't a lot of real scorers on that team who can create their own shot.

Noah doesn't contribute anything besides defense and rebounding, they could have replaced Boozer/Noah with Taj Gibson and Osik and there wouldn't have been any problems at all AS LONG as they had Rose.

# 34 eko718 @ 09/01/12 04:13 PM
Quote:
Meh, don't really agree with that. As evidenced by last season, the team played pretty much as well with him off the court as they did with him on the court. And truth be told, they move the ball better and play more team ball when he's out than when he's in. He doesn't have the impact on his teammates that a guy like CP3 or Nash does.
Maybe, but he was injured last season so it was a bit different. Thier bench did carry them many times I do admit.

# 35 eko718 @ 09/01/12 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
The "but whatever" negates your post.

Someone asked what Rose's Signature Skills were. I saw you post them. I copy/pasted them. Were they supposed to be a secret? Or did you want credit in my post?
No need for credit, but also no need to make it seem as if you posted it originally.

"But whatever" indicates that its not that deep but I noticed what you did and found it comical.

# 36 stillfeelme @ 09/01/12 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminatos
IDK about closer.

He's missed a lot of clutch free throws his career.
I said this in the other thread about Durant. It depends on how you define "clutch" There are a lot players that make late game shots but actually shoot a poor% in the clutch. There are players where their points go up but only because they are shooting the ball more. Their usage rate goes up so they look more clutch but they actually shot worse during "clutch" situations it works both ways.

# 37 eko718 @ 09/01/12 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
There's a difference between a player who consciously looks for their players (thus making them better) versus someone who kicks the ball out because of the play he's told to run, or because his scoring options are no longer available due to double teams (e.g Russell Westbrook, or even Dwight Howard).

Rose is somewhere in between the two. We all know he started out as the latter category, but he has gotten better at being more aware of guys on the court. But good enough to be called Floor General? I dunno....
I am not sure if there is also a Play-maker Sig Skill, or if the Floor General attribute encompasses that. I agree with what you're saying, but it seems what you're describing would be more of a play-maker type thing. Ronnie didn't equate Floor General to having great play-making ability.

We'll find out tomorrow though.

# 38 Po Pimp @ 09/01/12 04:51 PM
Quote:
Get outta here. The Bulls were a much better team with Rose than without. Stop listening to trolls like Skip Bayless who claim Rose isn't a true PG. He took less shots and averaged more assists than his MVP season. Also, the Bulls don't win 60+ games without Rose. As for him not being a closer, I recall him winning quite a few games in the 4th quarter, so miss me with all that talk.

# 39 Po Pimp @ 09/01/12 04:51 PM
Quote:
Hahahahahahaha

# 40 stillfeelme @ 09/01/12 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
I am not sure if there is also a Play-maker Sig Skill, or if the Floor General attribute encompasses that. I agree with what you're saying, but it seems what you're describing would be more of a play-maker type thing. Ronnie didn't equate Floor General to having great play-making ability.

We'll find out tomorrow though.
Quote:
Rob Jones

Other skills include Kendrick Perkins as a brick wall who will floor players with his hard screens, while a lockdown defender like Andre Iguodala will neutralize the brick-wall screen because he will know how to get around it while keeping his hands in the shooter’s face.

“It becomes a matter of not only knowing what a guy’s attributes are, but what he’s good at, and this is a fun way of learning that,” says Jones. “It’s not rock-paper-scissors because not everything has a full counter. Chris Paul is a floor general, so he makes everyone’s awareness on the floor better, and that helps him execute plays quicker.
http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tec...ok-at-nba-2k13

Awareness goes up and players run plays better with a floor general. To me it is like putting in a backup quarterback in football. Your timing is a little bit off with the backup qb with the WR. They are trying to simulate something like that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.