Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

IGN has posted their NBA 2K13 preview discussing some of the new additions to the game, including The Shoe Creator.

Quote:
Visual Concepts spent perhaps the most amount of time during my demo showing me their craziest feature yet: the Shoe Creator. Yes, they've had a basic version of this before, but the ends of the earth they've gone to on this smack of a studio that clearly has no competition to worry about and is free to pursue flights of fancy like this (again, I mean that in a nice way!). 2K13's Shoe Creator is, essentially, the virtual shoe equivalent of Forza Motorsport 4's livery system. Except in that game, you can't click a button when you're done and order the car you just designed, complete with that custom paint job.

Yes, you can build your own kicks using different materials, colors, patterns, and more. Dozens of layers (45 of them, to be exact) let you highlight every detail you like. You can then upload those to the web, where other users can rate them. Want to go a step farther? Get this: the game syncs with the NikeID website and you can actually have your virtual shoe made real and shipped to your door. Perhaps Visual Concepts will let us try out that particular feature next time...

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 mvp kobe @ 09/07/12 11:45 AM
Two brand new aspects of the game are the celebrity team as well as the shoe creator. That’s right, you can take control of a celebrity team which includes Justin Bieber, Bow Wow, Sean Kingston and Jersey Shore stars Vinny and Pauly D. Justin Bieber even did a motion capture session to be incorporated into the game and Pauly D’s blowout never looked better in high definition. Even more impressive was the shoe creator which allows players to customize up to 45 different shoe components and layers to create your own unique shoe and style. Sneaker heads everywhere will be losing their minds with this mode.http://www.dualshockers.com/2012/09/...ore-jigga-man/

# 22 LD2k @ 09/07/12 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by concolt
I'm confused this says 45 kayers but the gamesradar article says up to eight layers, which is correct?

http://www.gamesradar.com/nba-2k13-p...tepping-arena/
It's not eight. 45 sounds about right.

# 23 JasonWilliams55 @ 09/07/12 11:48 AM
Interesting... http://www.dualshockers.com/2012/09/...ore-jigga-man/

Quote:
NBA 2K13 increases the RPG-esque aspects of the game now by incorporating stat modifiers to items that are purchased such as ankle braces, shoes, etc.

# 24 23 @ 09/07/12 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
It's not eight. 45 sounds about right.
Is this backbreaker like or can you not say?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

# 25 The Kid 24 @ 09/07/12 11:56 AM
Will we able to download shoes that other people created?

Cuz one of the previews says you can upload so people can rate them so I would assume we can download them as well?

# 26 mike24forever @ 09/07/12 12:24 PM
Create your own show, sync with NikeID then order your created shoe in the game! This is not good. I am addicted to shoes. This may lead to bankruptcy.

# 27 MarvellousOne @ 09/07/12 01:37 PM
Now 2K is cooking with grease! Definitely got me amped up this year for the game, it's going to be a long 3 weeks! Really liking how the create a shoe feature sounds, this will be amazing. Hoping to hear more in further detail about the association mode also.

# 28 strobox88 @ 09/07/12 03:10 PM
This is a cool feature, but I'm kinda disappointed. Why does the shoe creator need to be so in depth when the create-a-player system is lacking severely. I don't know if they have updated the CAP system, but I'll be disappointed if the shoe creator is more in depth.

# 29 SouthBeach @ 09/07/12 04:09 PM
Pro Wings, here I come.

# 30 wrestlinggod1 @ 09/07/12 04:14 PM
Hopefully we'll be able to create a shoe for each uniform a team has.

# 31 Gatorfan Frank @ 09/07/12 04:19 PM
I wish we could wear created shoes when playing online or in Online Association, but I know it will never happen.

# 32 Mr_Riddick @ 09/07/12 04:51 PM
Man i tell u, all of this info is making my head spin. Lets see what to read first.. Or do i watch tje gamepkay vid. Pretty much i wont be bored at work todau. Im im so giddy right now.

# 33 DamnYanks2 @ 09/07/12 05:01 PM
Every day I get on here, 2K blows my damn mind. And I'm annoyed I have to wait for this game, because they keep amping me up. I hope this shut's up the sneakerhead's, and I mean that in a good way.

# 34 squeakybirnbaum @ 09/07/12 05:20 PM
Hopefully they upped the resolution of the shoes this year to go along with the shoe creator.

# 35 BRxSKINSx @ 09/07/12 05:40 PM
Man, i can't wait to create my own shoe.... I know it's already possible to do this on nike.com ..... but to have it possible in the game is awesome AF....

# 36 MarvinOida @ 09/07/12 05:58 PM
OMG!!! 2K ACTUALLY HAS AN IDEA I HAD, SWEET!!!! Can't wait for like the shoe guys like me posting up like the entire Answer Line or Barkleys shoes or whatever, soo gonna make customization better!!!

# 37 thafablifee46 @ 09/07/12 06:09 PM
I gotta get off of this site ASAP , all this new info is killing me im gonna go hibernate til' October guys ..

# 38 thafablifee46 @ 09/07/12 06:10 PM
And with Jay being all cool and all with Kanye , they should throw the Nike air yeezys in there Just saying Lol

# 39 Slava Medvadenko @ 09/07/12 06:58 PM
"Get this: the game syncs with the NikeID website and you can actually have your virtual shoe made real and shipped to your door."

This blew my mind.

# 40 GTRx Assassin @ 09/07/12 07:13 PM
Another thing that'll be cool if you can edit sneakers already in the game to create correct colorways

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.