Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 is available now for 360 users. We'll update this post when PS3 users can see it.

This update includes a new instant start option when creating a player in CCM. The team has also fixed numerous stability issues and GameFace improvements.

While the team hasn't added the ability to edit players in CCM, they still haven't shot down the idea completely, in hopes to have it available in a future patch.

The week 1 Madden NFL 13 updated rosters for CCM are not included in this title update, but are supposed to be out sometime this week.

UPDATE: Here are the details on the title update.
  • Added an Instant Start option to Connected Careers as a player
  • Numerous commentary improvements to address when lines trigger and what they say.
  • Added a trade notification in CCM for the NFL Draft
  • Fixed social media sharing post-game to address spacing issues
  • Improved the GameFace feature
  • Fixed Challenge Audio to make the appropriate call
  • Improved Physics Get-up post play
  • Adjusted created players in Connected Careers so that they always have high progression grades despite their backstory choices
  • Fixed defensive assignment issues against the CPU AI when users were in Man Coverage
  • Increased the chances to trade for a CPU team’s starter
  • Adjusted the scouting development trait in CCM to display as (Slow, Medium, Fast, or Superstar) instead of 0-3.
  • Added the ability to post results from H2H MUT games on Facebook/Twitter.
  • Numerous stability issues around the game in general were also included in the update to improve the overall experience and Connected Careers specifically.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 The JareBear @ 09/11/12 07:32 AM
At the very least nothing appears worse after the patch. Baby steps

# 22 ripp1p @ 09/11/12 07:39 AM
Can you now change playbook if ur coach in offline ccm after you started. Also can you use create playbook in offline in ccm.

# 23 ripp1p @ 09/11/12 07:39 AM
Do you have to restart offline ccm to have changes to apply?

# 24 Phobia @ 09/11/12 07:43 AM
I still don't understand wasting a patch on things such as this. We all know that patches are limited and you need to fix the most possible with each patch so WHY only fix these minor things. I understand the stability fix, but CCM Quick start??? or Gameface improvement.....really??? This is hardly what most people would deem, priority over other areas of the game that need patching.

Oh well, I feel like I am just typing for no reason because it will never change. The weird decisions will continue and we will always be left scratching our head.

# 25 Kramer5150 @ 09/11/12 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I understand the stability fix.
It will be interesting to see what these "stability fixes" are. It SOUNDS like (just a guess here) something to do with online...at least that's the first thing I think of when the term "stability" is being used.

# 26 Hades71 @ 09/11/12 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
In a game I played yesterday, I was looking at post game stats and my team actually had, I think it was, five assisted tackles. It was the first time I've seen them recorded. Thought it was odd.

As for the patch, hopefully they release some sort of patch notes that details everything they fixed. It doesn't make a lot of sense to release a patch fixing issues and then not even disclose what was and wasn't fixed.
Were the assisted tackles offline CCM?

# 27 sactown_13 @ 09/11/12 08:06 AM
not sure for offline, but online u still cant change ur playbook

# 28 atvmx21 @ 09/11/12 08:13 AM
So basically this update is almost pointless? 95% of the things we wanted weren't fixed. (yet)

I mean, they couldn't even fix the scheme/game flow options problem?

# 29 prey2god @ 09/11/12 08:26 AM
It just befuddles me how you can customize the roster to "Play Now" but you can't for ccm. Absolutely ridiculous.

# 30 roadman @ 09/11/12 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I still don't understand wasting a patch on things such as this. We all know that patches are limited and you need to fix the most possible with each patch so WHY only fix these minor things. I understand the stability fix, but CCM Quick start??? or Gameface improvement.....really??? This is hardly what most people would deem, priority over other areas of the game that need patching.

Oh well, I feel like I am just typing for no reason because it will never change. The weird decisions will continue and we will always be left scratching our head.
I've been saying all along, based on past history, major fixes after game ships aren't fixed till October/November.

I didn't think anything would be different with a patch 2 weeks after launch.

Not saying it's right at all, just that history is a good predictor.

# 31 prey2god @ 09/11/12 08:31 AM
And history says they don't give a crap about the consumer. They basically said "HA HA...we got your money and there's nothing you can do about that!"

# 32 Christian Antonio @ 09/11/12 08:38 AM
It costs a lot more to put out multiple patches than it does to pay a developer to write those patches. The whole multiple patches to save money is a purely consumer reaction.

It would be fiscally idiotic to release multiple do-nothing patches. It'd be in their best interest to release a single patch fixing everything. Because of demand, they release many, meaning not every big fix can get in before it needs to hit cert in order to go live.

I totally understand the consumer side, but it's only because you don't understand the process, honestly.

So while it may seem like greedy EA is just fooling you into staying fans of the series, it's pretty backwards that EA would waste money on something that really doesn't influence purchase decisions the following year as long as the game wasn't broken after the last patch this year.

# 33 roadman @ 09/11/12 08:40 AM
And if you knew the history, no one's expectations would be high with a patch 2 weeks after launch.

Prey, you know I've been trying to warn folks not to get their hopes up, and yet, after 2 weeks after launch, people feel that all noted bugs should be fixed.

Those two weeks = MS/Sony certification.

# 34 prey2god @ 09/11/12 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Antonio
It costs a lot more to put out multiple patches than it does to pay a developer to write those patches. The whole multiple patches to save money is a purely consumer reaction.

It would be fiscally idiotic to release multiple do-nothing patches. It'd be in their best interest to release a single patch fixing everything. Because of demand, they release many, meaning not every big fix can get in before it needs to hit cert in order to go live.

I totally understand the consumer side, but it's only because you don't understand the process, honestly.

So while it may seem like greedy EA is just fooling you into staying fans of the series, it's pretty backwards that EA would waste money on something that really doesn't influence purchase decisions the following year as long as the game wasn't broken after the last patch this year.
Save the semantics. It's not important. Bottom line is they don't care about the consumer. There's no conspiracy behind this theory. This patch was a poor attempt at damage control.

# 35 Christian Antonio @ 09/11/12 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
Save the semantics. It's not important. Bottom line is they don't care about the consumer. There's no conspiracy behind this theory. This patch was a poor attempt at damage control.
It can be damage control all it wants to be, but the last thing a "greedy" EA wants to do is throw money at something that doesn't help them in the long run.

# 36 ripp1p @ 09/11/12 08:56 AM
Can u now edit rosters in offline ccm?

# 37 roadman @ 09/11/12 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Ok, I have been watching a CPU game for the better part of the morning, after downloading the patch. I really think this patch did something to the physics... Can anyone else confirm?
Maybe part of the stability issues?

I go into a Play Now and see if I notice anything.

# 38 ripp1p @ 09/11/12 08:58 AM
It just confirms to me that next year when they put all back the things in that they took out this year will the big items added!!!!!!

# 39 kongemeier @ 09/11/12 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Ok, I have been watching a CPU game for the better part of the morning, after downloading the patch. I really think this patch did something to the physics... Can anyone else confirm?
I'm at work and wasting time on OS So can't check at the moment...

What exactly do you think you are seeing? Is it more loose, tighter, better, worse...?

# 40 kiddlex @ 09/11/12 08:58 AM
I started a new Online CCm and TO is still on the Seahawks.

Are the CCM rosters still not out?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.