Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 is available now for 360 users. We'll update this post when PS3 users can see it.

This update includes a new instant start option when creating a player in CCM. The team has also fixed numerous stability issues and GameFace improvements.

While the team hasn't added the ability to edit players in CCM, they still haven't shot down the idea completely, in hopes to have it available in a future patch.

The week 1 Madden NFL 13 updated rosters for CCM are not included in this title update, but are supposed to be out sometime this week.

UPDATE: Here are the details on the title update.
  • Added an Instant Start option to Connected Careers as a player
  • Numerous commentary improvements to address when lines trigger and what they say.
  • Added a trade notification in CCM for the NFL Draft
  • Fixed social media sharing post-game to address spacing issues
  • Improved the GameFace feature
  • Fixed Challenge Audio to make the appropriate call
  • Improved Physics Get-up post play
  • Adjusted created players in Connected Careers so that they always have high progression grades despite their backstory choices
  • Fixed defensive assignment issues against the CPU AI when users were in Man Coverage
  • Increased the chances to trade for a CPU team’s starter
  • Adjusted the scouting development trait in CCM to display as (Slow, Medium, Fast, or Superstar) instead of 0-3.
  • Added the ability to post results from H2H MUT games on Facebook/Twitter.
  • Numerous stability issues around the game in general were also included in the update to improve the overall experience and Connected Careers specifically.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Knickerbocker @ 09/11/12 11:54 AM
Can we keep this thread on topic and leave the flamming for the 200 other threads that are here for that?

I for one would like to hear what ppl are noticing with the patch.

# 142 steamboat @ 09/11/12 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Football freaks did amazing things with Madden PC. I was so po'd at EA/Tib for taking the game away from the PC. I missed those bad years of early next gen maddens cause I didn't get a console until Read Dead Redempt forced me to get one.

Computers, like all electronics are getting cheap. I got a dual core, 4 CPU for only around $700, $750. Really, all I need to do is update the Graphics card to get console quality plus graphics.

Go google nexus skyrim and salivate over all the mods you could have.
Well, I've been unemployed for nearly a year (start new job next week thank goodness) so maybe I'll be able to get myself a new computer by early next year.

# 143 ProbieByKO @ 09/11/12 11:58 AM
All I've noticed so far:

-schemes now save in offline ccm.
-created players can now be starters right away.

# 144 NINJAK2 @ 09/11/12 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by candide
Is there any way somebody who has downloaded the update (I guess on XBOX) can tell us if there are any differences, and if so, what they are? I'm just curious about what is included in this update.

As for what people are talking about, I hated this Madden out of the box. But then I started playing it, and the more I play CCM the more I like it. I love what they are doing, and I can't wait to see the mode once the bugs are worked out. I like the idea of giving us something new after 10 years instead of just updating what they had, which would have been far safer and easier.
The most notable change I have seen is with the physics engine as they have toned it down a great deal. No longer are you seeing tackles where people just bounce off each other as if they are on the moon. No more arms and legs flailing oddly or contorting into impossible positions. A lot of the unpredictability of the tackles and animations though are gone imo. The motto you will never see the same thing twice doesn't hold as much weight anymore. Tackles have more weight/impact due to this change but they look more predictable/repetetive. I feel this change has helped the CPU running game a little as they aren't falling down at the slightest contact with OL/defenders anymore. Noticed no cpu changes regarding playcalling/a.i.

# 145 Danish ram @ 09/11/12 12:00 PM
Can you choose your own scheme on off and def when creating a coach in offline ccm now?

# 146 ProbieByKO @ 09/11/12 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish ram
Can you choose your own scheme on off and def when creating a coach in offline ccm now?
A friend of mine says you can, and they save. This was confirmed a few pages back by another poster on this thread.

# 147 ProbieByKO @ 09/11/12 12:04 PM
I just checked the Madden twitter Feed and they just posted that ccm rosters will not be posted until Friday the 14th.

# 148 roadman @ 09/11/12 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zionblitz21
HAS ANYONE GOTTEN THERE PS3 PATCH YET??
PS3 comes out later today, no need for the caps, we hear you.

# 149 Boltman @ 09/11/12 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker
Can we keep this thread on topic and leave the flamming for the 200 other threads that are here for that?

I for one would like to hear what ppl are noticing with the patch.
Another thing I noticed right now besides the players no longer flopping all over one another.

Don't know if it was like this before (never noticed) but players (when looking at their career stats) now have free agent next to their new team instead of the team they're actually on.

Example is that I use the Bolts in my offline CCM and we got rid of Ryan Mathews and picked up Ryan Grant. For Grant it lists Packers every year till he got to the Bolts and now it says Free Agent along side of the stats he's accumulated as a Bolt.

Same thing with Mathews, says Bolts for the years he was on my team. Now with the Broncos it says Free Agent.

That isn't a "fix" in my book, kind of an oddity but none the less something I noticed.

That is all I have so far, I'll keep looking for little things. Gonna play a few more games.

# 150 Masakra @ 09/11/12 12:07 PM
For anyone that has gotten the patch already...

Please, please tell me that they FINALLY added assisted tackles and half sacks? Its something so basic and the fact that the column for it exists bugs me to no end...

# 151 brothericv @ 09/11/12 12:07 PM
Schemes do not save for me still. I set it play a game go back and they are reset back to default settings

# 152 lon515 @ 09/11/12 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProbieByKO
All I've noticed so far:

-schemes now save in offline ccm.
-created players can now be starters right away.
how did you get your sceme to save mine wont

# 153 Boltman @ 09/11/12 12:08 PM
Quote:
didnt notice caps were on and how can u hear me if its being typed.. jus saying..
lol you knew what he meant.

I'm sure he was figuratively "speaking" or should I say typing.

# 154 roadman @ 09/11/12 12:09 PM
Quote:
didnt notice caps were on and how can u hear me if its being typed.. jus saying..
All capitals appears as if you are yelling, ok?

Moving along.

# 155 Boltman @ 09/11/12 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masakra
For anyone that has gotten the patch already...

Please, please tell me that they FINALLY added assisted tackles and half sacks? Its something so basic and the fact that the column for it exists bugs me to no end...
In simmed or played games?

I'm about to play a game, I'll post when it's over (unless someone answers before that).

# 156 nick8407123 @ 09/11/12 12:10 PM
I am at work so I can't check this out for myself but... Did EA fix the injury bug where you're players would get injured during the game. After the game you would go to change a setting or slider and all the injuries in the entire league would be cleared! Thanks for any help...

# 157 kc10785 @ 09/11/12 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whaley
I'm a software developer for a living (albeit in server-side business middleware, which I'd argue is way simpler than platform game development).

This game has only been released to the public for two weeks. Depending on the bug sometimes it takes that long just to reproducible bug, triage it, and get a patch for it and get it committed to the main code line. This isn't even counting manual QA and several other things that go into the release process. This stuff isn't easy.

Chances are the stability fixes being mentioned are things that were causing actual loss of gameplay, crashing, major loss of functionality, but were only rarely occurring such that the risk of releasing the game with those bugs in there was small and they've probably been able to successfully reproduce and patch those critical issues.

Developers aren't gods and can't just simply "write more code" to fix something. Give them a break in expecting something so soon.

Of course, with this said, there are lots of warts (and CCM gameplay!) that really should be able to get patched in time for that bigger patch that people keep alluding to in 1-2 months. Realistically hold off on being disappointing until then. The fact there actually seems to be a somewhat predictable patch cycle shows that EA Sports actually does care here - I've worked in software shops that didn't care before and never bumped priority on things that caused loss of functionality for a minority of users and didn't plan a patch cycle accordingly.

THANK U!!!

# 158 brandon27 @ 09/11/12 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProbieByKO
I just checked the Madden twitter Feed and they just posted that ccm rosters will not be posted until Friday the 14th.
So the week 1 rosters, come out for week 2? Great. With a lack of editing and custom rosters, the one thing EA needed to do was keep up with roster updates. They're failing miserably at that right now IMO. Sure we have the week 1 roster for play now, and that's fine because it came fairly quickly, but this update for CCM is really slow.

Glad to hear however, that the patch has apparently fixed the offline CCM scheme issues though. That's pretty important IMO.

# 159 steamboat @ 09/11/12 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
So the week 1 rosters, come out for week 2? Great. With a lack of editing and custom rosters, the one thing EA needed to do was keep up with roster updates. They're failing miserably at that right now IMO. Sure we have the week 1 roster for play now, and that's fine because it came fairly quickly, but this update for CCM is really slow.

Glad to hear however, that the patch has apparently fixed the offline CCM scheme issues though. That's pretty important IMO.
Maybe they wanted to have the ratings reflect what happened on week 1 for CCM? Its weird cause another EA rep on twitter stated it would come out today.

# 160 lon515 @ 09/11/12 12:22 PM
Can someone tell me how to get the schemes to save because there still not doing it

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.