Home
NHL 13 News Post

Another NHL 13 tuner update has been released (1.03), details below.

Name: Tuner 1.03

Date: 09/21/2012

Notes:

EASHL Only
  • Increased AI goalie glove and stick high ratings
  • Slightly lowered wrist shot accuracy
  • Increased AI goalie rebound control
  • Decreased AI ability to make long stretch passes when Users were calling for a pass.
BAP

Reverted the previous tuner change that fixed the issue where players were only starting their BAP shift at a faceoff since it raised the chance of a crash. We are continuing to look for an alternate fix for how to allow Users to start shifts mid play.

Game: NHL 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Flyermania @ 09/21/12 11:28 PM
Amazing that the most glaring need has not been addressed....penalties.

# 2 savoie2006 @ 09/21/12 11:32 PM
Haha, sorry but the most glaring issues with this game are clearly online and in HUT. Yeah penalties are the biggest Offline issue, but as expected EA is gonna fix where they want people the most first.

# 3 Taku @ 09/21/12 11:50 PM
There's propably 27 other things they have tuned but "forgot" to mention it. Good to see they reverted the terrible 1.02 tuner.

# 4 gator3guy @ 09/22/12 01:16 AM
How are we supposed to score on ai goalies now?

# 5 bukktown @ 09/22/12 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

Notes:

EASHL Only
Increased AI goalie glove and stick high ratings

Slightly lowered wrist shot accuracy

Increased AI goalie rebound control

Decreased AI ability to make long stretch passes when Users were calling for a pass.

BAP

Reverted the previous tuner change that fixed the issue where players were only starting their BAP shift at a faceoff since it raised the chance of a crash. We are continuing to look for an alternate fix for how to allow Users to start shifts mid play.
I hope they modify those first 3 things in online vs play at some point too

# 6 FBeaule04 @ 09/22/12 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

Notes:

EASHL Only
Increased AI goalie glove and stick high ratings

Slightly lowered wrist shot accuracy

Increased AI goalie rebound control

Decreased AI ability to make long stretch passes when Users were calling for a pass.

BAP

This is the best one! They messed it up to begin with, then they correct it up and people are screaming that the tuner only made line change terrible since we have AI who change at times they shouldn't, just to see them revert back saying it can crash!

Typical EA stuff.

# 7 mkharsh33 @ 09/22/12 10:16 AM
Tuner 1.87 will address penalties... Patience...LOTS of it.

# 8 thegoons21 @ 09/22/12 10:38 AM
Could be placebo but I played two games and feel that penalties were pretty consistent. I got a minimum of four (two PPs each) in both games last night with the new tuner set (all penalty related sliders maxed and aggression too). I'm thinking that for playing with 9 minute periods that's something I can live with. The second game I think I had 4 PPs myself and the CPU went on the advantage at least 3 times. I'm gonna play more tonight and see how it goes. Sorry for no stats, you're just gonna have to believe me.

# 9 Therion7 @ 09/22/12 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoons21
Could be placebo but I played two games and feel that penalties were pretty consistent. I got a minimum of four (two PPs each) in both games last night with the new tuner set (all penalty related sliders maxed and aggression too). I'm thinking that for playing with 9 minute periods that's something I can live with. The second game I think I had 4 PPs myself and the CPU went on the advantage at least 3 times. I'm gonna play more tonight and see how it goes. Sorry for no stats, you're just gonna have to believe me.
I believe you. I had a four pen game with the "Rules" Pen slider set to 1 and the AI CPU / HUM set to 3 each in a ten minute period game.

I'm methodically going through various permutations but crucially, Tuner Set 1.03 is great. It's completely toned down the garbage goals and impossible laser shots that the CPU would fire in. I've played about 8 full 10 minute period games and haven't really felt cheated in any of them.

Enjoying the game right now. It's a few tweaks away from greatness.

# 10 onac22 @ 09/22/12 11:43 AM
Forget the penalty's we played five games EASHL last night. The scores go as follows. GM 1: 2-1 W 4OT, GM 2 1-0 LOT, GM3 1-0 L, GM4 3-0W, GM5 2-1L OT.

4 OT is rediculous but we gained 45 pts. After wataching all the replays neither side could score anymore on some very solid dekes and passing plays. Shooting doesn't work anymore.

I mix up shots on net had backdoor chances pulled backhand to get goalie to move cross crease on passes. Breakaways fake shots dekes through the legs ughhhhh.

Anyone else having the same results?

# 11 sweetjones @ 09/22/12 11:57 AM
Is online play driven by money profit or something? Why is this top priority? smh

# 12 jyoung @ 09/22/12 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjones
Is online play driven by money profit or something? Why is this top priority? smh
Many people buy attribute boosts for the EASHL and many people also spend money on the HUT mode.

So yes, the online modes are more profitable than the offline ones.

# 13 SlyBelle @ 09/22/12 12:11 PM
I haven't seen much improvement with penalties with this tuner....although my team did take 4 penalties, the CPU only took one. Same kind of stuff I have randomly seen all along.

# 14 Mellerker39 @ 09/22/12 12:37 PM
No improvement in all game modes or do I still have 1.02 tuner.

# 15 groundedstar @ 09/22/12 01:11 PM
Anyone try out 1.04 yet? I wonder what they forgot in 1.03 to be releasing a new tuner within 24 hrs

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

# 16 Taku @ 09/22/12 01:49 PM
Teh? 1.04? Been at work for 15 hours and don't have a clue what's going on!

# 17 tvman @ 09/22/12 01:56 PM
Just checked and i don't see any 1.04.

# 18 nothinbutnet3123 @ 09/22/12 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onac22
Forget the penalty's we played five games EASHL last night. The scores go as follows. GM 1: 2-1 W 4OT, GM 2 1-0 LOT, GM3 1-0 L, GM4 3-0W, GM5 2-1L OT.

Anyone else having the same results?
We played 7 games last night with 1.03 too and had the same results. a 1-0 W 2OT, 3-2 W OT, 2-0 W, 2-1 L, a 3-2 OT W, and two 2-0 L. One of the 2-0 losses was the most frustrating game. We played against two players rated under 55 that just hit slap shots all game. They got a goal on an accidental wrister from the high slot that wasn't even aimed and slid in 5 hole and a pass that went in off a deflection off of a D-mans stick. We were trying everything possible and couldn't get anything by the goalie. Hopefully they give something back to make it a bit easier to score in the next tuner.

# 19 groundedstar @ 09/22/12 03:36 PM
Well maybe its an error but my machine has 1.03 and latest as separate options. They do seem identical so far as I can tell though. I'll post pics when I get home

# 20 tvman @ 09/22/12 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by groundedstar
Well maybe its an error but my machine has 1.03 and latest as separate options. They do seem identical so far as I can tell though. I'll post pics when I get home

1.03 is the latest so yeah they're the same thing.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.