Member Comments
# 161 L7Joker6 @ 09/27/12 01:14 PM
I want to see some of ya'lls go to combinations using the CS

# 162 achieveduser @ 09/27/12 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Runner = driving shot done in the paint
Floater = standing shot done in the paint

The commands are different. For runner, you have to be moving and in range, then hold LT(L2) and move the Right Stick away from the hoop. For the Floater, hold LT(L2) and move the Right Stick toward the hoop while standing in the paint.

For both the runnner and the euro, you can do them in traffic but it's important to have enough space. If you collide with a defender before you get the shot to initiate, the game will think you're not moving fast enough and you won't get the right shot. You can also try double tapping X(Square). It's a little easier than a double stick throw.
Thanks again for your help!

Edit: Whoot I can do Euro at will now! But my runner is not good at all. It's always resulting in jumper

As for floater, would it be beneficial if I use hop step to come to complete stop first?

# 163 djsider2 @ 09/27/12 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
Posting up on the perimeter and protecting the ball are essentially the same thing, both in real life and in video games.
yes, they are essentially the same, but didn't the 2k12 'protect ball' button actually switch directions depending on where the defender was coming from? (I don't have 2k12 anymore, unsure of what the behavior was).

So in 2k13, i'm beyond the 3pt line, When i press Tri/Y, it goes into postup mode, but it doesnt switch directions when the defender is trying to swipe.

I'm also unsure of how to use the other 'protect Tri/Y moves' mentioned in the section.

# 164 Martstar86 @ 09/27/12 02:56 PM
@beluba some key questions about classic controls..

When you say classic controls, does this mean 2k12 style or you adjust accordingly?
And will playing with classic controls change the games overall natural flow or experience?

# 165 locos85 @ 09/27/12 03:23 PM
I still need to get used to it.

# 166 Eman5805 @ 09/27/12 05:19 PM
Man, I did some crazy, half spin, behind the back, spin out the other way, and then smoothly into a full spin thing when the clock went out. Totally shook Harden with D-Wade. Oh man, if i can figure out how to do that at will...

# 167 Sundown @ 09/27/12 05:23 PM
Quote:
Not so much technical as they didn't fit in the year 1 design of the Control Stick. Most of those sizeups were move chains and didn't break out into individual moves very well. I have some ideas for how to incorporate them (in some form) into the next iteration.
Thanks so much for the response, Mike.

I figured that might have been it since the new shot stick is moving towards a 1 to 1 implementation where we trigger individual moves. I really like that we can manually throw it between the legs if it wasn't in 2K12. I just wish I was more consistent at triggering it vs. the behind the back animation and vice versa.

It still would have been nice to be able to trigger the Signature Size Ups using the slow movement and RS direction combos or double RS forward and double RS back since those two mappings are still open.

# 168 youvalss @ 09/27/12 08:49 PM
I don't know if this is the place to ask about it, or if it has been covered already but... Shooting a bank shot - is it automatic now? Is there a button for it?

# 169 raiders81tim @ 09/27/12 09:02 PM
Whats the reason for the change in controls? Is there some benefit I'm missing? As of right now, I don't feel like it adds anything new to the game, these are all moves we have been doing for the last 3 or 4 years now.

I am really enjoying the gameplay changes mostly the on ball D, but the new controls seem like an unneeded change imo.

# 170 Martstar86 @ 09/27/12 09:17 PM
@raiders81tim

So true man.. Like Its impossible to pull off a move that you want.. It's like out of chance.
I'm def going with the old controls. People like these cuz there all cheesy and it makes it easier to get to the wrack. What's up with the new shot stick thing to?! Lol like its not smooth or natural at all, no I will not use X as shoot either.. I played college ball and shooting is natural and quick just like how the SHOT STICK was.

I may be complaining but it's a big deal to a lot of people and I've been playing 2k since genius. Meaning dream cast

# 171 NowAndLaterCARZ @ 09/27/12 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I don't know if this is the place to ask about it, or if it has been covered already but... Shooting a bank shot - is it automatic now? Is there a button for it?
ITS L2+ SQUARE ON PS3

# 172 youvalss @ 09/27/12 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowAndLaterCARZ
ITS L2+ SQUARE ON PS3
But if I play with the default controls (L2 = shot modifier), then what? L2 is pressed anyway.

# 173 Martstar86 @ 09/27/12 09:33 PM
Straight up the new controls make the game more arcady.
In real ball dudes be doing only like a few moves.. Cross over, in n out, in n out cross over and behind the back. No this behind the back spin move crap out of triple threat lol

# 174 djsider2 @ 09/27/12 09:36 PM
Quote:
But if I play with the default controls (L2 = shot modifier), then what? L2 is pressed anyway.
I always shoot bank shots now... I think L2 is still used for that

# 175 youvalss @ 09/27/12 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsider2
I always shoot bank shots now... I think L2 is still used for that
In other words, it's automatic (on by default), unless you play with the button (square to shoot). If you play with the other alternate controls, the player would dribble (L2 = dribble modifier). I guess there's no way around it...?

I hope someone from 2K can comment about it.

# 176 K.So @ 09/27/12 09:41 PM
I wish I had Kinect just to tell my teammates to shoot the ball in MyCAREER...Hope the enhanced, improved AI logic is true and that isn't necessary though...

# 177 Rawdeal28 @ 09/27/12 10:06 PM
Quote:
In other words, it's automatic (on by default), unless you play with the button (square to shoot). If you play with the other alternate controls, the player would dribble (L2 = dribble modifier). I guess there's no way around it...?

I hope someone from 2K can comment about it.
i wanna know this as well. maybe its the same as last year, move the stick in one direction, and then the opposite way.

# 178 Beluba @ 09/27/12 10:16 PM
Quote:
Bank shots are automatic now, based on the player's use glass tendency

# 179 youvalss @ 09/27/12 10:17 PM
So if I use a guy like Duncan, he would shoot a bank shot every time?

# 180 Vni @ 09/27/12 10:17 PM
Quote:
Bank shots are automatic now, based on the players use glass tendency
That's not an improvement.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.