Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Thanks to Tweefin123!

UPDATE: It looks like some of the ratings aren't accurate, based off of NBA 2K13 player ratings that have already been revealed.

UPDATE #2: Looks like the video was pulled, but we have it up locally. Thanks to bigball12.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 bigball12 @ 09/26/12 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicFan4Life
I just watched the video again and I saw something disturbing. Why is Chris Duhon still on the Magic????
Good eye, McRoberts is still on the Lakers. They forgot to swap them.

# 122 ManhattanBeachLakers @ 09/26/12 03:42 PM
These are not the official rankings. And even if they were, I wouldn't have a problem with them. They seem fine to me, people have to understand that overall player ratings don't have a huge effect on how a player performs. And you can't just look at stats either, some players are very good at stuff like shooting and weak and defending. In result, their overall will be lower than a guy who is weak offensively and very good defensively. Even though the stats can't be compared.

The lack of Euros bothers me a bit, but some of those guys that are missing won't even make the Active 12-man rosters for their teams. The European dude from Brooklyn is the only good Euro that's missing in this video. Prigioni and de Colo won't make the 12-man roster.

# 123 JWiLL02 @ 09/26/12 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
More dominant than AD? BS. You are such a homer.
I love being called a homer based on one level headed post by myself, good stuff. I was clearly considering AD a PF in this scenario.

I'm not even going into it too much with that Cavsfan guy who I've seen trashing other teams young players before on here, some of which he clearly hasn't seen play. Though I can understand being bitter that your squad missed out on a chance to pair Kyrie-Jonas to take an undersized and underskilled PF.

Tristan Thompson is from my city and I want him to succeed, but that's two years in a row where the Cavs reach at 4.

# 124 ClevelandFan @ 09/26/12 04:27 PM
Jonas has done nothing except look like **** in international ball. Lets see if he can actually play in the NBA before bitching about his rating and claiming he's the white Dwight

# 125 ClevelandCavsFan @ 09/26/12 04:38 PM
Haha here comes another Cavs fan to jump on the bandwagon. Thompson will be a good player. He's already a good defender and offensive rebounder, and his offense will improve. It's not really fair to say that Jonas is miles above him in talent since he hasn't played in the NBA and wasn't great at the Olympics. I'm not saying he sucks, just that any comparison isn't very fair. Also, there was a story that came out saying that his agent told the Cavaliers that he would stay in Europe if they drafted him. So let's reserve judgement on Jonas vs. Thompson for at least another year.

And speaking of reserving judgement, everyone please calm down about Dion Waiters. He was overweight and sucked it up in the summer league, but he had a sore ankle. I think he'll have an up-and-down rookie year, but it's way too early to label him a bust. They took the guy they wanted over another undersized PF (Robinson is the same height as TT) and a jumpshooting SF in Barnes. Disagree if you want, but the fact of the matter is that it's too early to know for any of these players

sorry for the novel, this was more a general reply to fans of the NBA who don't know much about the Cavs

# 126 basketball444 @ 09/26/12 04:57 PM
Raja Bell ahead of Gordon Hayward? I thought G-Time would at least crack the 70's this year....smh

# 127 Biagas @ 09/26/12 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockafella
Durant should not be a 94. He doesn't play a lick of defense.
That's not true man. KD has grown so much as a defender. He's not andre igoudala, or lebron james, but he can hold is own.

He shut down kobe bryant in the lakers series in the fourth quarter, played some D on Gasol, and if it wasn't for the stupid foul calls they were handing out in the finals he would have played more time on Lebron.

# 128 RocketTMac1 @ 09/26/12 05:59 PM
No Quincy Miller? Nooooooooooo

I hope CDR is in the free agent pool

# 129 ManhattanBeachLakers @ 09/26/12 07:58 PM
I also find it odd how McRoberts is still on the Lakers even though he was sent to Orlando in the Dwight trade. These rosters must be manually edited because there are players on wrong teams. Matt Barnes should not have even been on any team in this video because he was a free agent until like Sep. 15th.

I hope Mirza Teletovic is added to the Nets soon, he's a rotation player and will get decent PT. The other Euros that are missing (Prigioni and de Colo) won't even crack the 12-man rosters for their squads so I'm not too concerned about them. I also want to see guys like Shved, Joel Freeland, and Doron Lamb. The dude from Spain should also be in the game, Victor Claver.

# 130 ManhattanBeachLakers @ 09/26/12 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketball444
Raja Bell ahead of Gordon Hayward? I thought G-Time would at least crack the 70's this year....smh
Bell is far better at defending.

By now, people should know that good defenders will have higher overalls than players with good offensive ratings, but low defensive ratings.

# 131 Warablo @ 09/26/12 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanBeachLakers
Bell is far better at defending.

By now, people should know that good defenders will have higher overalls than players with good offensive ratings, but low defensive ratings.
Gordon Hayward has more defense than people give him credit for.

# 132 Samdogg @ 09/26/12 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbang
Parsons doesnt have lock down defender but he has spotup shooter Lin's perimeter defense better than parsons? Chandler was the guy given durant and kobe fits every game but no defender sig skill?

Royce while got handles !!!! bruiser and brickwall skills also
I agree 100%...

# 133 OSUFan_88 @ 09/26/12 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
Though I can understand being bitter that your squad missed out on a chance to pair Kyrie-Jonas
Well damn, I guess I'll just have to settle with the much better Kyrie-Zeller combo...

Oh, did I also mention that our combo comes complete with a potential star in Waiters and a great role player in Tristan Thompson?

Yep, reeeeeeeally bitter, bro.

# 134 Eaglerock562 @ 09/26/12 09:57 PM
Looking through the video I did notice the lakers and magic players not put on their new teams and possible reason could have been that the roster would have exceeded the maximum 15 players or below the minimum number of 12, regardless its a quick fix when you get the game. I would be more concerned with guys like Donald Sloan, Mychel Thompson and Courtney Fortson, guys who played in the NBA last year at some point and are actual free agents being left out of the game.

# 135 ekie0 @ 09/26/12 09:58 PM
How the Hell is Kawhi Leonard's D rated so low?

Pure Outrage!
Just more 2k spurs hate.

Bonner at 50 like he can't even hustle or grab a board.
Splitter with NO Improvement since entering the league?
Stephen Jackson's D even TOOK a hit after his playoffs showing?

what a joke.

# 136 ekie0 @ 09/26/12 10:08 PM
But every time someone even THINKS about joining the Lakers the 2k insider (who is from LA) can't help but to give them a 5 point boost to their overall. (Ramon Seesions last year, Dwight "I didn't even really play but now I'm rated at Shaq level" Howard this year.

what a scam

# 137 Majingir @ 09/26/12 10:10 PM
Got lazy on Raptors part or what?

DeRozan,Calderon and Bargnani are all 75....And it just happens that the 1 new guy to their team, end up being rated so much higher than everyone else.

# 138 ClevelandFan @ 09/26/12 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Well damn, I guess I'll just have to settle with the much better Kyrie-Zeller combo...

Oh, did I also mention that our combo comes complete with a potential star in Waiters and a great role player in Tristan Thompson?

Yep, reeeeeeeally bitter, bro.
+1

But hey, they got another European bust and a reach themselves with Ross. Lol

# 139 ManhattanBeachLakers @ 09/26/12 11:09 PM
Here are a few player ratings that I had a problem with:

- Brandon Roy - 80? Way too high for a player coming out of retirement with bad knee issues. I actually think his rating was lower in 2k11, his last year as a Blazer.

- Jonas from the Raptors - 59? Way too low, and I'm not even a Raptor fan

- Terrence Jones 59 is very low, especially because he's an all-around player

- Jason Kidd 80? He's done.

- Delonte West 76 as a PG. When you switch him to SG (his natural position), I guarantee he'll be over 80. NBA 2k13 quietly boosted Delonte West' rating for some odd reason.

# 140 theycallmeZZ @ 09/26/12 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandFan
Jonas has done nothing except look like **** in international ball. Lets see if he can actually play in the NBA before bitching about his rating and claiming he's the white Dwight

Did you even watch him play last year? At EuroBasket and the EuroLeague?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.