Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

It looks like Madden NFL 13 title update #3, which was scheduled to arrive tomorrow, is 1 day early and available now for 360 users, weighing in at 19MB.

*UPDATE: PS3 title update is available now, weighing in at 52MB.

For those that missed out on what the title update contains, check it out below or read more about it here.

Feature Additions:

Custom Rosters Offline: Added the ability to start an offline career with a custom roster.

Connected Careers Edit Player: Added the ability to edit gear and information for players in a league.

Coach Mode in Connected Careers: Added the ability to use coach mode in Connected Careers.

Changing Schemes in Connected Careers: Added the ability to change offensive and defensive schemes as a coach.

Offline Play Along in Connected Careers: Added the ability for multiple people to join a CCM game. This applies to coaches only.

Draft Clock: Added a draft clock during the draft that is displayed on screen if you leave the draft interface to view rosters, depth charts, etc.

Draft Filter: Added a filter to the draft screen to display players that have been drafted.

Connected Careers Practice XP: Added the ability for user controlled players to earn extra XP in practice mode through the stats they accumulate.
Gameplay Tuning:
  • Fixed an issue where WRs were dropping too many passes when playing on All Madden difficulty setting.
  • Fixed an issue where it was too easy to time the kick meter on FGs and PATs in user vs. user games.
  • Fixed an issue where punt returners were moving away from the landing spot if you called a fair catch while letting the CPU control the player.
  • Fixed an issue where someone who attempted to bull rush with the R stick once the ball was snapped activated run commit.
Commentary:
  • Added over a dozen logic fixes to make our commentary more intelligent.
Presentation:
  • Fixed an issue where specific offensive player celebrations were not triggering.
  • Fixed an issue where the referee was backwards when calling a penalty.
  • Fixed an issue with the Giants away uniforms (missing a sleeve stripe).
Connected Careers:
  • Fixed an issue where Offline Gameplay AI/Logic did not match the logic in Play Now.
  • Fixed an issue where playing the game on All-Madden is too easy.
  • Fixed an issue where changing the camera setting in CCM game works for single player.
  • Fixed an issue where League Sliders had limited impact on difficulty.
  • Fixed an issue where the Accelerated Clock did not function in an online CCM game when the option was set to On.
  • Fixed an issue where you could not turn on/off GameFlow in CCM.
  • Fixed an issue where you were unable to sign Free Agents during the season.
  • Fixed an issue where 'Starting a League' would reset Player Schemes.
  • Fixed an issue where after declining a trade offer, you are no longer able to accept or decline another offer.
  • Fixed an issue where you could exploit supersim to run the game clock indefinitely.
  • Fixed some spelling and polish issues in the News and Twitter.
  • Fixed an issue where a coach could make a contract offer to a user controlled player.
  • Fixed an issue where you are forced to select a throwing style for a created player that is not a QB.
  • Fixed an issue where turning Auto-Start to off does not save week to week.
  • Fixed an issue where you can see rookie overall ratings by accessing the player card of the prospect through Team Needs.
  • Fixed an issue where changing Auto-Sub Frequency does not change the correct data.
  • Fixed an issue where the profanity filter was preventing offline players from typing in their names.
  • Fixed an issue where you can draft a player and then trade down while the draft is paused. The issue resulted in the user keeping both the traded picks and drafted player.
Stability:
  • Fixed numerous crashes.
  • Fixed an issue with the in-game pause menu disappearing.
Madden Ultimate Team:
  • Changed the Packs button to Store Button.
  • Condensed Leaderboards and Help menus.
  • Implemented the ability to view videos from the hub.
  • Implemented Store Panel Changes.
  • Moved Auctions/Trades to a separate menu option.
  • Fixed several Solo Challenge exploits
Playbooks:
  • Fixed an issue where theHail Mary formation in a custom playbook had a blank play that resulted in a broken formation and invisible players if selected.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 sbkeg @ 10/15/12 01:40 PM
I've only played Practice on All-Madden about 10 times today.
What I've noticed:
WR are still dropping TONS of wide open passes.
Seems to be A LOT more fumbles
Kick Returns seem to be easy again.

In Online CCM, I don't see where I can change my coaches schemes.

# 142 MrDiode @ 10/15/12 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KR817
Is anyone else having this issue? No matter what roster I pick offline or online every single offensive lineman has 0 arms. I mean tiny arms. Am I going to have to fix them all?
Looks like this is a nice new bug introduced by the patch.

Tiny armed Madden is here to stay!

# 143 KR817 @ 10/15/12 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDiode
Looks like this is a nice new bug introduced by the patch.

Tiny armed Madden is here to stay!
Just wanted to make sure I'm not crazy.

# 144 TheRealGooch @ 10/15/12 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Not surprising.

I was waiting (while Sony undergoes maintenance....) to see what would be messed up with the new "fixes".

Someone posted earlier about this type of edit problem in NCAA where RBs would have skinny stick arms. Sounds like it has replicated itself here in Madden.
Shouldn't you be able to edit your player to look how you want with the new patch?

# 145 Farmer joe @ 10/15/12 01:44 PM
Just started up a new offline ccm a couple hours ago. Looks like I'm going to have to start re-adjusting the sliders I worked so hard on for the past 4-5 weeks lol. It was just a pre-season game, but I've never had 2 guys gain well over a 100 yards on the ground in a game against me. They were just breaking everything and the run blocking was spectacular, wide open lanes everywhere. My slider set does favor the CPU's running ability, so I just have to start tweaking there.
Its great to see that they're running. I know it was just 1 game, but CPU has never ran like that, so its not me over-reacting to a new patch there. I'll keep playing a few more games and hopefully I can tweak my sliders enough today to make it challenging.

# 146 KR817 @ 10/15/12 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealGooch
Shouldn't you be able to edit your player to look how you want with the new patch?
You can. My problem is that even if I go in a offline CCM with a custom roster all my linemen on every team have tiny arms. It's fixable it will take forever tho.

# 147 KR817 @ 10/15/12 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by payton425
Small arms on both online and offline ccm?
For me, yes.

# 148 Sturzinator @ 10/15/12 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealGooch
Sounds like you can edit them, but it reverts back to the stick appearance afterwards.

Sigh.....

# 149 Gatorfan89 @ 10/15/12 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDiode
No ability to do anything with scheme in a 32 man online CCM in Week 7.
Well this is a problem. I thought we would be able to change schemes, but more importantly change our run/pass ratio. That is a serious deal breaker if you cant change the ratio.

I've said it before, but if I start with the Jags obviously Ill be run heavy, but lets say after a few seasons MJD is old, and Ive developed a great QB, I should have the opportunity to adjust my run/pass ratio to be more pass heavy since it is the new strength of my offense. Locking me into one ratio for my entire career really takes the fun out of the game, and almost punishes me.

# 150 Danimal @ 10/15/12 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
They did, though, something like CCM similar play calling to CCM

I also said before it was a small sample size, but a slider creater, SEC is backing me too.
Again not saying you are wrong but he said he played a game so that's 5 quarters of football. Just saying I personally would need a larger sample size before making a judgment as I've had games where the cpu play calling seemed fine to me pre-patch.

# 151 Darth Aegis @ 10/15/12 01:49 PM
I mean really did anyone think EA was going to get it all right? I'm thankful for the patch but come on the tiny arm thing. i think they need to start looking at there staff of programmers alittle bit closer if this is true. geez

# 152 KR817 @ 10/15/12 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutler23
I mean really did anyone think EA was going to get it all right? I'm thankful for the patch but come on the tiny arm thing. i think they need to start looking at there staff of programmers alittle bit closer if this is true. geez
It's pretty annoying. Wonder how quick they can fix it?

# 153 booker21 @ 10/15/12 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBorn81
User sliders are set at 25.
Thanks for the response. So itīs working as Play now then! cool.

# 154 KR817 @ 10/15/12 01:53 PM
As I'm going through my roster now I'm noticing guys who generally have smaller arms have their arm size maxed out. And I'm not talking about definition. Lol. How does this happen?

# 155 TheRealGooch @ 10/15/12 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KR817
You can. My problem is that even if I go in a offline CCM with a custom roster all my linemen on every team have tiny arms. It's fixable it will take forever tho.
Sorry to hear that. That really sucks!

# 156 KR817 @ 10/15/12 01:55 PM
Btw for those who are curious I have deleted and redownloaded my rosters. I also checked them under my madden manage players and the tiny arms don't exist there. Only when I open a CCM

# 157 KR817 @ 10/15/12 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reMicXz
i just caught a glimpse at Mike Wallace standing next to the OL DeCastro and theres a rather big difference in their arms so idk. im just happy to be able to get that silly *** flak jacket off of Vick and get sleeves on him and Babin. this patch is great. i say try not to piss all over it over something as small as arm size EA is at least trying
I'm not pissing all over anything. I haven't played a game yet I'm just going through my roster. Ill see what it looks like in a game.

# 158 hyacinth1 @ 10/15/12 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3

There are a few disappointments though. You can only select your teams uniforms and can't watch CPU vs CPU games.

wow that sucks. No biggie but I like to have that control like in past maddens where I can edit the cpu's uniforms in franchise like in Play Now.

One other question - did they add the team specific sounds ? Like for example, when the redskins score they play Hail to the Redskins or when the Bears score they play Bear Down Chicago Bears? They said in an email few months ago that it was an easy fix and should be available in the next patch. Can anyone confirm?

# 159 gamemaster-2005 @ 10/15/12 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Player editing (this is what you CAN edit)

Position
Jersey #
Handedness
College

Weight
Chest Size
Arm Size
Arm Definition
Belly Size
Rear Size
Thigh Size
Calf Size
Shoe Size

Helmet Type
Face Mask
Visor
Face Marks
Neck Pad
Pad Height
Pad Width
Sleeves
Back Plate
Flak Jacket
Arm Sleeves
Left Elbow
Right Elbow
Left Wrist
Right Wrist
Left Hand
Right Hand
Hand Warmer
Towel
Thigh Pads
Knee Pads
Left Ankle
Right Ankle
Sock Height
Shoes
Was really looking forward to editing positions but. I'm not complaining at least we can wait gear.

# 160 tdogg097 @ 10/15/12 02:00 PM
First game of Raiders CCM on default All-Madden sliders. Pretty much a calk walk. I got a big lead and went conservative on offense. Defense and special teams carried this one. Shaugnessy had 5 sacks!?! and I control safeties. Going to crank up penalties a bit because they were non existent. Pretty much stuffed the run game apart from a 65yd draw td on 3 and 27 lol.

San Diego Chargers at Oakland Raiders
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
San Diego Chargers ()3013723
Oakland Raiders (USER)7203636
Team Stats Comparison

SDGOAK
Total Offense60-38362-308
Rushing Yards22-128-132-113-0
Passing Yards21-31-308-2-220-29-201-1-0
First Downs1416
Punt Return Yards084
Kick Return Yards43120
Total Yards426512
Turnovers30
3rd Down Converstion5-132-10
4th Down Conversion1-10-0
2-Point Conversion0-10-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2-1-15-1-4
Penalties1-54-25
Posession Time27:1432:46
San Diego Chargers
Oakland Raiders

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.