Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

According to Ronnie2K, the wrong NBA 2K13 roster file was uploaded to 2K Share late last night, the current file (everyone is complaining about) is an older version. They will post an updated version sometime tonight.

I've asked if that means tonight or early tomorrow morning, just awaiting confirmation.

Quote:
The wrong #NBA2K13 roster update was accidentally posted by dev last night, is an older file. A new one will be posted tonight. Sorry.

UPDATE:
Quote:
There will be a #NBA2K13 roster update early tomorrow morning.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Kese86 @ 10/30/12 02:26 PM
In response to this effort to save face by 2K...

# 82 ManhattanBeachLakers @ 10/30/12 02:29 PM
Are injured players available in Offline mode?

In other words...are their names highlited in Red and have a lower rating?

# 83 gator3guy @ 10/30/12 02:32 PM
On top of the roster bs, NBA Today isn't working on opening day.

# 84 Tomba @ 10/30/12 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
So everyone's going to boycott the new update right? That'll teach em!!
Ive boycotted since day one and just did my own

If you dont like something and you feel you can do it better do it yourself...so I did

I just feel bad for the majority of the public that actually depends on these updates because they play online

# 85 Humdinger80 @ 10/30/12 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalkerxx
What a bigoted view...

You seem really ignorant and narrow minded man.
And still I support 2K and happy I pre-ordered and bought it on release day...weird eh?

# 86 javicd21 @ 10/30/12 02:48 PM
I know this might be jus a little off topic, but im jus wondering if CyberFaces can be added through roster updates or if they have to be in the disc from day 1?

# 87 BryGuy0416 @ 10/30/12 02:54 PM
So because of the roster mishap is the 2kshare down due to this because it would suck to not be able to download a draft class to start my association tonite if they do fix the roster situation

# 88 foo55 @ 10/30/12 02:57 PM
i can't believe theres a whole section of people that think a 100 post thread on some forum is what caused a multi million dollar company to piss themselves into going into OT mode to update a roster on the fly.

you know whats more believable? the explanation of the wrong roster file being uploaded

# 89 Eaglerock562 @ 10/30/12 02:59 PM
The overall major problem that I see with roster updates, is that there are people coming out and screaming for an update at different avenues. Think about this for a minute, it's a ROSTER update. A roster to me is a group of players that are contracted to a team. Shoes, socks, headbands, elbow pads, knee pads are NOT ROSTER updates. Those would be called ACCESSORY updates. (Note the difference in the word Roster and Accessory). They didn't put a roster update out when they updated arenas did they? No, and why? Because they were ARENA updates, nothing to do with a ROSTER.

All of those screaming about a team's socks being white or black, seriously who sits there and focus on the socks of players when you are playing the game? I don't think Wade wearing white socks on the road is going to suddenly make him play like Smush Parker, he's still Wade and going to play like Wade and plus did I miss the memo when socks even linked to the ratings?

A Roster update is for the those of us who seem to not grasp the concept all about the team's rosters and the PLAYERS contracted to that team who are on that roster.

I do acknowledge that 2K brings this type of heat onto themselves. For most of us who are roster makers, we have already since the first week of the game's release found and unlocked the 2nd rounders, the hidden free agents who are on the disc, so complaining that Terell Harris or Darius Johnson-Odom aren't in the game, guess what....they are, they are just hidden (let that sink in for just a minute before you mind goes haywire).

I do agree that having all those players hidden on the game disc that it is not very hard for 2K to unlock them and add them to the overall roster set, heck about 90% of us already have and it didn't take no more then 10-20 minutes probably. So 2K, you do bring a lot of the harsh criticism and negative feedback on yourselves because you simply have to spend 5-10 minutes (if that) and do what 90% of us have already done and unlock/unhide the players and then you are being praised to the heavens for such a fantastic roster update.

Yes, I understand that some players might not be on the game disc at all and that 2K is where your lack of attention to detail has slipped. Players like Shved, Claver, Freeland, Singler, Teletovic, Wallace, you should have made those 6 players your first priority (give them all cyberfaces) and upload into the roster set and hear the praise from everyone for a job well done. There can't be anything in those players contracts holding them up legally from being in the game can there be?

If the future roster updates for the rest of 2K13 are going to be minimal and disappointing might I just suggest not doing them at all? I mean why put yourself out there to be hit by the negative feedback when you could just throw your hands up and say "guess what folks, no updates for the rest of the year". After all, if we were able to go in and unlock and unhide all the hidden players on the game disc that means they in a way wanted us to at some point, if not they would've have made it a b*tch to crack.

# 90 Twista209 @ 10/30/12 02:59 PM
"According to Ronnie2K, the wrong NBA 2K13 roster file was uploaded to 2K Share late last night, the current file (everyone is complaining about) is an older version. They will post an updated version sometime tonight.

I've asked if that means tonight or early tomorrow morning, just awaiting confirmation."

I would love to believe this but I truly feel 2K FINALLY realized that they MUST step it up when it comes to roster updates. I say this because the supposed "wrong" file was uploaded, yet Delonte West was a free agent with this update, which we are all aware went into effect yesterday.

Regardless this is a positive step in the direction 2K should have been going for years when it comes to proper updates. I want to personally thank all the OS users for expressing their disappointment with the roster update because I feel WE as a team made this new roster happen, coming up tonight. Also want to thanks Steve_OS, great site and great maintenance.

# 91 foo55 @ 10/30/12 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twista209
"According to Ronnie2K, the wrong NBA 2K13 roster file was uploaded to 2K Share late last night, the current file (everyone is complaining about) is an older version. They will post an updated version sometime tonight.

I've asked if that means tonight or early tomorrow morning, just awaiting confirmation."

I would love to believe this but I truly feel 2K FINALLY realized that they MUST step it up when it comes to roster updates. I say this because the supposed "wrong" file was uploaded, yet Delonte West was a free agent with this update, which we all barely went into effect yesterday.

Regardless this is a positive step in the direction 2K should have been going for years when it comes to proper updates. I want to personally thank all the OS users for expressing their disappointment with the roster update because I feel WE as a team made this new roster happen coming up tonight. Also want to thanks Steve_OS, great site and great maintenance.
people knew about west getting cut for over a week now

# 92 Twista209 @ 10/30/12 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foo55
people knew about west getting cut for over a week now
Yes that is true, but it wasn't "official" until yesterday. We also know 2K doesn't assume what will or will not happen.

# 93 Frizzz24 @ 10/30/12 03:18 PM
@Eaglerock562...have been using yours and Tomba's roster...the 2 best on 2k share thus far. Thanks for your hard work and dedication to the harcore gamers. Agree with EVERYTHING you said in your post btw. Accessories would be impossible for 2k to do and please people...especially with how often the players change them throughout the course of the year. But, they should be able to handle putting 15 current contracted players on each team...ESPECIALLY if the players are already on the disc. Wish they would expand rosters to 17 or 18 deep though just to fit some created players or something.

# 94 Tomba @ 10/30/12 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foo55
i can't believe theres a whole section of people that think a 100 post thread on some forum is what caused a multi million dollar company to piss themselves into going into OT mode to update a roster on the fly.

you know whats more believable? the explanation of the wrong roster file being uploaded

DOH

YOU ARE RIGHT

# 95 daz2k @ 10/30/12 03:29 PM
They just wipe 2k share clean no hex roster no player DNA no nothing

# 96 sifu25 @ 10/30/12 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglerock562
The overall major problem that I see with roster updates, is that there are people coming out and screaming for an update at different avenues. Think about this for a minute, it's a ROSTER update. A roster to me is a group of players that are contracted to a team. Shoes, socks, headbands, elbow pads, knee pads are NOT ROSTER updates. Those would be called ACCESSORY updates. (Note the difference in the word Roster and Accessory). They didn't put a roster update out when they updated arenas did they? No, and why? Because they were ARENA updates, nothing to do with a ROSTER.

All of those screaming about a team's socks being white or black, seriously who sits there and focus on the socks of players when you are playing the game? I don't think Wade wearing white socks on the road is going to suddenly make him play like Smush Parker, he's still Wade and going to play like Wade and plus did I miss the memo when socks even linked to the ratings?

A Roster update is for the those of us who seem to not grasp the concept all about the team's rosters and the PLAYERS contracted to that team who are on that roster.

I do acknowledge that 2K brings this type of heat onto themselves. For most of us who are roster makers, we have already since the first week of the game's release found and unlocked the 2nd rounders, the hidden free agents who are on the disc, so complaining that Terell Harris or Darius Johnson-Odom aren't in the game, guess what....they are, they are just hidden (let that sink in for just a minute before you mind goes haywire).

I do agree that having all those players hidden on the game disc that it is not very hard for 2K to unlock them and add them to the overall roster set, heck about 90% of us already have and it didn't take no more then 10-20 minutes probably. So 2K, you do bring a lot of the harsh criticism and negative feedback on yourselves because you simply have to spend 5-10 minutes (if that) and do what 90% of us have already done and unlock/unhide the players and then you are being praised to the heavens for such a fantastic roster update.

Yes, I understand that some players might not be on the game disc at all and that 2K is where your lack of attention to detail has slipped. Players like Shved, Claver, Freeland, Singler, Teletovic, Wallace, you should have made those 6 players your first priority (give them all cyberfaces) and upload into the roster set and hear the praise from everyone for a job well done. There can't be anything in those players contracts holding them up legally from being in the game can there be?

If the future roster updates for the rest of 2K13 are going to be minimal and disappointing might I just suggest not doing them at all? I mean why put yourself out there to be hit by the negative feedback when you could just throw your hands up and say "guess what folks, no updates for the rest of the year". After all, if we were able to go in and unlock and unhide all the hidden players on the game disc that means they in a way wanted us to at some point, if not they would've have made it a b*tch to crack.
How can you do this? PS3 user. I want to unlock all the "hidden" players

# 97 iLead2VIctory @ 10/30/12 03:46 PM

Years later....doctors would tell me that i have an I.Q. of 46 and are what some people would consider to be ...Mentally ********

# 98 MrBigShot1 @ 10/30/12 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawkerOne
wow people are harsh, humans make mistakes.
This has become a 2k tradition dude. People make mistakes. A large group of people working towards the same goal, a company, shouldn't make as many.

# 99 ProfessaPackMan @ 10/30/12 03:51 PM
Just give me Teletovic and Toko on the Nets, 2K and I will forgive you for any other past mistakes you may have done.

Is that still too much to ask for?

# 100 gator3guy @ 10/30/12 03:57 PM
Shelvin Mack was release late Sunday. He's gone from the "wrong uploaded roster". Hmmmm.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.