Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

According to Ronnie2K, the wrong NBA 2K13 roster file was uploaded to 2K Share late last night, the current file (everyone is complaining about) is an older version. They will post an updated version sometime tonight.

I've asked if that means tonight or early tomorrow morning, just awaiting confirmation.

Quote:
The wrong #NBA2K13 roster update was accidentally posted by dev last night, is an older file. A new one will be posted tonight. Sorry.

UPDATE:
Quote:
There will be a #NBA2K13 roster update early tomorrow morning.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 keshunleon @ 10/30/12 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
Sorry to bust your bubble but when was the last time you made a bball game or rosters at all....

Worrying about the wrong shoes is petty IMO..but to each it's own....

Again no matter what you will download the rosters today so be happy and if you don't like their rosters than YOU change them to Your likings problem solved!!
Bust my bubble

Trust me, been playing 2K since 2K first was 2K and all (I mean) all of their roster updates have been poor.

I only use 2K's rosters when I play online and I rarely play online due to the fact they still can't figure that out or even how to make it somewhat realistic (somewhat enjoyable).

My point was in 2K11 there were players who changed shoes, height, weight, and accessories yet 2K still hasn't fixed it.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy 2K13 but I NEVER use their rosters.

# 162 NINJAK2 @ 10/30/12 08:10 PM
Thank you 2k. I know you will most likely get hammered again for an incomplete roster when compared to the OS community ones (deservingly so)but I will give you points for trying(Doing great with the constant court updates).

# 163 SuperNova854 @ 10/30/12 08:11 PM
They didn't even do the Harden trade right

# 164 SteboSSK @ 10/30/12 09:01 PM
Everyone in this thread should tweet the Insider and Ronnie with the thread with the missing players in it.

# 165 Millennium @ 10/30/12 09:22 PM
The overboard idiocy ends now. You have rights to complain to an extent, but the every post after this that is laced with insults and profanity (censored or not) will be banned permanently.

You're not children, folks. Act like it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

# 166 Twista209 @ 10/30/12 09:50 PM
If 2K delivers a roster as promised in years past, that will indeed renew our faith in their word. Come on 2K, make us proud like we know you can!!!

# 167 313entlogic @ 10/30/12 10:16 PM
It's 2k sports guys we should know by now that all they are good at is not adding key commitments to their games ex. Crew -_- I've been waiting on draymon green gor my wzrriors still I get nothing. P.s lets keep pestering 2k to add crew mode OR at least pick up games with 5 players and the option to invite friends they expect us to buy the game but they don't grant our commands but without us they'd have no jobs so lets press them to add what we ask for.

# 168 SwaggerCoach @ 10/30/12 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313entlogic
It's 2k sports guys we should know by now that all they are good at is not adding key commitments to their games ex. Crew -_- I've been waiting on draymon green gor my wzrriors still I get nothing. P.s lets keep pestering 2k to add crew mode OR at least pick up games with 5 players and the option to invite friends they expect us to buy the game but they don't grant our commands but without us they'd have no jobs so lets press them to add what we ask for.
I agree with your suggestion to consistently communicate what we want to 2Ksports.

However, I must disagree with fervor that the OS community dictates whether or not the employees at 2K sports maintain their income based solely on a group of less than 50,000 people.

# 169 FlashMack @ 10/30/12 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglerock562
The overall major problem that I see with roster updates, is that there are people coming out and screaming for an update at different avenues. Think about this for a minute, it's a ROSTER update. A roster to me is a group of players that are contracted to a team. Shoes, socks, headbands, elbow pads, knee pads are NOT ROSTER updates. Those would be called ACCESSORY updates. (Note the difference in the word Roster and Accessory). They didn't put a roster update out when they updated arenas did they? No, and why? Because they were ARENA updates, nothing to do with a ROSTER.

All of those screaming about a team's socks being white or black, seriously who sits there and focus on the socks of players when you are playing the game? I don't think Wade wearing white socks on the road is going to suddenly make him play like Smush Parker, he's still Wade and going to play like Wade and plus did I miss the memo when socks even linked to the ratings?

A Roster update is for the those of us who seem to not grasp the concept all about the team's rosters and the PLAYERS contracted to that team who are on that roster.

I do acknowledge that 2K brings this type of heat onto themselves. For most of us who are roster makers, we have already since the first week of the game's release found and unlocked the 2nd rounders, the hidden free agents who are on the disc, so complaining that Terell Harris or Darius Johnson-Odom aren't in the game, guess what....they are, they are just hidden (let that sink in for just a minute before you mind goes haywire).

I do agree that having all those players hidden on the game disc that it is not very hard for 2K to unlock them and add them to the overall roster set, heck about 90% of us already have and it didn't take no more then 10-20 minutes probably. So 2K, you do bring a lot of the harsh criticism and negative feedback on yourselves because you simply have to spend 5-10 minutes (if that) and do what 90% of us have already done and unlock/unhide the players and then you are being praised to the heavens for such a fantastic roster update.

Yes, I understand that some players might not be on the game disc at all and that 2K is where your lack of attention to detail has slipped. Players like Shved, Claver, Freeland, Singler, Teletovic, Wallace, you should have made those 6 players your first priority (give them all cyberfaces) and upload into the roster set and hear the praise from everyone for a job well done. There can't be anything in those players contracts holding them up legally from being in the game can there be?

If the future roster updates for the rest of 2K13 are going to be minimal and disappointing might I just suggest not doing them at all? I mean why put yourself out there to be hit by the negative feedback when you could just throw your hands up and say "guess what folks, no updates for the rest of the year". After all, if we were able to go in and unlock and unhide all the hidden players on the game disc that means they in a way wanted us to at some point, if not they would've have made it a b*tch to crack.

How do you unlock them? I'm confused

# 170 Paul Pierce_OS @ 10/30/12 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashMack
How do you unlock them? I'm confused
Leftos tool, check the custom roster section. For people offline I still don't get why they use the official roster.

Online is basically screwed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

# 171 313entlogic @ 10/30/12 10:46 PM
True but if the say if 30,000 people decided not to buy their game then they start cutting back leaving many without work

# 172 SwaggerCoach @ 10/30/12 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313entlogic
True but if the say if 30,000 people decided not to buy their game then they start cutting back leaving many without work
2K12 sold over 4 million copies.

I'm estimating (probably HUGELY over-estimating) there are about 40-50,000 active members on OS (and on the 2K forum).

50,000 is less than 1.5% of 4 million.

You tell me if that dictates whether or not 2K starts "leaving people without work."

There are MILLIONS of hungry casual gamers out there that will drive 2K's sales...I actually think it is AWESOME that 2K even bothers listening to us with how negative a lot of us are...I understand we can be frustrated when the company promises us things and then doesn't keep its word...I get that it's irritating because I'm irritated about it too.

But the level of vitrol thrown at this company is getting ridiculous, IMO.

# 173 STLRams @ 10/30/12 11:21 PM
I just want the correct players on the team, with updated teams coaching tendencies and updated/fixed playbooks(Lakers Princeton hybrid offense)

# 174 briggm @ 10/30/12 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdinger80
Look, no offense fellas but all this "extra stuff" post release costs them money to work on and release so the less of it they do, the less money they have to spend on development of all this post release content.

The higher ups DO NOT want them working on this stuff because they've already made their money on units sold and whatever money they make through virtual currency is icing. All I'm saying is YOU ARE NOT OWED ANY OF THIS POST RELEASE CONTENT. You paid $60 for the game you bought in august THAT'S. IT. Whatever you get from here on out is a LUXURY. So be happy your getting this pathetic crap for free or just trade the game in. I'm not trying to piss anyone off, I'm just stating what I think the reality of this situation is and what it ALWAYS will be.
Nonsense. 2K advertise the official roster updates as being a key feature of the game, so to refer to them as "luxuries" is absurd. At the very least there's a tacit agreement in place indicating that 2K will provide us with roster updates accurately reflecting the 12-13 season.

It's almost like some people think 2K are doing this stuff out of the kindness of their hearts. No, we've paid/are paying for it and thus have every right to expect roster updates be delivered in a timely manner and to an acceptable standard.

And it probably wouldn't even be an issue if we at least knew that a complete roster was being worked on and would eventually be made available. Going on past iterations of the game however, we know this is highly unlikely to be the case and a good portion of players will still be missing come playoff time.

# 175 c15dubb @ 10/30/12 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
I just want the correct players on the team, with updated teams coaching tendencies and updated/fixed playbooks(Lakers Princeton hybrid offense)

just heard them saying that on tv lol

# 176 Jermyn @ 10/30/12 11:48 PM
Guys was the announcement to release it in the morning made on Tuesday over there and the time being around 8pm there atm?

So safe to say its over 12 hours away? I'm in Australia, just need to know how much time I must bide.

# 177 XenoZograscope @ 10/30/12 11:52 PM
On top of that if it was a mistake why couldn't they just simply release the right the roster file to correct the mistake, I think they was just trying to buy some time to work on the roster now.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

# 178 MrBigShot1 @ 10/30/12 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by briggm
Nonsense. 2K advertise the official roster updates as being a key feature of the game, so to refer to them as "luxuries" is absurd. At the very least there's a tacit agreement in place indicating that 2K will provide us with roster updates accurately reflecting the 12-13 season.

It's almost like some people think 2K are doing this stuff out of the kindness of their hearts. No, we've paid/are paying for it and thus have every right to expect roster updates be delivered in a timely manner and to an acceptable standard.

And it probably wouldn't even be an issue if we at least knew that a complete roster was being worked on and would eventually be made available. Going on past iterations of the game however, we know this is highly unlikely to be the case and a good portion of players will still be missing come playoff time.
QFT. This man speaks the truth. Luxurious? Screw that. Nba Live 10 use to have DAILY roster updates. It isn't as if it would take them more than 20 mins to update every roster with all of the players. As mentioned, 2k ADVERTISES this as apart of their product, so they should follow up on it. A roster update a month isn't too much to ask for. Unfortunately, not only do they come less frequently than that, when they announced the end up delayed, and then once again delayed after that. This is tradition.

# 179 superj @ 10/31/12 12:02 AM
All complaints aside...thank for the 411 on the update.

# 180 BigStevieCool26 @ 10/31/12 12:12 AM
I hope James White is finally on the Knicks roster this update, cause I wanna do a CAL with him

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.