Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

NOTRE DAME AND OREGON LEAD IN FIRST ROUND OF NCAA FOOTBALL COVER VOTE

Vote Now to Give Your Team a Chance to Land a Spot in the Next Round

January 3, 2013 – As the first round of voting enters the homestretch, Notre Dame and Oregon currently lead all schools in the quest to secure the next NCAA Football cover. Other powerhouses such as Alabama, Michigan and LSU also currently sit above the cut line, as do a few surprise upstarts like Clemson, Army and Navy. Fans of other teams still have a chance to pull off a comeback, as voting on the first round will continue through Monday. South Carolina, USC, Virginia Tech and others stand under 500 votes behind, and Boise State is currently less than 300 votes away from playing spoiler once more. Teams advancing to the second round of the Cover Vote will be announced on Facebook at halftime of the BCS National Championship Game on Monday, January 7th.

Here’s the full list of the 32 schools currently primed to enter the next round.

Totals have been calculated through votes on both the primary polls on Facebook as well as several smaller polls highlighting rivalries, traditions, legendary college football players and more. There’s still time to vote, so head over to the NCAA Football Facebook page now to support your school!

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Arronwy @ 01/03/13 06:11 PM
This is bull**** because Kentucky and Penn State had about 8000 more votes than either Oregon or Notre Dame. Not surprising EA lying and just pretending like we actually have a voice in what is on the cover. Don't even bother voting...it's just advertising posed as a poll.

# 2 Bigsheen @ 01/03/13 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arronwy
This is bull**** because Kentucky and Penn State had about 8000 more votes than either Oregon or Notre Dame. Not surprising EA lying and just pretending like we actually have a voice in what is on the cover. Don't even bother voting...it's just advertising posed as a poll.
Putting a Penn State player on the cover would be marketing suicide for EA. They are my favorite team so i voted for them, and they honestly have great candidates in Mike Mauti (an AA) and Gerald Hodges (an AA by some sources) and both will succeed in the NFL. But like i said, putting a PSU player on the cover even if they were in the lead would never happen seeing EA's past. But i guess well see.

# 3 LionsFanNJ @ 01/03/13 11:23 PM
Ok. Kentucky was one of the top teams and now they're not even a choice going forward? Sham of a poll and not unexpected.

# 4 goroyals @ 01/04/13 09:29 AM
Apparently Notre Dame fans count for 4x as much of a person as Kentucky fans, or at least in EA Math.

Seriously EA? I have NCAA on my buying list for the first time since 2010, all you guys have to do to get my money is get to summer without giving me a reason NOT to buy. So what do you do? You offend me with a blatant lie in January. Put freaking Mickey Mouse on the cover for all I care, but don't create an event to show me how much I don't matter.

# 5 sportzbro @ 01/04/13 11:26 AM
EA, stop lying...we're used to it now

# 6 SkillzKillz719 @ 01/04/13 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Manti Te'o is your next cover, the voting has never mattered in EA polls for anything.
Lol. Either him or Kenjon Barner it seems like...

# 7 ehovUOfan @ 01/04/13 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Yeah the fight is fixed, none of this voting stuff really counts, ND will win and Manti Teo will get the cover, he was Heisman finalist, had an incredible year and is a senior. The actual Heisman winner will not make the cover. Kenjon Barner will not be the cover athlete when half the country only knows about De'Anthony Thomas. EA tries once again to make us feel like we are apart of the gaming process. That's pure lies, how long have people been complaining about dreads and now their finally in.
And they're not going to put a player on the cover who'll still be playing in college next season. They always wind up putting a player who'll be playing at the next level, due to marketing and NCAA eligibility factors.

# 8 bigbob @ 01/04/13 05:39 PM
Almost as bad as ESPN's Contest that they ran a few months ago that gave a scholarship or something to a school. Penn State was winning and then out of no where, every team in the Top 5 dropped out of the Top 15 after apparently losing votes.

# 9 FroznYogurt @ 01/05/13 11:23 AM
Typical EA...

# 10 Shibito @ 01/06/13 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
How would it be marketing suicide? Those players had nothing to do with Sandusky. I would not have an issue with a Penn State player on the cover. It won't happen because even though they had a good season, no bowl, no real marquee players so putting a PSU player on wouldn't be the beneficial. EA is trying to act like the consumer makes a difference but we don't, just buy our game no matter what.
Even though those players had nothing to do with it, the average American sees Penn State in a very clouded state now. During the trial, many of my co-workers felt Penn State should have lost their football program all together and blamed the University as well as Sandusky.

We may know better, but the average buyer likely doesn't.

# 11 This Is Michigan @ 01/08/13 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Manti Te'o is your next cover, the voting has never mattered in EA polls for anything.
Who? Did he even play last night? Did any of nd's team?

# 12 El Capahoe @ 01/08/13 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is Michigan
Who? Did he even play last night? Did any of nd's team?
I loved Kelly's halftime interview..The only way we have a chance to win this is if Alabama doesn't show up for the 2nd half

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.