Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Thanks to chrisjohnson83 (who has already confirmed his legit copy of the game with me), we have screenshots of the overall team ratings for MLB 13 The Show. This includes batting, pitching and defensive team ratings.

The ratings are accurate as of the January 24th roster update, so there will probably be subtle changes before release date on March 5th.

Overall Team Rating
  • 1. Detroit Tigers
  • 2. St. Louis Cardinals
  • 3. Boston Red Sox
  • 4. Los Angeles Angels
  • 5. Toronto Blue Jays
  • 6. Texas Rangers
  • 7. Washington Nationals
  • 8. Atlanta Braves
  • 9. Cincinnati Reds
  • 10. Philadelphia Phillies
  • 11. New York Yankees
  • 12. Los Angeles Dodgers
  • 13. Colorado Rockies
  • 14. Chicago White Sox
  • 15. Arizona Diamondbacks
  • 16. Tampa Bay Rays
  • 17. San Francisco Giants
  • 18. Oakland Athletics
  • 19. Kansas City Royals
  • 20. Milwaukee Brewers
  • 21. Baltimore Orioles
  • 22. Pittsburgh Pirates
  • 23. Seattle Mariners
  • 24. Cleveland Indians
  • 25. San Diego Padres
  • 26. Minnesota Twins
  • 27. Chicago Cubs
  • 28. New York Mets
  • 29. Miami Marlins
  • 30. Houston Astros
Team Batting
  • 1. Detroit Tigers
  • 2. Los Angeles Angels
  • 3. Colorado Rockies
  • 4. Boston Red Sox
  • 5. Texas Rangers
  • 6. Toronto Blue Jays
  • 7. Cincinnati Reds
  • 8. St. Louis Cardinals
  • 9. Washington Nationals
  • 10. Los Angeles Dodgers
  • 11. New York Yankees
  • 12. Atlanta Braves
  • 13. Philadelphia Phillies
  • 14. Milwaukee Brewers
  • 15. Baltimore Orioles
  • 16. Arizona Diamondbacks
  • 17. Chicago White Sox
  • 18. Kansas City Royals
  • 19. Oakland Athletics
  • 20. Pittsburgh Pirates
  • 21. Cleveland Indians
  • 22. San Francisco Giants
  • 23. Seattle Mariners
  • 24. Tampa Bay Rays
  • 25. Miami Marlins
  • 26. New York Mets
  • 27. San Diego Padres
  • 28. Minnesota Twins
  • 29. Chicago Cubs
  • 30. Houston Astros
Team Pitching
  • 1. Philadelphia Phillies
  • 2. Washington Nationals
  • 3. Atlanta Braves
  • 4. St. Louis Cardinals
  • 5. Tampa Bay Rays
  • 6. New York Yankees
  • 7. Toronto Blue Jays
  • 8. Los Angeles Dodgers
  • 9. San Francisco Giants
  • 10. Boston Red Sox
  • 11. Cincinnati Reds
  • 12. Texas Rangers
  • 13. Detroit Tigers
  • 14. Los Angeles Angels
  • 15. Arizona Diamondbacks
  • 16. Oakland Athletics
  • 17. Chicago White Sox
  • 18. Kansas City Royals
  • 19. San Diego Padres
  • 20. Seattle Mariners
  • 21. Cleveland Indians
  • 22. Pittsburgh Pirates
  • 23. Colorado Rockies
  • 24. Milwaukee Brewers
  • 25. Baltimore Orioles
  • 26. Chicago Cubs
  • 27. Minnesota Twins
  • 28. New York Mets
  • 29. Houston Astros
  • 30. Miami Marlins
Team Defense
  • 1. New York Yankees
  • 2. Los Angeles Dodgers
  • 3. Los Angeles Angels
  • 4. Tampa Bay Rays
  • 5. Cincinnati Reds
  • 6. Philadelphia Phillies
  • 7. Atlanta Braves
  • 8. Chicago Cubs
  • 9. Baltimore Orioles
  • 10. San Francisco Giants
  • 11. Texas Rangers
  • 12. Washington Nationals
  • 13. Colorado Rockies
  • 14. St. Louis Cardinals
  • 15. Boston Red Sox
  • 16. Kansas City Royals
  • 17. Arizona Diamondbacks
  • 18. San Diego Padres
  • 19. Detroit Tigers
  • 20. Houston Astros
  • 21. Pittsburgh Pirates
  • 22. Cleveland Indians
  • 23. Seattle Mariners
  • 24. Oakland Athletics
  • 25. Miami Marlins
  • 26. Toronto Blue Jays
  • 27. Minnesota Twins
  • 28. Milwaukee Brewers
  • 29. Chicago White Sox
  • 30. New York Mets

MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 341 Dannyc @ 02/28/13 10:57 PM
PECOTA projected the Mets for 80 wins this season, they aren't that bad.

# 342 ParisB @ 03/01/13 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyc
PECOTA projected the Mets for 80 wins this season, they aren't that bad.
Yes they are. In fact, that seems generous.

# 343 cardinalbird5 @ 03/01/13 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
As I've said, I've heard and talked to way too many people who know way more about it than anyone here dispute that. Tough to quantify yes, but a factor without a doubt.

80's A's team was also managed by someone who was a master of managing personalities and players. Of all the people in that organization I've known, never really heard about in team hatred.

You obviously have to have talent to be succesful, but it's not the only thing required. If it was, the teams the list of World Series winning teams would look a lot different than it does today.
Sure it helps, but my point was that you are not going to win a World Series based on team chemistry alone. For all we know the team with the best team chemistry could have been the Royals or Twins or someone bad. We only know so much and as much as the camera's and media shows us. I remember the Cards won a WS in 06 with an above average team ,if that, while Rolen and LaRussa hated one another. Instead people labeled us as "lucky" more than anything, which may be true to an extent, but we were also just a team that got healthy at that right time.

It isn't really a competitive advantage in baseball. I also don't see how in the world they would implement a team chemistry rating into a baseball game besides giving every player an attribute increase, which I would hate to see. It'd be a silly rating they gave too mediocre teams that usually played above their heads and stats would suggest otherwise aka teams such as the Orioles and Giants.

I just hate when people say cliches such as "They won because they have heart!" or "They won because of their team chemistry" when in reality that had very little to do with it. Sure I said the same things when I was a 14 year old, but to believe those apply to MLB is really pushing it.

# 344 MrOldboy @ 03/01/13 08:13 AM
If the ratings are based off of the entire organization that should change. It should represent the players on the 25 man roster. The only time I can really see the overall team ratings come into play is online as I'm sure some people base their decision on this, or base their opinion of opponents off of this. "Yeah, great, nice job picking the Tigers everytime." People who know won't care, but those who don't and think its based off of the 25 man roster might. I actually thought that they were based off of the 25 man roster until this thread.

# 345 cardinalbird5 @ 03/01/13 12:17 PM
Cards should be number 1 if it was based on entire organization. They have some studs all throughout the minors.

# 346 HustlinOwl @ 03/01/13 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
Cards should be number 1 if it was based on entire organization. They have some studs all throughout the minors.
fake minors with default rosters

# 347 MrOldboy @ 03/01/13 12:19 PM
Quote:
But its not top prospects, its every player in the system.

# 348 Cavicchi @ 03/01/13 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
fake minors with default rosters
So the fake minors don't have fake players to mimic the real player?

# 349 HustlinOwl @ 03/01/13 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
So the fake minors don't have fake players to mimic the real player?
nope, wait for OSFM

# 350 Steve40 @ 03/01/13 01:53 PM
A better overall ranking of the teams IMO as of March 1st.
1. Nationals
2. Angels
3. Tigers
4. Blue Jays
5. Dodgers
6. Yankees
7. Cardinals
8. Reds
9. Rays
10. Rangers
11. Giants
12. Braves
13. Red Sox
14. Phillies
15. A's
16. Orioles
17. Diamondbacks
18. Royals
19. Brewers
20. White Sox
21. Pirates
22. Indians
23. Mariners
24. Rockies
25. Padres
26. Cubs
27. Twins
28. Mets
29. Marlins
30. Astros

# 351 cardinalbird5 @ 03/01/13 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40
A better overall ranking of the teams IMO as of March 1st.
1. Nationals
2. Angels
3. Tigers
4. Blue Jays
5. Dodgers
6. Yankees
7. Cardinals
8. Reds
9. Rays
10. Rangers
11. Giants
12. Braves
13. Red Sox
14. Phillies
15. A's
16. Orioles
17. Diamondbacks
18. Royals
19. Brewers
20. White Sox
21. Pirates
22. Indians
23. Mariners
24. Rockies
25. Padres
26. Cubs
27. Twins
28. Mets
29. Marlins
30. Astros
That looks pretty fair and was about what I was expecting. Did they release the update today?

# 352 Steve40 @ 03/01/13 04:27 PM
Quote:
That looks pretty fair and was about what I was expecting. Did they release the update today?
No they were not released as far as I know, that's just my personal opinion about how the teams should be ranked overall.

# 353 cardinalbird5 @ 03/01/13 05:14 PM
Well I think they are releasing a new roster on release day.

# 354 bdubz91 @ 03/01/13 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubz91
But i thought the Tigers had more talented players going into the world series than the Giants? Isn't that why they were the heavy favorites? You should just change your argument to "they were lucky". That's what most of the Giants haters say. Yeah luck will totally win you two world series in three years, fools. Good pitching, defense, and team chemistry in the playoffs won the world series.
My point is you said the team with more talent wins, well the Tigers were supposed to have "more talent", so what is the factor that made the Giants win? Playing together well as a group, unlike the Tigers.

# 355 tony montana 80 @ 03/03/13 02:41 PM
They did a bad job on the ratings theres a lot of problems i could talk about but the biggest one i see is the SF GIANTS who WON the WORLD SERIES this YEAR and 2 out of the last 3 years are ranked 17 overall are u kiding me. You have the tigers as the number 1 team and the giants sweep them in the world series and there ranked 17 and the giants won there division the nl west and you have the rockies and diamondbacks ahead of them no one thinks they will be better then the giants. The Giants should be in the top 5 overall teams. You dont win 2 of the last 3 world series by luck how could they do so bad on some of the ratings. Also i have to say, Boston number 3 overall give me a break they cant even make the playoffs.

# 356 tony montana 80 @ 03/03/13 02:50 PM
And i dont think they know how many giants fans there are we have sold out every home game for 3 years in a row we have one of the biggest fan base in baseball right now and they just pissed all of us off with this disrespect of the giants not a good move to make. We won 2 of the last 3 world series we deserve to be one of the top teams in the game.

# 357 cardinalbird5 @ 03/03/13 06:44 PM
What does 3 years ago have to do with anything? I don't think you guys realize how the rankings work for the 301,899th time. If you like the Giants, use the Giants. They are going to represent pretty accurately how they play in real life. They are not going to give them a magical "team chemistry" boost to make them play like the best team ever, because they won the world series 2 out of 3 years.

# 358 tony montana 80 @ 03/03/13 07:58 PM
3 years ago dosnt matter only last year matters and that is the year we won the world series i bring up 3 years ago only to show it was not a fluke and they are consistente. They have good players chemistry dose not help you hit when you are up there by your self or make you pitch when the pitcher is by them self or field the ball. The players the giants have are good and the team is and the should portray that in the game. I think everyone would agree they should be ranked higher. We have one of the best teams in baseball and we got the trophys to prove it end of discostion.

# 359 bkrich83 @ 03/03/13 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony montana 80
They did a bad job on the ratings theres a lot of problems i could talk about but the biggest one i see is the SF GIANTS who WON the WORLD SERIES this YEAR and 2 out of the last 3 years are ranked 17 overall are u kiding me. You have the tigers as the number 1 team and the giants sweep them in the world series and there ranked 17 and the giants won there division the nl west and you have the rockies and diamondbacks ahead of them no one thinks they will be better then the giants. The Giants should be in the top 5 overall teams. You dont win 2 of the last 3 world series by luck how could they do so bad on some of the ratings. Also i have to say, Boston number 3 overall give me a break they cant even make the playoffs.
Quote:
And i dont think they know how many giants fans there are we have sold out every home game for 3 years in a row we have one of the biggest fan base in baseball right now and they just pissed all of us off with this disrespect of the giants not a good move to make. We won 2 of the last 3 world series we deserve to be one of the top teams in the game.
Quote:
3 years ago dosnt matter only last year matters and that is the year we won the world series i bring up 3 years ago only to show it was not a fluke and they are consistente. They have good players chemistry dose not help you hit when you are up there by your self or make you pitch when the pitcher is by them self or field the ball. The players the giants have are good and the team is and the should portray that in the game. I think everyone would agree they should be ranked higher. We have one of the best teams in baseball and we got the trophys to prove it end of discostion.
These are the types of posts that make this thread awesome.

Well done!

# 360 Hockeynut99 @ 03/03/13 11:37 PM
Well, I hate the Giants, but they did win 2 out of the last 3 World Series.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.