Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Thanks to chrisjohnson83 (who has already confirmed his legit copy of the game with me), we have screenshots of the overall team ratings for MLB 13 The Show. This includes batting, pitching and defensive team ratings.

The ratings are accurate as of the January 24th roster update, so there will probably be subtle changes before release date on March 5th.

Overall Team Rating
  • 1. Detroit Tigers
  • 2. St. Louis Cardinals
  • 3. Boston Red Sox
  • 4. Los Angeles Angels
  • 5. Toronto Blue Jays
  • 6. Texas Rangers
  • 7. Washington Nationals
  • 8. Atlanta Braves
  • 9. Cincinnati Reds
  • 10. Philadelphia Phillies
  • 11. New York Yankees
  • 12. Los Angeles Dodgers
  • 13. Colorado Rockies
  • 14. Chicago White Sox
  • 15. Arizona Diamondbacks
  • 16. Tampa Bay Rays
  • 17. San Francisco Giants
  • 18. Oakland Athletics
  • 19. Kansas City Royals
  • 20. Milwaukee Brewers
  • 21. Baltimore Orioles
  • 22. Pittsburgh Pirates
  • 23. Seattle Mariners
  • 24. Cleveland Indians
  • 25. San Diego Padres
  • 26. Minnesota Twins
  • 27. Chicago Cubs
  • 28. New York Mets
  • 29. Miami Marlins
  • 30. Houston Astros
Team Batting
  • 1. Detroit Tigers
  • 2. Los Angeles Angels
  • 3. Colorado Rockies
  • 4. Boston Red Sox
  • 5. Texas Rangers
  • 6. Toronto Blue Jays
  • 7. Cincinnati Reds
  • 8. St. Louis Cardinals
  • 9. Washington Nationals
  • 10. Los Angeles Dodgers
  • 11. New York Yankees
  • 12. Atlanta Braves
  • 13. Philadelphia Phillies
  • 14. Milwaukee Brewers
  • 15. Baltimore Orioles
  • 16. Arizona Diamondbacks
  • 17. Chicago White Sox
  • 18. Kansas City Royals
  • 19. Oakland Athletics
  • 20. Pittsburgh Pirates
  • 21. Cleveland Indians
  • 22. San Francisco Giants
  • 23. Seattle Mariners
  • 24. Tampa Bay Rays
  • 25. Miami Marlins
  • 26. New York Mets
  • 27. San Diego Padres
  • 28. Minnesota Twins
  • 29. Chicago Cubs
  • 30. Houston Astros
Team Pitching
  • 1. Philadelphia Phillies
  • 2. Washington Nationals
  • 3. Atlanta Braves
  • 4. St. Louis Cardinals
  • 5. Tampa Bay Rays
  • 6. New York Yankees
  • 7. Toronto Blue Jays
  • 8. Los Angeles Dodgers
  • 9. San Francisco Giants
  • 10. Boston Red Sox
  • 11. Cincinnati Reds
  • 12. Texas Rangers
  • 13. Detroit Tigers
  • 14. Los Angeles Angels
  • 15. Arizona Diamondbacks
  • 16. Oakland Athletics
  • 17. Chicago White Sox
  • 18. Kansas City Royals
  • 19. San Diego Padres
  • 20. Seattle Mariners
  • 21. Cleveland Indians
  • 22. Pittsburgh Pirates
  • 23. Colorado Rockies
  • 24. Milwaukee Brewers
  • 25. Baltimore Orioles
  • 26. Chicago Cubs
  • 27. Minnesota Twins
  • 28. New York Mets
  • 29. Houston Astros
  • 30. Miami Marlins
Team Defense
  • 1. New York Yankees
  • 2. Los Angeles Dodgers
  • 3. Los Angeles Angels
  • 4. Tampa Bay Rays
  • 5. Cincinnati Reds
  • 6. Philadelphia Phillies
  • 7. Atlanta Braves
  • 8. Chicago Cubs
  • 9. Baltimore Orioles
  • 10. San Francisco Giants
  • 11. Texas Rangers
  • 12. Washington Nationals
  • 13. Colorado Rockies
  • 14. St. Louis Cardinals
  • 15. Boston Red Sox
  • 16. Kansas City Royals
  • 17. Arizona Diamondbacks
  • 18. San Diego Padres
  • 19. Detroit Tigers
  • 20. Houston Astros
  • 21. Pittsburgh Pirates
  • 22. Cleveland Indians
  • 23. Seattle Mariners
  • 24. Oakland Athletics
  • 25. Miami Marlins
  • 26. Toronto Blue Jays
  • 27. Minnesota Twins
  • 28. Milwaukee Brewers
  • 29. Chicago White Sox
  • 30. New York Mets

MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Rules @ 02/22/13 12:50 PM
Was this a random draw?

O's that far down?

Red Sox's that high?

Did I miss some serious changes in the offseason?

Stay tuned as I will restore the O's back to greatness

# 42 Iceman87GT @ 02/22/13 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
Admittedly I haven't kept up with all the moves made by the Orioles (though a precursory look seems to show that the bullpen remains largely intact) but how does their Bullpen rank? I understand the Starting Pitching bringing the overall rating down but considering they had statistically one of the best bullpens in the majors last year it seems absurd that they would be all the way at 22.
Never mind 22 was Pittsburgh's, the O's are ranked 25th... Hopefully they play better than that in the game (this is my first year with a PS3 so I have no idea what to expect in regards to ratings vs. performance in game).

# 43 ebarws6 @ 02/22/13 12:53 PM
So many homer comments I want to say right now.

# 44 urmomsfavplaya @ 02/22/13 12:53 PM
Do not understand the overall rankings.. They do not reflect the individual category rankings at all

# 45 eaw913 @ 02/22/13 12:58 PM
NL East pitching is stacked! Go Braves!

# 46 catch212 @ 02/22/13 01:01 PM
Why do people get so worked up about this stuff? It's the individual player ratings that matter, people! Relax...

# 47 Majingir @ 02/22/13 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigadkc
Red Sox 3rd overall, 4th in batting and 10th in pitching? WOW.

Yankees 1st in defense?
In 2012, Red Sox finished 9th in runs per game and 11th in OPS, so surprised they're 4th in batting. Pitching wise in 2012...27th in ERA,23rd in WHIP.

I know things change(like players got injured,moved around and stuff) during season so their 2013 roster is a much diff team than the one which influenced most of these stats, but really don't think it'd be that much.

Yankees as a top defensive team I might actually agree with. 2012 they finished 3rd in the league in fielding%. I'm guessing The Show rated guys like Jeter,Arod still fairly good, so those guys,combined with the already good Yankees defense would prob be at the top.

Still surprised at Jays defense however. Considering the fact that only 2 of their positions are rated outside of the top 13 in the MLB in fielding %.

Alot of variable factors go into ratings, but if I had to rank Jays, batting,pitching would be basically same as how the show ranked. But defense I'd rank them between 10-15.

# 48 Lovesports @ 02/22/13 01:17 PM
Nationals pitching is first hands down. Their offense should be higher than 9th also. They did have the best record in the majors last season and only got better in the offseason

# 49 johnnyg83 @ 02/22/13 01:19 PM
White Sox pitching waaay underrated. IMHO.

Edit: I take it back. 2012 stats were not as good as I'd thought.

# 50 Jasong7777 @ 02/22/13 01:23 PM
My Orioles got disrespected.

# 51 dalger21 @ 02/22/13 01:29 PM
Pretty much how these things go....some fan will question something that is subjective to the individual. The rankings won't really matter once you get the game so I'm not sure why so many people are making a big deal out of it.

# 52 pirates1fan @ 02/22/13 01:30 PM
First of all, chrisjohnson83, I hate you. I mean that in the nicest way though.

Secondly, . I couldn't give a ding dong about dumb team ratings. GAMEPLAY, NOW!

# 53 garyjr33 @ 02/22/13 01:32 PM
Tell me how the Rockies are rated higher than the Giants? Also, how are the Red Sox rated #3 over the rest of AL East? They are a mess right now. I am so confused by these ratings. The rankings ultimately do not matter but it is just baffling.

# 54 echotripper76 @ 02/22/13 01:35 PM
Shouldn't we all be taking into account that each individual players ratings are weighted in favor of the most recent season, but include the past two as well...and if these overall team rankings are a combination of all of the individual ratings, wouldn't they reflect this three year period as well? That would make more sense to me.

# 55 Officerbill8 @ 02/22/13 01:51 PM
Everyone needs to relax on these ratings. They don't really mean anything and seem to be slightly flawed anyways.

For pitching...I read somewhere that a big chunk of the teams pitching overall goes into how good your closer is. (closer is important but it should mainly go off starting pitching)...because in real life, that's 75% of pitching (see SF Giants the past 3 years)...their offense is below average, but since their starting pitching is so good...that's why they have won 2 of the last 3 world series.

And pertaining to hitting, the show calculates a teams hitting overall from 60% of your starters and 40% of the bench.

Now don't get me wrong, a good bench is important to have. But it shouldn't calculate into 40% of a teams overall hitting. I would think 15-20%.

Take the 2012 New York Yankees for example...their bench was not that great. However, since they had regulars that were good players....like Cano, Teixeria, Jeter, Granderson, Russell Martin, Swisher, Ichiro (who are all pretty durable players for the most part)...they were still able to be 2nd in MLB in runs, 2nd in OBP And 1st in Slug %

# 56 Yanks22 @ 02/22/13 01:58 PM
I could care less about the ratings. Is anybody else curious how he got th game 2 weeks early? That's what I'm more interested in haha. Now I wanna hunt it down early too.

# 57 TheKnack @ 02/22/13 02:08 PM
I'm usually not a big proponent on ratings. Mostly because I don't care.

But the Seattle Mariners really got shafted.

Granted, I can understand they're ranked 23rd overall. That's fair. No quandry there. But 23rd in defense?

Virtually the entire infield has been a finalist for Gold Gloves in the past two years. Franklin Gutierrez in center field DOES have a Glove from 2011.

So does Jesus Montero and Michael Morse bring the defense down THAT much?

# 58 Curahee @ 02/22/13 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks22
I could care less about the ratings. Is anybody else curious how he got th game 2 weeks early? That's what I'm more interested in haha. Now I wanna hunt it down early too.

I dont know who he is, but I know when I worked at Game Crazy we got games up to 10 days early. It was VERY easy for us to play them pre-release.

Some mom & pop shops sell them early too. I guess they dont care about release dates.

# 59 Bp2 Triz @ 02/22/13 02:15 PM
Hoping the tribe moves into the high teens w/ the addition of bourn... looking forward to the season

# 60 giantsharks @ 02/22/13 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3
They're ranked 17th because they didn't make any changes to improve

Just because they won it all doesn't mean they should be the best team overall
. So why do they even play baseball then? To quote the great herman edwards, they play to win the game! The giants won the world series, so they are the best team overall. Theyve won two out of the last 3 world series and they get 17th? I know the lineup has changed but the pitching staff is almost identical. The cardinals and giants are a very similar and cardinals are at 2. Cardinals have a better line up but the giants are definitely better then the red sox, rangers, phillies, yankees, rockies, white sox, diamondbacks and rays. I mean cmon, ill even give your dodgers credit, they look better on paper, but that didnt get them very far last year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.