Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

One of the most anticipated features in MLB 13: The Show this season is The Show Live feature, which allows you to play any game of the MLB 2013 season with the correct rosters, pitching matchups, and conditions. Promised was situational accurate commentary, and other presentational touches to give you the feel that you are playing the exact game that is played in real life.

The initial returns of The Show Live's first full day on the job seems to be somewhat positive. However, there are several roster gaffes being reported, as well as other odds and ends including live scores not updating fast within the mode.

There are surely bugs that will continue to be worked out -- we will have our full review of this mode coming up later this week after we get some more time with it.

How is your first day with The Show Live going?

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 LastActionHero @ 04/02/13 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colocolo
Is MLB Live just an exhibition game with upated Roster? What is my "benefit" to play an MLB Live game?
It holds all the stats from the real season.
So when you play the 2nd game as the Nationals you would see and probably hear Harper hit 2 homeruns last game

# 22 BrandH @ 04/02/13 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtrain
Well I think we're going to have this problem anytime a prospect is called up. Imagine if Profar got called up tomorrow and started? Part of the fun would be to play the key moment of that players debut...kind of like Madden Moments.
Profar is already in the game. He played in an MLB game last year so there will be no waiting for him to get approved.

# 23 bobtrain @ 04/02/13 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandH
Profar is already in the game. He played in an MLB game last year so there will be no waiting for him to get approved.
Using him as an example.

# 24 bonannogiovanni @ 04/02/13 09:54 AM
I noticed that the scoreboards are live too, but is there an in game score ticker? I thought it was cause it's an option in the presentation settings.

# 25 MatrixTN @ 04/02/13 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
I noticed that the scoreboards are live too, but is there an in game score ticker? I thought it was cause it's an option in the presentation settings.
I believe the in-game ticker is franchise/season only.

# 26 HustlinOwl @ 04/02/13 10:55 AM
now we just need this enabled for online.

# 27 daddies3angels @ 04/02/13 11:35 AM
Played my 1st game on this and won. Funnies part is though that guys on roster not even close to opening day roster. Joe Mather is on the Cubs bench. He not even in organization.

# 28 Scribe1980 @ 04/02/13 12:00 PM
Played Phillies-Braves last night; both benches a man short (4) because, I assume, of one PA being the image licensing policy of MLB, as opposed to making the 25-man.

For the Phillies, the missing bench guy was Ender Inciarte. Don't know who it was for Atl.

Hurts playability value, IMO, but there's nothing you can do about it.

Doesn't mean I won't play Live Show at all -- just as a 1-off change of pace and nothing more.

# 29 Scribe1980 @ 04/02/13 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Evan Gattis for the braves, backup catcher and OF.
Thanks. So I'm guessing you tried Live and noticed the bench shortage, too.

# 30 EnigmaNemesis @ 04/02/13 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
OK, what the difference between this mode and exhibition mode besides you get to play the real life match-ups, with updated rosters, and weather conditions?
See above (er below)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
It holds all the stats from the real season.
So when you play the 2nd game as the Nationals you would see and probably hear Harper hit 2 homeruns last game
Commentary and presentation based on real life situations, weather, rosters, etc.

Just a fun mode for people who are purists with that.

# 31 parky_17 @ 04/02/13 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
See above (er below)...

Commentary and presentation based on real life situations, weather, rosters, etc.

Just a fun mode for people who are purists with that.
it's not really that pure if the rosters are wrong

# 32 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 04/02/13 12:57 PM
Went to play the Giants Dodgers game last night and in the SS position for the Dodgers it said TBD so I'm thinking it will just put one of the other bench options in the SS position...WRONG....It puts Hanley Ramirez in who is on the DL and our for the next 2 months

Really disappointing and totally ruined playing that game

# 33 sbmnky @ 04/02/13 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
now we just need this enabled for online.
Co-sign. This would be a great addition.

# 34 EnigmaNemesis @ 04/02/13 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parky_17
Can't please everyone. Pure enough in which they are legally allowed to do with players not in the MLBPA yet.

# 35 zfarrow @ 04/02/13 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parky_17
It's the 2nd full day of the season, people. Give them a few weeks. Isn't it obvious that all these "issues" are going to be taken care of? Of course the guys that aren't even in the game yet (due to MLBPA rules) can't be in the lineup! Give it two or three weeks and go play the game again. They'll be there.

This mode will be really cool when the season gets going, especially towards September and the Postseason!

# 36 nick_sr @ 04/02/13 01:32 PM
is the ticker going to work for this mode? Last night I watched a cpu vs cpu game between the marlins/nats and it was a thing of beauty.

# 37 EnigmaNemesis @ 04/02/13 01:38 PM
Not everyone is an RttS, Season, Franchise, Online/League, or MoM player.

There are a lot of Exhibition players. And this gives them a much much more fun experience to mirror the real season with.

I may not even do Franchise now with this mode in the game, since it provides a great alternative that I do not need to be heavily invested in since I primarily RttS already.

# 38 nemesis04 @ 04/02/13 02:16 PM
I am really going to like this mode. I like just jumping in and playing a game that has season presentation. I am not a huge stickler for rosters and the one yesterday was pretty close. I played last night and lost just as bad as the Yanks did (My God it is going to be a long season !)

# 39 knick9mm @ 04/02/13 02:36 PM
I just started up the rockies brewers game and the presentation still thinks it's opening day. They said it was. The records in the game were both 0-0

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

# 40 ghm125 @ 04/02/13 04:56 PM
yeah rosters can be close but pitching matchups is what should be correct currently trying to play april 2 dodgers vs giants ...and its matchup is cain vs Kershaw which took place april 1st?...is this how it is?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.