Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Quote:
Watch the official insider look video featuring exclusive gameplay footage now to find out how the new precision ball carrier moves in Madden NFL 25 will allow you to run free.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 TheBleedingRed21 @ 05/03/13 01:56 PM
I think this site would be happier if no information was posted for Madden.

Every information that has been released is filled with multiple pages of nothing but bashing.

Anways, the video looked decent. It still has a ways to go but no big time complaints besides the moves need to be slowed down and tuned.

EDIT::

Also the video looks to have been sped up quite a bit. One big thing that need to change if they are allowing this moves, take out the hideous jump back move where the defender is laying on the ground before he even jumps back. Looks awful.

# 162 Kingd803 @ 05/03/13 02:11 PM
I thought they removed zig zag running? I saw running without foot planting in there.

# 163 jpdavis82 @ 05/03/13 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21

Every information that has been released is filled with multiple pages of nothing but bashing.

Anways, the video looked decent. It still has a ways to go but no big time complaints besides the moves need to be slowed down and tuned.

Also the video looks to have been sped up quite a bit. One big thing that need to change if they are allowing this moves, take out the hideous jump back move where the defender is laying on the ground before he even jumps back. Looks awful.
I think so, at least as far as trailers go. We aren't even at E3 yet and people have already given up on Madden 25. What we are seeing, is footage that is probably 1-2 months old and is still being tuned and worked on as we speak. I understand EA's track record and I understand how things have gone in the past, but at this point(1st week of May) it is just as likely that these things have been fixed and tuned as it is that they won't be by the end of August. I can't tell everyone else what to do or how to feel, but personally I'm waiting until E3 hands on gameplay videos are out before I start to get too concerned about Madden 25.

# 164 jpdavis82 @ 05/03/13 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
I thought they removed zig zag running? I saw running without foot planting in there.
Can you give a specific example?

# 165 jbd345 @ 05/03/13 02:34 PM
It's the fact that people have way to high expectations for realisim in a video game. This is the last year in this gen. Did people honestly believe that there was going to be some sort dramatic overhaul by now???

# 166 jpdavis82 @ 05/03/13 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
It's the fact that people have way to high expectations for realisim in a video game. This is the last year in this gen. Did people honestly believe that there was going to be some sort dramatic overhaul by now???
Yeah most likely it will only be 3 months after it releases on 360/PS3 that it's released on PS4/Fusion,720?

# 167 Trick13 @ 05/03/13 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Dorian made a great post about running mechanics and fundamentals compared to this trailer, but I think to make the most fair comparison,we should be using NFL footage not college, the games are played at different speeds. So here are some real examples of the same HB's featured in this trailer.

Jamaal Charles
Spoiler

Ray Rice
Spoiler

Chris Johnson
Spoiler

Doug Martin
Spoiler

Demarco Murray
Spoiler

Trent Richardson
Spoiler
A couple things I took away from your post man.
First, I watched each of these vids from start to finish, counted 2 "open field" spins - all the rest were off of contact, would like to see EA have more spins off of contact -
second I did not see one single "jump sideways juke" in any of those vids - NOT ONE, but Madden's entire juke world is built off "jump jukes" - I miss the R/L/R motion on the sticks that created a shoulder "shimmy" into a hard cut - you see that far more often in NFL games than the "jump juke" and when you do see it in the NFL it is more of a "side step" or "slide motion"...

# 168 BezO @ 05/03/13 02:57 PM
Quote:
Can you give a specific example?
DeMarco Murray takes a hand-off & immediately turns about 45 degrees without planting. Alfred Morris turns up field about 45 degrees without a plant. And Chris Johnson appears to swerve between his juking. No zag after the zig, but those changes in direction seem to indicate zig zag running is still possible.

None of the plants appeared to be from simple left stick movement. They all seem to be triggered with the juke/spin buttons. Hard to tell for sure only seeing hightlights though.

# 169 Trick13 @ 05/03/13 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
DeMarco Murray takes a hand-off & immediately turns about 45 degrees without planting. Alfred Morris turns up field about 45 degrees without a plant. And Chris Johnson appears to swerve between his juking. No zag after the zig, but those changes in direction seem to indicate zig zag running is still possible.

None of the plants appeared to be from simple left stick movement. They all seem to be triggered with the juke/spin buttons. Hard to tell for sure only seeing hightlights though.
That is a major concern in my opinion, the left stick movements should force "foot-planting" and body "lean" and angle at which the legs, feet, ankles and ground are "interacting" with each other.

If "foot-planting" is not hard wired into all movement, including left stick changes in direction the game is going to be seriously flawed and all this "run free" stuff will be a colossal waste of time...

# 170 SageInfinite @ 05/03/13 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO

Yeah the zig zagging may not be possible, but that humming bird "floating" running is still apparent in the game. I'm just wondering how it's all gonna work out. Will that running be more effective than juking and planting?

I was really hoping they added the body lean as well as the hard cuts and plants. I think that's one of the reasons the running looks so weird. Also it's either players look like their floating slightly above the ground or their feet are sinking all the way through it. Just some funky stuff going on that I don't attribute to "early builds" because it's been in there for a couple of years. Just like a players legs going through his own legs. The natural movement is just messed up.

# 171 Trick13 @ 05/03/13 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
...Just some funky stuff going on that I don't attribute to "early builds" because it's been in there for a couple of years. Just like a players legs going through his own legs. The natural movement is just messed up.
That weird stuff is really annoying, ball goes through players hands, player disappears into stadium wall while celebrating a TD....

Is it really that difficult to make these things "solid" in terms of programming??? I am not a tech guy or programmer, but you would think the player models and the ground, at the very least, should be "solid matter" which objects (and other players) should not be able to occupy the same space at the same time. I don't get why that happens...

# 172 Only1LT @ 05/03/13 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21

Does the content of those videos not bear any responsibility for any of the bashing?

The bottom line is this. EA released the videos in April for the game. Did they release them so that we would NOT talk about them? If the game is much further along in development, and these videos aren't indicative of the game's current state, or of the retail game's quality, then why release them? You can't have it both ways.

How about if everyone said how great the videos are? Would you come on here and say you have no idea how the game will turn out based on those vids. The footage is months old. They could be messing everything up as we speak.

Seriously doubt it.

# 173 Only1LT @ 05/03/13 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
That's not a fact. I feel the exact opposite. I think people's expectations are way too low, actually. Notice I said "I think."

# 174 jpdavis82 @ 05/03/13 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
I agree with the previous criticisms of the "Jump Jukes"; that just doesn't happen....Then you consider the "jump juke" being played out in snow and rain games, the runner would fall down every time if the results of the "jump juke" was realistically represented....

Hope this is something EA Tiburon clean up...

Also hope that the how the runner cuts or changes directions while exclusively using the "left sick" has some tie in to how drastically the user pushes the stick to the left or right...Obviously, as the previous posters videos show, open field change of directions do not all require foot planting to perform; just need to ensure the zig-zag and gliding are eliminated as best as possible....
Here's the best jukes of all time, feel free to compare and contrast to the trailer

# 175 NDAlum @ 05/03/13 03:38 PM
Did they eliminate the hard left stick running you can do? The hard movements where you don't lose any running speed and can cut on a dime?

# 176 SageInfinite @ 05/03/13 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
That weird stuff is really annoying, ball goes through players hands, player disappears into stadium wall while celebrating a TD....

Is it really that difficult to make these things "solid" in terms of programming??? I am not a tech guy or programmer, but you would think the player models and the ground, at the very least, should be "solid matter" which objects (and other players) should not be able to occupy the same space at the same time. I don't get why that happens...
While those things are annoying they happen even in the stellar sports games for the most part, but Madden/NCAA they just stand out and happen so much more.

# 177 NDAlum @ 05/03/13 03:46 PM
It looks really bad to me (that .gif)

That animation is just really lame to begin with and definitely doesn't apply to what SHOULD happen there

# 178 SageInfinite @ 05/03/13 03:52 PM
Quote:
Here's the best jukes of all time, feel free to compare and contrast to the trailer

This video is just depressing after watching the Madden footage, lol. Just too many missing frames of animation to even come close. Not to mention the animations just lack natural movement.

# 179 TreFacTor @ 05/03/13 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
This video is just depressing after watching the Madden footage, lol. Just too many missing frames of animation to even come close. Not to mention the animations just lack natural movement.
Look closer to TGTSNBN than Madden, I don't think I would have showcased Brian Westbrook in a comparison to Madden but that's just me..

# 180 jpdavis82 @ 05/03/13 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
Look closer to TGTSNBN than Madden, I don't think I would have showcased Brian Westbrook in a comparison to Madden but that's just me..
SO you watched what one highlight and then quit? Westbrook isn't even in the video after the first 20 seconds.

TGTSNBN? What is that?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.