Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

Check out the NCAA Football 14 video featuring LSU vs. Texas A&M and post your thoughts.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 jpdavis82 @ 06/07/13 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UWfan206
Dude are we watching the same video...? You sure you don't work for EA...?
This is what I don't get, why if you have something positive to say about a EA game do you have to work for EA? Maybe he just likes what he sees. You don't and we're not saying you're wrong for not liking it.

Like I said, form YOUR OWN opinion and buy/don't buy based on that.

# 82 rspencer86 @ 06/07/13 03:58 PM
Even if this IS an early build, it just irks me that EA thinks they can put something out that looks this bad and assume people will come out in droves to buy it anyway. Unfortunately, they probably will.

No thanks. I'll stick to '12 until next gen. There really doesn't appear to be much difference anyway.

EDIT: Looks like DorianDon beat me to my point.

# 83 jpdavis82 @ 06/07/13 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
If this is such an old build, why would they even put this video out? What purpose does it serve? If they have something better for E3, why not just wait 3 days to show it off?

I mean, wow. The CB still has the momentum to stand up the RB like that? Why did the S just run into an invisible wall and slide off instead of finishing up the tackle? Where is the IE on this play?

The IE is CLEARLY seen here, when the TAMU guy and the LSU guy trip and go flying at the end.

With that being said, I actually like the way the TAMU guy puts his arms out and tries to catch himself, then how he rolls across the field after he's tripped. That looks better than it would have in Madden 13, I've played a TON of Madden 13, so that stood out to me.

# 84 BV11 @ 06/07/13 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
I just want to say I love how this is the same damn response every time someone says something remotely positive about this game. Maybe he just enjoys the game? Maybe he's one of the few people, like myself, that plays the game for what it is. Maybe, and this is where it gets crazy so try to keep up, but maybe he can spend his own money how he pleases?

You people are ridiculous lol. "That's not how my leg moves when I do that!!! Where are the physics??? This game is dumb!!!1!!! 13.5 is all we're gettting!!!" No, you're getting NCAA Football 14. Just because you fail to see anything that's changed doesn't mean nothing has.
If some people can play and enjoy this game for what it is then by all means they can do that. Fine with me. But I think the majority of us realize how many flaws this game has. I mean, who wouldn't want to play a good game rather than a bad game, even if you can have some fun with it? Who doesn't want to see major improvements each year? What has this game really added since 2011 that you can honestly say was a MAJOR improvement towards realism?

# 85 jpdavis82 @ 06/07/13 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BV11
If some people can play and enjoy this game for what it is then by all means they can do that. Fine with me. But I think the majority of us realize how many flaws this game has. I mean, who wouldn't want to play a good game rather than a bad game, even if you can have some fun with it? Who doesn't want to see major improvements each year? What has this game really added since 2011 that you can honestly say was a MAJOR improvement towards realism?
I would say the blocking technique and logic, as well as IE2, IF they both work as advertised.

# 86 BA2929 @ 06/07/13 04:02 PM
Boy, I'm glad I don't make knee-jerk reactions based on 1 minute of my life.......

Anyway, the colors looked better. The sound sucked, but that's what I'd expect from an early video release like this. I'm going to bet the sound in the demo sucks too thanks to space constraints, so get ready for it. The entire point of this video was to show us running animations. It wasn't supposed to blow our minds.

Oh, and to everyone that says "It looks like '13":

It's looked like this FOR THIS ENTIRE GENERATION. I'm not quite sure what you guys are expecting it to look like, but if you went into this video planning on seeing something completely different, you're kidding yourself.

I'm still buying. A 1 minute quick teaser video, half of which wasn't even gameplay, isn't going to make me change my mind.

# 87 Reed1417 @ 06/07/13 04:05 PM
Commentary -___- Everything else looked ok and I'm glad TAMU got their fight song back. Just wait till next week for more gameplay.

# 88 DorianDonP @ 06/07/13 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Boy, I'm glad I don't make knee-jerk reactions based on 1 minute of my life.......

Anyway, the colors looked better. The sound sucked, but that's what I'd expect from an early video release like this. I'm going to bet the sound in the demo sucks too thanks to space constraints, so get ready for it. The entire point of this video was to show us running animations. It wasn't supposed to blow our minds.
The point was to show animations that look virtually the same as 13?

I do agree that the colors look much improved. That's probably one of my favorite things about what I've seen from 14. The blocking looks pretty good too. In the gif I posted, I even like how the star WR and the CB interact.

I wonder how the blocking looks on a higher difficulty, because I'm all but positive this gameplay was on freshman.

# 89 jello1717 @ 06/07/13 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BV11
The point you're missing is that I'm not having fun playing a bad game. I'm having a blast playing a good game (NCAA '13 is my favorite sports game not named CH2K8 and I fully expect NCAA '14 to compete with CH2K8 as my all time favorite). Good/bad is an opinion. You have your opinion that it's bad. I have my opinion that it's good.

# 90 SpartyParty11 @ 06/07/13 04:11 PM
I still don't like how the players run. They run with their head down, which is technically a penality now right?

# 91 kc10785 @ 06/07/13 04:14 PM
Not liking what I see same ol stuff.... I have the season pass that I brought last year before madden came out. If I don't like what I see over the weekend before the game come out I will have to pass on this.

# 92 killercam @ 06/07/13 04:15 PM
The one thing that I liked is that the OL animations looked better, the zone steps looked more like zone steps and the offensive line was taking the defense where it wanted to go.

I have a feeling this game is going to be wayyyy to easy with improved "physics" and run blocking, because the defensive AI appears to be either the same or by this video appears worse.

There needs to be a real effort to fix the defensive side of the ball. A focus on various defensive techniques by position, variety in defensive assignments (players knowing what their run-fit and pass responsibilities are, what their key is and the technique needed to execute that key.

There is no point in running cover 2/4 anything because the safeties don't react to the run. They need to be reading something, tackle/te/#2 receiver and once they recognize block, they need to be screaming to the alley. Also coverage needs to be improved especially in cover 2/cover 4. Again defensive rules need to be built in...pick something or give each coach a variety of ways to play it.

For example when we coach cover 4, we play cover 4 all the time because we can get both safeties in quickly to cover the run. They read the tackle or te intially and patter their feet in place on the snap. If tackle/te run block (down/reach/come up field) they are coming now for run support). If they get pass block or TE releases for pass, they read #2, if he's vertical they take him, if he goes out he plays over the top of #1. If he has no number 2 he robs #1. Thats is a very quick version, but bottom line is defensive AI needs to be tied to rules and the defenders have to be able to see and react to a key. Otherwise we are getting what we got now, mindless paper football.

Block shedding looks awful. In clip one, the corner has inside leverage, would love to see a quick shed animation and come down to level the QB. Would like to see shock and shed DL wise, having some gap knowledge and fighting to maintain their gap.

LB reaction looked non-existent again there needs to be vision and key. As soon as the center attacks the Mike should be flying to meet him, shock and shed, and maintain his gap instead of standing there holding his deck.

DL play looks bad, would love to see the DE get hands on that tackle and knock him off his path, grabbing cloth and eating that guy up keeping him off LB's and safeties. On the I believe 2nd clip the DE being read just sits there and does nothing after the ball is handed off, he should squeeze that tackle hard, keep him off a backer/safety then react laterally to who has the ball. There needs to be some sort of game planning option so you can either tell the read which responsibility he has (dive or keep). I hate the AI will make that decision for us without knowledge of where you may be vulnerable. If I had a DE set on crash I would damn sure like to know that I need to control a safety so I can play the ally. Since option is improved and the mesh isn't going to be as slow as previous years people will be eating defensive AI alive with the Zone read.

I've always contended adding artificial vision to players would help in zone pass coverage and run defense while also helping to seperate good from great players. If that safety has great vision, he can read the tackle and recognize a vertical route being run quickly putting him in great position. If the safety has poor vision, he may be a little slower to fill against the run on cover 2 because his vision may dictate he doesn't want to get burned with the pass or has a tough time reading his key.

The corner in man coverage who runs with his receiver running a "vertical" when the receiver is clearly blocking. Another example of poor AI. If the corner has vision and recognition skills he adjusts quickly, sheds the block and makes the play. If he's got poor vision, maybe he runs with that guy a little longer to be sure.

You could have a very athletic OLB who has poor game vision, he drops to his zone but doesn't have the range to see everything in his zone. As opposed to a average athlete who has great vision and can see and react to everything. ex Curl-Flat defender being able to see and drop under a hook and then play the flat route, opposed to a defender with limited vision who may jump a flat or jump exclusively a hook. Could also be tied to awareness (how are they able to adjust to what is thrown at them.

The defensive clearly needs assignments, knowledge of gap control and being able to recognize what they have more quickly.

I didn't purchase 13. I continued to play 12 and am on year 2020 of a dynasty, alot of the same issues I see are still in the games. I am really worried about this game. Was really hoping to buy it, I'll play the demo and keep my mind open...but even then with the RPG elements I'll have to wait until full reviews to come out to buy it; which is a shame because I really need a new football game.

# 93 BA2929 @ 06/07/13 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
The point was to show animations that look virtually the same as 13?
What's going to change? Do you REALLY think they're going to give us a million COMPLETELY NEW animations when next-gen is coming out this year? Come on man. There are enough new animations that should suffice a community that isn't looking for something that was never going to exist in the first place. However, the NCAA community expects a complete overhaul of animations and graphics from year to year and they're constantly disappointed. I realized this back in NCAA '10, but once the rest of you also figure it out, you'll be much happier with how the game looks on this gen:

They are NOT going to overhaul graphics this gen. This is what we're getting, so yes, it's going to look like NCAA 11/12/13, or whatever number you want to put a .5 after.

They are NOT going to add in 1,000 new player animations every single year. This is what we have. If you don't like it, don't buy the game and save us all the time and effort it takes reading your posts declaring your hatred of the graphics and that it looks like "NCAA 13.5". Of COURSE it looks like NCAA 13.5. IT'S THE SAME GRAPHICAL ENGINE.

# 94 Sparkles @ 06/07/13 04:29 PM
holy crap i have never seen a thread so b****y in my entire life. i go over to the gamingtailgate to get their opinions and they actually compliment on the improvements and see the game for what it is. i personally thought that the video looked smooth and improved. jeeeeeez luiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

# 95 BA2929 @ 06/07/13 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
holy crap i have never seen a thread so b****y in my entire life. i go over to the gamingtailgate to get their opinions and they actually compliment on the improvements and see the game for what it is. i personally thought that the video looked smooth and improved. jeeeeeez luiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis
It's completely the opposite here. If you compliment the game, that means you 'obviously' work for EA, because nobody in their right mind could EVER find anything good about that 1-minute long video because it sucks soooooooooo much.

# 96 DorianDonP @ 06/07/13 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
What's going to change? Do you REALLY think they're going to give us a million COMPLETELY NEW animations when next-gen is coming out this year? Come on man. There are enough new animations that should suffice a community that isn't looking for something that was never going to exist in the first place. However, the NCAA community expects a complete overhaul of animations and graphics from year to year and they're constantly disappointed. I realized this back in NCAA '10, but once the rest of you also figure it out, you'll be much happier with how the game looks on this gen:

They are NOT going to overhaul graphics this gen. This is what we're getting, so yes, it's going to look like NCAA 11/12/13, or whatever number you want to put a .5 after.

They are NOT going to add in 1,000 new player animations every single year. This is what we have. If you don't like it, don't buy the game and save us all the time and effort it takes reading your posts declaring your hatred of the graphics and that it looks like "NCAA 13.5". Of COURSE it looks like NCAA 13.5. IT'S THE SAME GRAPHICAL ENGINE.
You built that entire argument with a strawmen.

YOU are the one that said the whole point of this video was to show off the animations. Your words. What running animations did they show? The same ones from 13?

As far as your rant. If you don't like the posts here then don't post. It's about as straightforward as your if you don't like the game, don't buy complaint.

# 97 BA2929 @ 06/07/13 04:36 PM
Quote:
NBA 2K6, 2K7, 2K8, 2K9, 2K10 & 2K13 all looks different. If they can do it on a year to year basis why can't EA?

LOL How much did they change? Exponentially? I highly doubt it. I've played 2k12 and 2k13, they look nearly identical to me outside of a few minor changes. I think you're reaching for straws here.

# 98 TheBinnzer @ 06/07/13 04:39 PM
EA should have prefaced this video with more information. I think it actually hurt them.

In any case, the lawsuit shall make sure that we do not need to endure the same old thing over and over. In 2015 there will be a free market once again. Maybe Sony or 2k will take a shot at NCAA:

"Additionally, the Settlement provides that Electronic Arts will not enter into an exclusive trademark license with the AFL for five years from the date of approval of the Settlement; and that Electronic Arts will not renew its current collegiate football trademark license with the Collegiate Licensing Company (“CLC”) on an exclusive basis for five years after it expires in 2014; and that Electronic Arts will not seek any new exclusive trademark license for the purpose of making football videogames with the CLC, the NCAA, or any NCAA member institution covered by the current exclusive license for five years after the expiration of the current CLC agreement."

# 99 jpdavis82 @ 06/07/13 04:40 PM
Quote:
NBA 2K6, 2K7, 2K8, 2K9, 2K10 & 2K13 all looks different. If they can do it on a year to year basis why can't EA?
What years are these from?

# 100 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/07/13 04:40 PM
This thread amuses me......

One side says anytime somebody post something positive, they are labeled "Working for EA", but then in the same breathe label everybody that post something negative as a "bitch fest."

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.