Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

Check out the NCAA Football 14 video featuring LSU vs. Texas A&M and post your thoughts.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 The_Wise_One @ 06/07/13 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
To me there is just no energy in the game. They throw that RB screen for the TD and it was just meh. Scoring a TD in this game just seems so repetitive and non important because you can't feel the energy of the crowd. I know this isn't the biggest issue with the game, but it's one thing I notice greatly. There just aren't any fist pump type moments because of the game being so lifeless through the unexciting commentary and lack of crowd noise. I just don't get how a development team can make scoring a TD so unimportant and boring.

As I said I'm sure there are way bigger issues, but I'm just your every day NCAA football fan. I don't know much about the X's and O's so I can't really say whats wrong in that regard. I just know that I don't feel the passion and energy of scoring. NCAA football is all about the crowd, excitement, and celebrations. To me this game shows none of it. There is nothing about this game that excites me.
If they announced that the only aspect of presentation they were working on was crowd noise/reaction I would be a happy man. It is repetitive and boring. I hate having to force myself to enjoy intense games.

# 142 Pezell04x @ 06/07/13 07:21 PM
Lol canceling preorders over a 1 minute video is so OS.

I think it looked good. Obviously in low levels because of the read icon, which won't be in all American and Heisman.

Colors looked great so while "omg it looks the same" (which is funny at the end of a current generation cycle) it was the first thing I noticed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 143 Exile04 @ 06/07/13 07:28 PM
i like the downfield blocking thats good

# 144 DorianDonP @ 06/07/13 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
To me there is just no energy in the game. They throw that RB screen for the TD and it was just meh. Scoring a TD in this game just seems so repetitive and non important because you can't feel the energy of the crowd. I know this isn't the biggest issue with the game, but it's one thing I notice greatly. There just aren't any fist pump type moments because of the game being so lifeless through the unexciting commentary and lack of crowd noise. I just don't get how a development team can make scoring a TD so unimportant and boring.

As I said I'm sure there are way bigger issues, but I'm just your every day NCAA football fan. I don't know much about the X's and O's so I can't really say whats wrong in that regard. I just know that I don't feel the passion and energy of scoring. NCAA football is all about the crowd, excitement, and celebrations. To me this game shows none of it. There is nothing about this game that excites me.
Great post. Hopefully next.gen crowds make that leap.

# 145 CHIEFxxROCKEM @ 06/07/13 07:46 PM
Am I the only one that thinks the agility ratings are too high?

# 146 Rolltide78980 @ 06/07/13 07:50 PM
I actually thought that it looked pretty good, the cleats, gloves , and td celebration was very realistic. Anyone know if there will be auto generated names on the game like in the video or like qb#2 for johnny football?

# 147 BloodBCrimson @ 06/07/13 08:03 PM
This looks much better than 13 in terms of color and fluidity. Also, the game speed is much too high in this clip. Once the game speed is turned down it will be a lot more realistic. At this speed the players are moving way to fast. Also, this is obviously being played on standard settings and sliders so with those tweaked the gameplay will be better. I totally agree with the excitement comments. The game lacks excitement. That alone will make the game way better. EA is attempting to add just enough excitement to finish off this generation by adding the cut scenes and such. Next Generation will be great guys, just enjoy the game for what it is. It's not going to be what we want or expect but it will be better than 13.

# 148 AustinMG82 @ 06/07/13 08:50 PM
Why does this look like it's on a Wii

# 149 rudyjuly2 @ 06/07/13 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I understand they have gone far as they can with this current gen football games. Next gen they should no excuse for not making the game much better with all the ram and disc space they will have to work with. But this gen is at it's limit. I understand that point. I'm looking forward to more videos next week for both NCAA14 and Madden25.
The power of this generation is not limiting this game imo. The programmers are. Some games on the PS2 had better line play than we currently see. Even Madden on the PS2 had in game saves. EA simply doesn't know how to code some things right imo and until they do the power of the machine argument is irrelevant. The cpu AI has been bad this entire generation.

Disc space is not a problem either as Madden was under 5 GB last year which means there was quite a bit of room left for the 360 and a TON of room on the PS3.

These games won't change much year to year anymore on the PS3/360 but I firmly believe that 90%+ of that is due to programming and nothing to do with hardware limitation. I have little faith in next gen programming. I heard the same thing going into this generation and we got cpu QBs throwing 4 INTs a game the first couple years and fast QBs never scrambling.

# 150 damion2721 @ 06/07/13 08:57 PM
Why do some of you people even play the game? WOW

# 151 kafb86 @ 06/07/13 09:00 PM
Regarding the players previous videos showed A&M as number 4 so hopefully this isa couoke years into dynasty

# 152 Skyboxer @ 06/07/13 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I'm not running out and cancelling my pre-order over a 1 minute video. I think the game looked better. I saw a little bit of improvement in the running animations. (looks like I'm the only one) I knew there wouldn't be wholesale changes this year.

The colors popped, which is an improvement over 13. Maybe I just have really low standards. Its not like I've loved EA football this gen. In fact I haven't. But I like football games, and I did see some improvement in the video.

I feel like a pariah. Almost scared to not share the opinion of the majority of OS that the game is already garbage.
I'll probably get this if I wait for Next gen madden and bypass this gens.
Some things looked good but overall it still doesn't wow me.
Just some of the little things like when a player scores and they stop right away after crossing the line instead of a gradually slow down/trot. etc..

Also agree with earlier post that it's really never been about hardware limitation but mostly programming. I still remember them saying animations of jumping over the pile was not there due to limitations, yet the "other game" had it.

We'll see...

# 153 inkcil @ 06/07/13 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL253
Screw this current generation of sports games...
I actually hate having to agree with you here...the fun factor and level of immersion is not commensurate for this day and age of technology with the fun factor and immersion we received in years past on "inferior" technology.

# 154 ClemTiger @ 06/07/13 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The IE is CLEARLY seen here, when the TAMU guy and the LSU guy trip and go flying at the end.

With that being said, I actually like the way the TAMU guy puts his arms out and tries to catch himself, then how he rolls across the field after he's tripped. That looks better than it would have in Madden 13, I've played a TON of Madden 13, so that stood out to me.
That OL you're talking about CLEARLY didn't do a dang thing to the CB and he was standing RIGHT beside him. He didn't even ATTEMPT to put his hands out to block him.

# 155 Perfect Zero @ 06/07/13 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBCrimson
Next Generation will be great guys, just enjoy the game for what it is. It's not going to be what we want or expect but it will be better than 13.
See, this type of quote when games cost $60 really irk me. It's a kin to saying "go ahead and give up your money now, it's bound to get better" when it seems like it never does.

I will take back some of what I said; I'm going to wait for more information. However, why EA released this clip befuddles me simply because the game doesn't look polished at all.

# 156 BloodBCrimson @ 06/07/13 09:31 PM
You people are funny sometimes. It's like movie critics who waste their time watching a movie so that they can waste their time later to tell you how bad it is.

# 157 BloodBCrimson @ 06/07/13 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
See, this type of quote when games cost $60 really irk me. It's a kin to saying "go ahead and give up your money now, it's bound to get better" when it seems like it never does.

I will take back some of what I said; I'm going to wait for more information. However, why EA released this clip befuddles me simply because the game doesn't look polished at all.
I understand what you are saying. Personally, I'm such a big football fan that I buy the game just because. That's 80 percent of all customers when it comes to this game. We buy it just because it's college football and we like college football. I totally get what most people are saying when they complain about the game though. Most people on here look at the game differently. Most of the posters here want a game that resembles real life. I'd love that as well. Everyone would love it. EA knows, however, that they can get away with what they are doing because of all the people like me. There is not enough people that will say, "I'm not buying NCAA this year because _______". There are way more people that just walk into gamestop or walmart and buy the game then play it all football season and wait till the next then repeat.

# 158 BloodBCrimson @ 06/07/13 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke
I hate this ignorant viewpoint. we complain because we want a great game of football.
you people seem to think we enjoy coming on here and pissing and moaning about the game. we dont. we are so vocal and critical because we want a video game that actually represents our beloved sport with even just the slightest bit of realism.

as for the video: looks different to 13 in some areas. looks the same in others. didnt see anything good from infinity engine 2.. didnt see any footplanting. movement is the same (terrible) blocking animations look improved. game moves a bit too fast to get a proper look. those woeful replay angles are still in. why cant they use broadcast angles for replays and cutscenes? terrible terrible terrible. im sure they do this on purpose to differentiate themselves from Madden. seems foolish to differentiate yourself from something by making your product inferior to it..
for the most part, the clip was very disappointing.
I know what you mean man, I was just kidding. I would love a realistic football game too. I just can't go another year playing 13.

# 159 drift7one @ 06/07/13 10:08 PM
they could've slapped an EA Sports intro on this video and some of you would STILL be complaining.

http://youtu.be/CswixazXOH0

# 160 DirtyJerz32 @ 06/07/13 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy981
EA Thought This Video Would Be The Difference Between 100,000 Pre-Orders To 1,000,000 Pre-Orders.Now It Went From 100,000 Pre-Orders To 100 Pre-Orders.I Mean,Who Would Buy This For $60?
It's sad you guys think EA cares about the 2,000/3,000 OSers here. We ARE the minority and they'll still a ton of copies regardless of what we think.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.