Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

Check out the NCAA Football 14 video featuring LSU vs. Texas A&M and post your thoughts.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 The_Wise_One @ 06/08/13 01:02 AM
^^^
Yea that was a huge letdown. I just don't understand why current sport games struggle with crowd atmosphere. There are only so many situations they need to get loud.

Touchdown, field goal (extra point) first down, big gain, spectacular catch, juke, big hit, third down stop, final drive in the fourth.

Those are just a couple but is that really so hard to put in code?

# 182 jpdavis82 @ 06/08/13 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
^^^
Yea that was a huge letdown. I just don't understand why current sport games struggle with crowd atmosphere. There are only so many situations they need to get loud.

Touchdown, field goal (extra point) first down, big gain, spectacular catch, juke, big hit, third down stop, final drive in the fourth.

Those are just a couple but is that really so hard to put in code?
Madden 13 has a decent crowd especially on Dolby 5.1

# 183 TjJunior @ 06/08/13 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratospaly
For those complaining about planting. I noticed a few hard cuts that did plant.
They are still blending animations, FIFA 14 will have the locomotion engine without the blended animations (allegedly) so Madden, NCAA, they get the FIFA 13 locomotion with blended animations. Its gonna look robotic until they progress past, we can complain or consume whichever we choose. Me, Im gonna get it. Not holding out hope for some super game that meticulously imitates real life.

# 184 huntt26 @ 06/08/13 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
Remember this in NCAA 12? I was so hyped about the "new dynamic crowd". I remember making all kinds of excited posts about it. And then the game came out and the crowd was worse than the year before. That was prolly the last time I got truly "excited" about a hyped feature.

0:47
Agreed. Apparently they are claiming it will be a big selling point on their new next gen system. Sad that when you score a td at the HUGE ta&m stadium the crowd does nothing.........

# 185 bad_philanthropy @ 06/08/13 01:59 AM
Visual gripe. Kyle Field is natural grass right? The video shows the teams two quarters in and no dirty uniforms? Why the hell would A&M's RB have no dirt or grass stains on his bright white pants?

It does seem to contradict this screenshot of a rain game.

# 186 SageInfinite @ 06/08/13 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
NBA 2k 11& 12 were good, the rest were meh. Ncaa 11, 12, 13, were all pretty good.

# 187 nazzman @ 06/08/13 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
It's sad you guys think EA cares about the 2,000/3,000 OSers here. We ARE the minority and they'll still a ton of copies regardless of what we think.
I think EA cares. We are among the influencers they talk about in communications science. There's a multiplier effect because people know that we know the game as hardcore fans/players, and they pass on what we think/say to others and so on down the line. (Kinda like the early adopter thing.)

If we all went out there and told our pals not to bother until next gen, that would be an exponential problem, compounded by our not buying either.

You're right that they'll sell tons of copies regardless, but knowledgeable bad-mouthing in the market is never a good thing.

# 188 I Peench @ 06/08/13 02:26 AM
The good:
-Foot planting looked very realistic.
-The blocking looks infinitely better than M13 or NCAA13. Not prefect, but much improved.
-The colors really seem to pop this year.
-The pre-snap and post-snap chatter.

The bad:
-Lack of crowd atmosphere was the first thing that struck me.
-Still seeing some missed assignments.
-Physics not overly evident, but as someone else mentioned (and I agree), that needs to be felt more than seen. The only reason we saw it so easily in Madden videos is because it was so wonky...like when that tackle trips over the HB in this video.
-The running after the screen didn't look nearly smooth/natural enough.

Overall I'm pretty pleased, but not getting too high or too low on this one. You're a fool if you've already canceled a pre-order off of this alone.

Here's some pics I snapped that show some of the foot planting (for those who say it doesn't exist.

And here's a picture of Brandon Jacobs juking/planting. I found a bigger guy because presumably they'd have to exaggerate the plant even more, as they have more weight to shift.

To me, NCAA looks pretty solid as far as the foot planting is concerned.

Here's the link to the Jacobs video.

# 189 westview33 @ 06/08/13 02:27 AM
Quote:
Remember this in NCAA 12? I was so hyped about the "new dynamic crowd". I remember making all kinds of excited posts about it. And then the game came out and the crowd was worse than the year before. That was prolly the last time I got truly "excited" about a hyped feature.

0:47
EA hype machine at it's best.

I didn't bother to read the entire thread but I'm pretty sure someone has already mentioned the famous "It's a early build" "Lets wait for the final product before judging the gameplay"

Makes you want to smack someone over the head because that lame excuse is mentioned every single year when we see a video and then the final product isn't any different at all.

# 190 jpdavis82 @ 06/08/13 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
The good:
-Foot planting looked very realistic.
-The blocking looks infinitely better than M13 or NCAA13. Not prefect, but much improved.
-The colors really seem to pop this year.
-The pre-snap and post-snap chatter.

The bad:
-Lack of crowd atmosphere was the first thing that struck me.
-Still seeing some missed assignments.
-Physics not overly evident, but as someone else mentioned (and I agree), that needs to be felt more than seen. The only reason we saw it so easily in Madden videos is because it was so wonky...like when that tackle trips over the HB in this video.
-The running after the screen didn't look nearly smooth/natural enough.

Overall I'm pretty pleased, but not getting too high or too low on this one. You're a fool if you've already canceled a pre-order off of this alone.

Here's some pics I snapped that show some of the foot planting (for those who say it doesn't exist.

And here's a picture of Brandon Jacobs juking/planting. I found a bigger guy because presumably they'd have to exaggerate the plant even more, as they have more weight to shift.

To me, NCAA looks pretty solid as far as the foot planting is concerned.

Here's the link to the Jacobs video.
It isn't quite as good as the Jacobs video, but it's definitely a lot closer to it than some people probably thought at first. Footplanting doesn't look bad at all after you watch the Jacobs video.

# 191 DorianDonP @ 06/08/13 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
they have the animation there to look like planting but they don't really plant, they just slide or glide through the animation.

# 192 moylan1234 @ 06/08/13 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
To me there is just no energy in the game. They throw that RB screen for the TD and it was just meh. Scoring a TD in this game just seems so repetitive and non important because you can't feel the energy of the crowd. I know this isn't the biggest issue with the game, but it's one thing I notice greatly. There just aren't any fist pump type moments because of the game being so lifeless through the unexciting commentary and lack of crowd noise. I just don't get how a development team can make scoring a TD so unimportant and boring.
I agree with you, but this is another reason why I like NCAA over Madden. At the very least NCAA gives us the ability to add some life into the game using our custom sounds. I don't use sounds for every event instead I try to get as many teams a TD event as possible. It doesn't completely make up for what you're talking about obviously, but it definitely improves the atmosphere of the game.

# 193 willz1985 @ 06/08/13 03:55 AM
quick question

That "R" that appears above the defensive rusher, is that just for the purpose of the trailer showing what happens or is this actually in the game?

Because if it's in the game this is quite possibly the WORST thing they've put in this year. It takes away all the unpredictability of running read option, as you are always gonna see how the lineman/rusher is reacting and which person it is.

I'm pretty sure in real life football when QB's scan the defense they dont see a massive "R" hovering above the rusher's head :P

# 194 I Peench @ 06/08/13 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willz1985
quick question

That "R" that appears above the defensive rusher, is that just for the purpose of the trailer showing what happens or is this actually in the game?
It's in the game, but only on lower difficulty levels.

# 195 TjJunior @ 06/08/13 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willz1985
quick question

Because if it's in the game this is quite possibly the WORST thing they've put in this year. It takes away all the unpredictability of running read option, as you are always gonna see how the lineman/rusher is reacting and which person it is.

I'm pretty sure in real life football when QB's scan the defense they dont see a massive "R" hovering above the rusher's head :P
The R stands for read, as you have to read the end on the strech option.

# 196 Bolt957 @ 06/08/13 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Did you google them? Be honest. Oh and now do the same with the NCAA pics I posted
Honestly I didn't. I went off of memory.

1. NCAA 10
2. NCAA 12
3. NCAA 13
4. NCAA 11
5. NCAA 07
6. NCAA 10
7. NCAA 07
8. NCAA 12
9. NCAA 13

# 197 Sundown2600 @ 06/08/13 05:43 AM
The only good thing I can say is that the game looks so clear and clean! The colors are really popping this year. Other than that...same ol animations and water gliding movements. Band aid on a bullet wound as I've said so many times.

# 198 reginald_rush @ 06/08/13 05:47 AM
No game will ever be perfect. I liked the down field blocking, but didn't really see the rtp. I am excited about the demo and the game. I hope that the demo clears the air (and that we get it next week). I will be buying the game any way.

# 199 rudyjuly2 @ 06/08/13 06:21 AM
Quote:
They could slap EA sports onto this and some would still be defending.

Hey! I actually remember playing that game lol. I believe that's on the old Atari system. I remember Atari baseball too. No fences or stadium. My kids just laugh when I show them the graphics for Pitfall.

# 200 Skyboxer @ 06/08/13 06:29 AM
Last thing about the fooplanting and the vid..
Unless I'm just not seeing it..
Yes it seems to be there but there's no change of speed or weight shift that I see. Or at the least it's very minimal.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.