Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

Check out the NCAA Football 14 video featuring LSU vs. Texas A&M and post your thoughts.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 Scrapps @ 06/08/13 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The more they work with the new Madden devs the better off they will be. The main additions to ncaa gameplay are because of Clint Oldenburg(run blocking) and Victor Lugo(IE2). Those guys are key components to the madden team and working with them more would be a great idea. I also like what OS' own Christian McLeod is doing with Presentation too, but unfortunately it seems like both ncaa and madden on current gen are getting some of the right guys in place too late for this gen. This does give a reason for optimism for next gen though, especially if ncaa is getting the Ignite engine.
Not trying to be a tool here, but what exactly is it that gives you reason for optimism for this series on next gen? With the exception of sharper colors, I see absolutely no difference from NCAA 13. Or NCAA 12.

The gameplay is horrific, as they are no closer to accurately representing OL/DL interaction. Every player still skates, and runs as if they are a blood relative of Quasimodo. There is not one thing in this game (including something so simple as the size of the football), that is in any way comparable to what we see on Saturdays. I want to be optimistic. I really do. And I was for years. But, EA has defecated on my dreams.

# 222 KickassJohnson @ 06/08/13 02:07 PM
Looks the exact same as previous years

# 223 UMhester04 @ 06/08/13 02:21 PM
Being totally realistic (at least my take on being realistic) this video does show multiple improvements to the game.

-the game is obviously on the easiest setting to show off everything. I have learned this year that this is how it always is. I was one to always get pissed off about how easy it looked for the players to be running all over defenders and such, but playing on easy is the only way to truly show off improvements. Take it or leave it, but the game will not play 100% like this video for most of OS users because we don't play on EASY.

-I cannot say how happy I am to see run blocking where one blocker is actually driving the other to a different location on the field, whether it be straight back or diagonally. This will make gameplay feel so much more dynamic.

EDIT: look at the first play where the QB keeps it and the lead blocker (#63 I think) turns left and blocks one of the safeties. Look at how he engages the block and drives him where the momentum is carrying them both. Awesome sight to see that we never saw before - in past games they would just stop in their tracks and patty cake or the lineman would just lay him out in that same animation that is played out over and over.

DOUBLE EDIT: the second play where the HB gets the handoff and the defender doesn't recognize it at first (as I describe below), when he stops and turns to try to tackle the HB the lineman blows him up because he didn't see it coming. Guys, I am as big a critic as anyone else, but this game is NOT the same as it was before. Watching this stuff over again is so awesome to see.

-After looking over the running again, I see that it is not 100% realistic, but I like that there are at least hard cuts. The game speed is high for my liking, so once that is turned down the cuts will look much more realistic, rather than in the video which looks like hyperspeed almost. When we turn the stick slightly, we won't see any cuts, but if we move it past a certain point, then we will see the realistic cutting animation. It is a little disheartening to see the gliding during the cut animation, but that won't be fixed without a new engine.

-Presentation and graphics, especially the field which was horrible until now, look great. Sound on the other hand is still horrid.

-There still appear to be defensive problems that I know nothing about, at least the actual "Football 101" part, but I can see linebackers not doing what they are supposed to do and sense that something is wrong.

-On the other hand, I did like that some of the defenders did not react right away to the runs. I saw a defender chase a WR for a second, stop and plant, and then engage the ball carrier; that was nice to see.

# 224 grabursock55 @ 06/08/13 03:35 PM
PLAYING with the infinity engine is worlds apart from WATCHING someone else play it. Another thing people were sayi ng about the physics not being there, just watch the blockers and off the ball players, thats where the beauty is. As others have mentioned, Im almost sure it was on freshman difficulty , based on the offense seeming to impose their will on the D. I really think this game will be a lot better... especially with the faster menus

# 225 BloodBCrimson @ 06/08/13 07:45 PM
The blocking is obviously much better than 13 and just like I said earlier as well as many others, once the game speed is adjusted a lot of the foot planting will look much better. Just wait till you play the game to judge it. The 14 demo will be a LOT better than the retail of 13...

# 226 TheUFGuy @ 06/08/13 08:11 PM
Honestly it didn't look too bad, but I still play 13 almost daily and see hardly any difference.

# 227 cparrish @ 06/08/13 08:50 PM
As someone who always turns off the commentary (until they get around to making it fluid), the player chat and sounds really sound great. Hopefully it sounds big, and I mean I hope it sounds like 80,000+ are screaming their heads off through my sound system.

# 228 The JareBear @ 06/08/13 08:54 PM
Yes, I'd much rather they make the crowd too loud and I have to turn it down than force me to max it out immediately after opening the box every year

# 229 DJ @ 06/08/13 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
As someone who always turns off the commentary (until they get around to making it fluid), the player chat and sounds really sound great. Hopefully it sounds big, and I mean I hope it sounds like 80,000+ are screaming their heads off through my sound system.
That would be nice. I swear the crowd sounds louder and has more energy in Coach Mode, but that could just be me.

# 230 CT Pitbull @ 06/08/13 09:58 PM
the colors look tight. but as for the gameplay..way to fast and I like everyone else failed to see any kind of footplanting or physics at all in between the whistles. im gonna buy because it a football game and its new but im sure it will be traded in with the quickness once you can pre-order a next gen console...anyone else bet Palice Malice in the Belmont today?? I won 300 on him and this will go toward my shiny new console,,,lol

# 231 videlsports @ 06/08/13 11:14 PM
Well see ..Im ready fro next gen

# 232 carvis#15 @ 06/09/13 12:00 AM
I think it would actually be harder to prove where there is "not" physics than where there is physics. All the outcomes that happened are possible.

# 233 420 others @ 06/09/13 01:17 AM
This gameplay looks solid. If you played madden, youd be able to tell just how much they have tuned the infinity engine. The colors pop, we have speed cuts, and the game overall looks better

# 234 greasyindiekid @ 06/09/13 03:05 AM
LOL.

What can you even say anymore? Pathetic.

# 235 123abcdylan @ 06/09/13 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
This facebook poster needs to be on OS!
Manziel is #2 tho

# 236 HozAndMoose @ 06/09/13 06:03 AM
I dont see why it matters that Manziel isnt the QB or is supposed to be but is black with the wrong number. With the Lawsuits EA has i expect them to make the players no where near as close as they have been to their real life counterparts in the past. And i have no problem with this. They can make a player 4 foot with tits and i wouldnt mind. As long as we continue to have customization options. If you are on these forums and not downloading the OS roster then you are playing the game wrong.

# 237 ranman1982 @ 06/09/13 06:04 AM
Most people are way too critical on this forum. They base their opinions on a short video which probably was made months ago. The only way you can actually criticize fairly is by playing the game. But I not really surprised by this, like the old saying goes "opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one."

On another note, people that are saying that they are not going to buy just because of this one video are full of it. I bet that 99% of these people will buy it and post on here how they are doing in their dynasty, how much fun they are having recruiting because the found a diamond in the ruff, and so on a so forth.

# 238 kingkilla56 @ 06/09/13 07:07 AM
What happened to the physics based tackling they were gonna add from Madden? I just saw a bunch of animations play out as usual.

# 239 reginald_rush @ 06/09/13 08:05 AM
This video must be from a dynasty, look at the ranks of the two teams. In the video that shows Texas A&M in the team choice screen, they are ranked #4.

# 240 Jakeness23 @ 06/09/13 08:44 AM
Yeah, this is going to be a definite no-buy for me. I'm thinking about getting Madden but I'll have to wait for some videos, if it is exactly like last year, like NCAA seems to be, I may be passing on it too.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.