Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

Check out the NCAA Football 14 video featuring LSU vs. Texas A&M and post your thoughts.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 261 kingdevin @ 06/09/13 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
This happens every single year lol. It's almost a parody of itself now.

Trailers come out. "Wait till gameplay video."

Gameplay video comes out. "Might be an old build. Wait till demo."

Demo comes out. "Not the same build. It's just a demo. Wait till retail."

Retail comes out. "This will be fixed in a patch. Wait till then."

Patches come out. "Wait till next year."

I feel what you see is what you're getting. I hope I'm wrong. I'd love for there to be a tremendous improvement from crowd audio and reaction. But the actual gameplay? It's right there in front of us IMO.
I love this post. This is exactly the pattern that many of the new sports video games get by optimistic anticipators of the upgrades!!

# 262 SteelerSpartan @ 06/09/13 04:00 PM
Need to see more.....nothing jumped out at me that is going to shake my stance of

Only Buying at a discounted Price.....Maybe

but it was a 1 min vid and I didn't expect it to

# 263 kingdevin @ 06/09/13 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
I can see where you're coming from however its seems a flawed strategy. The way things are going there is such a mistrust of EA and there abilities.

Surely it wold be a better strategy to build an AAA product, and even with minor additions every year people would still buy. I know I would like I do with the Show every year.

These Tiburon games need a massive rebuild and hopefully Next Gen will deliver that.

I won't hold my breath though.
Why do people think that EA can do better next gen if they couldnt even master this gen??? Is there a new programming team in place that wasnt being used here? It appears the more videogames evolve the more EA has trouble mastering some of these games i.e. football basketball

# 264 chi_hawks @ 06/09/13 04:22 PM
Once this game goes on sell for 19.99 or cheaper, I will consider it. Until then, no thanks. I already have NCAA 12 (which looks really similar).

# 265 KushNstien @ 06/09/13 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_hawks
Once this game goes on sell for 19.99 or cheaper, I will consider it. Until then, no thanks. I already have NCAA 12 (which looks really similar).
but it wont play similar

# 266 cparrish @ 06/09/13 06:05 PM
Quote:
Wow, really? I personally thought NCAA 12 was one of the worst years ever for the series. To this day, it is the only NCAA title I stopped playing after a couple of months.

# 267 BearsNVA @ 06/09/13 06:06 PM
Anybody know what the "R" means on the defensive linemen?

# 268 LastExit @ 06/09/13 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsNVA
Anybody know what the "R" means on the defensive linemen?
That's the player you have to "Read" when you are on offense and call an option play. According to a post many pages back, it only appears on Freshman and Varsity difficulty levels.

If DL with the R stays at home you have to hand the ball off in the opposite direction.....if the DL with the R bites on the handoff and starts to make his way down the line you pull the ball and run where he was lined up.

# 269 BearsNVA @ 06/09/13 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastExit
That's the player you have to "Read" when you are on offense and call an option play. According to a post many pages back, it only appears on Freshman and Varsity difficulty levels.

If DL with the R stays at home you have to hand the ball off in the opposite direction.....if the DL with the R bites on the handoff and starts to make his way down the line you pull the ball and run where he was lined up.
Ah, got ya. I figured it was something with "read," I'm just not used to using the term "read," with a D-Linemen. More used to seeing it or using it with the MLB.

Thanks, good looking out.

# 270 BallinVol @ 06/09/13 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackster802
All of the Florida players in the screen shots and video are real.

# 271 Xx_JP_VHS_xX @ 06/09/13 07:12 PM
Does Texas State play Washington this upcoming year? It's on the bottom line. Don't think they do so it's obviously not the first year of dynasty.

# 272 cparrish @ 06/09/13 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastExit
According to a post many pages back, it only appears on Freshman and Varsity difficulty levels.
Good to hear that. That "R" would drive me nuts while trying to play a game.

# 273 pdiehm @ 06/09/13 08:17 PM
hey, at least the Aggie fight song is in the game now.

Is USC's?

# 274 unknownorigin @ 06/09/13 10:22 PM
I have always felt as if NCAA football and madden NFL football have regressed each and every year. and I still think that for this game. hopefully madden 25 breaks that habit!

# 275 Scrapps @ 06/09/13 10:44 PM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KushNstien
but it wont play similar

Probably won't play worse, either.

# 276 BigDofBA @ 06/10/13 12:27 AM
It looks like pretty much the exact same game it has been for the past three years with some new overlays and a few added celebrations....

I used to be so pumped for this game and now I'm apathetic.

Oh well.

# 277 LastExit @ 06/10/13 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
It looks like pretty much the exact same game it has been for the past three years with some new overlays and a few added celebrations....

I used to be so pumped for this game and now I'm apathetic.

Oh well.
Well, to be fair it was only a minute and it was cut up so there isn't much to go by. The colors really pop and that's nice to see over what we've seen the last two years. I still have worries that the crowd noise is still messed up but again, this was a 1 minute teaser vid.

What concerns me is the lack of info.....last year the guys from EA were doing video podcasts where they were showing off what they had accomplished. I expected them to do the same given that they finally got to put the infinity engine in but so far there's been nothing. I don't want to read too much into how they've released info on the game this year but it doesn't exactly inspire confidence. The demo will tell the tale.

# 278 Swamp Swagger @ 06/10/13 03:05 AM
I don't see how anyone can truly judge the game from that small clip. I'm all for EA to step it up but we need to see more and play it for our self to be sure. I'm still excited about it

I can tell a difference in the video though

# 279 The JareBear @ 06/10/13 09:46 AM
Bottom line is we are about to find out a lot from E3. If its like NCAA 12 where the game was stuffed into a back room and hidden from the main floor, then I will probably be worried.

# 280 RoyalBoyle78 @ 06/10/13 09:51 AM
The game looks much more fluid then last year, the way the runner cuts and change direction looks much more solid.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.