Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

Check out the NCAA Football 14 video featuring LSU vs. Texas A&M and post your thoughts.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 241 HozAndMoose @ 06/09/13 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
Yeah, this is going to be a definite no-buy for me. I'm thinking about getting Madden but I'll have to wait for some videos, if it is exactly like last year, like NCAA seems to be, I may be passing on it too.
What exactly were you expecting them to do in the last year of a console? The gameplay isnt what you should have been expecting to change.

# 242 The JareBear @ 06/09/13 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranman1982
Most people are way too critical on this forum. They base their opinions on a short video which probably was made months ago. The only way you can actually criticize fairly is by playing the game. But I not really surprised by this, like the old saying goes "opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one."

On another note, people that are saying that they are not going to buy just because of this one video are full of it. I bet that 99% of these people will buy it and post on here how they are doing in their dynasty, how much fun they are having recruiting because the found a diamond in the ruff, and so on a so forth.
A little harsh. The video was underwhelming, that's pretty universal, people are allowed to worry when every year we hear "just wait to play" and well, we are still waiting.

I've watched the video a few more times. It looks ok. The run blocking shows up, I get it. Cool. Now show more. That's all a lot of people are saying.

# 243 MrSerendipity @ 06/09/13 09:36 AM
I don't understand why people keep assuming that #8 on ATM is Manziel. Who is to say that this isn't Dynasty Mode and the game being played isn't three or four years down the road? That is one thing we here at OS need to work on, killing some of the rapid assumption.

# 244 HozAndMoose @ 06/09/13 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerendipity
I don't understand why people keep assuming that #8 on ATM is Manziel. Who is to say that this isn't Dynasty Mode and the game being played isn't three or four years down the road? That is one thing we here at OS need to work on, killing some of the rapid assumption.
It shouldnt matter at all. If EA has to make Manziel a 10 foot black guy in order to avoid lawsuits im fine with it. The hard working people that make the community rosters will fix it.

# 245 The JareBear @ 06/09/13 10:06 AM
Yeah I am not sure why there have been a number of roster related posts in this thread. There is no way EA is going to put out a video with anyone closely resembling Manziel with the lawsuit in full swing right now.

People, we have roster makers for a reason, relax.

# 246 HozAndMoose @ 06/09/13 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Yeah I am not sure why there have been a number of roster related posts in this thread. There is no way EA is going to put out a video with anyone closely resembling Manziel with the lawsuit in full swing right now.

People, we have roster makers for a reason, relax.
I think Manziel would sue..

# 247 JoshC1977 @ 06/09/13 10:13 AM
What makes this video difficult to decipher is that it appears to have been gameplay run at Normal (or higher) game speed. In all past iterations of NCAA (and Madden 13 using IE), animations look better when the game is run at slow speed.

# 248 The JareBear @ 06/09/13 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
What makes this video difficult to decipher is that it appears to have been gameplay run at Normal (or higher) game speed. In all past iterations of NCAA (and Madden 13 using IE), animations look better when the game is run at slow speed.
Slow does make the game look sooooo much better. I just wish I (personally, not saying this is for everyone) didn't feel game gets too easy on that level.

I really need to see a video showing CPU vs CPU action. One of my biggest concerns is CPU play calling and how it can kill an offline dynasty

# 249 Sheen_O_Mack @ 06/09/13 11:01 AM
This video didn't increase hype at all for me, it also didn't decrease at all. The video was what I expected for this game, this year. IMO it didn't look bad I'm rather happy that IE wasn't overly done but I need more evidence during E3 to form an opinion.

I'll buy the game regardless I'm still playing/enjoying the game in my OD on 13 and we will roll into 14.

I would rather them work on next Gen and get that right then them wasting a lot of man hours, basically I'm happy with the improvements this year, as small as they are.

# 250 Fuimus Troes @ 06/09/13 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshcav
Wow - outside of a few small presentation tweeks, that looked EXACTLY like last year's game.

I'll get the demo, but I might have to cancel my pre-order, that's a major bummer.

I can't believe they released that like it was exciting.
I think the OL blocking is HUGELY improved. Watch each read play 5 times, focusing on each of the OL. Blocking actually looks effective and non-labotomized. All players on O and D seem to be playing "realistically" and reacting well to the plays. To me this is more important than perfect RB physics (though that would be nice, too).

HOWEVER, withholding judgment until a larger sample size is available. I have ZERO faith in EA after this gen's FUBAR performance. I've seen vids like this in previous years and then the game has totally let me down.

Note, however, that illegal linemen downfield was not called on the screen play. That gets called less than it should in real life, so it's not a huge issue here, but hopefully this will get called in extreme cases.

# 251 FloridaGators11 @ 06/09/13 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerendipity

It's definitely dynasty mode because of the ticker at the bottom and its definitely not year 1 because A&M plays LSU at LSU this year, not at home. #8 isn't a backup either, there actually isn't a #8 on their entire team. And it's not just manziel, those aren't the other starters either. Definitely not year one of dynasty. But even if it is, I could care less. Game looks great

# 252 noplace @ 06/09/13 11:19 AM
I just think its random #'s this year. Hopefully the attributes line up as close as possible though. Seen #8 at QB in another vid also for Clemson. On another note its kinda a admission of guilt if the do go with random #'s this year but I understand why they did it.

# 253 FloridaGators11 @ 06/09/13 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
I just think its random #'s this year. Hopefully the attributes line up as close as possible though. Seen #8 at QB in another vid also for Clemson. On another note its kinda a admission of guilt if the do go with random #'s this year but I understand why they did it.
Saw that too, along with a Florida #21 running back picture (there is no #21 running back) but then there is multiple Oregon pictures and others showing starters so not sure what to expect. All that really matters is the attributes being close.

# 254 BearsNVA @ 06/09/13 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Looks literally the exact same as last year. I saw no difference in locomotion, even to the ball carriers.

Bring on Next-Gen....
Yeah, I think that Madden on the PS4 will show everybody what the ball carrying animations are supposed to look like. The engine they are using this year on NCAA are more about the reaction players have when they are hit or bumped, and the next gen stuff is more about movement.

Who knows though. I could be wrong and they'll both suck.

# 255 brobamigo @ 06/09/13 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Fwiw Clemson does have a qb that wore #8 in cole stoudt..although he is changing his # to 18this upcoming year

# 256 LastExit @ 06/09/13 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
If they announced that the only aspect of presentation they were working on was crowd noise/reaction I would be a happy man. It is repetitive and boring. I hate having to force myself to enjoy intense games.
+1

According to one of the podcasts the dev team "blew out" the crowd noise but this does not inspire any confidence at all. I said this last year.....sometimes I wonder if the dev team actually sits down and watches college football because the intensity of the crowd does not come close to matching it in real life. A good announcing team for college football will go silent for a few seconds after the home team scores a TD to let the viewer soak in the atmosphere.

# 257 Gronk4M13 @ 06/09/13 01:42 PM
All around, the video looks good.

# 258 brobamigo @ 06/09/13 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastExit
+1

According to one of the podcasts the dev team "blew out" the crowd noise but this does not inspire any confidence at all. I said this last year.....sometimes I wonder if the dev team actually sits down and watches college football because the intensity of the crowd does not come close to matching it in real life. A good announcing team for college football will go silent for a few seconds after the home team scores a TD to let the viewer soak in the atmosphere.
Likely wishful thinking but hopefully this is an early early build and the crowd aspect hadn't been touched yet as of this video

Wouldn't think itd be that hard to get the atmosphere part right seeing how it was perfect on last gen

# 259 kamelr3d @ 06/09/13 03:13 PM
I didn't see anything magical in this trailer at all. The physics looked minimal and basic at best. I really didn't see the physics taking affect until after the plays were over. The tackles in this video showed that they did absolutely nothing to improve that area of game play. The player equipment also looked minimal at best with the minor addition of gloves, cleats,and base layers. Helmets and face masks still look bland and out of date. The way players ran in this game still looks remnant of NCAA Football 13. Other than the cool sounding player chatter, It looks like NCAA Football 13 will be ready to go for another $60 on July 9th, 2013. (I wrote that last sentence wrong on purpose).

I think the Demo will be the ultimate nail in the coffin if it is anything like what we just saw.

# 260 jackster802 @ 06/09/13 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaGators11
Saw that too, along with a Florida #21 running back picture (there is no #21 running back) but then there is multiple Oregon pictures and others showing starters so not sure what to expect. All that really matters is the attributes being close.
Florida does have a running back #21. It's freshman Kelvin Taylor. All of the Florida players in the screen shots and video are real.

QB #10 = Tyler Murphy
TE #18 = Kent Taylor
WR #4 = Andre Dubose

The catch to all these players is that they are the second string players. Not sure why EA is showing all back ups, but they are. Maybe it has to do with the pre order packs, that are supposed to include certain players.

Also, A&M does have a black quarterback that is the back up to Manziel, the one in the video is most likely him.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.