Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

NCAA Football 14 is available now for EA Sports Season Ticket subscribers. Post your impressions here.

As a reminder, this is not a topic for questions. Please use the NCAA Football 14 Q&A thread for that.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 501 BigBlue10989 @ 07/08/13 10:29 PM
I have to say the players models look a lot more natural than year's past. The cuts, the catches (especially sideline catches, interceptions, and especially the tackles look and feel great.)

# 502 Dogslax41 @ 07/08/13 10:38 PM
Quick non impression but NCAA related question. When my season ticket access expires tomorrow, if I buy the digital retail do I need to download the game again.

# 503 Swamp Swagger @ 07/08/13 10:56 PM
Anybody on 360 wanna play later? My Internet is not that great though so might lag, but we can play a unranked game.

# 504 cubby blue @ 07/08/13 11:05 PM
My impressions of this game was great at first. But now not so good. To easy to run and pass in the game after playing with season ticket, this is the first time since 2000 I will not get the game. It will feel strange not having the game, I also feel relieved as well. Not having to worry about getting the right sliders and testing the game until I just can't anymore because i'm so frustrated.

I might pick the game up down the road. If the dev team can fix all this issues and that's a big if. If not, it's time to test the next gen and see how that goes.

I'll probably get madden for the next gen, but definitely try the demo first.

# 505 Jm0ney2001 @ 07/09/13 12:42 AM
Well I just watched the cpu let 15 secs run off the clock in the fourth qtr, down by 1 with all 3 timeouts left? They finally snap it with two secs in the game and get sacked to lose the game. I'm pretty sure a hc would get run out of town if he didn't use his timeouts in that situation. Yeah I think I'm sticking with 13.

# 506 richmondn96 @ 07/09/13 12:43 AM
They added "God's play"! One of Florida's signature formations from last season. Scored I think twice using it in the South Carolina game.

# 507 Swamp Swagger @ 07/09/13 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondn96
They added "God's play"! One of Florida's signature formations from last season. Scored I think twice using it in the South Carolina game.
Are you talking about the Hulk Formation the one with extra lineman lined up at TE. I remember that's what ended up winning us the LSU game..

# 508 bcruise @ 07/09/13 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
Quick non impression but NCAA related question. When my season ticket access expires tomorrow, if I buy the digital retail do I need to download the game again.
I'm not sure, but hang on to that download just in case. At least on the PS3 version, if I hit triangle on the NCAA 14 logo in the XMB, one of the options there is "purchase". I did select it and it said there are no items to purchase at this time, BUT maybe when the actual game gets released, there will be an option to buy it from there and skip the download again.

Just a thought.

Edit: You're given the same option if you try to start up the Early Release now that the time has expired. I think it will really work once the game goes live on the PSN store without needing to download again.

# 509 richmondn96 @ 07/09/13 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
Are you talking about the Hulk Formation the one with extra lineman lined up at TE. I remember that's what ended up winning us the LSU game..
Yes thats the one.

Just finished Game 1. Won 21-16 over Tennessee on default AA.

The game visually looks very good. Our new orange accessories look great. Our field looks great.

The audio is still horrendous. But what did we expect. Its basically the same as last year.

Gameplay is fun, but I had some trouble running the ball. Final rushing stats were me 59 to CPU 46. Both are too low IMO.

# 510 Swamp Swagger @ 07/09/13 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondn96
Yes thats the one.

Just finished Game 1. Won 21-16 over Tennessee on default AA.

The game visually looks very good. Our new orange accessories look great. Our field looks great.

The audio is still horrendous. But what did we expect. Its basically the same as last year.

Gameplay is fun, but I had some trouble running the ball. Final rushing stats were me 59 to CPU 46. Both are too low IMO.
Ya running seem kinda hard but I think it's because Florida's running backs are pretty dang average at best. Not a single one reaches even a 89 on speed along with low skills as far as breaking tackles and such

Go to depth chart and put in 2nd string full back Trey Burton and he is far better starting running back as he actually is rated better and has some decent skill stats even though I still think they have his speed to low even if he is a jack of all trades type of player, but if you wanna play realistically then he would not be at running back in real life

# 511 vrtkolman @ 07/09/13 03:05 AM
I can't put my finger on it, it just seems like the option game is it's own "mini-game" in this years NCAA. It doesn't flow right into the existing game. Example, I'll call a read option and the game decides to start it's mini-game. The defensive end will either shuffle his feet and I hand it off or he runs at the RB and I keep it. It's like I as the quarterback decided to yell out "option!" to the defense and we agree to start the option game. There could have been more than 2 possible animations from the read defender here...

I do like the cuts and foot planting this year. Putting up 50 points with Oregon feels satisfying and very realistic. However, then you put up 50 points with Vanderbilt against Alabama and it doesn't feel as great...

Offense online is extremely simple. If I know it's a zone, a slant works 100% of the time. Otherwise in man defense, an out route or crossing route works 100% of the time. You can also pretty much run any passing play against man coverage you want for great success. If the user brings 9 back in coverage (unfortunately the only way to stop user passing) then run with the QB. Even the worst running QB can sometimes truck a MLB. It's pretty ridiculous.

# 512 Letemburn @ 07/09/13 03:18 AM
You do not have to redownload it once it is available if you have season ticket. All you have to do is upgrade to full/retail once it is available. Hopefully soon, I was playing messing around with the recruiting. No real rush though, could use a break for a bit

# 513 Swamp Swagger @ 07/09/13 03:18 AM
Still hate how the computer can throw the ball 30 yards out of bounds before getting sacked even though they never left the pocket or have a Wr there

# 514 SteelerSpartan @ 07/09/13 07:38 AM
This game really needs the "Block Shed" slider put back in....and other sliders be made more powerful/functional

The kickoff slider is broken

Lets hope the annual mid to late August patch is good. Though maybe there will be some more updates than usual, seeing as how MS isn't charging for them any longer

# 515 kc10785 @ 07/09/13 08:01 AM
With all the pros and cons that I have posted in the last 2 days I decided before I go to sleep to hop online get a game or two in and see if my cons in this game can be change. I was already are aware of the glitches in the game that can't be worked around unless a patch come out. Before going to bed last night I came to the conclusion that I will hold off on buying this game. The time frame of these patches coming out will determine if I even want it or not.

Let's make this clear im a online guy so, I do 1 or 2 online Dynasties and play rank games. By that im not a slider guy and I'm truly against using sliders to have to fix broken logic or gameplay codes in the game. Sliders should be use to custom set your difficulty setting that's it. I'm truly convince the Defensive side of the ball is a major problem of the game. I'm no professional coach but I have study enough football to know which zone cover what routes. The A.I. is to dumb in this game to run zone defense. I mean I can run a cover 4 zone which open up all short routes like slants, drags, and flats but cover hook to curl routes and deep routed. Unfortunately there would be a huge hole in the middle of the field. That's just a example so if zones are broken your force to run man to man which is not that great in this game. I played someone last night who ran the same passing play the whole game. 1 WR did a come back route and another WR did a in route and it was open everytime in man coverage no matter what I did bump and run or played back. The CB react the same everytime. I really wish you can shade your conerbacks like in madden or maybe have enough logic to know this WR has ran the same route for 15th time this game let me try jumping it lol. I threw for 502 yards and he had 402 yards pretty sad.

Which what leads us to the running game. With the passing game being broken and having to put extra effort into trying to stop it you leave the running game in the spread offense wide open. The O-Line in this game is real good almost to damn good lol. I have mix feelings about the o-line because they did a better job stopping nano blitz and helping lineman get to the next level but where's the block shed.

I hope a patch comes quick because this game has potential. I was cheering for these guys to get it right but hey it's EA I have to keep my expectations low and be surprised at the end of the day.

Also for the folks that say hey everybody was in love with this game on day 1 and now don't like it. Look at it like a real good looking girl. You love her at the beginning but the more you around her you realize why this good looking girl is single. We had time with the game to find the flaws

Sent From a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Tapatalk 4

# 516 SteelerSpartan @ 07/09/13 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Just.... No!
What...are you worried the OL chucking animation will takeover again???Or that they'll screw something else up???

The cpu can't handle certain dive plays without getting their butts driven back 4-5 yards....Watching Alabamas hogs get whipped like that is awful

The front 4 DL need to be able to hold their ground better.

# 517 kc10785 @ 07/09/13 08:11 AM
Delete this post

# 518 MDN924 @ 07/09/13 09:46 AM
Played several games against the cpu, and a friend. CPU on Heisman is tough. Haven't seen to many weird issues, but refs made the wrong call on a pass play when the WR was clearly out of bounds. Game is fun, can still use improvements. Notice gray helmet cages, but once I started season play, an auto update put rosters and correct cage colors on teams.

# 519 RoyalBoyle78 @ 07/09/13 10:11 AM
I buy the game every year, but I'm on the fence right now...hate this.

# 520 kc10785 @ 07/09/13 11:31 AM
Im tired of hearing people use the sliders as there fix. If block shedding was broken before sliders adjustments then its broken online. For a company that's try to transition it's product fully to the online community the core gameplay needs to be fix out the box. Sliders should be made to customize the difficulty not fix the brokenness of a game. I feel like if you want to play NCAA be prepared to only play offline against the CPU

Sent From a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Tapatalk 4

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.