Home
Franchise Hockey Manager News Post

The Skinny:
A new hockey management simulator called Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 has been released from the same company which has brought the critically acclaimed Out of the Park baseball series to PCs.

OOTP Developments today released Franchise Hockey Manager 2014, which steps into the current hockey management game void by offering the most comprehensive GM experience on the market. FHM 2014 features 19 leagues from around the world, along with historical NHL play as far back as 1947 and the entire WHA history from 1971 to 1979.

The US$39.99 game runs on PC and Mac and can be found here.

Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 offers the following features:

• The 2013-14 season for 19 leagues around the world, with real teams and players. Available leagues include the NHL, AHL, OHL, WHL, Liiga, EIHL, KHL, SHL, and more.

• Historical play as far back as the 1947 for the NHL, as well as the entire 1971 through 1979 existence of the WHA.

• Custom leagues set up in a variety of pre-configured ways, with fresh franchises stocked with fictional players who chart unique careers.

• A robust simulation engine that produces the most realistic hockey results possible, whether players want to reproduce the later years of the Original Six, replay the high-scoring 1980s, create fictional leagues, or anything else. A variety of league rules and settings can be changed to create different experiences.

• Players oversee team finances, keep an eye on the salary cap, check on their assistance coaches and scouts, watch the waiver wire, put together trade packages, make contract offers to free agents, and much more. They also determine their team's long-term plan, keeping in mind the possibility that they could be fired if they don't live up to the owner's expectations.

You can find out more about Franchise Hockey Manager 2014, as well as purchase it, on its official website.

Game: Franchise Hockey ManagerReader Score: 2.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Mac / PCVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Simple Mathematics @ 09/03/13 04:09 PM
I've been watching this game for a while now. I'll have to see some reviews before I buy it.

# 2 Money99 @ 09/03/13 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
I've been watching this game for a while now. I'll have to see some reviews before I buy it.
A few members at HFBoards have been playing the Beta version.
Sounds like there's still a few bugs to hammer out. Including one where you can't resign your own players.

The devs have been very vocal on these boards and they appear to be very dedicated to the game and the sport. So I'd bet they get these bugs fixed asap.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...241179&page=22

# 3 Cletus @ 09/03/13 06:06 PM
I'm not sure what they're trying to do with this game. They released it with a bug that you can't re-sign players or play as St. Louis? Then they charge 40 bucks for it? This seems like a really bad decision.

# 4 Simple Mathematics @ 09/03/13 06:08 PM
I just took a look at that forum and saw that the game still has some major bugs in it. Like not being able to re-sign your own players. It sounds like they should not have released the game yet.

# 5 drewst18 @ 09/03/13 06:42 PM
I would recommend waiting until it goes on sale with future patches...unless you are a die hard hockey sim fan looking to support the product.

Potential is there but most don't buy on potential.

# 6 Blackwood Bully @ 09/03/13 06:47 PM
The game is beyond bad right now.

# 7 yougo1000 @ 09/03/13 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwood Bully
The game is beyond bad right now.
I worked on the research team and some last second bugs came up and it was going to be not enough time to fix them without delaying release and they had everything set up for release. I expect a patch soon.

# 8 Simple Mathematics @ 09/03/13 08:43 PM
Hopefully it's a Backbreaker sized patch (minus the fact that it broke other features of the game).

# 9 Money99 @ 09/03/13 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18
I would recommend waiting until it goes on sale with future patches...unless you are a die hard hockey sim fan looking to support the product.

Potential is there but most don't buy on potential.
Yeah, the game looks like it could have tremendous potential - even online leagues.
It's the first release, so it's going to have lots of bugs.
But I can imagine once this game has had a few patches, or even by the 2nd annual release, it could be something special.

# 10 speels @ 09/03/13 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
I just took a look at that forum and saw that the game still has some major bugs in it. Like not being able to re-sign your own players. It sounds like they should not have released the game yet.
I started with the Leafs and was able to sign Kadri and Franson which many people said you couldn't. The real problem is that the FA list doesn't seperate RFA and UFA so you have to search through over 3000 FA to find them. I can't, however, offer or get a response from Kessel on a contract extension which kind of sucks.

As for St Louis, there is already a quick start that allows you to play with them. That is support right there.

# 11 Perceptor @ 09/04/13 09:58 AM
I'm going to wait until the patch comes out before I attempt a save. It's too buggy for my liking right now and I don't mind waiting. Loving the potential for this game though and it'll be my hockey fix for the season.

I just hope that they allow us to edit jersey numbers in the patch. There are LOTS of errors and it's a little annoying that we can't edit them even on our own teams

# 12 Timmay @ 09/04/13 01:12 PM
I'm a big OOTP fan, but I think I'll wait on this one.

# 13 cake612 @ 09/04/13 03:36 PM
One of the producers said there should be an update on Friday or Saturday that fixes a lot of the crashes, as well as the re-sign glitch.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ss-update.html

# 14 13whitebread @ 03/24/14 09:28 PM
I am somewhat confused. This day and age these games are released with bugs as well as console games I just don't get it and the ansewer is always they will make a patch is this the lazy way of developers now that they make games incomplete and then fix them after release? I could not tell the first thing about developing a video game but that is why I pay $60.00 dollars for it. I think they will have to bring down the price for me to bite. They must be related to the commishner of the NHL

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.