Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

After ESPN confused the world earlier today claiming current generation gameplay action was next-gen, throwing the Madden public (us included) into fetal positions in the nearest corner -- EA has finally released their actual trailer for next-gen Madden today.
  • Higher fidelity graphics with more detail than ever before (obvious).
  • Animations wise, there is less compression with each one, resulting in better looking moves.
  • Better uniform degradation looks like it's in, as well as much improved lighting
  • Skin is more realistic, with light interacting with it in a more realistic manner
  • 4x the Texture Resolution, stadiums visually look much better as do crowds, fields, and uniforms.
  • Cloth physics where jerseys can be form fitting and look realistic to towels flapping around.
  • Much more varied fans both visually and with the animations. One shot showed some sitting, some standing and cheering. Oh, and crowds are fully 3D!
  • The sidelines look pretty bare still personally, but much better than they ever have on current gen.
  • EA touts the possibilities of even bigger improvements in the coming years.

You can read more on EA Sports' official site. We just added well over a dozen new next-gen screenshots here.

According to the EA website, we are expecting information on new True Step player motion, new Player Sense (AI), new line play, and the living worlds aspect of the game in upcoming information releases. This confirms several foundational aspects of the game have been redone for next-gen, we're excited to find out what it all means in the upcoming weeks.

Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 infemous @ 10/01/13 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin26385
That was next-gen. We were able to confirm that by pointing out a couple of differences with the field turf, helmets and camera men on the sideline.

Sports Center encoded in 720p (next gen should be 1080p) and only 3MB/s bitrate. At the end of the day, the video was next-gen. However, it doesn't matter. The video shouldn't even be looked at because of the uploading mistakes and it looks like they sped up the gameplay to mirror highlights they show on ESPN.
Yup.

I don't know much about how the rendering could so negatively impact the footage but the real issue we saw besides how ugly it looked is that the gameplay looks the same.

The animations are the same and the robotic movement remains.

I am not holding out much hope for it to be much better but I hope that the AI improves substantially and makes the game a lot more playable.

I also hope that all the legacy issues with regards to CFM AI and all the little glitches get ironed out making M25 next gen a playable game.

Things such as routes beating coverage regardless of ratings look unlikely to be changed and this is still going to be a huge issue for gamers looking for a sim game.

# 202 dghustla @ 10/01/13 09:21 AM
This site provides so much entertainment. Everyone wages their own personal war against EA. Just throwing tiny pebbles at the throne. Everyone who buys the game is a "sheep" and the ppl who don't buy the game are "genius' ". Ppl come in here and crown 2k. I play 2k bball every year and i see glitches and players that look like aliens in their game. Hell in their new trailer, in one of the still shot Paul Gasol actually looks black skinned.

I thought the trailer did a good job of showing off the new depth of the graphics. And the crowd renders do look more in depth and 3d. The salsa looked a little weird. But is that really a game killer? Or does it just fan the flames of ppl who watched the video wanting it fail?

# 203 capn_razzamataz @ 10/01/13 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
This site provides so much entertainment. Everyone wages their own personal war against EA. Just throwing tiny pebbles at the throne. Everyone who buys the game is a "sheep" and the ppl who don't buy the game are "genius' ". Ppl come in here and crown 2k. I play 2k bball every year and i see glitches and players that look like aliens in their game. Hell in their new trailer, in one of the still shot Paul Gasol actually looks black skinned.

I thought the trailer did a good job of showing off the new depth of the graphics. And the crowd renders do look more in depth and 3d. The salsa looked a little weird. But is that really a game killer? Or does it just fan the flames of ppl who watched the video wanting it fail?
...or it's just that some people have been disappointed with the previous 8 years of Madden, really want to enjoy it, but think this small glimpse doesn't seem to show much of an improvement over what we already have aside from graphics.

But hey, if you want to believe that we're crusading against EA as a whole, then so be it.

# 204 bjb2445 @ 10/01/13 09:48 AM
Trailer looks awesome.

# 205 Dogslax41 @ 10/01/13 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
Yup.

I don't know much about how the rendering could so negatively impact the footage but the real issue we saw besides how ugly it looked is that the gameplay looks the same.

The animations are the same and the robotic movement remains.

I am not holding out much hope for it to be much better but I hope that the AI improves substantially and makes the game a lot more playable.

I also hope that all the legacy issues with regards to CFM AI and all the little glitches get ironed out making M25 next gen a playable game.

Things such as routes beating coverage regardless of ratings look unlikely to be changed and this is still going to be a huge issue for gamers looking for a sim game.
The improper render is the reason the game "looked" like current gen. The graphics weren't sharp and polished and the colors didn't really pop. It also would have been the cause of the video looking very jerky at times. The biggest thing it seems to have killed is the lighting that EA's second video did a good job showing. The lighting in the second video looked incredible and Paul Brown looked exactly like it looks on Sunday, well except that it was at capacity. And the Superdome looked great. In the Saints v Dolphins video it was washed out, dark and lifeless.

However, it would not have caused the player models to look nothing like what they showed at E3, but exactly like player models on current gen systems. It also would not have changed the animations and running style that looked exactly like current gen and not like the Peterson E3 video. No one can watch all three of those videos and tell me that is the same game.

# 206 Kevin26385 @ 10/01/13 09:57 AM
Next-gen Doug Martin vs Current-gen:

# 207 cthurt @ 10/01/13 09:59 AM
Im going to be very disappointed if this new living world that EA is talking about includes cutscenes instead of everything being in real time.

# 208 dghustla @ 10/01/13 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capn_razzamataz
...or it's just that some people have been disappointed with the previous 8 years of Madden, really want to enjoy it, but think this small glimpse doesn't seem to show much of an improvement over what we already have aside from graphics.

But hey, if you want to believe that we're crusading against EA as a whole, then so be it.
I understand your frustration but they haven't even touched on the game play enhancements yet. So the disappointed crowd saw similar animations to current gen and immediately write the game off as a bust. I respect that many will pass judgement or already had passed judgement based on this 1 minute video. Its hard to have a level headed discussion about THIS trailer when everyone is comparing it to the last 8 years instead of what we are looking at now.

# 209 infemous @ 10/01/13 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
The improper render is the reason the game "looked" like current gen. The graphics weren't sharp and polished and the colors didn't really pop. It also would have been the cause of the video looking very jerky at times. The biggest thing it seems to have killed is the lighting that EA's second video did a good job showing. The lighting in the second video looked incredible and Paul Brown looked exactly like it looks on Sunday, well except that it was at capacity. And the Superdome looked great. In the Saints v Dolphins video it was washed out, dark and lifeless.

However, it would not have caused the player models to look nothing like what they showed at E3, but exactly like player models on current gen systems. It also would not have changed the animations and running style that looked exactly like current gen and not like the Peterson E3 video. No one can watch all three of those videos and tell me that is the same game.
This is what I thought.

Gameplay still looks pretty much unchanged and the absence of realistic player interactions continues to be an issue going into next gen.

The little highlight vid we saw at e3 showed off everything new but smartly left off everything old that remains.

Things like QB drop backs being identical, players skating/gliding/hovering above the grass remain and players turning and changing directions completely upright and stiff remains too.

I think it's important to state that we now have enough evidence to support the claim that Madden 25 on next gen is not going to be a significant difference and anyone expecting it to be are being unrealistic, while anyone tryin to say it'll be a significantly better game are blowing smoke up their own ****.

All we can hope for is the removal of legacy issues and the absence of game breaking bugs and glitches with a view to development of a game that truly focuses on gameplay and realism next year. As we always seem to do.

# 210 dghustla @ 10/01/13 10:21 AM
Quote:
This is what I thought.

Gameplay still looks pretty much unchanged and the absence of realistic player interactions continues to be an issue going into next gen.

The little highlight vid we saw at e3 showed off everything new but smartly left off everything old that remains.

Things like QB drop backs being identical, players skating/gliding/hovering above the grass remain and players turning and changing directions completely upright and stiff remains too.

I think it's important to state that we now have enough evidence to support the claim that Madden 25 on next gen is not going to be a significant difference and anyone expecting it to be are being unrealistic, while anyone tryin to say it'll be a significantly better game are blowing smoke up their own ****.

All we can hope for is the removal of legacy issues and the absence of game breaking bugs and glitches with a view to development of a game that truly focuses on gameplay and realism next year. As we always seem to do.

On Chris Johnson's cutback you can see a chunk of grass torn out of the ground by his cleats. I think at this stage you will see a little bit of everything. I think at times you will see some quirky animations, and at other times you will see more realistic animations.

# 211 infemous @ 10/01/13 10:35 AM
Quote:
On Chris Johnson's cutback you can see a chunk of grass torn out of the ground by his cleats. I think at this stage you will see a little bit of everything. I think at times you will see some quirky animations, and at other times you will see more realistic animations.
But then right after they demonstrate the blades of grass they show a close up of someone running and they are hovering above the grass.

I think that if there is at least the impression of weight factoring into every movement and zig zag running is no longer an effective way to lose pursuers then I will be satisfied.

With regards to animations rendering faster I hope this means that you are no longer trapped into a certain outcome once an animation has triggered. I hope that catches can be actually broken up instead of just being forced into a drop and if a RB is stiff arming someone he can be hit by another defender.

# 212 dghustla @ 10/01/13 10:41 AM
Quote:
But then right after they demonstrate the blades of grass they show a close up of someone running and they are hovering above the grass.

I think that if there is at least the impression of weight factoring into every movement and zig zag running is no longer an effective way to lose pursuers then I will be satisfied.

With regards to animations rendering faster I hope this means that you are no longer trapped into a certain outcome once an animation has triggered. I hope that catches can be actually broken up instead of just being forced into a drop and if a RB is stiff arming someone he can be hit by another defender.
I agree with what your saying. It's not a natural look. It's more of a programmed outcome. That every time someone does a hard juke on the right stick that chunks of grass should pop. I still think the game will be better than current gen the AI trailer will truly be make or break in terms of what we got this year. I know ppl aren't crazy about blades of grass. but this screen shot is amazing.

# 213 capn_razzamataz @ 10/01/13 10:42 AM
Quote:
I understand your frustration but they haven't even touched on the game play enhancements yet. So the disappointed crowd saw similar animations to current gen and immediately write the game off as a bust. I respect that many will pass judgement or already had passed judgement based on this 1 minute video. Its hard to have a level headed discussion about THIS trailer when everyone is comparing it to the last 8 years instead of what we are looking at now.
The thing is, very few people have completely written off next-gen Madden. The majority of critics, myself included, are not saying the game will be bad or that the final product will only be a prettier version of current-gen. People are saying that the small bit of footage they've seen does not appear to be as much of an improvement over current-gen as they had hoped...in their opinions.

I guess I just don't understand the need to defend either side of the argument. If someone thinks the trailer looks great, so what? You may not agree but their enthusiasm isn't affecting you in any way. If someone thinks it looks terrible, so what? They're just hoping to eventually get a football game they can truly enjoy.

# 214 elgreazy1 @ 10/01/13 11:23 AM
All look, no substance.

# 215 Only1LT @ 10/01/13 11:27 AM
Well, they did it. I didn't think it was possible, but Tiburon surprised the hell out of me, and I'm man enough to admit it. I wouldn't have dreamed it in a million years, but after watching this video, I'd be happy happy if the retail build turned out to be as underwhelming as the E3 IGN live demo

I can't even tell what's greater. My sense of disappointment, frustration, or anger. This is not good. It's really just not good.

I don't understand the defense that it's just a trailer. This is a trailer, that EA released, OF THE GAME! This isn't some rumor, or unsubstantiated gossip. This is the real McCoy.

Could this be an early build? Of course it could, but so what? It can not be guaranteed that the retail will be any better, worse, or the same than this trailer, so I'm going by what we have right now. And to me, what we have right now, looks the same as... well, what we have right now... on current gen.

There are no excuses to be had. Anyone that has played Madden extensively over the years, and who has eyes, can look at the video and tell, IMMEDIATELY, that the animations and player models look the same as current gen. Look at the juke. That is the exact same juke animation. Look at the QB dropback. The same. Look at the running animation of Cruz running the Fly pattern. Same running animation. The animations are the same. There is no disputing that other than being in denial. If the animations looked great as is, then that would not be an issue, but the animations are as far from great as Earth is to the Sun.

It actually looks worse than what was shown previously, and thought what was shown previously was mediocre. Even the graphical "fidelity" leaves much to be desired when comparing to other next gen games.

If this is an early build, and the end game looks much better than this, then they shouldn't have released this. In this case, it's ok to shoot the messenger (not literally). Bottom line, it isn't about them not talking about gameplay, or presentation, or anything like that. It isn't even about them going on and on (again) about grass. It's simply about what you can see in the trailer. That's all it should be about. That's all it is about for me, and what I see in the trailer has an uncanny resemblance to what I could go to GameStop and buy right now, if I was so inclined. I base that FACT on my eyes. No anti EA agenda required.

Still waiting to see something, ANYTHING, to get excited about. Yet, all I get is deja vu.

# 216 jenglund @ 10/01/13 11:31 AM
Not interested in blades of grass.

Looks prettier, but those animations look the same. The same weird jump-two-feet to the side juke. Who does that in real life? Players still look stiff.

Obviously, hardly any gameplay footage, so I'm underwhelmed.

# 217 adub88 @ 10/01/13 11:39 AM
This next update with the true step player motion is going to be the one for me. I don't think any of us can deny that the very brief running animations showed in that Peterson video last week looked very fluid. I can only hope that was a sample of what we're going to get. If we get the same running animations as current gen, oh boy.....

According to their info on the Ignite Engine "Players accelerate, evade and shift momentum with the agility and explosiveness of real-world athletes" We saw a glimpse of that in that video.

# 218 Kevin26385 @ 10/01/13 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I'm over here virtually screaming at the computer screen, do people not realize this video IS NEXT GEN M25 TOO? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SE3wLTZDtM

I think the other OS thread needs to be reopened because people seem to be getting the wrong impression. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...imulation.html

A few weeks ago when people were asking about next gen footage I kept pointing out that there was already some from the AP run game E3 demo, that was being overlooked because it was underwhelming. Now the same bs seems to be playing out again where all this focus is being put on and directed solely towards this trailer while the other underwhelming next gen video of MNF is being marginalized. Not to mention if the main reason for that MNF video being so bad was the encoding, at what point will EA or ESPN upload the same video correctly coded?
That is on ESPN, EA can only do so much. Yes, the video above is next-gen. However, I wouldn't look at it. The quality is awful (Just look at the blurry intro) and the gameplay seems sped up to fit into the segment.

# 219 SageInfinite @ 10/01/13 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myownsun
Wait, so the other video IS next gen footage?
Yes it was.

# 220 Kevin26385 @ 10/01/13 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
So it should be completely ignored due to the encoding issues, even though ESPN nor EA have made the same video with the correct coding available to the public? It doesn't make sense to accept a trailer as a replacement for an actually game play video with awful quality, what makes sense is that EA, ESPN or both replace it with a higher quality version of the same game play video.
Just my opinion. I am not going to watch the ESPN video because it doesn't look like what I will be playing in November.

Also, both are gameplay videos...

EDIT: I agree, I would love to see the same video in the highest quality possible. However, you can't be naive to how big a big company like ESPN runs social media. They will NEVER delete that video and upload a new one. It just won't happen.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.