Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

After ESPN confused the world earlier today claiming current generation gameplay action was next-gen, throwing the Madden public (us included) into fetal positions in the nearest corner -- EA has finally released their actual trailer for next-gen Madden today.
  • Higher fidelity graphics with more detail than ever before (obvious).
  • Animations wise, there is less compression with each one, resulting in better looking moves.
  • Better uniform degradation looks like it's in, as well as much improved lighting
  • Skin is more realistic, with light interacting with it in a more realistic manner
  • 4x the Texture Resolution, stadiums visually look much better as do crowds, fields, and uniforms.
  • Cloth physics where jerseys can be form fitting and look realistic to towels flapping around.
  • Much more varied fans both visually and with the animations. One shot showed some sitting, some standing and cheering. Oh, and crowds are fully 3D!
  • The sidelines look pretty bare still personally, but much better than they ever have on current gen.
  • EA touts the possibilities of even bigger improvements in the coming years.

You can read more on EA Sports' official site. We just added well over a dozen new next-gen screenshots here.

According to the EA website, we are expecting information on new True Step player motion, new Player Sense (AI), new line play, and the living worlds aspect of the game in upcoming information releases. This confirms several foundational aspects of the game have been redone for next-gen, we're excited to find out what it all means in the upcoming weeks.

Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 NicVirtue @ 09/30/13 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Ah, the irony of your statement. I don't care about the profit margin, in this instance. My viewpoint is that of a gamer. I could care less about how profitable either title is. I care about how fun and rewarding a gaming experience it is. When I go to work, different story. And you have brought into focus what ills the industry at large. FIFA is fun, and becoming more profitable by the iteration Madden is on the decline. Maybe because it's not considered either fun or top tier anymore. Seems Tiburons marketing is spending more than ever and trying harder than ever to polish Petunia. Doesn't seem to be helping the eroding sales, does it?

P.S. I must disagree with your oversimplification that FIFA simply sells more because of a larger geographic audience. It sells in that larger market because it is a better game. When it was chasing PES in quality, it wasn't the monster seller it is now. It was much like madden, relying on licenses and authenticity. Option files made that a mute point. FIFA sells like hotcakes due to EAC spending the money and time to build a great game.....
This

Some people, no matter how life like and fantastic Madden is, will hate it simply because EA has the rights. They are literally blind folded by hate. But whats funny is that if the "2K" logo was slapped on every piece of Madden next gen footage, they'd eat it all up.

# 122 ChicagoChris @ 09/30/13 10:00 PM
Look, anyone expecting a miracle Madden 25 next gen is fooling themselves. It'l be a souped up Madden 25 current gen. EA needs time to fully utilize the next gen platform. It is like this with every new release.

It'll be a good game, and yes I feel Madden 25 current gen is good. Like everyone else, lets see what EA can do with a new gen on the playability side.

Here's hoping for blocked kicks and the occasional DPI!!!

# 123 tnixen @ 09/30/13 10:06 PM
I admit a few hours ago I bitched and moaned when I saw that so called Next Gen trailer. But after now seeing the "real" Next Gen Madden 25 trailer I am once again excited for the future of Madden. I think Madden 25 on Next Gen will be the start of something special.

# 124 NicVirtue @ 09/30/13 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris
Look, anyone expecting a miracle Madden 25 next gen is fooling themselves. It'l be a souped up Madden 25 current gen. EA needs time to fully utilize the next gen platform. It is like this with every new release.

It'll be a good game, and yes I feel Madden 25 current gen is good. Like everyone else, lets see what EA can do with a new gen on the playability side.

Here's hoping for blocked kicks and the occasional DPI!!!
Echoed. I kept hearing people say they didn't get a full dev cycle with next gen madden, so the 2nd year is when I will REALLY expect the best football gaming experience ever.

# 125 dghustla @ 09/30/13 10:09 PM
The trailer looks amazing. It was the first trailer that focused on the most obvious improvements which was graphics. Honestly ppl are underwhelmed? When have u ever seen individual sweat beads on a player. Lighting on the skin? The reflection of the stadium in on the players helmet? The players helmet being an independent property? The gameplay trailers will follow. Seriously who clicks on a graphics trailer and complains it only covers graphics? Lol

Ppl on this site swear that because they didn't like Madden it's been a failure. News flash millions of ppl love this game and buy it year in and year out. Some of you guys are just EA haters. U won't admit that you are haters, you say ur being objective but you have an obvious bias. Which is fine everyone is is entitled to their opinion. But why spend so much time trying to convince ppl they don't like it. Or critize them because they are impressed and you are not?

# 126 tmac747 @ 09/30/13 10:12 PM
Strange how much better next-gen helmets look compared to M25 current gen and M13. But, if I recall correctly, M12 helmets and uniforms where pretty nice looking. M12 had the shine and sparkle to the helmets as well.I think Ea sports has purposely dumb-down the graphics to make next gen stand out even more.Now, lets see how the AI plays in next gen.

# 127 Boomdox @ 09/30/13 10:13 PM
C'mon guys, this was a presentation trailer. Of course the focus of the video would be graphics.

# 128 wallofhate @ 09/30/13 10:15 PM
I love football but this makes me disappointed a little bit. I didn't care about or expect a huge leap in graphics Madden always had good graphics with minor gripes here or there. I did expect big jumps in player movement and presentation. I wanted it to almost dwarf the old iterations in movement and presentation but from the tidbits we've gotten so far it looks like current gen with a prettier dress and lipstick. I was wowed by nba 2k trailer it is visually a big jump and you know the movement and the little things are gonna be there by their track record. I have a sliver of faith that I'm gonna be proven wrong about this game but I'm not holding my breathe. It seems ea is content with being marginally above mediocre. Maybe football movement is harder than it seems to implement in a game.

Hopefully atleast the chess match part of football will happened with all this extra processing power and pc type cpu's

# 129 djordan @ 09/30/13 10:18 PM
Maybe EA is bringing back Mutant League football after-all? Zombie kaepernick!!!

# 130 DCowboys22 @ 09/30/13 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdox
C'mon guys, this was a presentation trailer. Of course the focus of the video would be graphics.
Now now, lets not use our head here. We're supposed to hate EA and Madden remember? Can't believe they didnt show a full game, provide all the details of CCM, Online features, and show every animation in the game. They MUST be hiding something.

# 131 wallofhate @ 09/30/13 10:24 PM
Still confused how they don't have all the Nike cleats and gloves also a little strange to me

# 132 deebo2246 @ 09/30/13 10:28 PM
EA, how in the world is this next gen and we still have static sidelines!! I don't want to see replay mode at all show me the gameplay and quit being graphic junkies. Graphics is only one part of the game if gameplay is still the same. Please NFL stop this exclusive license stuff and let other companies into the game arena so we can have a real competitive game experience.

# 133 ultralow36 @ 09/30/13 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
It appears gameplay is coming, they have to fill the next six weeks with something...they chose to start with the graphics. Give it some time.
O know i understand that mmchris...he said ea was avoiding gameplay..i simple said nobody is showing gameplay not just EA.:banghead:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

# 134 AmericasTeam @ 09/30/13 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deebo2246
EA, how in the world is this next gen and we still have static sidelines!! I don't want to see replay mode at all show me the gameplay and quit being graphic junkies. Graphics is only one part of the game if gameplay is still the same. Please NFL stop this exclusive license stuff and let other companies into the game arena so we can have a real competitive game experience.
Yeah, that section on the static sidelines was a real bummer. Are you kidding me?

# 135 AmericasTeam @ 09/30/13 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac747
Strange how much better next-gen helmets look compared to M25 current gen and M13. But, if I recall correctly, M12 helmets and uniforms where pretty nice looking. M12 had the shine and sparkle to the helmets as well.I think Ea sports has purposely dumb-down the graphics to make next gen stand out even more.Now, lets see how the AI plays in next gen.
You really think they dumbed down graphics to make next gen stand out? You're smarter than this dude.

# 136 Jet Sufferer @ 09/30/13 10:44 PM
I can't believe even Madden has succumbed to the Zombie craze, do I have to throw passes with Zombie Manning, Brees, and Kaepernick?

EDIT: djordan beat me to it, lol

# 137 Big T120588 @ 09/30/13 10:44 PM
I wonder if helmets can get knock off. At 35 sec mark the helmet move and doesn't look attached to the head.

# 138 DCowboys22 @ 09/30/13 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericasTeam
Yeah, that section on the static sidelines was a real bummer. Are you kidding me?
Yea I read that comment about static sideliens and I went back and tried to find out what he was talking about. At best you can see a fraction of the Bengals sidelines for about half a second, how in the world can anyone know anything about the sidelines from this trailer?

# 139 DaveDQ @ 09/30/13 10:49 PM
The problem with the "every blade of grass" stuff is right after he says that they show the footwork of a player maneuvering on it and his feet float above "every blade of glass."

The point is, if you are going to tout how you can zoom in and look at the grass detail (who does that), then at least compliment it with proper player movement in that grass.

so you can say people are complaining and what not, but a trailer like this only leaves me with the impression that they brainstormed what should be the primary objective for Madden 25's next gen appearance and came up with grass.

# 140 mnyce @ 09/30/13 10:50 PM
So, it's looking like the footage espn posted earlier was from next gen but at a lower target render. So everyone who was looking for improved gameplay which I believe is 90% of this community should wake up to the sad reality that is now . At this point, I'm confident that gameplay is 100% identical to current gen.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.