Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 25 video, featuring CoachGlass with SmartGlass, exclusive to the Xbox One. CoachGlass gives Madden players a defensive coordinator by their side, providing easy access to an opponent’s offensive tendencies, play history and more.

YOUR OWN COORDINATOR

As soon as the opponent picks an offensive formation, CoachGlass will recommend three plays based on either the personnel or the opponent’s tendencies. This data is pulled from tens of thousands of online games and is tailored for specific formations and plays. Once you select your play, CoachGlass will then highlight the opponent’s biggest threats, allowing you to key in on the most dangerous players.

CO-OP OPPORTUNITIES

Looking to hand off the X’s and O’s responsibility? Simply have a friend or family member take over on CoachGlass to let them assume defensive coordinator duties while you focus on shutting down the opposition. CoachGlass gives players a whole new way to experience Madden NFL 25, and helps teach basic play-calling strategy in a fun, intuitive way.

DYNAMIC UPDATES

New data is constantly being fed into CoachGlass, allowing for even more accurate tracking of opponent tendencies and strategy. The Madden NFL servers capture the result of every online play, and CoachGlass will be regularly updated for easy access to the best plays available, regardless of the situation.

INSTANT RECALL

Looking for that killer blitz that led to a big play earlier in the game? CoachGlass remembers the last 64 plays called and provides an in-depth look at the most effective plays. Search through your plays to reveal trends in order to get a read on what your opponent is going to call next.

Press Release

CoachGlass Redefines Strategy in Madden NFL 25 for Xbox One

Second-Screen Experience Puts a Defensive Coordinator on Your Smartphone or Tablet

Today EA SPORTS unveiled CoachGlass, a powerful new defensive tool for tablets and smartphones that will change the way fans play Madden NFL 25. CoachGlass allows players to see their opponent’s offensive tendencies, personnel groupings and major weapons, and suggests defensive plays designed to counter the offense’s biggest strengths. CoachGlass uses the power of the cloud to pull data from tens of thousands of online matchups, with regular updates providing a fresh stream of content and recommendations to users. CoachGlass will be available for Madden NFL 25 on Xbox One at launch.

CoachGlass is useful for all skill levels, as it can be used to select plays based on offensive personnel groups, or to track tendencies at various downs and distances in order help players predict the opposition’s tendencies, and call plays to defend the part of the field their opponent is likely to attack. CoachGlass also allows users to browse through previous plays called during a given game, with filters to sort by down, distance and more. Best of all, CoachGlass can be used at any point in a game, as well as both online and offline in Play Now, Connected Franchise, Madden Ultimate Team and other modes.

CoachGlass also opens up new opportunities for co-op, allowing one player to take the tablet or smartphone and act as defensive coordinator, while another player handles the on-field action. It’s a perfect way for players to teach friends and loved ones the strategy of football in a fun and approachable way.

CoachGlass is part of SmartGlass for Xbox One and is exclusive to Microsoft. CoachGlass can be accessed on any tablet or smartphone that is able to download SmartGlass for Xbox One.

Madden NFL 25 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon and is now available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 entertainment system, as well as on iPhone®, iPad® and Google Play. Madden NFL 25 will also be available for Xbox One, the all-in-one entertainment system from Microsoft on November 19th, and the PlayStation®4 on November 12th.

Below are a some of the articles that have popped up on the net:

Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 allgames @ 10/08/13 11:23 AM
If only the brilliant developers at DICE were huge NFL fans, we would be getting a game that made our jaws drop, not just military fps fans. The difference between what DICE has done with the battlefield franchise and what Tiburon has done with madden is just mind boggling. Think about the number of online players, destruction, living battlefields and super fast online play... Then look at the mess that is current gen Madden. Why oh why can't we have developers competing for our NFL game dollars?!?

# 42 maine84 @ 10/08/13 11:26 AM
This is pointless

# 43 Steve_OS @ 10/08/13 11:30 AM
Just added 6 screenshots to the OP.

# 44 ultralow36 @ 10/08/13 11:37 AM
looks good will try

# 45 ThaShark28_316 @ 10/08/13 11:40 AM
This just makes me MORE disappointed in EA 7-8 years ago when they said they couldn't bring ps2/xbox graphics and gameplay to 360/ps3.

This looks like the same game, just enhanced. (Which would have been FINE back in Madden NFL 06 for me...lol)

# 46 dghustla @ 10/08/13 11:40 AM
too bad I'm a ps4 guy cuz man this looks like an awesome feature. I feel like I would need a coordinator next to me to give me all of this information.

as others have mentioned hopefully the A.I. is using this same data to add some type of method to their play calling.

# 47 myownsun @ 10/08/13 11:42 AM
http://youtu.be/PE-_eg-CM_0
gameplay footage from engadget

Someone embed this

# 48 SageInfinite @ 10/08/13 11:43 AM
I'm going PS4 so this isn't relevant for me, but I hope One buyers can enjoy it. Doesn't seem like something I'd use anyway.

The most disappointing thing from that video is the same cut-scenes and floaty camera views from current gen. This team just doesn't want to blur the line between reality and the game. Just wack presentation man. Looks exactly like current gen in that aspect. They just don't realize how much that would add the initial look of the game.

# 49 StL_RamZ @ 10/08/13 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myownsun

Someone embed this
Pretty sure this thread will become an impression thread for the gameplay from this video. Hahaha

# 50 dghustla @ 10/08/13 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlackThumbz
Awsome ....if you are getting xbox one I dont know how having a feature for one console not the other helps but I dont really unddrstand anything ea does and I wonder if ps4 will get an exclisive feature but as for coach glass its not a make or break feature so I don't care so much. So I will stay tuned for more info hopefully it will be for both consoles

EA/Microsoft partnership. The reason they signed that deal was for situations like this. For some avid Madden players who haven't picked a next gen system, this could be the feature that sways them to buy an XboxOne this holiday season instead of a PS4

# 51 Dogslax41 @ 10/08/13 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
Pretty sure this thread will become an impression thread for the gameplay from this video. Hahaha
And on that note. I am very very encouraged about the oline play from the one run play that was shown. Staggered oline based on some dlinemen forcing their matchup deeper in the backfield than others and the player that made the tackle not just insta breaking the block and running away from the blocker but rather pushing off of him and turning to make the tackle. That was really the only play that showed anything other than what looks very similar to current gen.

# 52 T5063 @ 10/08/13 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
Ok everybody, lets start picking at every minute detail in this 2 min off-screen clip.... GO!

# 53 tnixen @ 10/08/13 12:01 PM
Does the way the QB is holding the football when he drops back look kind of off to anyone here? Do you think that could be improved any?

And I am not seeing any NFL Cheerleaders on the sidelines. I thought with nextgen cheerleaders would be in for sure.

# 54 dghustla @ 10/08/13 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Does the way the QB is holding the football when he drops back look kind of off to anyone here? Do you think that could be improved any?
Does look a little funny. Don't think it will be changed this year.

I like the new graphics. I can see a big difference in the player skin tone. It actually looks like flesh. I like the player models but don't understand why Dion Jordan is so thick and fat. As far as smart glass goes. I don't know if it's game changing but definitely a nice add-on imo.

# 55 cthurt @ 10/08/13 12:07 PM
Im feeling less and less excitement about NG madden with the more footage I see, the fact that I had to say to myself is this current gen footage or next gen footage makes me want to cancel my pre order. Besides for lighting and textures what is really different, and these same cutscenes coming over from current gen is simply and eye soar to say the least.

Same EA mindset just a differnt console isnt going to work for me. I guess I was a fool to think that NG wouldnt be anything like the current gen game but I shouldve known better.

# 56 jpdavis82 @ 10/08/13 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
The game plays the exact same as current gen. Same animations ugly Qb dropbacks and everything, on that half back draw from shotgun the back gets hit in the backfield by one defender and the other defender just stopped immediately and didn't even bother to help out on the tackle, he just to because our was a pre-determine canned outcome.
This frickin game is a total joke now. If they renew the NFL license, we should start a petition and send it to the president, I'm serious!
They obviously just ported the current gen version over for Madden 25 on Xbox1/PS4, all along I've felt Madden 15(next year) would be the decisive game for the future of Madden.

# 57 adub88 @ 10/08/13 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myownsun

Someone embed this
Wow...Looks like nothing like the E3 videos. Same ole below average gameplay on a very powerful console. This is why Mike Wang left EA after just one year and went back to 2K. They don't want to put the work that's required to produce a good product, and apparently don't have the know how. This video is beyond disappointing. Going to go cancel my pre-order today.

# 58 Dogslax41 @ 10/08/13 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
The game plays the exact same as current gen. Same animations ugly Qb dropbacks and everything, on that half back draw from shotgun the back gets hit in the backfield by one defender and the other defender just stopped immediately and didn't even bother to help out on the tackle, he just to because our was a pre-determine canned outcome.
This frickin game is a total joke now. If they renew the NFL license, we should start a petition and send it to the president, I'm serious!
I've been as critical of Madden as the next guy but that play looked nothing like current gen on the oline. You can see handfighting, a olineman actually turning his defender away from the play rather than pointing directly upfield and then the DE that makes the tackle actually has an animation to get off the block. The tackle was already made by the time the OLB got to the play there was nothing to help out on. A lot of the rest of the video looks very similar but the oline/dline interaction does not.

# 59 tnixen @ 10/08/13 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
They obviously just ported the current gen version over for Madden 25 on Xbox1/PS4, all along I've felt Madden 15(next year) would be the decisive game for the future of Madden.
Totally agree Madden 15 will be the Madden where we really start to see major changes!

# 60 djordan @ 10/08/13 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Totally agree Madden 15 will be the Madden where we really start to see major changes!
We said the same thing after Madden 2006 on Xbox 360 was released. Fast forward 8 years and people are still saying the same line lol.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.