Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 25 video, featuring CoachGlass with SmartGlass, exclusive to the Xbox One. CoachGlass gives Madden players a defensive coordinator by their side, providing easy access to an opponent’s offensive tendencies, play history and more.

YOUR OWN COORDINATOR

As soon as the opponent picks an offensive formation, CoachGlass will recommend three plays based on either the personnel or the opponent’s tendencies. This data is pulled from tens of thousands of online games and is tailored for specific formations and plays. Once you select your play, CoachGlass will then highlight the opponent’s biggest threats, allowing you to key in on the most dangerous players.

CO-OP OPPORTUNITIES

Looking to hand off the X’s and O’s responsibility? Simply have a friend or family member take over on CoachGlass to let them assume defensive coordinator duties while you focus on shutting down the opposition. CoachGlass gives players a whole new way to experience Madden NFL 25, and helps teach basic play-calling strategy in a fun, intuitive way.

DYNAMIC UPDATES

New data is constantly being fed into CoachGlass, allowing for even more accurate tracking of opponent tendencies and strategy. The Madden NFL servers capture the result of every online play, and CoachGlass will be regularly updated for easy access to the best plays available, regardless of the situation.

INSTANT RECALL

Looking for that killer blitz that led to a big play earlier in the game? CoachGlass remembers the last 64 plays called and provides an in-depth look at the most effective plays. Search through your plays to reveal trends in order to get a read on what your opponent is going to call next.

Press Release

CoachGlass Redefines Strategy in Madden NFL 25 for Xbox One

Second-Screen Experience Puts a Defensive Coordinator on Your Smartphone or Tablet

Today EA SPORTS unveiled CoachGlass, a powerful new defensive tool for tablets and smartphones that will change the way fans play Madden NFL 25. CoachGlass allows players to see their opponent’s offensive tendencies, personnel groupings and major weapons, and suggests defensive plays designed to counter the offense’s biggest strengths. CoachGlass uses the power of the cloud to pull data from tens of thousands of online matchups, with regular updates providing a fresh stream of content and recommendations to users. CoachGlass will be available for Madden NFL 25 on Xbox One at launch.

CoachGlass is useful for all skill levels, as it can be used to select plays based on offensive personnel groups, or to track tendencies at various downs and distances in order help players predict the opposition’s tendencies, and call plays to defend the part of the field their opponent is likely to attack. CoachGlass also allows users to browse through previous plays called during a given game, with filters to sort by down, distance and more. Best of all, CoachGlass can be used at any point in a game, as well as both online and offline in Play Now, Connected Franchise, Madden Ultimate Team and other modes.

CoachGlass also opens up new opportunities for co-op, allowing one player to take the tablet or smartphone and act as defensive coordinator, while another player handles the on-field action. It’s a perfect way for players to teach friends and loved ones the strategy of football in a fun and approachable way.

CoachGlass is part of SmartGlass for Xbox One and is exclusive to Microsoft. CoachGlass can be accessed on any tablet or smartphone that is able to download SmartGlass for Xbox One.

Madden NFL 25 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon and is now available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 entertainment system, as well as on iPhone®, iPad® and Google Play. Madden NFL 25 will also be available for Xbox One, the all-in-one entertainment system from Microsoft on November 19th, and the PlayStation®4 on November 12th.

Below are a some of the articles that have popped up on the net:

Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Droopy03 @ 10/08/13 09:09 AM
Nice Video there...

# 2 radatdude2 @ 10/08/13 09:12 AM
Pretty cool feature, for those that use smartglass it's a welcome addition. This will probably only work for franchise because with online play no time to evaluate plays before selecting.

# 3 brza37 @ 10/08/13 09:15 AM
Seriously?! Only available for Xbox one? Not available for PS4 with Vita Remote Play or the Second Screen App for iOS and Android?

SMH EA and NFL. When will this exclusive non-sense stop? Its bad enough the NFL has an exclusive license with EA but now they want to force our hand on which console to buy too?

# 4 Dogslax41 @ 10/08/13 09:17 AM
Will be a nice tool to use when evaluating CPU playcalling. This has me hopeful that they corrected the abysmal playcalling of the CPU. It does not seem like they would call this kind of attention to or give users this kind of visibility to the CPUs playcalling if it was the same as it has been.

One question though, was this video encoded incorrectly too?

# 5 Steve_OS @ 10/08/13 09:18 AM
Just added some articles from around the web to the OP.

# 6 LBzrule @ 10/08/13 09:23 AM
I like that.

# 7 kongemeier @ 10/08/13 09:25 AM
Would be cool if the CPU learned MY playcalling pattern and started to call defensive plays based on that!

No more cover 4 on 3rd and short!

# 8 roadman @ 10/08/13 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I like that.
Same here, nice addition.

# 9 UNC_Pete @ 10/08/13 09:27 AM
It's cool but not enough to sway me from PS4 even if Madden is worth a purchase (which I'm not sure at this point).

# 10 Dogslax41 @ 10/08/13 09:30 AM
Reading those articles does anyone else get the impression that this is for online only?

Doesn't that seem like this is going to make online games 2x as long since to use this feature they are going to have to extend the defensive timer after the offense calls their play?

Really hoping I didn't give them too much credit for pulling back the curtain on CPU playcalling only to see this is a feature that I more than likely won't even touch.

# 11 jeremym480 @ 10/08/13 09:31 AM
I like it, but I would rather it just work "in-game" as a second playcalling screen or something? Like hit select and pull Coach Glass up, hit select again and go back to calling your play.

I have no desire to have anything other than a controller in my hand while I'm playing.

# 12 mrprice33 @ 10/08/13 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
Reading those articles does anyone else get the impression that this is for online only?

Doesn't that seem like this is going to make online games 2x as long since to use this feature they are going to have to extend the defensive timer after the offense calls their play?

Really hoping I didn't give them too much credit for pulling back the curtain on CPU playcalling only to see this is a feature that I more than likely won't even touch.
Saw another piece specifically referring to a singleplayer demo.

# 13 LBzrule @ 10/08/13 09:39 AM
I wonder if it will also track audibles too. Sometimes people come out in the same play but like to audible based on what you come out in on defense. I'm intrigued by this.

# 14 brza37 @ 10/08/13 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
One question though, was this video encoded incorrectly too?
Yeah, I know what you mean. The sideline shots looked nearly identical to current-gen. Coaches still have jacked-up body types. The only difference seemed to be the coaches had awkwardly fitting headsets on.

# 15 aholbert32 @ 10/08/13 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
Yeah, I know what you mean. The sideline shots looked nearly identical to current-gen. Coaches still have jacked-up body types. The only difference seemed to be the coaches had awkwardly fitting headsets on.
Was just about to say that. The cutscenes are exactly the same too. Improved graphics but with the same scenes.

# 16 Dogslax41 @ 10/08/13 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Was just about to say that. The cutscenes are exactly the same too. Improved graphics but with the same scenes.
But were the graphics even that improved? I mean if the coaches didn't have headsets on and the smartglass wasn't integrated into the video there is no way I could tell that was any different than current gen.

# 17 Brooke2011 @ 10/08/13 10:03 AM
Attachment 67203 sidelines and fans look better.

# 18 StL_RamZ @ 10/08/13 10:04 AM
Feel like this would just slow down the play calling.

I still see they have the same old & tired vids that plays on the big screen TV in the stadium after an injury, touchdown, fumble ect. since madden 06'. In this case a touchdown

# 19 Brooke2011 @ 10/08/13 10:05 AM
Attachment 67204 lighting and textures look better

# 20 Brooke2011 @ 10/08/13 10:07 AM
Attachment 67205 material on the uniforms looks better. Helmets and pants have the right shine to them

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.