Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Check out the NBA 2K14 screenshot comparison of LeBron James current-gen vs. next-gen.

Your thoughts?

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Melbournelad @ 10/14/13 01:48 PM
Most impressive.

# 2 RyanFitzmagic @ 10/14/13 01:49 PM
O_O Wow.

I honestly had no plans to buy 2K14, but I'm so much of a graphics whore that I might have to scrounge the money for an Xbox One/PS4 solely for 2K14.

One small detail I can see is that it looks like white is actually white, not like... really light gray.

# 3 UnbelievablyRAW @ 10/14/13 01:55 PM
They fixed the meshes of the player models so that there isn't a space between the player and the jersey (or the ball)

Hopefully this means that people won't be able to tip the ball with the air in front of their hands anymore

EDIT: But strangely, they have the Miami uniform correct in the current gen but wrong in the next gen

# 4 BigDaddyHolmes @ 10/14/13 01:55 PM
I have to say, 2k really goes all out on this game IMO. That looks amazing, and is going to be such a nice upgrade from current gen. Specially with 1080p native resolution to boot. I love my mod pc versions, but this is just awesome.

# 5 johanan anneus @ 10/14/13 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
They fixed the meshes of the player models so that there isn't a space between the player and the jersey (or the ball)

Hopefully this means that people won't be able to tip the ball with the air in front of their hands anymore

EDIT: But strangely, they have the Miami uniform correct in the current gen but wrong in the next gen
THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING!

# 6 cthurt @ 10/14/13 01:57 PM
Oh my damn....this and this alone is the reason I dont mind spending $460 on a PS4.

# 7 MarvinOida @ 10/14/13 02:33 PM
Skin tone in current gen matches RL LeBron
Whites/lighting in Next gen matches RL lighting (white are more white in NG vs Light Gray in CG)

Tap Taptalking away from my iPhone 5.... C.

# 8 youvalss @ 10/14/13 02:37 PM
Even if the graphics were the same it would be a huge difference - since current gen LBJ has a face of some random guy. I'm not sure who they scanned (probably from last year), but it must be someone else.

# 9 JazzMan @ 10/14/13 02:38 PM
What's with the side stripe difference?

# 10 MarvinOida @ 10/14/13 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
What's with the side stripe difference?
Older build. Not biting yet though. Footage and I mean game footage not highlight reels is the thing will make me decide.

# 11 Dr. Banner @ 10/14/13 02:51 PM
Looks great, but to me current gen face has gotten worse, I hope that's not on purpose, my goodness that looks nothing like LeBron....maybe it's just because I see it next to next gen LeBron.

# 12 BigBuzz5 @ 10/14/13 03:05 PM
2K Sports, PLEASEEEE get the NFL video games license!!!!!!!!!!!

# 13 Sundown @ 10/14/13 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Banner
Looks great, but to me current gen face has gotten worse, I hope that's not on purpose, my goodness that looks nothing like LeBron....maybe it's just because I see it next to next gen LeBron.
Cur-gen Lebron wears too much eyeliner.

# 14 King Jones XX @ 10/14/13 03:09 PM
Actually for you who don't know... current gen miami uniform is allll wrong as far as number placement. The number is right on next gen... right under the "T" not suppose to be under the "A"

# 15 Hadlowe @ 10/14/13 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
Older build. Not biting yet though. Footage and I mean game footage not highlight reels is the thing will make me decide.

Out of curiosity, decide on what? Whether you buy a next gen console, whether you buy the game for your next gen console, or whether you pick up that other game?

Current gen is very fun, while not perfect from a gameplay perspective. A graphical upgrade is compelling, but certain gameplay issues also deserve attention.

# 16 canucksss @ 10/14/13 03:22 PM
One more month.......

# 17 tril @ 10/14/13 03:34 PM
have to say that this is truly impressive. Wasnt planning on buying next gen this year, but this is really making me reconsider.

# 18 Shadojoker @ 10/14/13 03:57 PM
Current gen is better :P. Because the jersey color is actually correct!

# 19 Detroitfan4life1993 @ 10/14/13 03:59 PM
Lebrons model on current gen looks so bad compared to next gen, I sure cant wait for ps4.

# 20 Permatron @ 10/14/13 04:13 PM
I can't say enough about the lighting! Just makes the player models that much better. The colors blend together perfectly. LBJ is down right on point. Cannot wait to see a DRose model.

Side note: I know the side of the jersey on the next gen shot is incorrect (positive it will be fixed by launch) but I actually would prefer those jersey's without the black piping. MIA ownership should take some notes.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.