Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports announced today it's roster of athletes for NBA Live 14. The squad includes cover athlete Kyrie Irving of the Cleveland Cavaliers and young stars Damian Lillard (Portland Trail Blazers), Ricky Rubio (Minnesota Timberwolves), John Wall (Washington Wizards), Kemba Walker (Charlotte Bobcats) and Victor Oladipo (Orlando Magic).

Each player was chosen because they embody the 'ethos' of Live 14: "Nothing but next".

Each player has been involved in motion capture in order to capture their unique signature moves as well as head scans, facial performance sessions, development consultation and more. EA plans to release videos of the players mentioned above leading up to and through the launch of Live 14 on November 19.

“The time, access and feedback these athletes have provided has been invaluable,” said NBA LIVE 14 Executive Producer Sean O’Brien. “We’ve been able to capture signature moves and unique styles through mocap sessions, and their willingness to provide open and honest feedback has helped us do so much more with the game in year one than we ever could have achieved without them.”

Read more on the athlete lineup and their role in the development of NBA Live 14.

NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 k1lo5 @ 10/14/13 03:28 PM
Ok nice work EA. Time to keep revealing more.

on a side note, nice detail in the second pic of oladipo dunking. Shoe marks on the floor look tight.

# 2 stillfeelme @ 10/14/13 03:44 PM
This is not a bad strategy by EA. They are almost like recruiting for future cover athletes by building relationships now. I also like the nice details on the floor. They didn't include one big man though? Now can we get some gameplay?

# 3 Shadojoker @ 10/14/13 03:45 PM
It's about time EA!! (But curious..why all guards?)

# 4 Sundown @ 10/14/13 03:45 PM
Finally, some heads besides Kyrie and Damien. Good likenesses, but expected since they're cyberscanned. Bodies still look marshmellowy and mediocre.

That's a huge delay for PS4.

# 5 zasbury25 @ 10/14/13 03:55 PM
Nice to see they already have the updated court (new key and baseline font/color) for Orlando...nice touches with the shoe marks and reflection of the scoreboard on the court, too.

# 6 bigeastbumrush @ 10/14/13 04:03 PM
The most hopeful part of all this was the Kyrie mo-capping video.

Let's see how well it translates though.

# 7 Shaffer26 @ 10/14/13 04:07 PM
Looks nice. Definitely giving Live a shot this year.

# 8 TheLetterZ @ 10/14/13 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadojoker
BounceTek, BounceTek, BounceTek . . .

# 9 stillfeelme @ 10/14/13 04:15 PM
Quote:

Actually I think I see what they are doing. Signature dribbling appears to be a big focus of this game, guards have the ball in there hands the most. They have talked about Bounce-Tek the most. So they have mostly guards because it will stand out in their game. The only other thing is they are trying to pick people who they feel will be the next cover athlete.

# 10 The 24th Letter @ 10/14/13 04:19 PM
I am glad they are giving some attention to signature style...that's what I have been waiting I to hear...

50 different signature dribbling packages? That's crazy....hard to fathom really..

# 11 King_B_Mack @ 10/14/13 04:34 PM
Notice the date on that page is October 8th. When was the date NBA.com "lied" about a trailer going up?

Anyway, this is a good start. The way the body types look still have a Live 10 - Elite 11 look to them. Makes me think the way they move will be similar. I'm hoping not, but we'll see sooner or later. Keep it coming, EA.

# 12 nick_sr @ 10/14/13 04:41 PM
lol nov 19th is just around the corner boys. #buckleup

# 13 stillfeelme @ 10/14/13 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Notice the date on that page is October 8th. When was the date NBA.com "lied" about a trailer going up?

Anyway, this is a good start. The way the body types look still have a Live 10 - Elite 11 look to them. Makes me think the way they move will be similar. I'm hoping not, but we'll see sooner or later. Keep it coming, EA.

Yeah something doesn't add up there. Let's see the gameplay. Plenty of games look good in still pictures but the gameplay never lies. I am expecting really good dribbling mechanics because they clearly spent some time on it, like Madden's blades of grass.

# 14 EAGLESFAN10 @ 10/14/13 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack

What you said something Semi Positive about Live 14 whhhaaaattt lmao

# 15 poloelite @ 10/14/13 05:04 PM
I want to see how the players and the elements look in actual game motion. I'm getting more scared that all the info is screen shots, or of the non gameplay variety. I remember when current gen was about to be next gen and the screenshots from different games didn't translate to the actual gameplay.

# 16 Gramps91 @ 10/14/13 05:14 PM
Quote:
same thing I'm wondering.

# 17 thedream2k13 @ 10/14/13 05:17 PM
all point guards the theme must be AND 1 dribbling and fancy passes ooops!!! 2k gotcha beat this year

# 18 LionsFanNJ @ 10/14/13 05:22 PM
...I'm worried not a single big or wing player went to ea and motion captured.

# 19 stillfeelme @ 10/14/13 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
...I'm worried not a single big or wing player went to ea and motion captured.

That is probably not true. They could get a couple bigs to motion capture big man dunks or moves but they don't necessarily have to be NBA players. Could have ex-college guys, lesser known professionals from outside NBDL but I am leaning to ex-college guys, slam dunk contest guys who knows.

# 20 Lakers24win @ 10/14/13 05:31 PM
Ok..... Let's get to the video footage.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.