Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports announced today it's roster of athletes for NBA Live 14. The squad includes cover athlete Kyrie Irving of the Cleveland Cavaliers and young stars Damian Lillard (Portland Trail Blazers), Ricky Rubio (Minnesota Timberwolves), John Wall (Washington Wizards), Kemba Walker (Charlotte Bobcats) and Victor Oladipo (Orlando Magic).

Each player was chosen because they embody the 'ethos' of Live 14: "Nothing but next".

Each player has been involved in motion capture in order to capture their unique signature moves as well as head scans, facial performance sessions, development consultation and more. EA plans to release videos of the players mentioned above leading up to and through the launch of Live 14 on November 19.

“The time, access and feedback these athletes have provided has been invaluable,” said NBA LIVE 14 Executive Producer Sean O’Brien. “We’ve been able to capture signature moves and unique styles through mocap sessions, and their willingness to provide open and honest feedback has helped us do so much more with the game in year one than we ever could have achieved without them.”

Read more on the athlete lineup and their role in the development of NBA Live 14.

NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 yungflo @ 10/14/13 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iverson_2k
There are emotions in the game. If you go back and read some of the articles on the EA website there are pictures of Nba players yelling and smiling. I'm glad I'm right when I said the info was going to be flooding in this week. These next two weeks are going to be the best. This is the most information we've gotten. That interview with Scott O'Gallagher is very informative and answers a lot of questions. I don't expect them to show all their cards just yet though. We might get another trailer later this week I'm feeling and then maybe a full 5 vs 5 next week. I think it would be better for EA to let 2k show their next gen gameplay first. B/c people remember what is the most current and recent. If they show gameplay first people will forget about it, and once the 2k videos starting dropping it will be a complete afterthought. Glad the game is confirmed! Competition is back! Let's hope 2k can get this nfl license now.
I'm sure there is emotion in the game, but I want to know is it advanced as 2k ? or at leat what they are leading on to. I don't believe ea when they say game footage, they did and kyrie double dribbled lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjuTvTt1Kik

His face changed once. That animation is similiar to a current gen emotion.

Show me a screenshot where they are yelling or showing vast differences of emotion in nbalive14. All the screenshots are stonewalled.

# 42 MarvinOida @ 10/14/13 10:09 PM
I have to admit, these players looks pretty good. I would love to see how the approach the super skinny (KD,) Muscular (LeBron,) hybrid of Skinny and Muscular (Dwight) and Fat (Big Baby) from both sides.

And gameplay wouldn't hurt.

Tap Taptalking away from my iPhone 5.... C.

# 43 MavsManiac4Life @ 10/14/13 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
BounceTek, BounceTek, BounceTek . . .
♫♪♫ Bounce Tek, (BounceTek)...... BounceTek (BounceTek),

All that they're marketing is BounceTek ♫♪♫

# 44 Jet Sufferer @ 10/14/13 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtswag187
does anyone notice that they gave Kyrie a bigger crotch, I'm not trying to be a perv or anything but it seemed noticable
They always inflate the "stats" of their cover boys at EA Sports, betcha' Kyrie has the highest crotch rating in Live this year.

# 45 Sundown @ 10/14/13 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iverson_2k
There are emotions in the game. If you go back and read some of the articles on the EA website there are pictures of Nba players yelling and smiling. I'm glad I'm right when I said the info was going to be flooding in this week.
The information so far is a still a trickle-- like EA cutting flow after a single drop.

Spoiler

# 46 La Verite @ 10/14/13 11:53 PM
Changing pre order from 2k14 to Live 14.

# 47 Fist Of Kings @ 10/14/13 11:53 PM
The looks on their faces is pretty funny, they're posing like: "Freedom...America!"

# 48 yungflo @ 10/15/13 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
This is a good look. I never understood the importance of bouncetek until playing 2k 14 the game is filled with animations. You get sucked into a move or the defender, the control scheme is so over the top you don't really do what you want to do. I'm not MR. ELITE 2K GUY, but this bouncetek thong is a good look.

As oit this news, it screams exclusivity. They are sleeping with the NBA. Next the Nba will cut a deal to have live exclusively produce a game just like madden. Thing is were gonna end up with great looking not so great playing games.
david stern said he doesn't want exclusivity. I think adam silver will follow suit. The license will stay open

# 49 HozAndMoose @ 10/15/13 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by actuallybrown
2 things:
- This game should be GOLD and in print right now. WHERE ARE VIDS?
- If the 'MyCareer Mode' (whatever they're calling it) isn't awesome, this gets passed over until next year.

Okay 3 things:
- I'm expecting a massive dump of info on modes, videos, and hands-on previews in the next 2 weeks. If I don't get that, I have to assume that this year's effort is crap...BUT, being a die-hard 2K fan, and after playing 2K14 current gen, the playing field will be level come 2014-15 season.
The game is still more than a month away. Not many games go gold this early. GTA V didnt go gold till 3 weeks before it came out.

# 50 ClevelandinDistress @ 10/15/13 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Verite
Changing pre order from 2k14 to Live 14.

What you said doesn't make any sense. They haven't put out a single piece of gameplay footage. Just because they announce they have 6 point guards that did mo-capping?

# 51 NoTiCe_O @ 10/15/13 11:31 AM
For everyone asking about emotions here you go.. It's in, and seems like it's gotten a major focus. Especially with games like UFC using the ignite engine, because facial emotions is one of their touted features.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiApBb6xAZU

I can't figure out for the life of me how to embed videos but this should do until I figure it out.

# 52 stlpimpmonsta @ 10/15/13 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoAwesome
Yeah baby this rivalry back WOO! Game hasn't released in 3 years BUT THE RIVALRY IS BACK OH YEAH!

Come on son. If people are happy about live returning, let them be happy.

# 53 stlpimpmonsta @ 10/15/13 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress

What you said doesn't make any sense. They haven't put out a single piece of gameplay footage. Just because they announce they have 6 point guards that did mo-capping?
If thats what they want to do what you're so upset that you had to look up a damn gif to show your displeasure?

While I would never do such thing (switch pre orders cause of an screenshot,especially for an EA product) do be upset at someone's happiness

# 54 ClevelandinDistress @ 10/15/13 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlpimpmonsta
If thats what they want to do what you're so upset that you had to look up a damn gif to show your displeasure?

While I would never do such thing (switch pre orders cause of an screenshot,especially for an EA product) do be upset at someone's happiness
I'm confused by your use of the english language sir.

# 55 RipCityAndy @ 10/15/13 02:21 PM
Hard to tell... are the player models different amongst the guards in the picture? Can anyone tell? The biceps and shoulders all look the same. I was hoping for some player model differentiation in next gen games.

# 56 ZoneSix @ 10/15/13 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy
Hard to tell... are the player models different amongst the guards in the picture? Can anyone tell? The biceps and shoulders all look the same. I was hoping for some player model differentiation in next gen games.
looks like they all have the same model.

# 57 La Verite @ 10/15/13 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by balljonesjr
They don't have a big man in this group does this mean they are ignoring the bigs and the game is solely focused on players with great handles those models look good tho
Dude calm down. Looking way to deep.

# 58 yungflo @ 10/15/13 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
For everyone asking about emotions here you go.. It's in, and seems like it's gotten a major focus. Especially with games like UFC using the ignite engine, because facial emotions is one of their touted features.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiApBb6xAZU

I can't figure out for the life of me how to embed videos but this should do until I figure it out.
Still need to see this in action. I haven't seen one trailer with dynamic emotion. We'll see.

# 59 WetBeaverNeeded @ 10/16/13 02:20 PM
Cool, i guess kemba walker grew about 4 inches over the summer.

# 60 Melbournelad @ 10/16/13 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtswag187
does anyone notice that they gave Kyrie a bigger crotch, I'm not trying to be a perv or anything but it seemed noticable
Why the hell were you looking down there...?

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.