Home
WWE 2K14 News Post

WWE 2K14 releases today. Play a few matches and share your impressions with the community.

Game: WWE 2K14Hype Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
WWE 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Cpre5 @ 10/29/13 11:44 PM
Well some funky stuff has started in my Universe

The last 3 PPV events it keeps having PTP vs 3MB but splitting up the teams, Titus/Heath vs Darren/Junder and so on. I went into teams and Allies/Rivals and everything is normal.

Also the WWE champ and Heavyweigt champ are mid card fights and the Intercontinental title has been the Main event for the last 3 PPV

# 42 nwfdwill @ 10/30/13 12:04 AM
Haven't touched Universe Mode, since I rented the game first before buying it. Like others, I'm really impressed with the reversal timing learning curve and the A.I.

So far, I've only experienced one glitch. In the HBK/Razor match, apparently I went for the Razor's Edge at the same time the game initiated a WM moment, so after the video, Razor ended up under the ring. You could see his hair. HBK was just rolling around the ring and in a crazy position, so I had to reset the match.

My only complaint with the game so far is that they haven't touched CAS, and it's pretty much all the same options and glitches as we've seen the past few years. I thought this would be a game-breaker for me coming into playing the game, but tbh, the improvements make up for my gripe.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

# 43 Cpre5 @ 10/30/13 12:08 AM
More little issues

Both elimination chamber matches the Kings say "_____" is in the royal rumble, or same line adding we know that music, when no music plays. But he keeps saying royal rumble

# 44 ILLCHILL @ 10/30/13 12:09 AM
First match, wanted to pummel Tensai with The Shield in a 3-on-1, but mistakenly picked Tensai as the human player. But for some reason, Reigns started annihilating the ref and I won by DQ after getting rocked for like 60 seconds.

So I figured I'd do the real deal, picked Brock to beat Taker's streak. Awesome match, was about to F5 him after fall-away-slamming him through the announce table. But he caught me in Hell's Gate and I tapped. Awesomeness.

I also just tried to defend the streak, got to 24, and Y2J pinned me with, of course, his legs on the ropes. Prick!

# 45 RnRexpress3423 @ 10/30/13 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLCHILL
First match, wanted to pummel Tensai with The Shield in a 3-on-1, but mistakenly picked Tensai as the human player. But for some reason, Reigns started annihilating the ref and I won by DQ after getting rocked for like 60 seconds.

So I figured I'd do the real deal, picked Brock to beat Taker's streak. Awesome match, was about to F5 him after fall-away-slamming him through the announce table. But he caught me in Hell's Gate and I tapped. Awesomeness.

I also just tried to defend the streak, got to 24, and Y2J pinned me with, of course, his legs on the ropes. Prick!
Heel Y2J is the best, lol that's classic

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

# 46 TJdaSportsGuy @ 10/30/13 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alifeincomplete

Also, odd quirk -- did they remove DX theme and movie from the game? Not a huge deal, but odd that they would since it was there last year.
Sure seems that way. It's really odd though that the DX theme is included as part of the menu music but you can't set it as anyone's entrance theme.

I agree with everyone who says the gameplay is improved, but these little quirks & bugs here & there are getting tiresome.

# 47 JoeMimic @ 10/30/13 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
When the roster was finalized, Bryan was not using the "Yes!" chant.
Yeah they have the Yes entrance available in the Create-A-Entrance but the only downside is you can't actually hear him yell YES like you can when he comes out with the No entrance.

# 48 JoeMimic @ 10/30/13 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alifeincomplete
Holy crap is this game hard. I love it.

I've played probably fifteen matches and lost probably six or seven of them. I did, however, manage to Defeat the Streak on just my second try with Shawn Michaels. I basically just pummeled him with chair shots and stair strikes, survived no less than six finishers (four tombstones and two Hell's Gates; all but one were outside and I managed to use resiliency to kick out after the tombstone in the ring). Hit him with a super kick and pinned him much to my surprise.

I am really digging Wrestlemania mode so far too. I just completed the Hogan/Andre match. The presentation is fantastic. The game is such a challenge!

Also, odd quirk -- did they remove DX theme and movie from the game? Not a huge deal, but odd that they would since it was there last year.
DX Movie is one of HBK's trons.

# 49 eremiomania @ 10/30/13 10:14 AM
Love the game so far! I wasn't expecting the graphics to be much improved. I was hoping for WWE 13 with some bug fixes, some better models, and the best roster ever. That's what we got!

Things I was happy to see:
- 2 count issue fixed
- entrance music not as much of a mess
- Ryback looks like Ryback
- I can hear wrestlers saying stuff sometimes (Ryback - WAKE UP!)
- no reversal loop!
- the feel of matches just feel better
- AMAZING roster.
- 30 years of wrestlemania is sweet. love the video packages.
- CUSTOM SOUNDTRACK!
- Game is actually challenging! Last year I had to try to lose if I wanted to.

Things I wasn't happy to see:
- Thank God I pre-ordered. How can Ultimate Warrior be a pre-order exclusive when you have a match as him in 30 years of Wrestlemania?
- Been mentioned before but it's a bummer that RVD, Curtis Axel, and the Uso's aren't in the game.
- So, Mr Perfect is in 30 years of wrestlemania as a manager, and as DLC as NWO, but not a playable character as Mr. Perfect?

# 50 joshopsu @ 10/30/13 10:39 AM
Last year I hated the way they did the pin kickout meter. How is it different this year? I personally would like to see the old school button mash.

# 51 UMhester04 @ 10/30/13 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshopsu
Last year I hated the way they did the pin kickout meter. How is it different this year? I personally would like to see the old school button mash.

I agree with ya on that one but the meter is a little better this year. It just seems like the kickout meter is in a logical place for a good majority of the time. Bothered me last year but not so much this year.

# 52 Ice_Cold345 @ 10/30/13 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshopsu
Relying on button mash for a pin system when things like turbo controllers exists and are somewhat of a common thing is a bad idea. It should be an option for offline, but online, it should be a timing thing(which is still bad with lag, but better than button mashing) or some new system.

# 53 mva5580 @ 10/30/13 12:49 PM
I played a little bit last night and while I'm sure there are little glitches here and there that I will stumble upon, overall I find the game to be impressive. A lot of excellent "little things" here and there that stand out.

The commentary though...just horrible. I didn't bother last night to see if there was an option to turn it off, but I'll be doing that tonight.

# 54 rdros23 @ 10/30/13 01:20 PM
Have been struggling with the idea of whether or not to buy this. I don't think I've ever not purchased a new WWE game.

I am almost through GTAV, and I have a PS4 coming in two weeks w/ NBA 2k14 and BF4. If I buy WWE 2k14, it will be my last purchase of a current gen game. Is it good enough that I will keep coming back to it, even with the PS4?

# 55 eremiomania @ 10/30/13 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdros23
Have been struggling with the idea of whether or not to buy this. I don't think I've ever not purchased a new WWE game.

I am almost through GTAV, and I have a PS4 coming in two weeks w/ NBA 2k14 and BF4. If I buy WWE 2k14, it will be my last purchase of a current gen game. Is it good enough that I will keep coming back to it, even with the PS4?
I would have waited a year for the next gen iteration if it wasn't for the roster.
I'm assuming guys like Hogan probably won't be back next year. If you don't care about the golden age roster, pass. That being said, this game is awesome.

# 56 Mercury112491 @ 10/30/13 02:44 PM
How the **** are u supposed to win the Flair/Savage match. It seems like no matter where I am in the ring Savages leverage pin ends up throwing Flairs hands into the ropes.

# 57 PVarck31 @ 10/30/13 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
How the **** are u supposed to win the Flair/Savage match. It seems like no matter where I am in the ring Savages leverage pin ends up throwing Flairs hands into the ropes.
I got him in the corner and hit a leverage pin that brought him into the middle of the ring.

I'm stuck on WM X. I suck at ladder matches so I'm having a hard time. Pretty frustrating but I'm sure I'll get it eventually.

# 58 Mercury112491 @ 10/30/13 03:03 PM
So far I was stuck on Savage/Steamboat, Hogan/Warrior and Savage/Flair. Just finished IX.

# 59 Grumpykore @ 10/30/13 03:30 PM
After playing a few more hours I have to say I'm completely satisfied with the gameplay this year. WM mode is super hard (on hard) diff was on Legend like normal play but AI is to good...took me like 6 tries to do 15,000 body slam challenge. On 2 part of wm3. UT streak is a nice addition to the series.
universe mode Justin audio is messed up but patch might fix. I sure like the rival setup. My son was playing his U and I got to see..I'll get mine going tonight.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 60 PVarck31 @ 10/30/13 03:37 PM
This game continues to impress me. Now that the AI is actually competent its starting to feel more like a wrestling game than a fighting game. You have to use strategy. If you just spam punches and kicks the AI will just reverse them and start pounding you.

It also seems like there is more flow. Matches don't seem to go back and forth as much. It seems like when the AI gets the upper hand they are able to be in control for a while until you can hit a reversal, which are harder this year imo.

I was wrestling Cena and he did his comeback on me, Hit the 5 knuckle shuffle and then the AA and won. Orton did the Garvin stomp, the rope DDT then hit me with a RKO out of nowhere to beat me.

Last year I had to let the AI win most of the time. This year I try as hard as I can and still lose.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.