Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

QJB has been given the green light on some Madden NFL 25 next-gen videos. For the next 4 days, he will post a new video. Today's video features True Step and enhanced graphics.

Thoughts?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 roadman @ 11/01/13 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
We are 10 days away from release and we have only seen war in the trenches. That might be very telling. If what we have seen in the latest video is what living worlds is going to be in the final build well then I don't expect to see a living worlds or AI blog. Because they probably can't live up to the promise. Kind of like true step being only true to a couple guys on the field. So if true step isn't so true and living worlds aren't so alive then I can't imagine AI being as smart as they were first claiming.
That's a lot of speculation, isn't it?

# 162 roadman @ 11/01/13 12:49 PM
Quote:
Well the good thing about EA is you can speculate about Madden and usually nail it on the head. They are pretty predictable. We have always used the old build excuse for Madden and it usually is always in the final build. With that knowledge and seeing the "living worlds" in this video we can see it's far from what they claimed it was supposed to be. I know it's speculation, but I am confident that this is probably what it looks like. EA has given themselves this reputation. Hopefully they can fix that this coming generation. However, from what we have seen so far it doesn't look good.
I don't disagree, but I'm hoping there is more info to come before hitting the nail with the hammer.

# 163 roadman @ 11/01/13 12:55 PM
Quote:
I hope so too man. I want to be wrong more than anything, but history makes me think differently. Although I'm sure they will release the videos. I just think they will probably disappoint. That said we have 10 days left and 2 videos they should be releasing. I'm not sure the hold up. Doesn't make sense to be this close and not have videos of these features when we were supposed too.
Understood, the wait has been difficult.

Everyone was saying the same thing when the MNF videos appeared and then, all of a sudden, out of the clear blue sky, the war in the trenches videos appeared.

It can happen. Will it? Time will tell.

# 164 TeeDogg @ 11/01/13 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
youtu.be/fq4-lkrZ-ZM

You actually believe that? Much like active sidelines and better crowds, Lolol.....
Lmao that was pretty funny. Infinity commentary .......YouTube guys..........lol

# 165 NicVirtue @ 11/01/13 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
what did I just watch? 0_o
My thoughts exactly...if that is actually the new commentary, I will be turning it off asap.

# 166 apollon42 @ 11/01/13 01:12 PM
Why is there emotion on the players? AP is running and looking like a lifeless zombie? I mean in other basketball game, Lebron dunks and you can see the excitement on his face. Here, the players look bored, and emotionless. If AP is on a long run, he should be huffing and puffing like someones chasing him. Not just staring into space.

# 167 green94 @ 11/01/13 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden_Fan_ST
It looks like they are redoing the commentary engine as well.

youtu.be/fq4-lkrZ-ZM

I think NBA2K will have some competition in this department. Finally new commentary that actually reacts to the game itself!
Are you going to post this in every Madden thread? Please don't.

# 168 apollon42 @ 11/01/13 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
Lmao that was pretty funny. Infinity commentary .......YouTube guys..........lol
That is a great commentary if EAs marketing campaign. I thought it was real at first because that's how bad the commentary sounds.

# 169 SageInfinite @ 11/01/13 02:30 PM
Quote:
We are 10 days away from release and we have only seen war in the trenches. That might be very telling. If what we have seen in the latest video is what living worlds is going to be in the final build well then I don't expect to see a living worlds or AI blog. Because they probably can't live up to the promise. Kind of like true step being only true to a couple guys on the field. So if true step isn't so true and living worlds aren't so alive then I can't imagine AI being as smart as they were first claiming.

They actually already did the AI blog. The only thing left is Living Worlds. I assume that would be next week if not today.

# 170 roadman @ 11/01/13 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
They actually already did the AI blog. The only thing left is Living Worlds. I assume that would be next week if not today.
oops, they did the AI blog?

When, did I miss that?

Is that just players sense, if it is that only, I will have a bird.

# 171 reverend_heat @ 11/01/13 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

When, did I miss that?

Get the nest ready

# 172 SageInfinite @ 11/01/13 04:11 PM
Quote:

When, did I miss that?

Yes, Player Sense was the AI blog, lol. SMH.

# 173 roadman @ 11/01/13 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
I think its a matter of laziness. This has been a great thread and there were alot of things called out. Rightfully so. I want Madden to be great not just serviceable. The crowd is disappointing. We were told of all the power these new consoles have and some games have already show that.

I keep saying Madden needs a whole new team of people. Ian Cummings and crew new to go. No offense , but these same people keep doing the same things over and over. Madden needs to be built from the ground up completely
I really don't meant to be crass or anything, but I had to read this twice to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

Ian left two years ago and Cam Weber is in charge.

# 174 Eski33 @ 11/01/13 07:33 PM
Liking the vid. Also like the Oilers uniforms. Awesome

# 175 frankwyte81 @ 11/01/13 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourlifeent
You guys are silly, I mean I understand your frustration with Madden over the years and all but sheesh, you guys have to know that this is the beginning of this generation. Take a look a the games that came out in 2006(launch of the XBOX360). they were minor step ups from the 1st gen XBOX but just HD. Look at Madden 2006 until now and see how its transformed. The game looks better. Not by leaps and bounds, but better nontheless. You expect them to have everything fixed in one generation? I have complained about Madden for years, but personally I'm liking the direction they are going in.
I don't know about you, but I'm tired of saying and hearing that Madden is going in the right direction. We have been saying since 2007. Since it's going in the right direction, when is it going to reach it's destination? The only reason EA Sports keep taking baby steps is because of people that think like you and your positive attitude towards mediocrity.

We've had 8 years of mediocrity, **** needs to change. Yes, honestly I do expect them to have the game fixed after 8 years, they broke in 1 year (Madden 2006). See, the lack of competition results into this lazy BS that we call Madden today. If there weren't any license restrictions, Madden would probably be in the same boat as EA's basketball game.

# 176 The_Balm @ 11/01/13 09:16 PM
Quote:
I really don't meant to be crass or anything, but I had to read this twice to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

Even more than two years ago, he left in April 2011. Man, I loved Ian too, I was so sad to see him go. I've always respected his opinions, it's always a great Press Row Podcast episode when his on.

# 177 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 11/01/13 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBack
On EA's official Madden NG website:

"In the past, we could only render 16 crowd characters on cards. Now they’ll be 3D, and we’re going to create crowds that have indiscernible patterns to where it feels like there are tens of thousands of people in the stands."

The tense of the verb, going, suggests future tense. If it was past tense, it would have been "have" and if it was present the term word would have been "are." I read that statement as a "expect this in the future" sort of thing.

Also, to the comparisons to MLB The Show and NBA2k, what is the average size of and MLB Stadium, 45k on the generous size? I won't even throw a guess for an NBA or NHL arena. An average NFL stadium is what, 75-70K?

I think EA botched this when they decided to render everybody in the stadium. We really only need the first, what, 50 rows to look good enough for cutscenes? I'd rather have 2d crowds and an improved sideline compared to the reverse. That said, I want better gameplay and could not care less about any graphical improvements.

# 178 jpdavis82 @ 11/02/13 01:55 AM
Quote:

Even then, Ian and Cam are in two different places. Phil Frazier was working above Ian and Cam Weber would be working above Phil Frazier if he and Ian were there today. I know people like to compare Ian and Cam, but Cam is quite a bit higher in authority and decision making then Ian ever came close to being. Basically everything since Madden 13 has been implemented gameplay wise because of Cam and his plan and direction for the game. Current gen limitatitions have been holding them back, Madden 25 next gen is the tip of the iceberg. This franchise is going some place very special very soon. I think starting with Madden 15 people will really begin to catch the vision for what Cam is doing. They're getting the foundation for things like true step, living worlds, player sense ai on M25, but they're far from where they want to go with these things soon.

# 179 Crimsontide27 @ 11/02/13 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Even then, Ian and Cam are in two different places. Phil Frazier was working above Ian and Cam Weber would be working above Phil Frazier if he and Ian were there today. I know people like to compare Ian and Cam, but Cam is quite a bit higher in authority and decision making then Ian ever came close to being. Basically everything since Madden 13 has been implemented gameplay wise because of Cam and his plan and direction for the game. Current gen limitatitions have been holding them back, Madden 25 next gen is the tip of the iceberg. This franchise is going some place very special very soon. I think starting with Madden 15 people will really begin to catch the vision for what Cam is doing. They're getting the foundation for things like true step, living worlds, player sense ai on M25, but they're far from where they want to go with these things soon.
This post intrigued me. Im curious as to your level of expertise on what direction that Madden has been going that could not be implemented on current gen systems and magically everything will be ok with the new Gen4 series. Feel free to lay it out to me in laymans terms, as Im not very experienced in game development....

# 180 d11king @ 11/02/13 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Yada yada yada, I think majority of the people will believe it after they see it a few times.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.