Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

QJB is back with a new video, this one looking at the new line play within Madden NFL 25 on next-gen consoles. If you can't see the video above, check it out on YouTube.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 scottyp180 @ 11/01/13 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
Everything looks good...But I do agree that they could clean up the QB throwing motions...in this day and age it really should be the standard to have player specific signature QB animations and throwing motions.

Also instead of shjowing me Tom Brady having a day and a half in the pocket...let me see a DE or DT blow him up one time or come off the edge and make a play.
Its amazing that 2k and even nba live are able to have some kind of signature jumpshot for every player in the league yet ea is unable to put different throwing animations in the game. There's only 32 starting qbs in the league, it really shouldn't be difficult considering there are 150 starters in the nba that have a signature jumpshot in 2k. The jumpshots may night be perfect and they might be repeated jumpshots but imo its harf to replicate a jumpshot than a throwing motion.

# 122 NDAlum @ 11/01/13 08:04 PM
I'm cool with animations, I just want them to be fluid and based off of ratings.

Sent from my iPhone 5

# 123 adub88 @ 11/01/13 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
The issue isn't the tackle pushing the end past the QB, the issue is if the DE falling on his *** animation plays every time it happens in game.
Exactly. Not so sure what wasn't clear about what I said smh.

# 124 dat boi Q @ 11/01/13 08:19 PM
These madden threads are always entertaining
I am getting the ps4 day one and I promise myself no more buying half ***, buggy, wait for next year games.
I will not buy madden or any other game that is not worth 60 In my eyes.
I think it's shameful we already have to talk about next and this game isn't even out yet.

# 125 radatdude2 @ 11/01/13 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Because that's not how video game development works. Why is there a frostbite engine 1, 2, 3? Why does FIFA have great physics now? Because they started putting them in the game a few years ago, they were laughable, but they stuck with it and have built off of them to get them where they are today. You don't implement new features at 100%, you implement them, then build off of them and perfect them until you get them working near 100% quality.
You do realize this has been EA's plan for some time now with madden not for the Xbox1/ ps4? So excuse people for being just a little skeptical especially with this current development team who have touted these new features for next-gen which don't look anything like what we've seen from the e3 videos and features which have only been half way implemented. I agree it's not like the 360/ ps3 launch but it's not much better which should be expected that was 7 years ago so over time they have found new ways to deceive people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 126 charter04 @ 11/01/13 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
I'm sorry, but I'm not going to take what someone says that has an in with EA seriously. They have to be careful with what they say. They aren't going to be completely honest, why? Because they want to remain a gamechanger.
Your just wrong. That's not how the program works. Their are game changers that still very critical of EA on YouTube and they are still in the program.

# 127 Lilgoosy @ 11/01/13 08:48 PM
1:26 the crowd is astonishing

1:32 Geno looks incredibly good

# 128 roadman @ 11/01/13 08:49 PM
Quote:
I have been watching some of them for a long time before they were game changers. If you are saying they are as critical on them as they used to be then I respectfully have to say you're wrong. Comes down to agree to disagree.
So, you don't think the critical ones are in their ear about simulation NFL football? They can make strong suggestions, but they don't make the decisions.

Didn't we discuss this before?

There are some GCers that are beneficial to have the developers ear.

# 129 charter04 @ 11/01/13 08:55 PM
Quote:
I have been watching some of them for a long time before they were game changers. If you are saying they are as critical on them as they used to be then I respectfully have to say you're wrong. Comes down to agree to disagree. Plus some of the game changers don't play a simulation style football. Not going to name names. But for the people they watch their videos and know who they are will know what I'm talking about.
I'm pretty sure Ryan Moody is a GC. He seems exactly the same. The thing is the game has improved. Are they just not supposed to admit that? What happens is when you meet the real people who work on the game it gives you a better understanding of the process and you are less rude in your criticism.

Again just because some of us aren't too closed minded to see the improvement in Madden doesn't make us fanboys or sell outs. Why keep nitpicking and complaining if you don't believe it can get better? If it gets better shouldn't you admit it?

# 130 charter04 @ 11/01/13 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
I have nothing against the gamechangers, but in the past they have come across as salesman for EA more times than not.
So? That doesn't mean they have to be. EA doesn't force you to be. That's up to the individual.

# 131 roadman @ 11/01/13 09:00 PM
Quote:
Did I say they make the decisions? I'm positive I didn't. I said they aren't going to be as critical as they used to be. Which I have been watching some of them way before they were game changers and they are not as critical as they used to be. Especially on social media such as Twitter. You don't think they are given filters they have to abide by? I would think so. Please don't put words in my mouth by saying that I said they make decisions. All I said was they are going be more censored than they used to be. They don't want to upset anyone at EA... I mean look at Rex in the interview saying they would stop interacting if we kept bringing up certain things. The social media manager on here said the same thing that they would just stop interacting with the community. This is when people weren't just bashing, but bring up valid points. EA don't take criticism very well.
You are correct, I stand corrected, but I just don't feel it's needed to generalize CGer's and lump all in one boat, there are some that are beneficial.

And Charter said it better than I did and I agree with him. Before, they were outsiders looking in, now they know the process better than we do. That speaks volumes.

# 132 Gosens6 @ 11/01/13 09:01 PM
Quote:
That is one game changer and like I said I am not naming names.

But it hasn't gotten better at all in mine and a lot of sim gamers eyes. We still have such a long way to go. I haven't enjoyed Madden since Madden 10 and that game wasn't ground breaking either. Madden has so many important issues unresolved. It's not nit picking when we still have a lot of basic stuff looking bad.
Come on man, hasn't gotten better at all? I'm a sim gamer through and through, so is charter, so is a guy like roadman, kehlis, etc.

I'm sure all of us can agree from Madden 06 to now, the game has improved TREMENDOUSLY. Yeah, it's definitely not where it should be, but to say all sim guys share the same sentiment that the game hasn't improved is just wrong.

# 133 kehlis @ 11/01/13 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I'm pretty sure Ryan Moody is a GC. He seems exactly the same. The thing is the game has improved. Are they just not supposed to admit that? What happens is when you meet the real people who work on the game it gives you a better understanding of the process and you are less rude in your criticism.

Again just because some of us aren't too closed minded to see the improvement in Madden doesn't make us fanboys or sell outs. Why keep nitpicking and complaining if you don't believe it can get better? If it gets better shouldn't you admit it?
While true, it's also true that people who have human interaction with one are less than likely to criticize that person publicly. Would you disagree?

If we want to have faith that some of the GC'ers are giving criticism behind closed doors you won't get an argument from me.

But short a few of them, based on before gc and after gc posts, I will have to say that it isn't true when it comes to public criticism.

# 134 roadman @ 11/01/13 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Come on man, hasn't gotten better at all? I'm a sim gamer through and through, so is charter, so is a guy like roadman, kehlis, etc.

I'm sure all of us can agree from Madden 06 to now, the game has improved TREMENDOUSLY. Yeah, it's definitely not where it should be, but to say all sim guys share the same sentiment that the game hasn't improved is just wrong.
And we'll be the first to admit there is enough that needs fixing.

# 135 roadman @ 11/01/13 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
While true, it's also true that people who have human interaction with one are less than likely to criticize that person publicly. Would you disagree?

If we want to have faith that some of the GC'ers are giving criticism behind closed doors you won't get an argument from me.

But short a few of them, based on before gc and after gc posts, I will have to say that it isn't true when it comes to public criticism.
Nothing I disagree with here, I just feel they are more knowledgeable on the process and the current leadership. I think I heard Moody once say that he now understands the what when and why's or something similar to that.

# 136 charter04 @ 11/01/13 09:05 PM
Quote:
That is one game changer and like I said I am not naming names.

But it hasn't gotten better at all in mine and a lot of sim gamers eyes. We still have such a long way to go. I haven't enjoyed Madden since Madden 10 and that game wasn't ground breaking either. Madden has so many important issues unresolved. It's not nit picking when we still have a lot of basic stuff looking bad.
Two of the biggest problems sim gamers like myself wanted worked on is OL/DL interactions and footplanting. I'm not saying those are 100% fixed but, they are addressing it. I don't think they would have sold that many fewer games had they not made the changes that started in Madden 13. They might have sold more had they just keep it as it was in 12. So that shows me those Sim game changers have made a impact.

# 137 roadman @ 11/01/13 09:08 PM
Quote:
They know EA's process. It's the only one they have seen. Look at the other next-gen sports game coming in it's first year on the new generation. Now take a look at Madden. Madden isn't an upgrade compared to that. Because that game had the same amount of time as Madden I can't say the first game of next-gen is a valid excuse. The thing is people have accepted Madden's mediocrity so much that small improvements looks like a giant step.
Are you now putting words in my mouth? lol

I've never said it's time to give them excuses or whatnot, I understand the frustrations, but I can see where the game is headed, slowly but shirley.

# 138 charter04 @ 11/01/13 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6

Exactly. I know there are issues. I'm just not going to be one of these overly critical guys. It's cute to criticize some game changers but, they have actually made a difference. Constantly bashing every little problem in the game and always bringing up 2k football won't do anything but, drive EA away from these forums

# 139 SmashMan @ 11/01/13 09:17 PM
Quote:
JP, sorry but you defended Madden then you bashed Madden like us now you defend Madden again. Which one is it?
Why do people have to be one or the other?

...lol at this random bashing of the credibility of the GameChangers again. We just had this discussion. People wanted critics from YouTube to be able to give feedback on the game. EA brought them in, and now these same critics are pushovers who now no longer want the same sim things they wanted before.

# 140 dat boi Q @ 11/01/13 09:19 PM
Quote:
They know EA's process. It's the only one they have seen. Look at the other next-gen sports game coming in it's first year on the new generation. Now take a look at Madden. Madden isn't an upgrade compared to that. Because that game had the same amount of time as Madden I can't say the first game of next-gen is a valid excuse. The thing is people have accepted Madden's mediocrity so much that small improvements looks like a giant step.
Hobbs I feel u
Some guys can wait another 8 years for a decent football game
Madden 25 was decent in there eyes
I am done waiting for EA to get football right again
Little improvements year after year isn't cutting it for me and next thing u know this rev team will be gone and there goes another dev team crying gives them three years too

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.