Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

QJB checks in with his third Madden NFL 25 next-gen video. This one focuses on the IGNITE technology and next-gen visuals.

Thoughts?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 apollon42 @ 11/02/13 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericasTeam
He used True Step.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
He teleported due to his enhanced player sense infinity tech. To dynamically cat-daddy.

# 42 Gosens6 @ 11/02/13 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I think some of it just boils down to ignorance. They don't know what's better and haven't experienced it so they go with what they know. I think if most people were as informed as we are, and got to see why we feel the way we feel, the tides would definitely turn. I mean it happened with NBA gaming. now EA can't seem to recover.
Yup, these kids don't really no any better, and that's who EA markets this game to. The casual gamer who sees shiny graphics and doesn't give a damn about how the game plays.

They think it's cool to see all the generic TD dances done, even when done by a guy like Barry Sanders, because they just don't know.

When they pop in this game on the 15th, they're going to see the stadiums, the lighting and the grass, and think it's the greatest game ever made. While we see all the things wrong happening on the field, they're mesmerized by the aesthetics because the majority don't know what proper football is supposed to play like.

As long as their are children, tourney players, online gamers and ESPN highlight watchers, Madden will always sell enough games to justify their stance on what they're giving us.

# 43 Gagnon39 @ 11/02/13 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I think some of it just boils down to ignorance. They don't know what's better and haven't experienced it so they go with what they know. I think if most people were as informed as we are, and got to see why we feel the way we feel, the tides would definitely turn. I mean it happened with NBA gaming. now EA can't seem to recover.
I agree but I don't think we're there yet. I know a lot of kids that play Madden religiously and love it. I've heard kids talking about Madden 25 on PS4 and Xbox One and they think it looks great. And it's not just high school kids. There's many older sports gamers that buy it and play it and, like you said don't know any different. I haven't bought Madden for a while and I'm planning on getting 25 for the PS4. I'm still holding out hope that it will be a good game but every day that goes by in which EA does not release actual gameplay footage, I get more worried.

At least I'll have The Show to look forward to soon.

# 44 Gagnon39 @ 11/02/13 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Yup, these kids don't really no any better, and that's who EA markets this game to. The casual gamer who sees shiny graphics and doesn't give a damn about how the game plays.

They think it's cool to see all the generic TD dances done, even when done by a guy like Barry Sanders, because they just don't know.

When they pop in this game on the 15th, they're going to see the stadiums, the lighting and the grass, and think it's the greatest game ever made. While we see all the things wrong happening on the field, they're mesmerized by the aesthetics because the majority don't know what proper football is supposed to play like.

As long as their are children, tourney players, online gamers and ESPN highlight watchers, Madden will always sell enough games to justify their stance on what they're giving us.
That's exactly my point.

Players like us don't matter.

Hockey's probably the best example. I'm a huge NHL fan and love NHL video games. But lately EA's been going back to an arcade-style game. I want a game where players don't complete 80% of their passes. I want 25% of the game to be battling for the puck along the boards and I want it to be difficult to gain the offensive zone. Basically, I want an NHL simulation. The problem? Not very many people would want to play that.

# 45 Gosens6 @ 11/02/13 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
That's exactly my point.

Players like us don't matter.

Hockey's probably the best example. I'm a huge NHL fan and love NHL video games. But lately EA's been going back to an arcade-style game. I want a game where players don't complete 80% of their passes. I want 25% of the game to be battling for the puck along the boards and I want it to be difficult to gain the offensive zone. Basically, I want an NHL simulation. The problem? Not very many people would want to play that.
Preaching to the choir, man. What they've done to the NHL series is just absolutely ridiculous. It's why I stopped buying a few years ago.

# 46 opd897 @ 11/02/13 05:13 PM
Closeups and slow motion videos is all they will show us. Does this tell us anything? How about some zoomed out video of honest game play and maybe include a pass interference scene, or ANY penalty?

Oh yeah, whoever that is narrating the video really rubs me the wrong way. Not sure I can watch another although I suppose I could mute the narrator.

# 47 lisinas @ 11/02/13 05:13 PM
To be honest i dont buy into this " we are minority , no one would play sim game except us" , thats not true , look at nba 2k, they went full sim with their game and what they accomplished ? They made EA quit on their arcadish nba live series , all the fans , casual,sim gamers are happy with the 2k product. If the sim route is chosen by the developers and the final product is good , everyone is happy , casual gamers who dont like to go into too much detail can just lower the difficulty settings and what not , while the sim gamers (there are more of us then you think) can enjoy simulation football.

# 48 ThrowBack @ 11/02/13 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
How hard is it to stick a mouthpiece in someone's mouth.
Yeah but if they put them in I guarantee you there will be some stupid glitch. Like drafted QB's and punters will have mouth pieces that can't be removed without screwing something else up.

# 49 Gosens6 @ 11/02/13 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
Madden has become the joke of next gen
You gotta take a trip to the NBA Live section of the forums.

If it weren't for FIFA, EA would be an absolute joke with their next gen debut.

# 50 jyoung @ 11/02/13 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisinas
To be honest i dont buy into this " we are minority , no one would play sim game except us" , thats not true , look at nba 2k, they went full sim with their game and what they accomplished ? They made EA quit on their arcadish nba live series , all the fans , casual,sim gamers are happy with the 2k product
NBA 2K, despite it's "hardcore simulation" reputation, has been pretty much even with Madden in North American sales for the last few years.

When you consider how much more popular the sport of football is compared to basketball in America, there should be a much larger gap in sales than what has existed this generation.

At some point, you have to look to product quality as at least part, if not all of the reason, why NBA 2K has basically pulled even with Madden as a consumer brand during this generation.

# 51 Shaffer26 @ 11/02/13 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericasTeam
Don't forget about the ash on the elbows. That's the best part!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
I'm surprised EA didn't tout that as a feature...TrueAsh.

# 52 Senator Palmer @ 11/02/13 05:59 PM

^^^
This (#24) is a defensive back -- meaning the 49ers are on offense. So, why is Colin Kaepernick on the sideline?

# 53 Cowboy008 @ 11/02/13 06:15 PM
Well it looks like I will be skipping Madden this year and I may pick it up next year if they finally do stuff to it.

# 54 jeremym480 @ 11/02/13 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku

Spoiler

# 55 extremeskins04 @ 11/02/13 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer

^^^
This (#24) is a defensive back -- meaning the 49ers are on offense. So, why is Colin Kaepernick on the sideline?
It's the new cloning technology they created with next-gen. Thought you knew.

# 56 SageInfinite @ 11/02/13 06:30 PM
Yeah honestly if you haven't played Madden 25 current gen, this could be a cool game for you. I think the rest of us should wait it out until Madden 15. If a significant jump isn't shown then, I say we all just give it up, because Tiburon doesn't have the skills to make the game they speak of, and the game most of us desire. There should be some signs of greatness in Madden 15. If there aren't, we know they can't do it.

# 57 The_Balm @ 11/02/13 06:43 PM
Why are half the shots for razzle dazzle? We get what it will look like, but it's not even close to the best looking next gen game (cough NBA 2k cough), so stop showing what's not impressing. Show something that Madden is the best at, a new AI or something. This is marketing 101.

# 58 hazelhood19 @ 11/02/13 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
It's the new cloning technology they created with next-gen. Thought you knew.
I will say this about the picture though, at least on next gen white is actually..white. Sad I know, but baby steps right? I'm a glass half full kinda guy.

# 59 Abnormal101 @ 11/02/13 06:46 PM
Some of you guys are acting too much like kids. Like if EA would build a game that would make you live out your dreams as a NFL player. Ea isn't 2K when it comes to innovation so why should anyone expect anything different then what they are offering with Madden or Live. If you are satisfied with your current gen version and only view this as a minor upgrade to Cg than stick with your Cg and pass, no one needs to know. I myself held off Cg because I knew it would be a better experience to just hold off.

# 60 SageInfinite @ 11/02/13 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon48xbox
Why are half the shots for razzle dazzle? We get what it will look like, but it's not even close to the best looking next gen game (cough NBA 2k cough), so stop showing what's not impressing. Show something that Madden is the best at, a new AI or something. This is marketing 101.
I think that has been the problem. On the field, madden hasn't been great at any one thing. At least something they can showcase. I can't think of one thing on the field that EA can show case, that Madden is the best at.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.