Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports released three new screenshots today with information accompanying what each signifies within the revamped MyCAREER mode in NBA 2K14.

In one shot, you can see your player discussing something with your GM. Your team's GM will be a central figure as your MyPLAYER's career evolves. You'll have to manage your relationship with the GM, as he'll likely play a key role in your career's progression over time. A good relationship will likely result in getting more help when you need it.

Another screen shows a bit of draft night, which 2K says you will finally get to feel the nerves and emotion of draft night. Your agent will be there to keep you calm and congratulate you when picked.

Also, the shot at the top of this article shows a 'travel scene', which will simply act as a backdrop between games to give you an opportunity to do the things you need to do, from changes and upgrades to stats and more.

You can check out all of the screens here. What do you think of the features announced today?

NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RangersCruz @ 11/12/13 09:30 PM
Im sure im going to enjoy it

# 2 Eman5805 @ 11/12/13 09:33 PM
Of all the things you expect to be asked to build, I wonder if anyone on the 2K staff thought they'd be making the interior of a plane or a hallway in an arena or whatever.

# 3 MrBigShot1 @ 11/12/13 09:51 PM
These story-mode like aspects of MyCareer have been the best news for next gen 2k14 for me personally. By far. I've been clamoring for them to add real elements since 2k10, and I'm glad they have. This is definitely a MASSIVE upgrade from current gen MyCareer, which eventually just turned into exhibition games.

# 4 iLLWiLL9105 @ 11/12/13 10:02 PM
My only question is what about people who end up making multiple myplayers? Will the story progress based on your own progression or is it a simple static story

# 5 skow05 @ 11/12/13 10:11 PM
Suits actually fit! Haha. Seriously, why was I so excited to see that?

# 6 Finess @ 11/12/13 11:06 PM
I see Nerlen Noel behind Chris on draft day but anyway that looks so much like LD2k, I'm so anxious to see the depth and options in create a player hopefully that is not special treatment stuff.

# 7 LD2k @ 11/12/13 11:31 PM
That MyPLAYER is so realistically ugly...

like...

wait, what?

#VideoGameChris

# 8 Finess @ 11/12/13 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
That MyPLAYER is so realistically ugly...

like...

wait, what?

#VideoGameChris
Besides your ugly mug being true to life, can we get some info on the player creation process

# 9 Gramps91 @ 11/13/13 06:50 AM
Looks nice. Sounds like some cool features.

# 10 Cowboy008 @ 11/13/13 07:48 AM
I'll give this mode a try.

# 11 johanan anneus @ 11/13/13 10:12 AM
I'm guessing that you were drafted by the Utah Jazz, LD2K

# 12 FBeaule04 @ 11/13/13 10:41 AM
I'm getting tired of the pressure this site puts on me with all those pics, analysis, details and such about the Next-Gen NBA 2K14. My plan was to buy a new PS4 when MLB 14 The Show is out, not mid-november. Would you be kind enough stopping for a while please? ;-)

Seriously, so far, everything I read and see about the game is making me crazy. Seems like it's going to be a fun game and with so much details that it's going to be hard holding on the urge to get a new system. :-)

# 13 crazy_87 @ 11/13/13 10:48 AM
same problem here

is was planning on maybe getting a PS4 next spring ... or summer even..

but after seeing all this.. i just canīt go back to current gen... i just canīt... o.O

# 14 Bigslim45 @ 11/13/13 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL9105
My only question is what about people who end up making multiple myplayers? Will the story progress based on your own progression or is it a simple static story
Yea I've hoped for that tired of being stuck with one my player hope they fix that

# 15 Bigslim45 @ 11/13/13 11:26 AM
Only thing I want is being able to have multiple different my players for career! Tired of having to use the same dude!

# 16 OkayC @ 11/13/13 03:57 PM
I personally just hope things aren't so predetermined for you that every mycareer will feel exactly the same. for me personally I like the idea of the plane backdrop thing, and some of the new features announced in this thread. But as for the little news we have heard about the mycareer story arc, I wanna know how predetermined things are for you. Mycareer has always tried to force your player into the role of a superstar, but so far based on what ive seen and read, it seems like thats whats going on to an even bigger degree now. So i'll wait until the game drops, and see a few youtube commentators start a mycareer before i make any serious assumptions about the mode, cuz of course everything im saying now is just speculation. But we shall see.

# 17 King_B_Mack @ 11/13/13 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC
I personally just hope things aren't so predetermined for you that every mycareer will feel exactly the same. for me personally I like the idea of the plane backdrop thing, and some of the new features announced in this thread. But as for the little news we have heard about the mycareer story arc, I wanna know how predetermined things are for you. Mycareer has always tried to force your player into the role of a superstar, but so far based on what ive seen and read, it seems like thats whats going on to an even bigger degree now. So i'll wait until the game drops, and see a few youtube commentators start a mycareer before i make any serious assumptions about the mode, cuz of course everything im saying now is just speculation. But we shall see.
I have to ask. Isn't that the point? I mean, who's playing a Career mode like this to be a end of the bench bum or role player on an NBA team? Isn't the fun/point of mode like this molding a guy into an NBA superstar? Don't think I'm trying to come at you any kind of way with this post, that's not my intent. It's a serious question based off my understanding of the bolded.

# 18 franzis @ 11/13/13 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I have to ask. Isn't that the point? I mean, who's playing a Career mode like this to be a end of the bench bum or role player on an NBA team? Isn't the fun/point of mode like this molding a guy into an NBA superstar? Don't think I'm trying to come at you any kind of way with this post, that's not my intent. It's a serious question based off my understanding of the bolded.
Maybe I understand his point. In Association (or MyGM now) you can choose your goals or strategies. I mean you can pick a contender and go for the ring or a bad team to rebuild via trade or draft. In MyPlayer you cannot choose. If you don't go in superstar approach, there is no particular reward/goal. When we had CAL mode, at least you could choose your favourite player and create your own goal/story (i.e an All Star apperance for Odom, a PO 2nd round bucket for TMac, etc).

# 19 LD2k @ 11/13/13 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanan anneus
I'm guessing that you were drafted by the Utah Jazz, LD2K
Yes, and I want OUT!

# 20 zello144 @ 11/13/13 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Im Guessing some of us want it to feel more rewarding just to be on the roster I mean making an NBA team and securing a spot from training camp and trying to be a star for a long time and stay there is hard (just ask Allen Iverson). Many second round picks or even undrafted guys work hard everyday in the NBA or In the D-League many guys busting their asses off just to get a spot on that roster even if they are role players or bench warmers some with 10 day contracts and even though its a game some of us would like that experience.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.