Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports has shipped NBA Live 14 today. Please play a few games and post your impressions here. As always, we'd like to see how the community feels about the game.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 ProfessaPackMan @ 11/20/13 09:44 PM
The Hop step/Euro step reminds me of when Madden first introduced the Truck Stick in 05(?).

That's how powerful that move is in this game.

# 82 jyoung @ 11/20/13 09:55 PM
Seriously, it's a free basket every time you press Triangle regardless of the player you're using or how good the defender in front of you is.

Even if you have the self discipline not to use the move, the CPU will still use it a ton to clip through your defense. The lack of charge calls or turnovers when players use this move in traffic is just unacceptable.

I wish there was a way to disable the CPU from using the hop step/euro step.

So cheap.

# 83 ProfessaPackMan @ 11/20/13 09:58 PM
The lack of sliders is the disappointing part.

There's no way anyone can slice/spin that into some sort of positive or non-negative for this game because if they do believe, then they're got damn liar.

# 84 Tomba @ 11/21/13 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan

There's no way anyone can slice/spin that into some sort of positive or non-negative for this game because if they do believe, then they're got damn liar.
You know me i love slider editing but for live to omit it this yr? totally made me doubt the development team

# 85 jyoung @ 11/21/13 03:33 AM
I started playing Dynasty mode today and it's definitely where Live performs best.

Every team uses different pick and roll tactics and double teaming principles.

The tactics are also player-specific, as I noticed Marc Gasol was not drawing nearly as many double teams in the post as Zach Randolph was.

And my backup bigs Ed Davis and Kosta Koufos were rarely double teamed.

The problem is on offense, where the CPU teams all seem to have an affinity for pounding the ball in isolation from the low post.

I watched the CPU Spurs feed Tiago Splitter for post-ups against Gasol over and over again. Same deal for CPU Boston and big man Kelly Olynyk.

These guys are role players that should barely be getting any plays called for them. But the CPU loves to isolate its bigs in the low post for some reason, regardless of personnel.

The only CPU offense I've seen that resembled its real self was Golden State. They let Stephen Curry run dribble isos and pick and rolls against Mike Conley most of the game. They would even occasionally move Curry to shooting guard and have him come off staggered screens.

# 86 tha_show256 @ 11/21/13 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Seriously, it's a free basket every time you press Triangle regardless of the player you're using or how good the defender in front of you is.

Even if you have the self discipline not to use the move, the CPU will still use it a ton to clip through your defense. The lack of charge calls or turnovers when players use this move in traffic is just unacceptable.

I wish there was a way to disable the CPU from using the hop step/euro step.

So cheap.
That's mainly what makes the demo unplayable for me...that hop step move is way too over easy to abuse. I read your earlier post about this and tried it. And I was highly disappointed to find out how correct you were...smh, I hope that they continue to make live, but, I can't see it going very far with a product so incomplete feeling and so blah looking.

# 87 GisherJohn24 @ 11/21/13 10:34 AM
Am I missing something? Where are the sliders?

# 88 Gosens6 @ 11/21/13 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Am I missing something? Where are the sliders?
There are none.

# 89 GisherJohn24 @ 11/21/13 12:53 PM

# 90 jyoung @ 11/21/13 01:21 PM
There are four difficulty settings (Rookie, Pro, All-Star, Superstar).

And you can change every coach's playing strategies if you want.

But that's it.

# 91 The 24th Letter @ 11/21/13 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan

Just have to learn the game first, then you'll unlock them..

# 92 jyoung @ 11/21/13 08:01 PM
Someone mentioned the lighting at Staples Center a few posts back, so here's a screen grab:

Spoiler

And the real thing, for comparison:

Spoiler

# 93 kidfromqueens @ 11/21/13 08:39 PM
I dont know if its because I dont know controls or if its one of the games many flaws, but does anyone else notice the lack of explosion taking it to the hoop? I'm not talking about dunks, I mean like the first step and the momentum when picking up a head of steam. Its one of biggest things i hate about the game compared to 2k where it is very enjoyable breaking a man down off the dribble and driving hard and fast to the cup.

# 94 kidfromqueens @ 11/21/13 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tha_show256
That's mainly what makes the demo unplayable for me...that hop step move is way too over easy to abuse. I read your earlier post about this and tried it. And I was highly disappointed to find out how correct you were...smh, I hope that they continue to make live, but, I can't see it going very far with a product so incomplete feeling and so blah looking.
If EA scraps basketball maybe SCEA can get back in the basketball scene (even though NBA 09 the inside was horrible) and put their MLB The Show team on it lol But seriously they do an awesome job with The Show, would love to see what that team could do with a basketball title.

# 95 LionsFanNJ @ 11/21/13 08:52 PM
Truthfully I'd rather SCEA keep on the show instead of breaking the team up to do both NBA and MLB games.

Ea just needs to get it's **** together though ts more tiburon as a studio than EA itself.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

# 96 GisherJohn24 @ 11/22/13 05:25 AM
Like Wang said when he left the EA team after Live 10, they're going in the wrong direction. He was right

# 97 southriver @ 11/22/13 09:43 AM
I just don't see what is wrong with the graphics in this game?

# 98 bluengold34_OS @ 11/22/13 10:32 AM
I forced myself to sit and play a whole 12min quarter game using the Bulls against the Nuggets, and I will say this -The more you play it, the more can see what they were trying to accomplish and it's not a bad thing if you like the Live series.

Sadly though there isn't one area in the gameplay department that you can pinpoint and say "This part is 100% solid, and they just need to fix XYZ"

There are aspects that I really enjoy about the game, but it truly feels like they are 2 solid years away from having a good hoops title. I'm glad I got it, but I couldn't imagine finding enough enjoyment to play a full 82 game season - it literally will be just a rarely used alternative to NBA2k, and I am sure that is not what they were hoping for -

# 99 tha_show256 @ 11/22/13 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
I forced myself to sit and play a whole 12min quarter game using the Bulls against the Nuggets, and I will say this -The more you play it, the more can see what they were trying to accomplish and it's not a bad thing if you like the Live series.

Sadly though there isn't one area in the gameplay department that you can pinpoint and say "This part is 100% solid, and they just need to fix XYZ"

There are aspects that I really enjoy about the game, but it truly feels like they are 2 solid years away from having a good hoops title. I'm glad I got it, but I couldn't imagine finding enough enjoyment to play a full 82 game season - it literally will be just a rarely used alternative to NBA2k, and I am sure that is not what they were hoping for -
I'm using the demo is my alternative to 2k...I can't see myself spending $60 on this game.

# 100 ProfessaPackMan @ 11/22/13 03:56 PM
So is Synergy DNA up and running yet?

Because if it is, then why is it that I'm still seeing/having the same issues in regards to the CPU's Offense? Is there something I need to do to get them to play life like?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.