Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

NBA Live 14 is available for everyone today. Make sure you check out some of the reviews that have appeared online. As more reviews come in, we'll update this post.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 fluent2332 @ 11/19/13 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJC1213
I don't think anyone needs to have played the game to be able to say that everything we have seen from live has been short of "positive".
That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. Just like my opinion is the exact opposite of yours. I think there has been plenty of positives seen. But because I don't jump on the "bash Live and EA again" bandwagon, I'm seen as some sort of oddity, lol. It doesn't bother me, I just find it amusing.

I'm just glad to see that others out there see some positives in the game, too. They just aren't being loud on these forums like I am

# 42 Gorilla Glass @ 11/19/13 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferweezy
People who defends this crap of a game I have no respect for.
You should disrespect people who come here to look for respect. SMH.

# 43 jimbo22 @ 11/19/13 10:57 AM
Very disappointed in this game and EA overall. The gameplay in general looks awful having watched a lot of Twitch videos of the game. There is no natural movement of players/ball.

The presentation, although IGN called it "poopy" is very good. It looks good and its something that lacks in the other series' game. The commentary is decent but still needs a lot of work. I long for the day that a NBA game has commentary like 2K's baseball series that is easily the best commentary package of any game in many years, if not ever.

I wanted to pick this game up because i've been a fan of Live for as long as I can remember (on the Mega Drive/Genesis). Even when it drops in price I doubt I will and thats sad.

Ea will, IMO, struggle to come back from this. The game will more than likely sell terribly and EA will struggle to put this team back onto production of this game. 14 could be the final nail in Live's coffin.

# 44 Melbournelad @ 11/19/13 10:58 AM
Quote:
People who defends this crap of a game I have no respect for.
Yeah I don't understand this unwavering loyalty to EA. Even with such a poor product as Live, I could understand if it was a company that always strives to do well by their customers, take their feedback, and apply it to their product in the future. But this is EA we are talking about! One of the worst gaming companies. They don't care about customer satisfaction, they just want to put out mediocre product after mediocre product and soak up as much money as they can from gullible fools.

# 45 chi_hawks @ 11/19/13 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
The game looks good to me. Is that so hard to understand? I haven't even passed judgement on the final product yet. I'm still waiting to play the demo like most normal people are. Anyone who comes to concrete conclusions from watching some streams is a fool.
I don't have to "demo" getting kicked in the nuts with a pair of steel toe boots to know that it will hurt. Enough people have already gone through this and have either told me or passed the word on.

I don't have to play a demo to have a good feeling around whether its a good game or not. I didn't play the GTA V demo nor the full game but I have confidence its a great game and a great experience due to the dozens of great reviews and gameplay footage I've seen. The same holds true when a game is on the opposite end of the spectrum (like NBA Live 14 appears to be).

# 46 blackceasar @ 11/19/13 10:58 AM
Honestly the really bad reviews don't suprise me, but they scare me. They scare me into thinking that EA will try to buy the NBA license to snuff out the better game being made.

Here's why EA and Live dissapoints me way more than EA and Madden. Madden is the only football game in town. So they can be lazy and what not (even though I'm mostly happy with next gen madden this year).. BUT for NBA Live..there IS competition and the competition is killing them, so you would think the NBA Live team would actually "get it".. but it's clear that they truly do not get sports games when it comes to Basketball. So much for the 10 year layoff (I know I exagerrated) and telling everyone they are taking this time to put out the best basketball game ever.

Its like dating a fat chick... she goes away for 6 months to tape The Biggest Looser..and when the episodes air.. shes still fat as ****.. even on the season finale.

Oh well.. at least they havent bought the NBA license yet. I will download the demo though just to see how awful this game really is.

# 47 Gosens6 @ 11/19/13 10:58 AM
Quote:
That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. Just like my opinion is the exact opposite of yours. I think there has been plenty of positives seen. But because I don't jump on the "bash Live and EA again" bandwagon, I'm seen as some sort of oddity, lol. It doesn't bother me, I just find it amusing.

I'm just glad to see that others out there see some positives in the game, too. They just aren't being loud on these forums like I am
Not even trying to be funny here. Can you name me 5 positives that you took from these videos? Just 5, I'm really curious to know what you're seeing.

# 48 chi_hawks @ 11/19/13 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Not even trying to be funny here. Can you name me 5 positives that you took from these videos? Just 5, I'm really curious to know what you're seeing.
DID YOU NOT READ THE IGN REVIEW!? The nets looked awesome! There is one.

# 49 Fiddy @ 11/19/13 11:01 AM
i look at it this way.

i hammered EA's NHL series for years, wanting it to be more like 2K's NHL game etc.

but people LOVE EA's take on NHL for some reason and hammered 2K for years until they stopped making the game.

now here, people LOVE 2K's take on the NBA and hate what EA is doing.

i honestly love having two options, i get tired of one, go and play the other for a bit.

sure Live 14 is not even in the same arena as 2K 14, but who expected it to be? if you did, thats on you.

im a casual NBA fan (huge Cavs fan though) and im buying both. im sure ill enjoy both equally despite flaws of each.

EA should have hit up a price drop from the get go, preorder NBA Live 14 for $24.99 or get it for $29.99 through the holidays etc. i mean, games usually hit their peak after first 2 weeks of release, then spike a bit around the holidays. i bet if they did that they would have sold more games than they probably will now. go that old school 2K route if ya have to, $20 bucks, boom!

im all for competition, i hope this game sells enough for them to make another.

# 50 noshun @ 11/19/13 11:01 AM

taps...

# 51 Gorilla Glass @ 11/19/13 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yg63
Please don't tell me you're comparing Live 14 to GTA 5. I beg of you.
What do you think?

Try reading what I typed. Then try understanding why I typed it.

# 52 hallauer @ 11/19/13 11:04 AM
I had the NBA Live 14 feed up last night for about 2 hours. A dev (Ryan was his first name, I can't remember his last name) was answering questions about the game while another developer was playing. Sitting there watching how the players move, react, and play made me feel embarrassed for EA. This is the best they could do?

EVERY shot that went in was a swish. Literally, every shot. No shots hit the rim and rolled in. None. People were in the Twitch.tv chat even asking the devs why every shot was a swish, and if the ball ever hit the rim. The devs never answered that I saw. The devs kept saying, "Wait to play it for yourself, so you can actually feel the game." I don't need to because this game isn't what I'm looking for. I don't need to watch "Battlefield Earth" to know how bad it sucks after seeing the trailer.

Bulls vs. Blazers was the first NBA game that I remember playing back in the day, and just based on the history I have enjoying EA basketball games, I wanted Live 14 to at least be decent, but instead, it's honestly a mediocre, laughable iteration of a Live game. To each their own, but this game isn't for me. I feel bad for the people who worked on this game because it's nothing to be proud of.

# 53 Ferweezy @ 11/19/13 11:05 AM
After 3 years of development, the Live series is literary 10 years behind the 2K series. This game looks like it could of been made in 2003. The Live series is DONE. There is no coming back from this.

# 54 jimbo22 @ 11/19/13 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
i
sure Live 14 is not even in the same arena as 2K 14, but who expected it to be? if you did, thats on you.
You make a very good point, but at this moment in time I think its safe to say that, from what i've seen, NBA Live 10 was/is a more solid game than NBA Live 14.

Rather than start from fresh they should have pulled out NBA Live 10 and spent time moving that onto next gen. EA were never, as you say, going to build a better game than 2K in a year but they've build a far worse one and that cannot be denied, going on video available to us.

Now, I may play it and change my mind that however is very unlikely.

# 55 Steve_OS @ 11/19/13 11:06 AM
Bleacher Report review added to OP. (7.8/10)

# 56 fluent2332 @ 11/19/13 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
1 - The spacing. Players go to the proper spots on the floor, don't crowd each other and generally stay out of each other's way. Corner players clear the post, wing players properly space the floor, etc.

2 - The triangle. You can get nice triangle action on the wing and create some different looks from that action.

3 - There doesn't seem to be much sliding, so footplanting looks to be improved.

4 - Running of different actions at the press of a button. Sean showed it off in the live stream and it was pretty nice. You can get pin downs, iso's, side pick and rolls, horns, etc. with the push of a button.

5 - The AI plays a realistic brand of basketball. Synergy, from what i understand, is not updated yet, but even at that, the teams were playing realistically, working the ball around, taking smart shots, etc.

I could go on and on, too. There were plenty of nice things to take away from those videos. But you and I clearly are on different wavelengths when it comes to what we're seeing in these videos.

So please, continue to troll me because I have a different opinion than yours.

And for the record I also said there were some rough spots. I will reserve judgement on all of this until I have played the game myself and see exactly what it is that it offers.

# 57 joec63 @ 11/19/13 11:07 AM
Will be interesting to see if EA folds the franchise or takes the criticism to heart and implements changes. Time to dig deep EA!

# 58 jimbo22 @ 11/19/13 11:08 AM
Quote:
After 3 years of development, the Live series is literary 10 years behind the 2K series. This game looks like it could of been made in 2003. The Live series is DONE. There is no coming back from this.
This seems to be a lie that is peddled on here a lot. Live 14 hasnt had a 3 year development. They've worked on Elite and Live 13 in between. Live 14 was started from scratch from what we've been told.

Why people feel the need to perpetuate the lie of this 3 year cycle I dont know. If you are going to have a criticism, do it fairly.

# 59 Gosens6 @ 11/19/13 11:09 AM
Quote:
1 - The spacing. Players go to the proper spots on the floor, don't crowd each other and generally stay out of each other's way. Corner players clear the post, wing players properly space the floor, etc.

2 - The triangle. You can get nice triangle action on the wing and create some different looks from that action.

3 - There doesn't seem to be much sliding, so footplanting looks to be improved.

4 - Running of different actions at the press of a button. Sean showed it off in the live stream and it was pretty nice. You can get pin downs, iso's, side pick and rolls, horns, etc. with the push of a button.

5 - The AI plays a realistic brand of basketball. Synergy, from what i understand, is not updated yet, but even at that, the teams were playing realistically, working the ball around, taking smart shots, etc.

I could go on and on, too. There were plenty of nice things to take away from those videos. But you and I clearly are on different wavelengths when it comes to what we're seeing in these videos.

So please, continue to troll me because I have a different opinion than yours.
TROLLING YOU!!!?!?!? Because I was trying to understand where you were coming from with what you saw, to get a different grasp and understanding from someone, so I could maybe go back and look at the videos with a different line of sight, but i'm trolling you!?!

Yeah you've convinced me, you're full of it and you can't take any criticism on your precious NBA Live because you want it to succeed so bad. I'm done with this forum, most of you Live fans are nothing but damn children, or at least adults who act like children.

# 60 dre2 @ 11/19/13 11:10 AM
This looks sick for a Atari Lynx game, I wouldn't accept this crap looking game on 360 or PS3 though. SMH, and I wanted it to be passable so much, EA is obviously putting little to no $ and resources towards this thing and just hoping we buy it based on past games/brand recognition...if it seemed they were just TRYING to improve the gameplay I'd have given it a shot but I just CAN'T justify purchasing something where the publisher is literally trying to just crap on my head for 60 bucks.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.