Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

The NBA Live 14 demo is available now on the PlayStation Store. You can also queue it up on the official PlayStation app (iOS, Android).

Below are some of the details for the NBA Live 14 demo, read more about it here.

Tip-Off - Play a full game with the following teams:
  • Cleveland Cavaliers
  • Oklahoma City Thunder
  • New York Knicks
  • Golden State Warriors
Offline head to head matchups
One of five BIG Moments
Live Ultimate Team

Throughout the season, CourtQ and Synergy Sports will update the rosters, ratings and tendencies of all available teams and players in the demo.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 El_Poopador @ 01/03/14 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Just played the demo again and it seems as if its connected to the same server as the retail with player updates because it didn't feel much different. At the end of the game playing the cavs Kyrie went full cheese and abused the paint over and again because the Cavs couldn't score otherwise.

Not only that, he kept doing the same cheesy layup animation I also saw Steve Nash doing as well. This game has a long was to go for sure.. At this point playing the demo you can come to a logical conclusion of how the retail feels without thinking its some magic game over it. Its not that much different.
im not sure why some people are having this experience and some are not. i have yet to experience what youre describing. i just played a game as the cavs against the thunder. they attacked me often with westbrook and durant. the only times they got into the paint is when my own on-ball defense failed. if they started going toward the paint i would switch to someone in better position and cut them off. they would either pass out of the paint or pull up for a jumper. there were a few times where they still tried to force the shot and they made less than half of those. they were using screens and spacing the floor well. there were a lot of possessions involving durant and westbrook which is how they play irl. once i started doubling them or cheating over they would kick out to lamb or whoever i cheated from for an open look. the only possession i felt cheesed in any way was a perkins dunk along the baseline. and that was only one play.

# 202 23 @ 01/03/14 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Oh I defintely agree 23....I dont like the notion that "Oh, this game is slower paced, its a real representation of basketball" either...it has always bugged me. You're exactly right, you shouldnt have one without the other, in either case. Also, I agree on Dirk, I posted that to show that Dirk was playing more like Dwight Howard than Dirk for some reason...and how the big's can sometimes be a little cheesy. Honestly man, if there was some kind of way to meld the good of the two games together, I would. For now, all I can do is give honest feedback...and get some fun out of both.
Yeah I got you.. I just wanted to see what would happen and honestly I think 2k14 on PC gives a better balance of both though. I know the inside on this game is just crazy because the contact is non existant. I have a clip of Amare with 3 guys in front of him and he takes the shot with no hinderance because either the ball warps through heads and arms or they just move out of the way. Its ridiculous.

You can enjoy both though that needs to be said.. I just see people coming here trying to justify the purchase by pointing out a negative they see in 2k while ignoring the truckload this game has for some reason.

I hit 8 3's with Steph Curry last night in a row on the demo last night just because I know his release point and Kyrie kept coming back with driving into the paint for an unimpeded layup. Thats both in retail and the demo because of what was said above about the lame paint defense, having to double guys you should never have to double, etc...

Some people might've thought that was fun, but its the same cheese that people complained about for many years now.

# 203 mythreesons @ 01/03/14 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Oh I defintely agree 23....I dont like the notion that "Oh, this game is slower paced, its a real representation of basketball" either...it has always bugged me. You're exactly right, you shouldnt have one without the other, in either case. Also, I agree on Dirk, I posted that to show that Dirk was playing more like Dwight Howard than Dirk for some reason...and how the big's can sometimes be a little cheesy. Honestly man, if there was some kind of way to meld the good of the two games together, I would. For now, all I can do is give honest feedback...and get some fun out of both.
This... maybe you should start your own simulation

# 204 HOLLIDAY1183 @ 01/03/14 07:14 PM
Yeah some of the posts are humorous. Posts like "I love how it's not scripted" and "it does this better than any alternatives out there" are so funny to me for some reason.

But 23 is right. Basketball is basketball. Hopefully we reach a point where people on forums aren't "taking sides" and/or throwing subliminal shade at a game picking out which one or two things one might do better than the other.

It still feels like there is a "list" of ways the ball can bounce off the rim, some weird bounces.

I'm never again playing a human who knows about the hopstep.

VZW Note III

# 205 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 01/07/14 09:55 AM
Man I can't lie didn't enjoy the demo at all. But at the same time I'm looking Foward to NBA Live 15

# 206 RoyalBoyle78 @ 01/13/14 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
Man I can't lie didn't enjoy the demo at all. But at the same time I'm looking Foward to NBA Live 15
play the retail version and then you wont have to wait til live 15, cause you will be paying live 14. Its a good game.

# 207 Mintsa @ 01/27/14 10:09 AM
I finally got the PS4 hooked up an set up. I dabbled with the demo for honestly a few minutes. It's not all doom and gloom as people say it was. The graphics are crisp, like an upgraded/HD PS3 version but they weren't bad (but I wasn't anywhere near blown away as I was with the other game). Animations is my biggest gripe, spacing is my favorite aspect. But I need way more time to actually see if the game is my cup of tea.

Side note: When I try to play some of the Live moments games it ask's me to enter my EA origins name ? When I do it says its already in use (which is impossible ?)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.