Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

The NBA 2K14 patch for Xbox One users is available now. The patch fixes MyCAREER save file and The Park connectivity issues. Some gameplay enhancements have been made, but no official patch notes have been released.

Let us know what you're seeing.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 eslimm @ 12/05/13 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by venusblue
I understand they need detail and I am one that would be more then willing to provide it, however, their support team has to contact us first to receive it. Everything about this situation has been a sham. From Ronny tweeting how great this game is and Chris Manning to 2k Support tweets saying oh thanks, tweet us your incident number and we will help you. I've called 3 or 4 times, tweeted several times and had minimal response. Found out tonight that "oh we're sorry nobody escalated your case like they were supposed to" My case has been open for over a week.

I know the load issues are a major problem, but please don't act like they didn't know these things before they took our $60 and released the game anyways. Those issues were known and had to occur in testing and if they didn't occur in testing they need to revisit there dev environment. I understand glitches, but to put out something that renders the game unplayable at all is another thing altogether.

There PR ppl act like the game is golden, its great, reviewers do too. However, for users not to be able to play the product for weeks after they fork over $60 is just wrong. They need to take ownership and make a statement. Not just this crap that oh "patch any day now" and "another patch soon" Great. What I want to hear as a consumer is "we messed up". We are sorry and every detail you can give us to help resolve our issues would be beneficial. I dont' want to hear "I'm in the park and it is rockin"

To this day they still haven't posted anything on there support site in regards to patch release dates\notes or myplayer issues, but us consumers all know this is occurring. This is a complete sham. They need to take ownership and then I would be more then willing to go out of my way to assist in any testing they need and document any issues in detail that occur.

We are pissed and have every right to be.
This this this and this....

(Galaxy S4)

# 42 JRSAnchez @ 12/05/13 09:17 PM
denmarkVesey Thanks for the help
Steps i have done ( started This (9:14 EST on 11/5/13 )

1. Uninstall 2k14
2. Restore the Xbox one to factory settings.
3. Restarted Xbox one
4. Power Cycle My network
5. Pull power cable from xbox one
6. Let it sit for a full minute
6. Power up xbox
7. Run fresh install from disk

# 43 JRSAnchez @ 12/05/13 09:21 PM
Standing by for installation to end

# 44 denmarkVesey @ 12/05/13 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSAnchez
denmarkVesey Thanks for the help
Steps i have done ( started This (9:14 EST on 11/5/13 )

1. Uninstall 2k14
2. Restore the Xbox one to factory settings.
3. Restarted Xbox one
4. Power Cycle My network
5. Pull power cable from xbox one
6. Let it sit for a full minute
6. Power up xbox
7. Run fresh install from disk
NP Bro just trying to help.

# 45 JRSAnchez @ 12/05/13 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denmarkVesey
NP Bro just trying to help.
8. installation completed *10:10 pm EST 12/5/13
9. start the fame but now it is stuck on syncing data ... is that the update ?

# 46 denmarkVesey @ 12/05/13 10:48 PM
Quote:
8. installation completed *10:10 pm EST 12/5/13
9. start the fame but now it is stuck on syncing data ... is that the update ?
TBH i have not downloaded the current patch yet sorry bro.

# 47 GruffyMcGuiness @ 12/06/13 12:09 AM
Play with friends on the park still doesn't work. Did this patch actually fix anything?

# 48 oranges @ 12/06/13 12:56 AM
still missing the defensive settings that are on 360 version of 2k13 / 2k14, why was this missing in the first place??

# 49 oranges @ 12/06/13 01:15 AM
one more request: please display fatigue meter when using dpad to sub players, another feature on 2k14 360 version missing on next gen.

# 50 jdareal21 @ 12/06/13 02:53 AM
Just a few things I've used to help:

1) The update, at least for me, started automatically. I worked 3rd shift, came back in the morning, and got an error saying the update wasn't able to be completed. I have a pretty substandard wi-fi setup, so I figured that was the issue. I did a hard restart (holding in the power button until it shuts down) and then restarted. When it rebooted, the % of the update was shown on the main dash at 97%. In about 10 min, it was done and gave a notification. If you're not leaving your Xbox connected to the internet when it's off, it might be something to try.

2) From my experience, if you turn off action replays and skip through end of qtr/halftime cut scenes, the game doesn't crash. I'm assuming the next update will fix these things, but I was playing Myplayer and didn't feel in the mood to lose progress just so I could test if it was working properly now. Judging from other responses, I'm guessing not.

# 51 FedExPope @ 12/06/13 03:02 AM
This games ****ing cheese and poorly implemented features is making it utterly unplayable. Get blocked once, your player is ICE cold forever, so have fun if a key player gets blocked on the first possession! Speaking of blocks, way more than half of them end up in the hands of the opponent, who then either magically make a difficult shot or get an easy one thanks to idiotic AI. The AI instantly picks blocked shots of the ground and converts them for easy buckets, in a manner of about half a second, which really isn't crappy defensive AI as they're usually going for the ball. Get a steal, the player WILL screw up the pass on the fastbreak and turn it right back over.

The bounce pass, and therefore the fastbreak, is dead, I don't know why they bothered putting it in if every single time it gets intercepted by a defender. It's ridiculous that every single fastbreak I end up having to pull the ball up, unless I have 0 defenders on my way to the hoop. Most passes are the absolute worst type, i.e. trying to get passes to a posted up big man are hardly ever high and floaty like they need to be. It's funny how when you pass the ball to good shooters they like to move about 3 steps beyond the arc while getting the pass, or they'll go inside the moment I go to pass and the ball gets turned over. The ball has ZERO life in it; its like a big sphere of lead. The only time it moves with any kind of speed is sometimes when its blocked.

The AI sinking difficult, over-the-contesting-defender and long distance 3s? The norm. Rollerskating is absolutely ridiculous, I have very little control of my player on either side of the ball.

They seem to have removed the floater, as every time I try one with a penetrating guard, rather than flip the ball up, he takes two steps to the side and attempts a stupid, hard to convert running jumpshot. Which, of course, gets blocked the majority of the time. Players with crappy shooting animations are routinely blocked on their jumpers, even while fading away.

I'm able to steal the ball at a ridiculous rate, but this is basically the only weapon I have against this CRAP. I'm playing on Pro difficulty! If I wanted to overcome the AI's bull****, I'd play on the HOF level! And it's not like the AI does this only in the 4th quarter - in my experience, this crap is happening from the tip, and in all but one game I've had to play from a 10 point deficit in the beginning, which is fine when its not happening against the 76ers. And every single time I play.

I am so incredibly frustrated with the gameplay of this game right now. Maybe I need to try out some sliders. I'm not normally one that believes in AI cheating, or at least not that often, but I'm starting to believe it in this game. It's a new build, and given the short development time of the game, I'm sure AI isn't as good as it is as current gen, or not as good as it should be on next gen. It wouldn't be surprising that the developers put in a bunch of bullcrap so that you don't end up winning every game. This really is something outside of everybody's control; we demand a new game every year, and that gives them less than a year's time to make the game. Now I'm not sure how long in advance they made the next gen versions, but I'm sure it still wasn't long enough. It may very well be unavoidable, and we may have to deal with the artificial difficulty that permeates this game's gameplay.

# 52 thomasg2488 @ 12/06/13 05:36 AM
Freaking joke. Tried all the "FIXES" if you want to call them that, THREE TIMES. 2k needs to get their heads out of their ***** and start making games that don't have a damn bug, glitch, online problem every year on release. Yes I know games will have issues, but come on. You got people wanting to play My Career and when you can't even load it up after spending money on extra VC, it's a joke and slap in the face to the consumer. Ronnie 2k, you better keep your mouth shut about how great the game is. All I see is a beta test at this point. I've freaking play AC4, CoD Ghosts and Madden 25. Not a single damn problem with them at all.

# 53 Totalpackage83 @ 12/06/13 07:53 AM
Since installing this update, I am now getting kicked from online head to head games. Has happened three games in a row. It isn't the connection. It is happening in the 4th quarter.

# 54 Bradkaz96 @ 12/06/13 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sccavs64
Ok guys, I think we might have made some progress here.

The guy on the phone said it's easy to fix, you just have to go to nba2k.com and log-in. From there you can click on "account", and you will be able to manually delete your files from their servers. He said you can't actually delete them from their servers on your console (stupid, but whatever).

Now I just can't remember my password and their password reset thing isn't working. So I am on the phone with them yet again. I will confirm whether or not this works once I get logged in to their website.
I definitely think you are on to something here. I have been having issues with game files and crashes on the XBone system that won't let me play either mycareer or myGM modes. I think it is directly related to the alloted 5 saves from 2k. I was loading a mycareer file post patch and it loaded a myGM file of a team I previously was using but had deleted awhile back.

I was unable to access my account on nba2k.com so I used a 2nd Microsoft account and started playing on that on the same console and I haven't had an issue yet. I know most people don't have second accounts to try this but I think this means it's definitely an issue with the 2k saves on their servers.

Hope this helps somebody

# 55 JRSAnchez @ 12/06/13 10:29 AM
3 hours yesterday and i cant get pass the showcase still. 2k is so lucky i am a broke mother f**ker, Because there is enough people having so many issue to start suing the f*cking company. I am not a person to sue but in this case i have been buying the game fors years all the way to the dreamcast days and since take two took over is just too ****ty

# 56 venusblue @ 12/06/13 11:52 AM
Quote:
3 hours yesterday and i cant get pass the showcase still. 2k is so lucky i am a broke mother f**ker, Because there is enough people having so many issue to start suing the f*cking company. I am not a person to sue but in this case i have been buying the game fors years all the way to the dreamcast days and since take two took over is just too ****ty
Just what might you sue for, emotional distress?

# 57 JRSAnchez @ 12/06/13 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by venusblue
Just what might you sue for, emotional distress?
lol yes ! this is America you can sue anyone for any reason. if some dumb *** lady got 10 million dollars by suing mickey ds for not having a warning sign on the coffee cup. most definably sue 2k for releasing a ****ty game. the reason to sue is not for money is so they can get **** done. Cant return the game at the store, they wont take it back because it is open. so, 2k get **** done !

# 58 Clappington @ 12/06/13 01:46 PM
Yo the park is messed up again lol oh god.

# 59 thomasg2488 @ 12/06/13 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradkaz96
I definitely think you are on to something here. I have been having issues with game files and crashes on the XBone system that won't let me play either mycareer or myGM modes. I think it is directly related to the alloted 5 saves from 2k. I was loading a mycareer file post patch and it loaded a myGM file of a team I previously was using but had deleted awhile back.

I was unable to access my account on nba2k.com so I used a 2nd Microsoft account and started playing on that on the same console and I haven't had an issue yet. I know most people don't have second accounts to try this but I think this means it's definitely an issue with the 2k saves on their servers.

Hope this helps somebody
Tried it, can't even load up my account on the website. I seriously may just trade in the game and save myself frustration. This is just crappy service from the company.

# 60 JRSAnchez @ 12/06/13 02:17 PM
As a long time 2k fan since Dreamcast I can't take this any more I skipped last year just because of servers issue in 2k12. I was so excited to pick this up for my xbox one day one! I was amazed by graphics and gameplay but the lack of features mainly Leagues lacking Hybrid CPU and player games is a big turn off, you have to have only player matches for league after having cpu/player matches before? This is a major step back that take away from my enjoyment I hate having to depend on people to just enjoy my league but still want to be able to have friend join league with me to make it more competitive. And don't get me started on the servers still not working correctly and The Park barely working.

I already posted my game on ebay or message me

I refuse to spend my hard earn money on a game lacking "old" features and bad servers in still in 2013! When they fix with patch I may pick back up.

- Restore CPU teams in leagues
- Fix random errors
- Fix dropped games on online play
- Fix the park servers

When this is fix I pick it up!

***** This is not originally my message but it is exactly what i have done and how i feel. So , instead of typing i copy and paste the message **********

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.