Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

The NBA 2K14 patch for Xbox One users is available now. The patch fixes MyCAREER save file and The Park connectivity issues. Some gameplay enhancements have been made, but no official patch notes have been released.

Let us know what you're seeing.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 JRSAnchez @ 12/06/13 02:19 PM
My intro video to NBA 2k14 .... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202452175256398&set=vb.1554714003&type=2&theater

# 62 onetry @ 12/06/13 04:38 PM
MYGM and MYCareer possible Fix (it worked for me)

If anyone has gotten the MYGM or MYCareer to work, but now it kicks you back to the homepage when you try to load or create new saves, I think it’s a server issue. Your old games aren’t actually getting deleted from 2k’s server.

Option 1 (preferable if it works)
You can supposedly login to nba2k.com from your computer to delete old saves them (I’d delete any customer rosters or drafts just to be sure). I couldn’t open the nba2k.com page after I logged in online, but maybe it will work for others and spare you the final step I took. The email address to use for login can be found under NBA Today-> Options-> then hit RT until the update email address screen. Use that as the login on nba2k.com to reset your password (in case you don’t have it).

Option 2
What finally worked for me, after returning the disk 2 twice and 4 different delete and reinstallations, was to create a new Microsoft account and then create a new xbox one profile. You’ll have to create a new nba2k player and lose any real $ you’ve spent upgrading them, but at least I can start a MYGM, make trades, save it, and reload it. It’s a strange world where this is actually very exciting to me to accomplish these basic "madden when it still had madden voice-over" steps, but after day after day of crashing, I’m really stoked. Figured I’d pass along the info, in case anyone else is desperate and looking for options.

To create a new Microsoft account go to the Microsoft store online (www.microsoftstore.com). Then create a new profile on xbox one using that login and password. Good luck!

# 63 mr.765 @ 12/06/13 06:38 PM
Having same issue here actually after patch.. Trying to uninstall everything then do a fresh re-install of game and patches hopefully that will fix the issue.. Any suggestions anyone?

# 64 ryantheplague @ 12/06/13 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetry

If anyone has gotten the MYGM or MYCareer to work, but now it kicks you back to the homepage when you try to load or create new saves, I think it’s a server issue. Your old games aren’t actually getting deleted from 2k’s server.

You can supposedly login to nba2k.com from your computer to delete old saves them (I’d delete any customer rosters or drafts just to be sure). I couldn’t open the nba2k.com page after I logged in online, but maybe it will work for others and spare you the final step I took. The email address to use for login can be found under NBA Today-> Options-> then hit RT until the update email address screen. Use that as the login on nba2k.com to reset your password (in case you don’t have it).

Option 2
What finally worked for me, after returning the disk 2 twice and 4 different delete and reinstallations, was to create a new Microsoft account and then create a new xbox one profile. You’ll have to create a new nba2k player and lose any real $ you’ve spent upgrading them, but at least I can start a MYGM, make trades, save it, and reload it. It’s a strange world where this is actually very exciting to me to accomplish these basic "madden when it still had madden voice-over" steps, but after day after day of crashing, I’m really stoked. Figured I’d pass along the info, in case anyone else is desperate and looking for options.

To create a new Microsoft account go to the Microsoft store online (www.microsoftstore.com). Then create a new profile on xbox one using that login and password. Good luck!
i wasn't able to find where to delete save files. i'd gladly delete ALL of them except for the 1 i'm farthest in.

# 65 DMuzz @ 12/06/13 07:16 PM
Same as you ryantheplague, couldn't find anywhere to delete saves so I've decided, screw it, I'll just delete my myplayer account. I'll post my results when my account is deleted.

# 66 stillfeelme @ 12/06/13 10:33 PM
Gameplay things noticed
  • Ball feels a bit more loose
  • Still way too many passes getting through the paint with defense being unaware
  • Defense tries to get in position to create contact (sometimes)
  • Offensive rebounds still a huge issue
  • Still too much warping and the CPU forcing itself in the paint
  • 90% of the blocks going back to CPU for an easy layup still
  • CPU still forces it way into the paint into the paint into the paint. Why shoot a midrange when it knows if it gets blocked it can just get the rebound again and again.
  • Didn't see too many crazy passes taking impossible angles
I played against the Jazz using Portland All-Star sim held them 39% shooting and I had 18 blocks. They actually ended up with more offensive rebounds than defense rebounds and shot 104 shots to my 77. and they had 26 offensive rebounds just an insane game.

# 67 bmgoff11 @ 12/06/13 11:02 PM
i cant even play my career mode now smh after showcase game and before i play first game the game crashes . Patch is needed asap

# 68 SuperNova854 @ 12/07/13 12:19 AM
Anyone elses park not work AT ALL post patch? When the PS4 patch hit it seemed like it all worked perfectly on xbox one. For the first time every court was playable etc. Then we get the patch and now NO park games work. Everything is glitched out. Seriously 2k?

# 69 Twista209 @ 12/07/13 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNova854
Anyone elses park not work AT ALL post patch? When the PS4 patch hit it seemed like it all worked perfectly on xbox one. For the first time every court was playable etc. Then we get the patch and now NO park games work. Everything is glitched out. Seriously 2k?
Same issues here, I can't play one single game, all courts are broken. Stupid question, how do you download the patch on Xbox One anyway?

# 70 HowDareI @ 12/07/13 02:11 AM
So what exactly was the point of the patch?

Park was working before; a couple courts might be glitched, a game or two might drop connection, but the mode WORKED.
Now, you go to join and no games even start. I been through like 5 different lobbies now and not a single game is being played..

So I'd like to know, how has this patch helped park? Like, at all...

# 71 JRSAnchez @ 12/07/13 02:38 AM
yo guys check this out ... the link to the video maybe someone can help me ... i have been having this is issue since day one ! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202480231837795&set=o.221292025304&type=2&theater

# 72 Twista209 @ 12/07/13 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSAnchez
yo guys check this out ... the link to the video maybe someone can help me ... i have been having this is issue since day one ! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
That is jacked up!!! I can't believe 2K released a broken game like this. It was no where near ready for release yet.

# 73 venusblue @ 12/07/13 09:28 AM
I was able to delete my account on nba2k via my iphone\ipad browser. I can't do it on firefox, IE, or chrome. It also works on Safari for Windows.

# 74 cookemcurt @ 12/07/13 12:02 PM
what good does deleting your account do?
if so, do i have to restart mycareer too?

# 75 mrprice33 @ 12/07/13 12:31 PM
This is the worst on-court 2K experience in quite some time.

# 76 sccavs64 @ 12/07/13 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetry

Option 2

I just want to confirm that Option 2 works - it's not ideal obviously since you lose all of your saves and you have to start from scratch. However, 20 minutes ago I couldn't play this game at all, and now I can. I just created a new profile and email on my xbox one at the home screen. Good luck to all! I know you need it, and you probably also need a scotch or two.

# 77 BPM 81 @ 12/07/13 01:26 PM
^thanks for that tip. I'm not starting a whole new profile just for this game though, we shouldn't be forced to do that
I haven't been able to complete a game quick game, mygm or mycareer without it crashing back to home since last week. I haven't edited Nene or whatever they say the problem is. I have logged into nba2k.com but there is nothing there because it doesn't support next gen...
just let us have access to our goddamn files instead of all this cloud bs. The cloud should be an option
not standard

# 78 Pacoman @ 12/07/13 02:54 PM
Not sure what's going on, but everything seems to be working on my Xbox One setup. My Career, My GM all appear to be working with no issues. No crashes etc. Not sure if my system downloaded the new patch though.

# 79 sccavs64 @ 12/07/13 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPM 81
^thanks for that tip. I'm not starting a whole new profile just for this game though, we shouldn't be forced to do that
I haven't been able to complete a game quick game, mygm or mycareer without it crashing back to home since last week. I haven't edited Nene or whatever they say the problem is. I have logged into nba2k.com but there is nothing there because it doesn't support next gen...
just let us have access to our goddamn files instead of all this cloud bs. The cloud should be an option
not standard

I hear ya, all this wouldn't even be an issue if we didn't have to save every damn file to their servers. If it helps though, I wasn't forced to delete my old profile, I just made a new one. So I have two separate profiles, one for just NBA 2K and one for everything else (Call of Duty, Madden etc)

# 80 IowaAJ @ 12/07/13 07:47 PM
I've had great games on NBA Today since the patch. I just played a great game vs the Spurs lost 83 to 82 as David West missed a contested layup. I play on Hall of Fame Simulation and it works well for me 10 minute quarters. Rebounding was really even just the gameplay is so good. Every game is a new experience for me.

The game before this one I played with the Twolves vs the Heat well I out rebounded them like I should kept it close until the Heat went on a big run but that was because I was missing shots.They won 94 to 76 mostly due to Kevin Martin shooting awful for me.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.