Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

While we wait on official word for the MLB 14 The Show release date, one has to wonder if the PS3 and PS4 versions will ship on the same day or not.

Looking back at MLB 07 The Show, the PS2 version shipped on February 26th, while the PS3 version didn't ship until May 15th.

I sent a note to Russell, but I'm not sure if he is allowed to elaborate on it. But he did have this to say yesterday.

Quote:
There's no conspiracy or grand design, everything is going according to our schedule for this year. There won't be any less information about the game than there was last year. The schedule is different this year that's all, nothing more nothing less.

Either way, it's fun to speculate, since we haven't seen anything new recently. Last year, we received the fact sheet on January 14th. We also saw some gameplay from CES last year at around this time, but it wasn't on display this year. Just taking a peek at our MLB 13 The Show page, we saw a few Developer Journals with hands-on impressions at the end of January.

Let's hope we see or hear something soon.

Written by: Steve Noah

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 juicer420 @ 02/04/14 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
That guy makes a great point. It should be out by the time the Twins play their opening day game. Inexcusable.
Very excusable. They're making a jump to next gen. That means all new hardware, all new architecture (completely different instruction sets), huge graphical upgrade, and not to mention all the new features they would add in a normal development cycle.

Building a game and designing software isn't an easy thing. Software is abstract and absolutely one of the most difficult things to plan for. According to Russell, they're on schedule, their schedule. They most certainly gave themselves extra time for design and implementation.

And we still don't have a verified release date. So pump the brakes on the inexcusable stuff.

# 162 bronxbombers21325 @ 02/04/14 10:29 AM
I just wish they'd at least let us know about the PS3 version.

# 163 krossouttheeyes @ 02/04/14 12:27 PM
Not sure if anyone caught it but Gamefly just sent out an "Upcoming Games" email and it had The Show for PS3 and Vita coming out on 4/1 and PS4 on 4/15. No idea if these are legit, just thought I would mention it. It also seems weird if the 4/1 is a placeholder that it wouldn't just include PS4 as well.

# 164 krossouttheeyes @ 02/04/14 12:29 PM
Here it is:

# 165 BSUFAN @ 02/04/14 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krossouttheeyes
Here it is:
It's not Sony its Gamefly

# 166 soxin12 @ 02/04/14 12:41 PM
Quote:
Here it is:
If that is true, I think I can wait just a couple extra weeks for my PS4 version.

# 167 ShowTyme15 @ 02/04/14 12:44 PM
Quote:
Here it is:
Someone mentioned a few weeks back they got the same email with the same dates. This really isn't new and like BSUFAN said it's Gamefly not Sony giving out the info. Until we hear from Sony i'd take it with a grain of salt.

# 168 krossouttheeyes @ 02/04/14 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
It's not Sony its Gamefly
I'm fully aware, as I noted, I am not saying these are the dates, it is just interesting. Seems like if 4/1 was a placeholder they would use the same date for all of the platforms. Also, a company like Gamefly relies on release dates as much as anyone when trying (a lot of times unsuccessfully) to configure their flow of games in the most efficient way possible, so it is weird if they are posting these dates without confirmation (wouldn't a game rental company understand the idea of a "placeholder" and not post it, although you could say the same for Gamestop and they are posting the 4/1 as well). I don't really care when it comes out, I just want a good PS4 experience, I was just trying to help out the people that are following the dates.

# 169 BSUFAN @ 02/04/14 01:37 PM
Quote:
I'm fully aware, as I noted, I am not saying these are the dates, it is just interesting. Seems like if 4/1 was a placeholder they would use the same date for all of the platforms. Also, a company like Gamefly relies on release dates as much as anyone when trying (a lot of times unsuccessfully) to configure their flow of games in the most efficient way possible, so it is weird if they are posting these dates without confirmation (wouldn't a game rental company understand the idea of a "placeholder" and not post it, although you could say the same for Gamestop and they are posting the 4/1 as well). I don't really care when it comes out, I just want a good PS4 experience, I was just trying to help out the people that are following the dates.
I understand however there have been so many posts here on place holder dates it starts to get funny, everyone seems to be stressing out big time. So I guess patience will be the key date

# 170 krossouttheeyes @ 02/04/14 01:46 PM
Let's just hope it isn't broken like some of the other next-Gen sports games (both basketball games for example). I don't care if it is May 31st, I just hope it is a great baseball game.

# 171 BSUFAN @ 02/04/14 01:50 PM
Quote:
Let's just hope it isn't broken like some of the other next-Gen sports games (both basketball games for example). I don't care if it is May 31st, I just hope it is a great baseball game.
I trust Russell and I am sure we will all be amazed.

# 172 chaz526 @ 02/04/14 01:57 PM
What if April 1st is an April Fools placeholder and it really comes out March 4th?

# 173 ShowTyme15 @ 02/04/14 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz526
What if April 1st is an April Fools placeholder and it really comes out March 4th?
Doubtful it's an April fools joke.

# 174 chaz526 @ 02/04/14 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Doubtful it's an April fools joke.
I should have made it more apparent that my post was sarcasm. That thought gave me a laugh though.

# 175 ShowTyme15 @ 02/04/14 02:07 PM
Quote:
I should have made it more apparent that my post was sarcasm. That thought gave me a laugh though.
Ahhhhh gotcha didn't look like sarcasm cause you put the question mark at the end LOL. My bad though.

# 176 dlee_75 @ 02/04/14 02:24 PM
Quote:
What if this whole lack of info deal is just a big April Fool's joke and come April 1st Sony is like, "April Fools! The Show releases today! Come and get it!"

# 177 chaz526 @ 02/04/14 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlee_75
What if this whole lack of info deal is just a big April Fool's joke and come April 1st Sony is like, "April Fools! The Show releases today! Come and get it!"
I'd be some kind of pissed/excited that people may/may not want to be around me.

# 178 The Kid 24 @ 02/04/14 05:55 PM
Not sure how legit this is but...

I just received an email from GameFly about games coming soon...

http://www.gamefly.com/Rent-MLB-14-T...stop_mobi=once

# 179 RangersCruz @ 02/04/14 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Not sure how legit this is but...

I just received an email from GameFly about games coming soon...

http://www.gamefly.com/Rent-MLB-14-T...stop_mobi=once

15th of april? i hope so going to put too much into gamefly's info though.

# 180 kehlis @ 02/04/14 09:54 PM
Dear Russell,

If you have a heart,

please convince marketing to announce the release dates so I can close this thread.

Sincerely,

OS

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.