Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

NBA 2K14 patch #4, which was released about a week ago for Xbox One users, is available now for PS4. Let us know if it fixed the issues you were having. Official fix list below.
  • Addressed an issue where some users were unable to load/play any previously saved files.
  • Addressed an issue where some users were unable to properly negotiate contracts in MyGM.
  • Users are now able to advance to the next round of the playoffs when playing the series deciding game in MyGM.
  • Addressed an issue with Friend invites that was preventing some users from entering into Head-to-Head and Team-Up matchmaking.
  • Corrected a case where the game would exit out after the first change of possession during the Rising Stars challenge in MyCAREER mode.
  • Improved performance in The Park by fixing a number of hitches that would occur during gameplay.
  • Fixed an issue where the title would be unresponsive when booted without being signed into a profile.
  • Fixed an issue where the game would occasionally exit out shortly after boot when there was a large number of content update notifications queued up.
  • Corrected an issue where thumbnails in the MyPLAYER Store and Dressing Room would fail to appear in some cases.

NOTE: All patch fixes are intended to work in your existing game mode saves (MyCAREER, MyGM, etc.).

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 jdaniel2 @ 02/04/14 08:52 PM
Patch didn't fix the problems. MyCareer mode is still stuck in on a practice screen and I can't resign my own players in GM mode. This game sucks butt. IT would be great without the glitches. 2K needs a whole new team on this game. How can you have the same problem for 3 years? Terrible

# 82 keshunleon @ 02/04/14 09:11 PM
Seem like they also slightly adjusted the PF's & C's speed keeping up with faster players.

# 83 b0ck3n @ 02/05/14 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaniel2
Patch didn't fix the problems. MyCareer mode is still stuck in on a practice screen and I can't resign my own players in GM mode. This game sucks butt. IT would be great without the glitches. 2K needs a whole new team on this game. How can you have the same problem for 3 years? Terrible
It's not stuck on the practice screen, it's a missing dialogue box. Just press X and it'll resume action.

# 84 Ritch211 @ 02/05/14 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
So after deleting the 2k app as well and re installing the patch twice i still get the black screen
This patch worked.......
although I had to reinstall the game and download the patch 4 times.
I was getting the black screen right after the main screen like many of you.
Not sure why it screws up sometimes when installing the patch, but after 4 tries, success! Better than the paperweight this game was for me previously. I can actually play the game!!!

# 85 gremdog8 @ 02/05/14 03:54 PM
Anybody else noticed after patch that you commit a lot more turnovers off the simplest of passes like it used to do on current gen 2k. I didn't receive any VC as well after playing one of MYGM games but gonna try again later and see if that was just a one time issue.

# 86 wowlace @ 02/05/14 04:02 PM
Yeah turnover city now. Wtf no point in trying get my team mates in on scoring since even a simple perimeter pass will be thrown poorly resulting in a turnover. Gonna have to score 60 a game now just to keep competitive. Yawn.

# 87 keshunleon @ 02/05/14 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gremdog8
Anybody else noticed after patch that you commit a lot more turnovers off the simplest of passes like it used to do on current gen 2k. I didn't receive any VC as well after playing one of MYGM games but gonna try again later and see if that was just a one time issue.
Had to turn passing up to 75 after patch.

Players seem to stop when cutting more on passes. Also a player will be open and as soon as I pass it he will slip and slide in and out of great position more now. Literally sliding unrealistically across the court.
I've seen a lot of my players throwing the ball off the back of other players.

# 88 cward1993 @ 02/06/14 01:01 PM
SIAP but is anyone now experiencing the sound cutting out intermittently during gameplay? Have played several MyPlayer games, home and away, and it happens in the 1st quarter a few times and then resolves. I also am now experiencing the auto-eject problem where the PS4 just takes you back to the UI from gameplay and spits out the disc, then just goes thru a cycle where it tries to eject the disc which is no longer in there. Had none of this prior to patch 4.

# 89 afropip @ 02/06/14 05:36 PM
My sound keeps cutting out too, didn't before the patch. This game is dead now really, every patch just breaks other stuff.

# 90 Heroesandvillains @ 02/06/14 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by afropip
My sound keeps cutting out too, didn't before the patch. This game is dead now really, every patch just breaks other stuff.
This is a PS4 1.60 issue, not an issue created by 2K.

How do I know? This problem just started with me and my 2K is and always will be out-of-the-box unpatched!

# 91 raindrop @ 02/07/14 01:20 PM
Can someone tell 2k that Anthony Mason is not Roger Mason? They haver Roger's face on Knicks roster from 94.
Is it me or Bird and Stockton hair styles are a bit punky?
Finally, the restricted area was implemented in the NBA in 98, so why do they have it on all arenas?

# 92 BA2929 @ 02/08/14 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by datruth251
Quick fix to the black screen is easy. What I do is before I open 2K I log out of PSN start up 2K get to the screen where u see everything but NBA today then I log into PSN. Only way I can get the game to start for me hope this works for u guys.
I did this, but now i'm getting the ******* name for my MyCareer guy. This Patch #4 made a playable game for me unplayable. Awesome.

Edit: Right as I typed this, I got in and was able to fire up MyGM. Luck of OS on my side tonight, apparently.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.