Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

MLB 14 The Show is reporting to Spring Training tomorrow with an extensive reveal and an actual release date expected to (finally) be announced. We are expecting videos, hands-on details, and probably a fact sheet with a full list of features for this year's game to be revealed.

We don't know if we'll get any PS4 info from tomorrow or not, but we are certainly hopeful!

What are you expecting to be announced tomorrow? What do you want to see out of this year's game?

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 BSUFAN @ 02/12/14 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
Sounds of the stadium. HR calls SO calls walk up music. Not into that huh?
A little organ music and I am good to go

# 82 metsfan4life1 @ 02/12/14 09:14 PM
Nice win for my CUSE.. On the eve of The Show news!

# 83 burjeffton @ 02/12/14 09:16 PM
What I expect: A beautiful game laying the groundwork for the future. A cool editing toolset for sharing highlight videos. Code-cracked lighting!

What I want in my wildest dreams: Bob Costas (sans red eyes). Revamped presentation. Deeper RTTS.

# 84 Dodgersnlakers109 @ 02/12/14 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan4life1
Nice win for my CUSE.. On the eve of The Show news!
that was a Clutch shot... I need to get off these The Show boards but I cant just hoping something will leak before tomorrow

# 85 StatikSelekta @ 02/12/14 09:39 PM
Well for me personally I expect to be blown away graphically with what the PS4 has to offer The Show 1080P at 60FPS. Beyond that it be great to watch and hear games live as they happen within the public and league lobby's.

Moving forward extremely deep RTTS, Online Leagues, Franchise Mode, and Diamond Dynasty features are something I expect to see only possible on the PS4 version of The Show.

Lastly I expect the announcers to not be so stiff and generic. I can't believe I'm going to say this but I miss Dave Campbell he sounded so natural compared to Eric Karros who speaks like a robot!

# 86 BravesBoy @ 02/12/14 09:42 PM
I expect somebody to come on here after seeing what is presented and say..Thats it? And then proceed to ruin my fun by posting nonsense for the rest of the day..Oh its gonna happen

# 87 StatikSelekta @ 02/12/14 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesBoy
I expect somebody to come on here after seeing what is presented and say..Thats it? And then proceed to ruin my fun by posting nonsense for the rest of the day..Oh its gonna happen
It's bound to happen my friend but I promise you I won't be the one to do it. After all you are a double threat like me an Xbox Live and PSN biblical beast so we've got to stick together! LoL

# 88 BravesBoy @ 02/12/14 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdrunner
Right. Then the rest of you will wait till the game is actually released then waste no time coming on here to gripe about it.
haha

You can exclude me from that bunch, never been that kind of guy to "gripe about it" as you say...never had a bad word to say about this series. sorry to disappoint.

# 89 wilo28 @ 02/12/14 11:04 PM
I think I may be in the minority here, but I'm hoping for a physics based cursor hitting option something like PYS. the show just feels very random to me sometimes.

# 90 Shaffer26 @ 02/12/14 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
For whatever it's worth, I just called my GameStop and asked him for the release date for the PS4 version. He said April 1st. I asked him if that was official and not a placeholder. He said yes, it is official.

Obviously we'll know tomorrow, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think he meant that it's "officially" a placeholder date.

Just kidding, I honestly think it will be April 1st, just the vibe I get.

# 91 kenkraly2004 @ 02/13/14 02:16 AM
I hope we get a released date and some official information on the game for PS4 and maybe some special offers for MLB.TV if you buy the game as well. I'll take anything I can get at this point.

# 92 rkocjay @ 02/13/14 06:57 AM
just a release date and some type of ps4 info im getting a vita mainly for this game I NEED INFO

# 93 SVCbearcat10 @ 02/13/14 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
I'm beginning to wonder if OS will crash at 9 CT/10 ET when The Show news drops. The traffic on this site at that time will be ridiculous.
I'm wondering if Sony will make an official release at 9 ET then everything can go up at 10 ET, or if everything, including news straight from Sony, is going to drop at 10.

# 94 aguero90 @ 02/13/14 08:00 AM
Can't wait to hear some video! I say hear, because unfortunatly being visually impaired, I can't see much of how it looks! But I'm just as excited as everyone else! Can't wait to get my copy for ps4.

# 95 KHarmo88 @ 02/13/14 08:14 AM
Gentlemen were under two hours!!

# 96 Sip_16 @ 02/13/14 08:31 AM
I am excited as anyone for the Show news but im also kind of excited to see a bunch of people complain about not enough info or what isnt announced or shown...it can be just as entertaining lol

# 97 barsoffury @ 02/13/14 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip_16
I am excited as anyone for the Show news but im also kind of excited to see a bunch of people complain about not enough info or what isnt announced or shown...it can be just as entertaining lol
lol. Yes. I'm waiting for the first person to complain there are not ball boys/girls in the game. What an outrage........ But seriously today is going to be a great day for any rational fan of The Show.

# 98 burjeffton @ 02/13/14 08:40 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

First of all, I'd like to thank Ramone for the in-flight entertainment today. In case of emergency trolling or internet crash, exits are located in front and behind you. This forum is equipped with an evacuation slide if necessary. Lights and moderators will guide you the nearest point of sanity. In the event of a full-blown PS4 trailer, your seat cushion will act as a means to keep your jaw from hitting the floor. Enjoy The Show, and please...BUCKLE YOUR SEATBELTS!

# 99 Blzer @ 02/13/14 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip_16
That's not going to happen today. Tomorrow? Possibly. Today there will be a lot of commencing and rejoicing.

There will be the obligatory nut who might create a thread about wondering what shoe brands will be available based on a screenshot or if create-a-fan might actually be in the game this year, but today's revolutionary turn will be based on the beauty of the sport that we love being as closely represented in virtual interactive form as ever possible. Even Steve and PSNation haven't seen what we're going to see in eighty minutes.

For the potentially noncomprehending...

# 100 BSUFAN @ 02/13/14 08:41 AM
Or the wall or seats are the wrong color, roofs that don't open and close, no music, blah , blah , blah , you can't please everyone so why try, just make the best game you can.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.