Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

MLB 14 The Show finally has a release date: April 1 for PS3/Vita and May for PS4 users.

Check out the trailer for the PS3 version. More to come.

What do you think about the dual release dates?

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/13/14 07:29 PM
If they* offer some sort of Upgrade Program like I the ones other games have received, then I have no problem reserving the PS3 version TOMORROW and being completely content waiting until May for my $10 graphics update. Wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

If they* don't offer some sort of plan and make us choose, then it's going to be really tough for me to decide what to do, because I sure as hell am not going to buy this game at full price twice.

*I think this is more on Amazon, Gamespot, Walmart, and other retailers, and not SCEA, so we may never get an answer from Russell on this, but instead, wait for retailers to offer their individual programs.

# 122 Knight165 @ 02/13/14 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
Yeah, I saw Russell post that, and that's awesome news. I wasn't sure if it would work because of the presumed extra player details you could do when creating a PS4 player vs. a PS3 player, but if they can have it done by the time the PS4 version drops, which they should given the usual time frame, then that's fine by me.
As of now....I don't think there is anything extra in the PS4 editor than the PS3 editor.
I think in future versions...this will be the case.....(cosmetic...not attribute or information related).....and they would have to come up with a way to incorporate any change from platform to platform.
I know they are already thinking of how to handle it for year to year franchise saves....

Just a note....if I'm getting this all correct
-Roster files....will be usable across all platforms
-Franchise files will also be able to be used from PS3 to PS4(through the Cloud service)...(which is great for those that are getting both versions and want to start ASAP)
-Franchise continuation in '15 will only be on PS4....
(actually.....I just read all platforms.....nice!)

M.K.
Knight165

# 123 MLB Bob @ 02/13/14 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke_21
This is what lack of competition does. No reason ps3 should be april 1st when its been march 6ish for many years. As for PS4, hope the extra time makes the game better.

Ya none at all. One team trying to make 3 games with feature parody across all platforms that are as compatible as possible. You may be right though. I think theyre mailing it in this year. And I can only assume the extra time wont make the game worse, I dont think these guys are taking march off this year

# 124 Simp @ 02/13/14 08:26 PM
This is one of the most frustrating threads I have ever seen.

Nobody promised anybody anything. Nobody owes anybody anything. We have each formed our OWN expectations, realistic or not.

# 125 glenzariczny @ 02/13/14 08:43 PM
I think I may honestly skip the show this year. I assume someone on here will have a pretty up to date OSFM for the show '13 and I can just roll with that, and wait until next year when this is all shaken out properly

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

# 126 scottborasjr @ 02/13/14 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simp

Nobody promised anybody anything. Nobody owes anybody anything. We have each formed our OWN expectations, realistic or not.
Couldn't agree more. Until you have worked on a project such as this keep your mouth shut.

# 127 kehlis @ 02/13/14 08:47 PM
Quote:
This is what lack of competition does. No reason ps3 should be april 1st when its been march 6ish for many years. As for PS4, hope the extra time makes the game better.

Lol, yea, THIS is what happens.

# 128 glenzariczny @ 02/13/14 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieBravo
I feel sorry for ya buddy. I actually got rid of my Madden bc it sucked so bad. (still has same plaguing issues form last gen), NBA2k and FIFA are actually the only things I do play. LOL.
FIFA on PS4 is pure awesomeness

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

# 129 Born Again @ 02/13/14 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieBravo
Actually, you wanna see what happens to a game typically with no competition, you look at Madden. nuff said. dont know why I quoted kehlis and not nuke, sorry.
I used to die and kill for Madden, 10 yrs ago. But they could not compete with The Show and lost me as a customer. I am sure The Show feels competition from elsewhere to make the best game possilbe.

# 130 ClarkWGrizwold @ 02/13/14 10:53 PM
I for one don't mind the later date for the PS4 because I find it hard to make it through a season without it getting bored so maybe this will help. I just hope they fix the issue of the weather and the players auto wearing long sleeves during night games.

# 131 ScouserHUN @ 02/14/14 01:01 AM
At first, I was dissapointed by this May release date for the PS4. Then I went back playing BF4 and I just realised that BF4 came out unfinished. We were playing BF4 on the Next gen consoloes for 2-3 months until DICE patched the game up to be playable.

So, in this regard, I am more than comfortable waiting for the game until May.

However I don't know if it had ben confirmed, that the PS3 roster files could be compatible with the PS4, because this is the only way that the OSFM roster could be out on the PS4 on release day. I really hope SCEA addresses this in the coming weeks.

I have only 1 more problem: the green wall at Fenway park is too light in these screenshots.

# 132 SFCFeagin @ 02/14/14 01:08 AM
glad I didnt buy a PS4 yet.. May is ridiculous when the season starts Apr 1st. Looks like its Vita again this year for me. Thuis game needs to be released early to mid March for real-life roster moves, because the ones they start with suck every year.

# 133 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 02/14/14 01:31 AM
I don't know what the big deal is?????

I'm thrilled to buy the PS3 version a month+ early so I can play it and say in my head "This is going to be so much better on PS4" each time I play and know that they are still tweaking things to make it even more amazing

Then I will simply trade the PS3 copy in for whatever trade in price it's going for and put that towards the PS4 version

# 134 jvalverde88 @ 02/14/14 01:39 AM
Quote:
They're releasing the game are they not? Even if there was another baseball coming out (which last time I checked there is) this was going to be the release date.

Coming in to this thread you would think The Show isn't coming out this year the way people are reacting, its quite hilarious.

# 135 SwedishTouch76 @ 02/14/14 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
this has my blood boiling. being the dynasty guy that I am, I refuse to play online or any other mode. we need to petition scea to move up the date.
some of you need to grow up. for real

# 136 decga @ 02/14/14 03:18 AM
Did anyone noticed at the end of the trailer looks the ump was ejecting the catcher?

# 137 SVCbearcat10 @ 02/14/14 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
Ten years from now, all gamers should still be using this as sound rationale when faced with the unfortunate news of late/postponed release dates.

The Show is going to be fantastic this year, folks! I think we're in for a real treat.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk
I don't think this game was delayed because it isn't ready, or couldn't have been ready. I think it's delayed because Infamous releases in March and there hasn't been a major title released since the PS4 launch. This gives everyone a chance to buy and beat that game, then they can turn their attention to The Show. That being said, I think SCEA San Diego is going to use the extra time to add some things to the game to make it better that they otherwise wouldn't have had time for. The 'vague-ish' May release date just gives them the flexibility to iron out any bugs that should arise without a major uproar. Saying it will release May 1 then delaying it to May 21 takes much more of a PR hit then waiting to announce it comes out on May 21 (just as an example).

# 138 barsoffury @ 02/14/14 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
I don't think this game was delayed because it isn't ready, or couldn't have been ready. I think it's delayed because Infamous releases in March and there hasn't been a major title released since the PS4 launch. This gives everyone a chance to buy and beat that game, then they can turn their attention to The Show. That being said, I think SCEA San Diego is going to use the extra time to add some things to the game to make it better that they otherwise wouldn't have had time for. The 'vague-ish' May release date just gives them the flexibility to iron out any bugs that should arise without a major uproar. Saying it will release May 1 then delaying it to May 21 takes much more of a PR hit then waiting to announce it comes out on May 21 (just as an example).
Just my opinion, I think you're wrong. This has nothing to do with Infamous and it's release. It's coming out in May because it's not completely ready yet.

# 139 BoomerHB52 @ 02/14/14 08:40 AM
I just want to play the crap out of this game and enjoy. If I have to wait until April, so be it.

# 140 burjeffton @ 02/14/14 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simp
Dude, this is one of the most level-headed set of forums I've read. Have you checked out the MLBTS Facebook page?? (which has 250k followers) People over there believe they're on the threshold of h3ll. It's downright hilarious how entitled people become over a game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.