Home
The Golf Club News Post

OK - I have just been informed that there will be an email sent over in the next few hours that will provide access to the Golf Club closed beta today. Myself and any others who were lucky enough to gain access will provide what information we can in this thread. Asking questions is not a problem, but understand we may not be able to answer them all. I will post in here as soon as I have the game installed and have spent spent some time with it.

We just ask that you be patient - Thanks!

Game: The Golf ClubReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
The Golf Club Videos
Member Comments
# 21 LingeringRegime @ 02/27/14 09:44 AM
Yeah the commentary doesn't do much for me either. I know they are trying to do something in that regard, but one of my favorite parts about getting out there and playing golf in real life are the sounds of nature. Maybe they can open up the bird song variety, squirrels barking, woodpecker pecking, etc.

That said I was impressed with the sounds off the tee and the fairway for that matter.

Thanks Bluengold for uploading these. I know it takes a lot of time and bandwidth.

Can't wait for the final product.

# 22 bluengold34_OS @ 02/27/14 10:21 AM
For those concerned about turning the commentator off - he can be taken down to 0 volume in the settings, and you can max the game sounds out - what you hear in the video is the game sounds at 85. In the beta though, the settings are disabled, so commentary cant be disabled.

# 23 bowld @ 02/27/14 11:41 AM
Few questions...

1. I noticed a lot of texture popping, especially with the trees. I assume this will be corrected before release?

2.This may have already been answered but will this game be a full $60 retail game or will it be more in line with a $15-30 downloadable game?

The gameplay itself looks great but the actual golfer animations themselves look pretty ugly

# 24 greenegt @ 02/27/14 11:53 AM
Thanks for the vids, bluengold. I'm really excited about the social aspects. Playing OS tourneys with limitless course selection? Sign me up.

# 25 bluengold34_OS @ 02/27/14 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowld
Few questions...

1. I noticed a lot of texture popping, especially with the trees. I assume this will be corrected before release?

They have hardly optimized anything yet in game. Some games I can play on max settings, others I have to play on medium, or even low. The game is a true beta, not a beta they put out to create buzz. They were very clear with this message in the beta acceptance letters. The next video I am about to load up is on medium, and will look better than my previous one - which was set to low.

2.This may have already been answered but will this game be a full $60 retail game or will it be more in line with a $15-30 downloadable game?

To my knowledge no retail price point has been set yet.

The gameplay itself looks great but the actual golfer animations themselves look pretty ugly

They have been made aware of the animation issues with the golfers - not sure what their plans are though - if any.

# 26 bluengold34_OS @ 02/27/14 01:26 PM
So here is a 10:00 minute video(7 holes) This is the best round I have had so far.

# 27 bowld @ 02/27/14 02:53 PM
Thanks for the videos. Game looks like a ton of fun, just hoping its a downloadable title as opposed to a full $60 game

# 28 bluengold34_OS @ 02/27/14 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowld
Thanks for the videos. Game looks like a ton of fun, just hoping its a downloadable title as opposed to a full $60 game
It is a lot of fun, and the more you play it the more you enjoy it. I just spent about an hour with the course creator - holy hell is that a robust piece of software. Still learning the in's and out's of it - but I was able to create the first hole of my local course I grew up on almost perfectly - almost.

# 29 half-fast @ 02/27/14 04:05 PM
This is all great to read. I'm excited for this game, and have no problem paying full price for a game if it's of proper quality.

# 30 jmaj315 @ 02/27/14 04:31 PM
Have they tweaked driving already? It seems that you have a natural draw in the first video and the wind kept it in the fairway until hole 4

Can you make a video of you re-creating your home course? that'd be awesome!

...And honestly I'd pay $60 for this.

# 31 bluengold34_OS @ 02/27/14 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
The sound of the ball falling into the hole is overdone much too loud. It doesn't really sound like that IRL.

Agreed - it is overdone, but you don't even notice it after playing a bit.

# 32 bluengold34_OS @ 02/27/14 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaj315
Have they tweaked driving already? It seems that you have a natural draw in the first video and the wind kept it in the fairway until hole 4

Can you make a video of you re-creating your home course? that'd be awesome!

...And honestly I'd pay $60 for this.

I don't think they tweaked anything yet - I am starting to hit my drives in the rough a bit more as I increase my power, by it still needs to be harder. I can try and get a short video of me using the course creator uploaded tonight or tomorrow.

# 33 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/27/14 09:23 PM
I'm more excited about this game than any other golf game. Looking forward to more impressions.

# 34 bluengold34_OS @ 02/27/14 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
I'm more excited about this game than any other golf game. Looking forward to more impressions.
Once they get some issues ironed out, it will make for one hell of a golf game, and find some nice longevity here on OS with clubs and tours. It does take a way a bit the fact that you only get opponents balls on the course and not a digital representation - but still just an outstanding game of golf.

I talked a bit about this earlier - but once you get your hands on the course creator, and get the hang of it, it is just an awesome piece of software.

# 35 ksteiding1 @ 02/27/14 11:24 PM
Do we have the option to choose post putt celebrations/anger? I think it would get old quick watching an NHL 94 goal celebration after every birdie.

# 36 bluengold34_OS @ 02/27/14 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteiding1
Do we have the option to choose post putt celebrations/anger? I think it would get old quick watching an NHL 94 goal celebration after every birdie.
It may be in there, but I haven't seen it yet. Keep in mind a lot of the options are still not accessible to us in this early stage of beta testing.

# 37 bluengold34_OS @ 02/28/14 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
Probably will not make it into the first year of production but it would be nice to see the players stances change depending upon the lie and the distance from the hole. On some of the longer shots from sidehill lies it appears as if the player was pasted onto the screen. Maybe choke up some on chip shots things like that. For an early build the game shows promise. I might have missed this but will there be a course vault where you can download created coursed like 2k and Sony have for their rosters?
HB does have a system in place where user generated/created courses can be uploaded and shared online.

# 38 rolltide1017 @ 02/28/14 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
I don't think they tweaked anything yet - I am starting to hit my drives in the rough a bit more as I increase my power, by it still needs to be harder.
What do you mean by "increase my power"? I didn't think they had skills to build up.

# 39 bluengold34_OS @ 02/28/14 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
What do you mean by "increase my power"? I didn't think they had skills to build up.
There is no skill build up, correct. What I meant was as I pulled back on the stick and pushed forward harder. You can pull back and push forward to swing at a normal pace and hit at or close to 100% power. If you want to exceed 100% it needs to be aggressive and fluid - that's what I meant.

# 40 speedtrucker @ 02/28/14 12:15 PM
honestly, I thought I was excited when TW finally got the Official Masters at Augusta...

this has me really excited, it is raw in areas probably lacking in some areas like sponsorships etc but to have a robust course creator and removal of the crazy aspects of RPG skill trees(ie a blue mohawked guy in a spacesuit that can drive the ball 350 yards into a 15 mph wind...) is so refreshing.

that was my problem with TW, the courses while difficult at default levels on tournament mode were a breeze because hazards rarely came into play if ever. now you can design a course where a hazard that is intended to force a player into a big decision(go for it or lay up) now is always in play.

quick question though: in the editor how drastic of elevation changes can you make? ie can you make an elevation change of 100+ feet on say a par 3? (one of my old favorite courses had a par 3 that was about 80+ feet downhill, it was 220 from the mens tees but played like 200)

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.