Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Our man Keystone570 has posted two videos showing off all of the uniforms in MLB 14 The Show.

Please like and subscribe to show appreciation for the video, courtesy of Keystone570!

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 johnnyg83 @ 03/30/14 11:38 AM
I realize they have to use the style guide, but it's pretty unlikely anyone would get upset if they mirrored more closely what was worn on field.

MLB Exec: "It's too accurate, cancel the license!"

# 42 Perfect Zero @ 03/30/14 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg83
I realize they have to use the style guide, but it's pretty unlikely anyone would get upset if they mirrored more closely what was worn on field.

MLB Exec: "It's too accurate, cancel the license!"
A couple of years ago I didn't think the City of Arlington would be upset with me when I was going 38 in a 35 on a major Farm to Market road. The $110 ticket that I was issued told me otherwise. I don't know where Baseball's legal team or SCEA's guys draw the line, but it's there and it's usually not to be crossed.

# 43 johnnyg83 @ 03/30/14 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
A couple of years ago I didn't think the City of Arlington would be upset with me when I was going 38 in a 35 on a major Farm to Market road. The $110 ticket that I was issued told me otherwise. I don't know where Baseball's legal team or SCEA's guys draw the line, but it's there and it's usually not to be crossed.
Your point is sort of taken, though you admit to breaking posted rules that are pretty black and white. When there's a difference between the style guide and what's on the field, it's much more of a grey area. MLB is the one who's not staying on top of things, if a licensee was to mirror what's on the field, I don't think anyone in MLB would have a good case against them.

Though I understand not wanting to anger "the man" sometimes educating a client/customer is worth the time and effort for the final product.

# 44 Jakeness23 @ 03/30/14 04:51 PM
Yeah, I hope SCEA and the MLB can figure this all out and let them better mirror what the players actually wear in the future. I'm sure they can do it, and with PS4 I'm quite sure they'll have a lot more jersey slots giving us more options and variety, which will be a much welcome addition. I believe in these guys because it's the only sports game developers that I know of that actually listen to us and deliver a great game every time.

# 45 rays1118 @ 03/30/14 05:00 PM
Let me get this straight. For the second straight year they leave out the Rays alt Powder Blue Jerseys WHICH THEY WEAR EVERY SUNDAY!!!!!!! And they have the 80s throwback jersey that they LITERALLY ONLY WORE ONE TIME EVER! How the hell is that possible. how is it that their actual home jerseys don't exist and they got a jersey they wore one time in their 16 year history in the game for 2 years.... How just how.

# 46 rays1118 @ 03/30/14 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
No way man, why would they ever include those jerseys that are only worn every Sunday home game? It's obviously more logical to include the fake throwback jersey that the Rays wore for one random game back in 2012 and haven't worn since.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Exactly this better be different on the PS4 version. I just don't get it. They literally wore that jersey one time. The powder blue jerseys are their nicest jerseys too. Hate the turn back the clock ones.

# 47 PadresFan @ 03/30/14 05:09 PM
SCEA is bound by the style guide. If ain't in their style guide then it ain't gonna be in the game. Just because teams wear certain uniforms doesn't mean it is in the style guide that MLB released to them.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

# 48 dran1984 @ 03/30/14 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan
SCEA is bound by the style guide. If ain't in their style guide then it ain't gonna be in the game. Just because teams wear certain uniforms doesn't mean it is in the style guide that MLB released to them.

Yes...we get that. But that is not the issue here. It is ALL related to limited uniform slots. It's not about the style guide.

# 49 DrPhibes @ 03/30/14 05:23 PM
Quote:

Why would the Rays baby blue alternate not be in the style guide?

I can get the Rockies purple sleeves on black vest because the sleeves colors can be interchangeable and they may, in fact, be purple in the guide.

But that baby blue jersey is a main stay in the Rays rotation.

As was mentioned above, this is uni slot related.

Either way, it's lazy. It's the saem lazy that has given us miscolored Blue Jays uni's for 3 years now. This game PRIDES itself on being real (and rightfully so), but they don't have regularly worn alternate sets, but insist on having 1 and done throwbacks and multiple BP sets. Figure that one out

# 50 PadresFan @ 03/30/14 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Yes...we get that. But that is not the issue here. It is ALL related to limited uniform slots. It's not about the style guide.
Some don't get it so I think it is important to reiterate it before the yearly debate starts again.

# 51 vessel29 @ 03/30/14 05:32 PM
Anyone know if the Rangers can have red undershirts with their white home uniforms and red caps?

# 52 SilverBullet1929 @ 03/30/14 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rays1118
Let me get this straight. For the second straight year they leave out the Rays alt Powder Blue Jerseys WHICH THEY WEAR EVERY SUNDAY!!!!!!! And they have the 80s throwback jersey that they LITERALLY ONLY WORE ONE TIME EVER! How the hell is that possible. how is it that their actual home jerseys don't exist and they got a jersey they wore one time in their 16 year history in the game for 2 years.... How just how.
All of this. I'd have let the throwback slide once, last year because it was worn the previous season. This year they absolutely should have gone back to the light blues. Seems like they were too lazy to switch it back.

# 53 SilverBullet1929 @ 03/30/14 05:57 PM
Quote:

Yes but the Rays light blue alternate is definitely in the style guide. This was just a horrific choice by SCEA.

# 54 kehlis @ 03/30/14 05:58 PM
Quote:

I can assure you the style guide doesn't have the A's wearing their white home pants on the road yet in the show with the Gold alternate they are...

# 55 SilverBullet1929 @ 03/30/14 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I can assure you the style guide doesn't have the A's wearing their white home pants on the road yet in the show with the Gold alternate they are...
Wait what,? Omg just checked it ur right ! How in the world did they give the A's white pants on the road!??!?? That needs to be corrected immediately there's no way that's right. Ugh that's gonna ruin A's road games.

# 56 dran1984 @ 03/30/14 06:37 PM
Quote:
Wait what,? Omg just checked it ur right ! How in the world did they give the A's white pants on the road!??!?? That needs to be corrected immediately there's no way that's right. Ugh that's gonna ruin A's road games.

You do realize that you can still mix and match right?

# 57 SilverBullet1929 @ 03/30/14 06:46 PM
Quote:
"Tapando el sol con un dedo"...

Yes I do but that's a big mistake that shouldn't have happened and not everyone sets their opposition's uniforms before the games. Anyone with any AL West franchise is gonna be upset when the A's come to town wearing their home white pants.

# 58 ShowTyme15 @ 03/30/14 06:47 PM
Quote:

Yes I do but that's a big mistake that shouldn't have happened and not everyone sets their opposition's uniforms before the games. Anyone with any AL West franchise is gonna be upset when the A's come to town wearing their home white pants.

Well if they can't patch it in then you are SOL(I don't recall them having patches that fix unis either)................they don't do uniform updates.

# 59 Perfect Zero @ 03/30/14 06:50 PM
Quote:

When they come to Arlington, I'll switch the uniforms before I start a game. However, it's going to be a problem in RttS since you can't change them.

Still, I wouldn't hold my breath for an update like ShowTyme15 said.

EDIT: Well, maybe... didn't they address the Braves' BP cap last year or am I imagining that?

# 60 kehlis @ 03/30/14 06:52 PM
Quote:
Is it wrong to point out inaccuracies? Is that not allowed even if there is a workaround?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.